Sign in to follow this  
AASE

ONS - Operation Northstar WIP

Thx guys for the kind words! @cja100: yeah, suppose to be 7, AASE wants an extra slot, won't hurt I think:p. And hello Mr. Wipman! I guarantee you there will be detailed interial model(also for the ANZAC mod NZLAV), but it will take some time though. Anyway here are some ingame test shots,

ss1b.jpg

By yuchenweb at 2010-08-13

ss3dv.jpg

ss2xz.jpg

ss4yq.jpg

Eagle, you almost made my heart give out. That's just pure sexiness right there, mate. Nice one! :D

Damn! That is one sexy LAV. And to think, it's for our forces. That makes it twice thea mount of win. Keep up the awesome work guys! :D

Is there any classlists for the weapons and such?

No classlists as of yet.. If i could get access to the wiki I'd have one up and running. I'll try and set one up soon. if in doubt try ons_(weaponname) example

C7A2 = ons_C7A2

Browning = ons_BHP

C13 = ons_C13_Grenade

The ARROWHEAD weapons should be out sometime today with the troops able to carry rucks!

That LAV is unreal. AMAZING!

Can't wait for this mod to be out for OA. The release for ArmA 2 was....buggy.

Can't wait to see some proper Canadian soldiers in OA. :)

did you guys ever find a source for an F-18?

Let us know when you want a clan to test out that LAV! :biggrin:

I can't wait to go back to Canada just so I can get to my computer which can run Arma so that I can play with this gorgeous addon! :D

Great work, guys.

Abs

Quick status update;

The Operation Arrowhead version of ONS will be releasing in the next few weeks along side an update for the ARMA 2 Version.

This will include;

ONS_INFANTRY

-Troops for both Arid and Temperate Regions

-Troops now have proper Ruck Proxies (OA)

-Troops will have TI maps (OA)

ONS_Weapons

-IR Lasers (OA)

-Flashlights (OA)

-CQB sights (OA)

-C14 Timberwolf + SD (if we can get it textured in time)

-Re-classed ammo crates for OA standalone

ONS_AIR

-CC-130H Hercules with Short Take off and Cargo scripts hard coded

-CH-146 Griffon C6 GPMG variant

-CH-147 Chinook

ONS_TRACKED

-Leopard 2A6M CAN is giving us some headaches but it should be in game both A2 and OA for the release

ACE Configs for both A2 and OA will also be released soon!!!

To answer some questions;

@wld417

No we have not been able to secure a F-18C (CF-188) model at this time. We are trying our damnedest to do so.

@Cja100

ONS is tested by the 7CMBG (Canadian Mechanized Brigade Group). They are a realism unit for A2 + OA. They are recruiting for anyone interested WEB SITE The 7th is under going a face lift for the 1 Year birthday so things may seem a little unorganized at this time but we begin a campaign in Takistan this October.

WIP:

obviously the LAV3 is underway and looking sexy! props to young eagle for that!!

Canadian Special Operations Regiment Troops are also in the works thier wepaons are finished and already released.

Halifax Class Frigate is a hope full we now have 2 modelers working hard to bring us some extra content!

The M777 Howitzer, ADATS, UAV, G-WAGON, RG-31, HLVW, and more are also in the midst of production. We are in need of texture artists like mad!! The more people we can get helping out the faster we can get these things out to the public and the higher the quality.

If your interested in helping out please drop me a PM, I check them daily.

If anyone has any questions feel free to ask em I'll do my best to answer as quickly as possible. Cheers for now.

The Operation ArrowHead version I'm trying to make only reliable on OA so those without combined ops can play it. However it will be 100% Combined ops compatible.

Is a new RG-31 being made?

Abs

Hey ABS as of right this second no there is no new RG-31 being made just waiting on the one that you have made.

w00w00 - totally stoked to hear about the Griffon! Also love the LAV3. ;)

The CH-146 Griffon is on the top of my list to get done, about 80% there just having some issues with seating placements and the gunners wont animate proper the just stand in the chopper...... anyhow will be fixed asap and hopefully the first release will be Sunday. This release will be for Combined Operations with the ACE booster for OA as well. 7CMBG is testing like nuts this weekend! oh and quick note ONS Domination Takistan is also in the works ;) with a mini campaign for the CF units.

Hey guys,

I've been playing with various versions of ONS troops since OFP days. I have to say though that waiting this long for your ARMA 2 version has gotten tiresome. I understand the desire to perfect the release but please provide more content as you go.

Having said that I do have a small wishlist if I may;

C8SFW with silencer, 203gl & Elcan sites

Recce troops with Bush Hats (maybe already inculded in next release)

List of weapon names and ammo

Hey we would love you ad more content to the releases but we are a very small team so to get some new stuff ingame and ready to be released takes a bit of a longer time then some other mods. The next release should see some new content for you guys to play with.

Thanks

ONS Team

Hey guys,

I've been playing with various versions of ONS troops since OFP days. I have to say though that waiting this long for your ARMA 2 version has gotten tiresome. I understand the desire to perfect the release but please provide more content as you go.

Having said that I do have a small wishlist if I may;

C8SFW with silencer, 203gl & Elcan sites

Recce troops with Bush Hats (maybe already included in next release)

List of weapon names and ammo

everything you just requested is featured in ONS v1.1 available for download already.

(with the exception of the bush caps) For simple use place a Weapons crate (Canadian Special Weapons Crate on the map and there ya go silenced C8s.