Sign in to follow this  
trini scourge

Secondary Ops Manager Module Discussion

Congratulations. Comming directly from OFP:Resi - I've never touched ArmAI - those new modules are pure gold, indeed.

I've build myself a little mission, featuring ACM, SOM, the first aid and the animal modules. And there you go: it's war everywhere (ACM intensity set to 1.0) and HQ gives my team new missions on the way... it's fantastic!

Of course, you can debate if such military `quests` do make sense or not.. all I can say: it's tremendous fun! (I by myself keep the idea of a little squad inserted into battlefield with no objective on its own, but going where our help is needed)

Now, what we need is complete documentation, especially for the SOM, so we can start implementing new secops. I extracted the missions.pbo to peek at the SOM-scripts. Seems like we have to populate those ~10 standardized SOM-scripts with our own commands. Though, I have no idea how to introduce such new secops and make the SOM aware of those... Anyway, it looks very promising.

The question now is the following: will there be a place (own thread), where the community can post their own secops? And will the good ones be collected and incorporated into further patches, thus continually enhancing the module? Or is the idea to build up a public database with user secops, where you can pick/download what you like?

It would also be nice, if all those new secops could be furnished with radio-calls/sounds of one single actor, representing the HQ voice. Some place, where we can upload our secops and the needed radio-calls would be recorded by this person?..

Can't wait until things start evolving :D

Hi everyone.

Did anyone used the SOM in multyplayer allready???? It seems it isnt working in MP. Iv built a small map with arty, SOM, ACM and FirstAid stuff. Inside the editor, everyting is working, in the singelplayer everything works too. But if i start a server from ingame, or a dedicated server the SOM seems to have problems. Its generating side missions but i cant accept them, becaus i dount have comunication entreys for it. The Arty isnt working too, becaus i dount get com entryes to call a barrage. So does anyone have a idea?? Is it Bugy? Am i doing something wrong? Is there maby special init stuff to do for MP???

Hopfully someone have answers ;)

Add: I testet a little bit more in MP and nothing changed :) But it seems teh ACM isnt working too.

Edited by ENONIC

I believe it behaves like a game logic. Then it will be local only for dedicated and player-hosted servers. Since you want your module used by some players, you need to create these modules for all of them.

Not sure of my answer, I'm giving a try.

But it seems teh ACM isnt working too.

ACM is working. Tested it with other players on my own local server.

I did not created any enemys, only the ACM Logic. And ingame the OPFOR attacked us with two hinds and two BRDMs.

ACM is working. Tested it with other players on my own local server.

I did not created any enemys, only the ACM Logic. And ingame the OPFOR attacked us with two hinds and two BRDMs.

Yes, but obviously only the player hosted server can interact with the SOM like requesting support.

How does "transport" works when i call,there is no hq confirmation or anything as other requests, how can i call it>?

Did anyone used the SOM in multyplayer allready???? It seems it isnt working in MP.

Unfortunately we found some issues with the Communications menu and MP, therefore it sometimes isn't possible to make a SecOp decision. We hope to have fixed this and it should be in an upcoming patch.

Unfortunately we found some issues with the Communications menu and MP, therefore it sometimes isn't possible to make a SecOp decision. We hope to have fixed this and it should be in an upcoming patch.

This happens rarely if you have a active host, it happens every time you're playing on a dedicated server. Going to be nice once its patched as dedicated is much smoother than active hosting.

First at all THX for the infos.

@McGlazd: Ok. THis sounds logical. But, does this mean i schould generat a SOM in global namespace, and sync all LocalPlayers that conect to a server to this SOM? I rember something i saw at EVO scripts in ArmA. If i remember right, there is stuff that is only local(client), and other stuff that is global(server). I have allready some scripting expiriance, but i never had to touch MP stuff like that.

"Yes, but obviously only the player hosted server can interact with the SOM like requesting support. " : What is a player hosted server for you. do you mean a ingame or dedicated server or a server that is startet by the -server option. I having troubles to understand what you realy want to say with this. Sorry:confused: :D

@ DnA: "therefore it sometimes isn't possible to make a SecOp decision". Iv tested it with dedicated server, maby 4 times(server restart each time). i was not able to accept the misions, like i sayed allready. Within each test there were provided about 2 to 6 missions by the SOM. So i'm shure it is defently "not" working, like i have built the map :) So. My question is. Do i have to do special stuff in MP to get it working?. Like McGlazd sayed. Making one SOM aviable to all players?? Furthermore, Is it possible that MP Players, that are not in the same Group, accept the same mission. I want the SOM to generate Missions that all players on a server can accept or decline. I think if all players use the same SOM, this schould be posible.

I know you are working on a documentation, hope it comes soon :). This modules are great and im hapy about the great possibilities that they provide.

@ENONIC

I have tried to localy create a SOM linked to the player (here). It somehow works, I can get the support option in communication. But even by setting available supports from this SOM I have no option like artillery barrage or airstrike. You just need to make sure to call for the SOM addons. You can either add the module in the editor or keep "ca_missions_secops" in the class mission.sqm.

I found this.

If you want a UAV to fly over the area use:

["aerial_reconnaissance", player] call BIS_SOM_addSupportRequestFunc;

I modified the SOM/Arty demo mission from the wiki and played several secops with my buddies online. The the comms only work if the person who is hosting the game picks the group leader position that the SOM GL is sync'd to.

The trick is that it has to be done from a listen server (i.e. host a server from the same computer you are playing from).

LOADS of fun!

Hi,is there a way to use the Sec OP Artillery Module without!! the secoundary missions thing.Im not really good at scripting and stuff so i just want to use the easy bohemia sec op arti example missions.I just cant get the seoundary missions out...;-(

To use the SOM without the missions put:

this setVariable ["settings", [[], true, nil, nil, false]];

in the init field of the module.

Ehhhh thanks a lot man!:biggrin_o:

I hate that im a noob in that things,makes creating own missions so hard.

what exactly does the orders mean???

Edit: I'm being dumb, disregard the below.

I modified the SOM/Arty demo mission from the wiki and played several secops with my buddies online. The the comms only work if the person who is hosting the game picks the group leader position that the SOM GL is sync'd to.

The trick is that it has to be done from a listen server (i.e. host a server from the same computer you are playing from).

LOADS of fun!

Hi EvilNate and anyone else who might have the answer.

Did you encounter any problems after dying? I've done exactly what you've done and in my testing it looks like when i die then respawn (using respawn_west etc) I get no more missions.

The first mission offered by HQ is great and I get offered more after completing as well as support but when I die that's it, gotta restart the map which is a bit of an annoyance.

Also looking forward to the fix so I can host huge co-op Secop games on my dedicated.

Thanks

-Gloopy

Edited by Gloopy
error

So I did the transport support... the helicopter lands and my guys get in, how do I tell them where to go?

To use the SOM without the missions put:

this setVariable ["settings", [[], true, nil, nil, false]];

in the init field of the module.

I have used the script to remove the side missions, however there is still a huge chunk of text in the briefing notes when you use the SOM.

How can i remove this text?

Anyone can confirm tactical airstrike work for East? I’m using:

[["transport", "supply_drop", "tactical_airstrike", "artillery_barrage"], player] call BIS_SOM_addSupportRequestFunc;

artillery_barrage work fine. All radio communications for airstrike work fine, but actual planes newer come. Same with a transport.

Hi,

I made a MP-Mission using the SOM.

Now, is there any way to shut the SOM Missions down and activate it again later ??

I wont see the SOM Massages while we do some other "work" ;)

Will the ACM ond SOM work together in MP ?

I mean:

Play some SOM Missions, shut it down and do battles with ACM and activate SOM later to play more mission ?

It would be nice if the SOM support is still aviable.

Greetings from Germany

Edited by Wiggum

Anyone have a SOM Template with full support and etc? I'm a noob with scripting and instead of hurting myself trying to figure this out I would appreciate a template.

Anyone have a SOM Template with full support and etc? I'm a noob with scripting and instead of hurting myself trying to figure this out I would appreciate a template.

Here's one that has a transport uh1y, artillery with all support options, tactical airstrike and supply drop. Mind you, it's very basic. Hopefully when more documentation and/or someone posts a more in depth sample mission we can unlock the capabilities of this module.

http://rapidshare.com/files/245727564/SOM_Support_Example.Chernarus.pbo.html

All credit goes to Binkowski for this mission, I just added the chopper and physical arty pieces.

Here's one that has a transport uh1y, artillery with all support options, tactical airstrike and supply drop. Mind you, it's very basic. Hopefully when more documentation and/or someone posts a more in depth sample mission we can unlock the capabilities of this module.

http://rapidshare.com/files/245727564/SOM_Support_Example.Chernarus.pbo.html

All credit goes to Binkowski for this mission, I just added the chopper and physical arty pieces.

Thanks, all I wanted the scripts and what not. I can add other stuff. Thanks.

Anyone can confirm tactical airstrike work for East? I’m using:

[["transport", "supply_drop", "tactical_airstrike", "artillery_barrage"], player] call BIS_SOM_addSupportRequestFunc;

artillery_barrage work fine. All radio communications for airstrike work fine, but actual planes newer come. Same with a transport.

Does this need some actually present vehicles to work, I wonder? Or would SecOps spawn everthing (Transport, Aircraft) when needed?

The mission template download has reached it's limit, can't be downloaded anymore.