Sign in to follow this  
AASE

ONS - Operation Northstar WIP

? it's flashing right? it's an old rvmat error, we moved some files around for that release and didn't properly integrate, all fixed in the new pack with 3 tank variants too.

Wow! Sounds like this release is gunna be a huge improvement. It seems like everytime someone mentions an aspect of the mod you reply with, "Well, we improved that and also added this" :D

I look forward to seeing a complete list with everything changed and added. It's gunna be a very merry X-mas for Canadian Arma players if you do get it out by then.

Good jobs guys!

Also a quick question and possible request.

Will their be units eqipped with C8's by default, ie; Blufor>ONS>Arid Infantry> Rifleman (C8)? Or will we just have to add it in the editor like we do now?

Also are there any plans to take a stab at the future CUEPAT? I say if you do wanna guess just use your textures for the CADPAT AR and substitute different tans and browns for greys and Blacks. Would be cool to have this for special forces operating mainly at night or for urban security forces in urban environments outside of the Mid-East.

Below; A wikipedia article explaining CUEPAT.

Urban

Defence Research and Development Canada based at CFB Suffield (DRDC-S) has a requirement to develop a new urban pattern for the Canadian Forces based on the three major metropolitan areas of Canada: Toronto, Vancouver, and Montreal. This new pattern is known as the Canadian Urban Environment Pattern (CUEPAT).

According to the Advance Contract Award Notice, "The current CBR [chemical, biological and radiological] individual protective equipment (IPE) used by the Canadian military is provided in a woodland [CADPAT TW] or desert [CADPAT AR] camouflage. A camouflage suited to the Canadian urban environment is required when the military operates in urban terrain."

It has been proposed that CUEPAT could also be used on the standard combat uniform for the Canadian Security Intelligence Service (which is presently using the American Army Combat Uniform) or the Canadian Special Operations Forces. Some even suggested it could replace CADPAT TW as the default pattern for Navy and even Air Force personnel wearing the standard combat uniform or the Navy's boarding party uniform (which is presently blue or tan). This suggestion is supported by the fact that grey is neutral and is also the basic colour of ships and airport aprons (although little is known about the new pattern, grey is the basic colour of most urban camouflage and is expected to be CUEPAT's basic colour). Green is also traditionally associated with the Army and rarely with the Navy or Air Force, which might become a source of confusion. Navy personnel wear a Navy Combat Dress when aboard a ship or on a naval base, CADPAT TW combat uniforms being worn only when operating with the Army or Air Force (especially the "Purple Trades").

@mattyfo

The new section groups are equipped with teh current CF loadout at the section level

Section commander - C8

Rifleman x 2 - C7

Grenadier x 2 - C8 M203

C9 Gunner x 2 - C9

Section 2IC - C7

other than that you will need to add them via editor or place an ammo box

as for CUEPAT possibly for Arm3, I am in the CF in RL and have heard nothing of this. We are however getting new uniforms cut closer to the US pattern but in cadpat this is hopefully going to reflected in ONS

@Warrior_of_Arma

well that's been fixed either way.

project update

I've re configged the CC-130 to carry 66 passengers in the cargo hold.

with ACE it has the Jump out Left/ Right options making parachute insertions a breeze.

ArmA22011-10-1515-02-50-26.jpg

ArmA22011-10-1515-10-46-78.jpg

ArmA22011-10-1515-10-33-02.jpg

ArmA22011-10-1515-10-24-64.jpg

ArmA22011-10-1515-10-17-32.jpg

Well CSOR units are not in the cards right now. Trying to get the basic stuff down, what I may do is an alternate config requiring Teir 1 Operators that will give them CF kit etc. I am hoping to include at least one or two SP misisons that show off the aspects of ONS and hopefully a1 CO-OP and a converted DOM map. Depends on timelines etc..

Hey guys any future planned releases have been put on the back burner untill otherwise stated by my self. We are very sorry about any delays

Awh :( Why not release just what you have now?

To prevent needed damage control (aka people saying OMG why'd you release this if it wasn't ready).

It's better to just not release it if you don't think it's ready.

Ahh, yes that makes sense. Still................

Dont be impatient, its their choice not to make a release. You should respect the addon makers, they are making something for free.

I am aware of that, I offered to help out. I am not sending any PMs asking the Devs questions. I am just looking forward to the release. These are my favorite units to use. So RELAX.

Also kinda offtopic, I really like the Nogovan Armed Forces Project, keep it up (please)

Edited by Warrior_of_Arma

Hi, Does anyone know what is going on here?:confused: I am running no mods other then the ones ONS needs.

sqGnF.jpg

Thanks

Warrior of Arma

Stop using arctic camo. :p

Just kidding. Are there any errors in your .rpt file?

Abs

Arctic camo, lol :D

Anyway, where would I find this .rpt file? When I place the unit in the editor I get this error " Cannot load texture ons_core\data\l2a6m\kettle_.co.paa."

What the heck is that??

Thanks

Warrior of Arma

No need for the rpt file anymore. In the ons_core pbo, there should be a file named "kettle_.co.paa". If it is not there, then the texture is missing. But it looks to me like someone just named it wrong, so I'd recommend opening up the PBO and looking for a similarly named file in the ons_core, data, l2a6m directory, and renaming the file to match.

Keep in mind that this may break the addon if it is signed, and you will get kicked from MP if the server checks the signature files. As always, make a backup of the PBO before making any changes.

Abs

Okay I will try that, thanks. Also what program would you recomend for opening pbo files? I'm using notepad, but I don't think that's ideal :D

EDIT: Never mind I found the program

Thanks again

Warrior of Arma

Edited by Warrior_of_Arma