Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment Mod 2

After reading the features page i have some suggetions on the parachuting:

Static line parachuting is the most common method of jumping out of an airplane. This simply means that the chute is hooked in on a metal cord in the airplane (the jumper has to hook in on command). The jumper then just jumps out of the door and the cord is pulls out the parachute without requiring the jumper to do anything.

Parachute failure:

It can happen that the parachute doesn't open or doesn't open properly. It's called "biscuit building" in german because the chute then looks like a biscuit :) But this may only happen to the T-10 (which is the most common chute). Have a look here

This is how it was in ACE1. Homer Johnston designed a very nice steerable system for the ram-air parachutes, while we kept the vanilla form (on jump - chute opens) for the t10-jellyfish chutes when we added the model.

Sorry if it's been covered, but will parallax-free holosights be making it in at all? I'd guess not but I can hope. If not, will the crouching animation be made static?

guess it depends if it can be done properly...without the alpha bug workaround like in A1.

What do you mean by crouching animation be made static?

Since this is my first post on this subject. Some things I would like to see changed. In the magazine system, add a little more missiles for the SMAW launcher. Really it doesn't give you enough for the amount of tanks you face. Sometimes there is not always 50 people playing.

SMAW is not a light weapon, and it is usually handled by 2-3 soldiers iRL.

If you are playing by yourself against 20 tanks, then you might wanna change the mission or the server...

if i ask how many percents of features in ACE2 are completed, u wont answer me, will ya?

guess not :D

Is there a projected release date for this mod?

when it is done

Now now that wasent the only part of my question was it? I asked if the first ACE came out right before arma 2. In other words how long after ARMAs release was ace done? And or how long between ACE being announced and being released?

Now now that wasent the only part of my question was it? I asked if the first ACE came out right before arma 2. In other words how long after ARMAs release was ace done? And or how long between ACE being announced and being released?

Doesnt really matter but it was quite a while after the release of Arma. Plus ACE2 is coming early complaired to Arma becuase the port over isnit that bad complaired to having to actually create everything from scratch

Now now that wasent the only part of my question was it? I

But it was the part you *really* wanted to know though, wasn't it?

Sure, ACE1 released after A2 was announced. I don't know that anybody would care to provide exact dates on when the first public beta was released in relation to when A2 was announced or when A1 was initially released, or when ACE1 was first announced etc...

These are all a matter of public record that you could find on your own if you cared enough to ;)

Did you found a workaround or a solution for crew served weapons for AI teams eg. if you group them they deploy/undeploy weapons via direct order aswell as loading/unloading them on their own?

What about stretchers + feature to carry wounded units? Could be even interesting to carry heavier boxes/stuff like that.

ACE was released publicly on the 24th of December 2008, at 16:00 GMT.

ArmA1 was release January or February 2007 (or around then)

BUT we expect ACE2 to be released earlier in relation to ArmA2 release date since most of ACE1 work was easily ported over to ACE2, as opposed to having to build everything from scratch...

That doesn't mean you will get a definitive answer for obvious reasons

PS: i don't really like demanding tones. So if you want an answer i suggest you change it in the future, nobody owes you nothing

ACE2 is about realism....

Certainly realism is a big part of what ACE is about, but lets hope it's not the only aspect the team currently has envisioned.

I've said it before, ACE is a LOT of things and realism is simply a part of it. It's a great collection of incredible mods, sounds, animations, units, and a delivery system that allows players to stay updated and in sync. It's also happens to have some nice realism features ;)

I truly hope the ACE developement team realizes that a majority of the people who use ACE do so for a vast number of reasons based on features....and not simply because it a "realism" mod.

I personally look forward to playing with all the new features and addons. The ACE team puts together some seriously cool shit. But I really couldn't care less about an improved stamina system....or something that simulates fear....or the need to run behind a bush and take a crap.... or stop to have a combat jack when it gets dark.... even if those things are all "realistic".

I hope the ACE team was able to make the features of ACE2 selectable so that everyone can enjoy it....and not just the "realism" fanatics.

What do you mean by crouching animation be made static?

You know how the character shifts around (even when 'still') and the sights become unaligned when you're trying to aim? Stand up straight and you can aim fine again.

Reading the wiki something got my atention about ACE2.

"There are a number of masks and eyewear you can use during gameplay. Using this feature requires some setup in the ACE user config:

Mask

Balaklavas

Tactical Googles (Love em :3 )

Sunglasses

So there will be any changes by wearing the Sunglasses? Like a less Blury Sun as Sakura_Chan mod?

This would be more realistic (and a nice Feature) if possible to implement.

Since when wear sunglasses IRL we can see better when looking toward a postion were the Sun is.

The sounds in ACE2 is a module right? Its nice to be able to switch soundmods around to get a new feel of the game.

Hey man I appreciate the answer. And I aint gonna get into no argument with you on a forum, not my style. But really man? get over yourself. Untill they invent tone font you dont know how I said it. I aint demanding anything. I simply made it clear that my question was mroe broad than when is this released. Howver ur, I suggest you change your tone certainly was easily recognized as condencending. But I digress, thanks for the answer.

ACE was released publicly on the 24th of December 2008, at 16:00 GMT.

ArmA1 was release January or February 2007 (or around then)

BUT we expect ACE2 to be released earlier in relation to ArmA2 release date since most of ACE1 work was easily ported over to ACE2, as opposed to having to build everything from scratch...

That doesn't mean you will get a definitive answer for obvious reasons

PS: i don't really like demanding tones. So if you want an answer i suggest you change it in the future, nobody owes you nothing

So the only deployable weapons, so far, are machine guns?

I'd like to make deployable mortar tubes. How can I help?

Also, the feature list said something about C4? How small is the explosion on that? Recently, my crew has been hacking missions by using satchels to blow through brick walls and get to objectives more quickly, but the blast is a bit too big.

So the only deployable weapons, so far, are machine guns?

I'd like to make deployable mortar tubes. How can I help?

Also, the feature list said something about C4? How small is the explosion on that? Recently, my crew has been hacking missions by using satchels to blow through brick walls and get to objectives more quickly, but the blast is a bit too big.

In ACE1 there were deployable Grenade Launcher too

But speaking about mortars, if you want to make one, i made this "crappytube-wannabemortar m224 with the m8 plate for handheld transport" model in o2 ( it's my second model ever and a 1 hour and a half work so don't insult me :D )

m224.jpg

If you can get that UV mapped than it's all yours, i've uploaded it ( look here http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?p=1462574#post1462574 for more infos) as i said it's almost junk, but the proportions are quite good so at least if you want to make a better one you don't have to start everythink from scratch.

I can't do models, just coding/scripting. Alas! I've got nothing to contribute.

The sounds in ACE2 is a module right? Its nice to be able to switch soundmods around to get a new feel of the game.

Yeah, seperated to rifle, machinegun, submachinegun, sniper rifle, shotgun, pistol, vehicle weapons, soniccrack, explosion and vehicle sound .pbos.

Hello, how the person in charge to ace 2? i like to talk with him, so if you in ace 2 team, just send me pm, thanks :)

If you can get that UV mapped than it's all yours, i've uploaded it ( look here

Thanks for the offer. I already made an M224 mortar for ACEX and its on the long (and growing) to-do list.

Clock the speeds at which they move, and you'll see they're pretty damn fit.

Compared to a friend of mine who is a soldier IRL carrying the same load he can go way further, faster without the collapsing and hes quite average in fitness. All I can say is the ACE fitness of the SF class is like that of someone incapable of passing a basic fitness test.:cool:

---------- Post added at 10:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:47 PM ----------

Also if you get too tired from sprinting do you automatically go prone or do you black out?

IRL you throw up first keep going with a 2nd wind then your top speed drops from 100% to 70 and then further to 50 and finally to 30% when you're low on energy. There is no black out IRL unless you are in a situation where you are being dragged(which doesn't happen in this situation) to maintain beyond 100% top speed. When you reach your lowest stamina IRL you don't collapse you would drop from running to walking and then from walking normal to slow. Situations which would push the body would be climbing, crawling and running which demand upper body strength as well as your feet.:D

Compared to a friend of mine who is a soldier IRL carrying the same load he can go way further, faster without the collapsing and hes quite average in fitness. All I can say is the ACE fitness of the SF class is like that of someone incapable of passing a basic fitness test.:cool:

---------- Post added at 10:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:47 PM ----------

IRL you throw up first keep going with a 2nd wind then your top speed drops from 100% to 70 and then further to 50 and finally to 30% when you're low on energy. There is no black out IRL unless you are in a situation where you are being dragged(which doesn't happen in this situation) to maintain beyond 100% top speed. When you reach your lowest stamina IRL you don't collapse you would drop from running to walking and then from walking normal to slow. Situations which would push the body would be climbing, crawling and running which demand upper body strength as well as your feet.:D

Actually, soldiers pushing their limits black out quite often IRL

The blacking-out effect for being tired was one of the worst parts of how ACE modelled tiredness in my opinion. I assume it was an engine limitation because it's silly to have the same effect for being tired and getting shot.

Not to mention entirely unrealistic - I'm sure people have blacked out from being tired, but that's beside the point. In ACE it signified you were becoming very tired, which is quite different from reaching an extreme peak of exhaustion and collapsing.

And while I'm not a soldier I have, like most people, run until I've become extremely tired (to the point where I was incapable of going on and had to lie down) and while there are a variety of significant physical effects blacking out certainly isn't one of them.

round and round we go...

So its easy to tear something down based on your personal taste, but it more difficult to suggest a better idea. How to you convey to the player that they absolutely need to stop and rest?

It reminds me of my wife, who can always tell me what she doesn't want to do...but can never give me a better alternative. ;)

Thanks for the offer. I already made an M224 mortar for ACEX and its on the long (and growing) to-do list.

Good to know that such weapon will be in the pack :)

After reading the feature list I got a couple of question for you guys :p

-Shotgun:

I remember shotgun in ACE1 having the same reload animation of a normal rifle ( but with a correct shotgun reload sound ) will be this left unchanged or there will be a custom ( even a very basic one ) animation? Not that this bothered me much in ace just it would be a nice touch :p

-Eyewear and head accessories:

What about ear protection too? And does the system allow you to have more than one "pair of glasses"? I think the default arma 2 system was designed just for the normal glasses or sunglasses so i suppose it's not, but i lack the knowledge or the skill to investigate it. It would be nice to have both tactical googles and earprotection.

-IR strobe

Nice addition to ACE 1 but the strobes were hard to see ( i'm sure you already know that ) because was placed under or between the legs and were pretty much useless aside giving me the impression of having "radioactive genitals" :p will it be relocated maybe on the shoulder or belly? It will be more visibile from the air and i think that is the point of having IR strobe on yuor soldier.

Flashlights

Tactical flashlights can be attached to some small-arms.

Can you explain this a bit further? Will be this a future feature related to OA or will you bring flashlights in ArmA2? :eek:

- OPFOR small arms

there were RHS weapon and others in Ace1, we already saw some very nice weapon for the US in this thread, so what there will be for the Russians/China/Taliban/whatsoever OPFOR? Are you looking for some contribution or are you making some weapons on your own?

Sorry if i made such a long useless post :o i'm eager to see what you guys will accomplish this time :yay: Thanks for any answer i'll get :)

round and round we go...

So its easy to tear something down based on your personal taste, but it more difficult to suggest a better idea. How to you convey to the player that they absolutely need to stop and rest?

It reminds me of my wife, who can always tell me what she doesn't want to do...but can never give me a better alternative. ;)

i think that with all the limitation you had in Arma you came up with a good solution, and i liked it, not sure why people hated that so much, if you want to avoid that just jog. Besides what about postprocessing effects like blur instead of black screen black out. Perhaps increase the blur gradually, it would be very nice to sprint to much in the game and become sick in RL because of the Blur giving you headache :D:butbut:

great analogy. and to try and answer it.

arma2 allows blurring - so perhaps consider progressively blurring the screen as you get more fatigued (in a curve not a linear fashion so the blur gets worse faster at the top end of the fatigue scale). a pulsing blur would be very close to what happens when running.

also affecting weapon wobble (if possible this time around) would be good as it takes a little time to settle to get a clear shot.

also breathing sounds that get louder as you get more fatigued to simulate laboured breathing.

also perhaps slowing the run speed down after a certain level of fagitue has occured.

blacking out was a great solution in arma. i think there may be potential to do more due to the improved arma2 engine capabilities.

must say am looking forward to ace2