Sign in to follow this  
AASE

ONS - Operation Northstar WIP

Do I still need Inko disposable for the ACE2 version?

Not really but without it your gonna get the "ONS_Weapons requires INKO" message when loading the game up. even with ACE. have not found a way around this with releasing the whole weapons pack twice instead of just a config update. I will look at fixing this in a later version

im getting a message "cannot load texture ons_core\inv\cc_130h.paa" on arma2 co main scren using ace config

Works good for me with what I have explored except for ONE thing:

When I take a pilot out of either the Griffon or the CC-130 his left arm is super long and streched horizontally out to his side and the other is sticking through his torso. LOL

Other than that, epic. Has the leopard still not made it in or did i make in error in installing this?

@ JAy,

my bad did not include picture for Herc should nto affect gameplay

@Ladsen

that's the hand anim for the C8 series weapons

I will make some changes to it asap

and no the leo is not back in the pack yet.

Will you be making ONS OA/CO without ACE? Not everybody's using ACE with OA/CO/BAF.

Will you be making ONS OA/CO without ACE? Not everybody's using ACE with OA/CO/BAF.

ONS doesn't require ACE2. They just made ACE2 configs for it, which are separate.

Sorry the SF/Recce guys did not make it, I am however working on an update right now for the infantry including Backpack toting troops for OA vanilla a couple new models and textures and of course the Recce troops. I am also making the troops config multilingual to include English French German and Czech.

While I'm on this any special requests?

annd trying to fix the C8 hand animation

Edited by Ohally

as of right now you all know what I know reference the LAV3. I have not had a chance to speak with YoungEagle to figure out approx release times. however with the level of work he is putting out I feel it's better to just let him do his thing than get on his ass about deadlines.

Just want to leave this feedback here in reference to my earlier post bout the pilot's arms:

Launched the game earlier this morning and the guy was holding the C8 (CQB ithink its called) perfectly fine, no alien arms or anything.

Just want to leave this feedback here in reference to my earlier post bout the pilot's arms:

Launched the game earlier this morning and the guy was holding the C8 (CQB ithink its called) perfectly fine, no alien arms or anything.

perhaps you did not launch combined ops the first time?

---------- Post added at 07:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:31 PM ----------

BOO YA! finally think i got the hang of this Thermal map thing hello fully integrated ONS. this may take some time lol

perhaps you did not launch combined ops the first time?

---------- Post added at 07:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:31 PM ----------

BOO YA! finally think i got the hang of this Thermal map thing hello fully integrated ONS. this may take some time lol

Ah yes, I only launched arrowhead yesterday and did combined ops this morning. lol

Yeah I'm certain the C8 Animation is from A2, once i finish up these TI maps I'll take a look for a suitable alternative from OA to avoid future issues.

Hi Ohally,

Thanks for the latest ONS to you and the team.

in a previous post you supplied this for me;

this addweapon "ONS_C8A1_M203_SD"

It would appear that the weapon class names have changed because it doesn't work anymore.

May I have the new name for the equivilent weapon class with the latest release?

it doesn't work anymore?

every SD weapon as its classname appears in my configs listed below. perhaps a typo?

-ONS_C8A1_M203_SD

-ONS_C8A1_M203Eo_SD

-ONS_C8CQB_SD

-ONS_C8CQB_eo_SD

-ONS_C8A1_SD

-ONS_C8A1_Eo_SD

My apoligies Ohally for jumping to conclusions.

There were some garbage entries in some of my mission.sqm that was causing an error. it corosponded with missions where I used the "ONS_C8A1_M203_SD" entires in. Closer examination (and some text editing) resolved the problem.

sorry about that.

My apoligies Ohally for jumping to conclusions.

There were some garbage entries in some of my mission.sqm that was causing an error. it corosponded with missions where I used the "ONS_C8A1_M203_SD" entires in. Closer examination (and some text editing) resolved the problem.

sorry about that.

no worries, don't forget you can always place an CAN Special Weapons Crate on the map (if applicable)

---------- Post added at 09:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:15 PM ----------

Hey Jay I have something for you to convert to .3ds next time your available hit me up on msn please.

its a missing picture, will not affect gameplay or the cc-130 textures