Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment Mod 2

Just some question:

If & how ACE2 AI will use (or be aware of) all those nice features eg. crew served weapons, grenades, backblast, overpressure, rucksack system, tailrotors and many others?

Are you testing ACE2 only in/for MP missions or also in/for SP?

Is it possible to play Arma2 with ACE2 all non-ACE2 missions/missions created without addons?

Why should ACE-less created missions\missions (;D) not work with ACE addons? All of the ACE features will be implemented in them, actually

Why should ACE-less created missions\missions (;D) not work with ACE addons? All of the ACE features will be implemented in them, actually

Simply because of fundamental changes to unit layouts, and both unit and weapon behaviour that can screw mission balance (or even the possibility to win at all) over completely.

For example stamina and backblasts are very good game-breakers for some missions.

It has been answered before that the black-outs are being looked over, even if the system is already different now; there is even a feedback point started on DH based on it...No one is being defensive here, you have already been explained by echo what was the point of how the ACE1 system has been done..

Well that sounds awesome I look forward to seeing that in action.:yay:

---------- Post added at 06:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:46 AM ----------

That they would hug you for filling the thread with pointless shit? Maybe one page total if summing up the posts of the last twenty is reasonably constructive.

Complaining about something that doesn't even exist anymore is NOT constructive. ArmA Forums - Episode 1: The 4chan Menace.

I wasn't actually complaining merely pointing out the reality that there is no Black out IRL. And I backed that up with:

1/ Historical accounts from actual battles including video re-enactments of those events as an example.

2/ An actual Blog of average soldiers competing in a competition(including women) which tested their endurance and skill.

3/ Comments from an actual soldier which supported my views on the topic.

I think there is one way in which you could potentially make dehydration a factor is to add the water intake to the players character which adds not only an extra area to keep an eye on but also more weight overall to what the character has to carry. And then like Dukenukem you also have to go take a piss every now and then which is well beyond hardcore for an FPS but it would make things interesting.:D

1/ Historical accounts from actual battles including video re-enactments of those events as an example.

2/ An actual Blog of average soldiers competing in a competition(including women) which tested their endurance and skill.

3/ Comments from an actual soldier which supported my views on the topic.

1/ You recounted dramatized events from films and TV shows, not historical documentation

2/ Competitions can not in no way simulate the effects of a real firefight (adrenaline [it does not always work in your favor], psychology [your mind feels it's carrying more than it is], weather conditions [obvious, and unfortunately cannot be emulated from what i gather to increase effects] few to be named)

3/ People's credibility on forums can never been proven to the fullest except by trust, and the amount of armchair generals i have encountered lost my faith in said serving men attempting to help out. Even in so, every soldier has different training techniques and all of them have an independent obligation to uphold their fitness levels (except in Australia and possibly in other countries where you are required to take fitness tests every so often to prove you have maintained fitness).

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Lets just leave the decision making to the ACE dev team, if after the release it is not quite so proper to suit the game play, then we can bitch about it, but until then ladies just give it a rest.

Ok lets leave this now and look forward to the next update instead...

Can we talk about something else? What about the wound and first aid system? It was one of the main feature in ACE1 i haven't heard anything about that for ACE2.

No point asking, as they said above, we're not getting any more info until it's out :(

Well we can try to bring back a usefull discussion anyway, maybe the dev's will show mercy :)

So, thanks to some ****** that keep discussing a feature they just can't handle (and it has been reworked for ArmA2), we're all cut away from cool info? Sometimes I really wish I could punch people over the inernet.

Sometimes I really wish I could punch people over the inernet.

The man who invents TCP/IP punching will be the next Bill Gates.

Edited by scubaman3D

But would factors like stamina be simulated in the punching?

;)

Im on it.

So far 13 broken monitors, but i think im onto something. So anyone messing around again just might get knocked the fuck out.

Im serious.

However im looking forward to hearing, reading or seeing any news about ACE2. :)

But would factors like stamina be simulated in the punching?

;)

I lol'd :p

Looking forward to see how the team will use the new shaders effects, color correction, blur etc, in terms of supression fire, adrenaline, G-forces, close call explosions and..........stamina xD.

Aswell the particle effects that seems better in A2.

1/ You recounted dramatized events from films and TV shows, not historical documentation

3/ People's credibility on forums can never been proven to the fullest except by trust, and the amount of armchair generals i have encountered lost my faith in said serving men attempting to help out. Even in so, every soldier has different training techniques and all of them have an independent obligation to uphold their fitness levels (except in Australia and possibly in other countries where you are required to take fitness tests every so often to prove you have maintained fitness).

I used video footage from movies which were exactly as mentioned in books which were written from interviews with people involved. In Bravo 2 zero the patrol ran quite a distance and then later Chris Ryan walked all the way to Syria(160km) and that was from more than just one book all the books written about it showed the same. Same can also be said for BHD yes those guys after fighting all day and all night ran all the way to the UN Compound. Just because its a movie doesn't mean it didn't happen they are both great stories and there are interviews as well if you look on Youtube with some of the soldiers.

2/ Competitions can not in no way simulate the effects of a real firefight (adrenaline [it does not always work in your favor], psychology [your mind feels it's carrying more than it is], weather conditions [obvious, and unfortunately cannot be emulated from what i gather to increase effects] few to be named)

Competitions can show you the level of endurance that people can push themselves and same with fitness tests which was why I mentioned it. Psychology and adrenalin in a computer game is actually simulated by the player himself. You don't need to simulate either aspect because the experience from the game will deliver that if its done right. For a combat sim like Arma the effects I think aren't the same as games like Halflife since the player is less afraid of bullets than he is of getting eaten by a giant monster.:D

Probably the best aspect of ACE1s damage model is the player screaming in pain which is very cool there is definately some good aspects in the damage model although its basic 1st aid its very well done.

Lets just leave the decision making to the ACE dev team, if after the release it is not quite so proper to suit the game play, then we can bitch about it, but until then ladies just give it a rest.

Yeah I agree I look forward to seeing what they come up with so far the list of improvements make it by far the most authentic FPS.

Very intelligent. I did preface the question with the word 'rough'.

Yeah. Sure. I have ACCURATE DATE FOR THE RELEASE DATE.

When its done.

I used video footage from movies which were exactly as mentioned in books which were written from interviews with people involved. In Bravo 2 zero the patrol ran quite a distance and then later Chris Ryan walked all the way to Syria(160km) and that was from more than just one book all the books written about it showed the same. Same can also be said for BHD yes those guys after fighting all day and all night ran all the way to the UN Compound. Just because its a movie doesn't mean it didn't happen they are both great stories and there are interviews as well if you look on Youtube with some of the soldiers.

Competitions can show you the level of endurance that people can push themselves and same with fitness tests which was why I mentioned it. Psychology and adrenalin in a computer game is actually simulated by the player himself. You don't need to simulate either aspect because the experience from the game will deliver that if its done right. For a combat sim like Arma the effects I think aren't the same as games like Halflife since the player is less afraid of bullets than he is of getting eaten by a giant monster.:D

Probably the best aspect of ACE1s damage model is the player screaming in pain which is very cool there is definately some good aspects in the damage model although its basic 1st aid its very well done.

Yeah I agree I look forward to seeing what they come up with so far the list of improvements make it by far the most authentic FPS.

for fucks sake, the both of you SHUT IT.

/Ignore SUBS17.

For God Sake Stop Spaming the Thread with this.

Hey, we havent see the mod yet.So wait for it come out, test and after that start to complaining about any issue you dont like.

If you really dont like and want a MoD who suits your taste...

Make yourself one.

Stop posting shit here and let us have the news and upadtes about the mod.

---

Or make a modification on stamina and show it to us.

You just talking and talking here SUBS17...

Subs would you please give it a rest already? You are the only one still on about this.

I bet if you took out all of the stamina whines and the 'when's it out' this thread would only be 10 pages. Have you guys no decent games to play? Try Arma 2, i believe that's pretty good.

Subs would you please give it a rest already? You are the only one still on about this.

Ok Dude :D