Sign in to follow this  
AASE

ONS - Operation Northstar WIP

Hey everyone,

New on the next update

it will be delayed as we just received our G-Wagon model and Rucksacks. we are working on them furiously in order to bring you a more well rounded package. Once I can I will take screens and post em. The Rucks will be configured for both the Ace Ruck system and the Vanilla OA one.

buldozer2010-09-2709-07-04-38.jpg

chuck has finished the 60mm mortar model. this will be crew serviceable using the default bis and ace scripts.

Quick update

The M19 60-MM Mortar is now in game and I've begun work on our crew serviced weapons scripts. as of now it works fine in the Vanilla OA role, it can be disassembled and re-assembled as needed however this does not work in the ace capacity. My question to you is;

Do you want the Mortar now as is?

Or

Would you rather wait until it and the C6 GPMG have been fully integrated into the ONS crew serviced weapons scripts?

Oh and the Leo is about 90% done!!!

also animating the bolts on the weapons and reload animations for all LMGs, Rifles etc...

Screen shots to follow some time this week

I would also vote for 'now'. As long as it works with the vanilla game that's cool. Any other mod compatability should be second priority if ya ask me.

Great work!

Abs

I would like it now but hope that a future update from ONS would include the added functionality.

How are those Recce units coming? :)

@Ohally;

Nice RG-31 you have there. One question though; looking closely I see some white outlines (spare wheel / front bumper / undercarriage). Why? Is it part of the UV that made it to the texture, and will this stay this way?

@topas, you have better eyes than me cause I don't see anything. What would be causing this? lighting, UV maps, Transparent textures, many a things could be the cause. I will have to give it a closer inspection at a later date.

uQDhr.png

thats what he meant

maybe the uv space around those areas is larger than the actual textures.

k well when i get time i will try and fix this minuscule texturing error so no one is disappointed. once i finish the weapons, troops, aircraft, g-wagon, integrate the lav, l2a6 config and texture the back packs fully script the crew serviced weapons I'll be sure to go back and re-paint the bumper of the RG-31 for you so you don't have to look at that little white line. sooooo sorry.......

---------- Post added at 09:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:34 PM ----------

ref: recce troops

Will be adding em to the configs tonight, although they will not appear any different out side of weapons they carry. Might give em green pants or some shit.

It's more than the bumper, if you had read Topas' post. He was simply trying to help you, as I would guess you've spent so long looking at the vehicle things tend to blend in/not become noticeable.

It might not be a major issue, but it was something Topas (As a skilled texture artist) saw and commented on. You needn't react so harshly.

Sorry been working a lot both in real life and on ONS, I over reacted, my apologies.

Ohally, sorry to have caused such a recation; was not my intent,,,

Just excuse me for being a texture-pervert, who pays too much attention to all those unnoticable lil' things ;)

peace ;] keep up your good work and certainly take your time ;)

Hey everyone, Update is well on it's way to going public. all the weapons are now animated and the L2A6M CAN is now in game with only a few very minor bugs. Thermal Imaging textures are a pain in the ass so they might not be working yet when the release comes out. We are well into converting one of xeno's domination maps to ONS. So hopefully, once it and ONS are ready the 7CMBG can open up our server to pubbers. cheers for now.

A couple of things for the wish list someday;

beret soldiers (officer)

changable shoulder patches

A couple of things for the wish list someday;

beret soldiers (officer)

changable shoulder patches

Nice idea and a Griffin with minigun would be nice :)