Sign in to follow this  
AASE

ONS - Operation Northstar WIP

In The Works;

ONS Crew Serviced Weapons

The C6 GPMG is the major platoon support weapon for Canadian Infantry. It can e mounted in the SF (Sustained Fire) Role on a tripod allowing it to reach targets up to 1800m away. We've spent hours attempting to integrate the C6 into the Vanilla OA CSW and the ACE CSW functions however both of these only seem responsive to backpack carried parts for assembly. We here at ONS have opted to write our own script strictly for our C6. This will allow anyone to carry a C6 GPMG and have a second carry the Tripod. Eliminating the need for the Gunner to carry 2 weapons thus allowing for more ammo to be carried and less stress on the player's stamina when using ACE. The concept is ready to go we are going to be starting on the scripts shortly.

ONS CO V0.6 will be released ASAP with some weapon fixes/ updates (i.e. proper reload animations on the C6/C9) The L2A6M CAN will be added in as well, we are just sorting out some model.cfg errors and TI maps. Unfortunately we have not been able to sort out the texture issues with the Griffon but will be leaving it in our release for the time being. I'm hoping to also have the CH-147 as is out soon too perhaps in time for V0.6 . Also the C6 SF Kit (Tripod) will be released as a static weapon, The ONS CSW scripts however will not be present.

If you have any feedback, suggestions or would like to help with any of the above mentioned things please let me know.

Sounds great OHally! I hope someone can step up to help you guys out with what you're looking to get done for your final release.

Cheers and keep up the great work!

Woohoo! Getting the leo out now! lol I love tanks... O.o Looks like the mod is coming along great, keep up the awesome work guys.

Okay so I've been working away on the weapons doing small details such as animated slides on the Browning, animated reloads on the MGs, etc... I am running into some difficulties with the C6 SF Role (Tripod) It rotates and shoots just fine but it will not animate it's reload and refuses to dispense casing or shake while being fired... I'm gonna keep at it but if anyone has any tips please let me know.

Running into some issues bringing the leopard into the game. Also looking into setting up ONS to be updated through Yoma. expect something by friday

Hey guys me again, just wanted to bring another correction to the table for you: should the helicopter not be written as "Griffon" rather than "Griffen?" Just wanted to bring that up, keep up the great work guys.

@Ladasn;

You are correct, my bad missed that while configging it....

Everyone Inko has given permissions to hard code his disposable AT scripts into ONS. This will mean no more addon dependency outside of CBA. Next update will include this. Super special thanks to him for that. Also some of you may have noticed the chem lights and Other ACE throw able weapons not working with ONS. This has been solved and will also be in the next update.

Cheers for now.

:( I guess I'll just have to wait until I get back to Canada to see the Griffon.

Abs

Damn I keep forgetting screens for ya ABS.... I'll try and remember to post em after work today.

Hi Ohally,

Great mod.

Is there anything in the ONS mod that changes the FOV in helicopters? I ask as after I installed the ONS mod, I am suddenly looking directly at the instrument panel instead of over it in the pilots seat of any helo.

Cheers,

Aeggwards

are you using the ons pilot? it seems to be bugged which is weird seeing as it's just the stock bis pilot.....

to answer your question no there shouldn't be anything that would do that...

can you send some screens of this??

ABS Will get pics of CH-146 ASAP

are you using the ons pilot? it seems to be bugged which is weird seeing as it's just the stock bis pilot.....

to answer your question no there shouldn't be anything that would do that...

can you send some screens of this??

ABS Will get pics of CH-146 ASAP

Using stock USMC pilot

Before ONS

2eg5icg.jpg

After ONS

2r39un4.jpg

Cheers

Looks the same just no pilot in the frount seat?? is the only think i can see

It seems like the player camera is closer to the panels in front of him. Thus blocking his view of the gunner and restricting vision a little bit.

Also, for Abs this isn't the most detailed photos of the Griffon but it's the best I have at the moment. Link below.

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg270/Odews/ARMA/ArmA2OA2010-08-3019-03-10-97.jpg

As far as I can tell you are sitting lower in the seat and your viewpoint is further forward. You see less of the MFD's and peripheral vision. It is more noticeable in the Tigers of the ANZAC, Hexagon and FFAA mods.

I will post screenshots of the difference in these later today.

can i ask if you attempted hitting the 0 on your num pad to zoom back? this is an issue with the LAv 25 as well, when turned out as a river your zoomed in quite a bit.

can i ask if you attempted hitting the 0 on your num pad to zoom back? this is an issue with the LAv 25 as well, when turned out as a river your zoomed in quite a bit.

Yes, just tried that, zooms in even further.

More screens

Before ONS with ANZAC Tiger

2s0e22w.jpg

After ONS with ANZAC Tiger

sy33aw.jpg

But as you can see, doesn't seem to effect BIS AH64D

Before

ogctfm.jpg

After

wgyxw2.jpg

Will there be an ACRE booster pack, adding proper Canadian Forces radios? I know they use a re-designated AN/PRC-117F, but it isn't available in CADPAT.

Wow, very nice update indeed! Thanks Young Eagle for the nice looking model and AASE for posting it!