Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment Mod 2

Hello Rumpelstilskin. Wellcome to Arma.

I suspect you are accustomed to engines like UT3 or Source and this is what led you to believing every engine is like those.

With ArmA the situation is more difficult, if not hopeless...

In case of Arma any engine function that is not in use by BIS made addons is deemed unnecessery and you should assume it is not there.

You should realise BIS does not intend the engine to be used for any other purpose than their own game, so there is virtually zero possibility to modiffy or expand it (other than by breaking EULA). This involves shader, adding texure projections or whatever.

The standard answer to any request to improve game mechanics is therefore "no".

If a function is not utilized by the base game out of the box then the function is not included. And if function is not included by BIS you cannot do it yourself (EULA and apart from that it's difficult).

Sometimes you can work your way around the limitation with brilliant scripting or using some engine glitch, but not often...

In short the engine is only possibly capable of things that are necessery for armA2 out of box game.

Damn, too bad ...

I understand, but that's not a problem, I have faith in the great feartures that are already in arma 2 and that can be brought by ace 2, plus my biggest problem was about the grass whitch seems to have already been corrected with the beta patch so it's ok ^^...

Can still some animations be added for when you manage to touch some one, when you run on 3rd person and replace the the crosshair jpg (or whatever is used) with a red point or eoTech crosshair without breaking the EULA...The first ACE brought the "jump over obstacles" features in the first ARMA so I believe it is still possible, no?

Aalso thanks for the greatings, it is more pleasant then on most forums, an excuse me for butchering English, but I'm french, plus by the time I write this, it's soùmething like midnight... -_-

---------- Post added at 11:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:39 PM ----------

Also, before I fall asleep and forget, is it possible to add some directional movement to the AI for when the move like in SLX, this quite important imo 'cause it's a killer for immersion when then Ai stops to turn around because-it-does-not -..zzz...-compute...^^

Oh and if you want I can start working myself on those "getting hit animation" piece of cake...

I'll try to make them available soon...I'll try...We'll see oO

---------- Post added at 12:07 AM ---------- Previous post was Yesterday at 11:49 PM ----------

Ok just tried one little animation, which still looks good...

Try to exporte it and endorphine tells me to go to hell...

I dunno how I'm gonn do nice animation in Blender...It's going to look like crap, still can be fun...But if anyone can explain to me how the hell did I ended up trying to do this?

I realy need some sleep...Sorry

Can still some animations be added for when you manage to touch some one, when you run on 3rd person and replace the the crosshair jpg (or whatever is used) with a red point or eoTech crosshair without breaking the EULA...The first ACE brought the "jump over obstacles" features in the first ARMA so I believe it is still possible, no?

1. Animations - there are very few ppl (i only know about 1 or 2 ppl) that can do new animations for ArmA. That said, not really sure what you mean by "when you manage to touch someone?

2. Crosshairs - cannot have 2 different crosshairs (1 for 1st pers and one for 3rd). ACE is about realism, features and models connected to that, so having a red dot point...well. Most ppl playing ACE don't even use crosshairs (settings - OFF)

3. jump over obstacle is already in vanilla ArmA2.

Aalso thanks for the greatings, it is more pleasant then on most forums, an excuse me for butchering English, but I'm french, plus by the time I write this, it's soùmething like midnight...

No worries, your english is fine. And again, as panda said, welcome to this community

Oh and if you want I can start working myself on those "getting hit animation" piece of cake...

I'll try to make them available soon...I'll try...We'll see oO

Ok just tried one little animation, which still looks good...

Try to exporte it and endorphine tells me to go to hell...

I dunno how I'm gonn do nice animation in Blender...It's going to look like crap, still can be fun...But if anyone can explain to me how the hell did I ended up trying to do this?

Good luck with that :P. You can search for teacup RTM Maya tools if you really wanna start messing with animations. There is little documentation about those afaik anyways...

touch means hit (when talking about bullets) in french (literally translated).

jump over obstacle is already in vanilla ArmA2.

That is pretty shitty in vanilla ArmA2. It was better in ACE1. In ArmA2 you have to stop and then climb over a fence - thats annoying. Hope it'll be as in ACE1:)

That is pretty shitty in vanilla ArmA2. It was better in ACE1. In ArmA2 you have to stop and then climb over a fence - thats annoying. Hope it'll be as in ACE1:)

Isn't that how it was exactly in Ace1? It's not like you were hurtling over a fence while running.

The system was exactly the same in ACE1 as it is in A2. The only difference is the actual animation.

The jump over anim will be executed faster or as it is? Cause its a bit slow atm.

Mandoble system's will be implemented as it was in ACE1?

The jump over anim will be executed faster or as it is? Cause its a bit slow atm.

Mandoble system's will be implemented as it was in ACE1?

I'd love to see how fast you can climb over a fence in 30kg not-overly-freedom-of-movement-friendly gear without landing on your butt, back or face while trying to not get your gun into the dirt :D

ok prepare yourself...big noob question incoming from me....

will ace2 be compatible with the other unit-addons?

A you sure that in combat soldiers carry all that 30kg stuff? And what about insurgents? Most of all the only thing that they carry is an AK:)

A you sure that in combat soldiers carry all that 30kg stuff? And what about insurgents? Most of all the only thing that they carry is an AK:)

It's kinda hard to shoot at enemies with AK without ammo.

Even with some extra Ammo you got ca. 10kg that you have to carry

Ain´t no big deal

not another spat about wieght issues, lets just say that people during combat don't normally ninja over fences

Said a BIT faster, cause the soldier looks like floating in the middle of the animation right now.

Bit, no "noclip" mode...

A soldier will often unclip his pack when he goes to ground so depending whats going on, the actual combat wont include all the weight.

A soldier will often unclip his pack when he goes to ground so depending whats going on, the actual combat wont include all the weight.

Which is why when the packs are released with the mod, people can hit the deck and drop their pack, as it were in the first ace

I just wanted to say that in vanilla ArmA2 it was too clumsy.

This should be pointed out in the DevHeavens issues page, because discussing it here will not come to a conclusion.

Spend all the time you can use to make your ideas clear as possible and make a new ticket about your idea at DevHeaven, then you should ask everyone to vote for/against your ideas.

Everyone should be taking that extra time to make clear of what you are exactly wanting to be done by ACE team, and use DevHeaven instead of presenting your ideas in this forum.

There is a voting system at the DevHeaven which you can use to gather other peoples opinions and know what others think about your idea. Please use it where applicable.

ArmA DevHeaven => http://dev-heaven.net/

If your think you are too lazy to do that, then I personally think your ideas are not worth being discussed.

Don't assume that I'm disagreeing with your ideas. I rather do agree that the clime over obstacle animation is a little clumsy. But I don't know how you are wanting this issue to be solved. That's why I can't say Yes nor No about it.

Think about it once again, and take your time to sort out what you are exactly wanting to be done.

Edited by TOTAL22

How can you make such suggestions before you even know how the wounding system will be like?

Edited by sparks50