Sign in to follow this  
AASE

ONS - Operation Northstar WIP

Really, really good work, much appreciated.

One minor issue for me is the Elcan sight. If you could improve its appearance, i'd be a happy man.

Overall though excellent mod, keep it up.

Oh, lol sorry to bother again but is it just me or does the ONS pilot have american flags on his jumpsuit? lol

Sorry the SF/Recce guys did not make it, I am however working on an update right now for the infantry including Backpack toting troops for OA vanilla a couple new models and textures and of course the Recce troops. I am also making the troops config multilingual to include English French German and Czech.

While I'm on this any special requests?

annd trying to fix the C8 hand animation

I like SF/Recce troops a lot in my Arma missions some thoughts.....

SF direct action Assaulters with CQB kit

Recce/SF Green Op with various soft covers i.e., bush hat, wool hat (toque), bandanna, skrim scarves, mixed camo. I hope one or two of these suggestions may be considered in a future update.

The JTF2 guys are well known for their unofficial dress code, the recce guys not so much

thanks Ohally

Did we need ACE OA 1.5 or ACE 1.3 ArmA2 for using ACE version?

Or is not important which ACE version we need? :)

@Verde13

How do you mean? In the aiming view or the external? What exactly are you displeased with. I have adjusted the aiming post to a smaller size closer to the real thing for the next release if thats what you mean?

@Ladsen

you are correct, we do not have a pilot model.... yet..

@Dragon

at this moment AR troops are top priority that way. I am working on putting together a soldier with a field cap (Boonie) for the next release. as for the Woodland troops they are currently on the back burner.

@Miller

ACE for Operation Arrowhead. As this pack is for combined ops Ace A2 will cause issues when running OA.

@Verde13

How do you mean? In the aiming view or the external? What exactly are you displeased with. I have adjusted the aiming post to a smaller size closer to the real thing for the next release if thats what you mean?

Sorry for not being clear before. I am referring to the external appearance of the ELCAN.

@Verde13

I am still unsure of what exactly you are referring to. The sights look fine to me, can you please provide a screen shot?

He means that they do not quite look right from the outside. For a good example of what Elcans could look like, check out Australians At War. They have the best Elcans out there, IMHO.

Also, didn't see screens of the Griffon. Guess I'll have to wait once I get back from Europe. ;)

Abs

having some serious texture issues with the window on the griffons, i've released it as is for now seeing as the Chinook has been pulled while i attach a C6 position to the rear of the help.

Yes i agree the AAW elcans are very nice, I've messaged SoldierX requesting permission to sue em on the ONS package. However the Elcans we have now, in the opinion of myself someone who has used the actual sight on numerous occasions with both the C7A1 and C7A2, ours seem fine to me with the exception of the blacked out ends.

having some serious texture issues with the window on the griffons, i've released it as is for now seeing as the Chinook has been pulled while i attach a C6 position to the rear of the help.

Yes i agree the AAW elcans are very nice, I've messaged SoldierX requesting permission to sue em on the ONS package. However the Elcans we have now, in the opinion of myself someone who has used the actual sight on numerous occasions with both the C7A1 and C7A2, ours seem fine to me with the exception of the blacked out ends.

That's great news Ohally, can't wait for the next release.

When looking at the c-130 in external view and taxiing I get some what can only be described at extensions from the propellers intermittently. I'll try to get a screenshot but it flickers.

Love the mod!

Status update the L2A6M CAN Main Battle Tank WILL be in the next release!! we do not have the barracuda cammy nets on it yet for the Desert environment but she will be fully operational with all smoke launchers and TI sights

We will also be including the ACE scripts with it.

Hey guys i would like to thank everyone for their comments about ONS and your continued Support for this mod.

we are looking for someone to help us in the texture department if anyone is interested please send me a PM

thank you very much.

the doors will open upon entry and exit from the gwagon

along with a turn in option for the main gunner

Question for the ONS Team: Will you be updating the config for INKO's disposables? I get a message since I updated INKO's that says ONS is not compatible with it. Thanks if so!

:)

PS: Nice work on the Leopard and the GWagon!

Hi I installed the non ACE version of this mod and all of the soldiers in the helo, including helo crew are standing up?

@Sgt Mack

Yes we will be, in fact I am planning on hardcoding Inko's script into the weapons pack to avoid any future conflicts just gotta get the appropriate permissions

@ Bigstone

Are you running Combined Operations?

ONS Combined Operations is for users running BOTH Arma2 annnd Operation Arrowhead. It wont run with just one or the other. Standalone packs for each Game are in progress but as the majority of the community seem to be on Combined Operations that is our focus.

@Sgt Mack

Yes we will be, in fact I am planning on hardcoding Inko's script into the weapons pack to avoid any future conflicts just gotta get the appropriate permissions

That would be awesome, let's hope that Inko agrees!

:)