Sign in to follow this  
trini scourge

Secondary Ops Manager Module Discussion

Does this need some actually present vehicles to work, I wonder? Or would SecOps spawn everthing (Transport, Aircraft) when needed?

The mission template download has reached it's limit, can't be downloaded anymore.

yes - it does spawn its own aircraft..

yes - it does spawn its own aircraft..

only if you playing for West.

The mission template download has reached it's limit, can't be downloaded anymore.

I knew there were more people who wanted it. :D Oh and I downloaded it but havn't played ArmA lately, I noticed it was a PBO file and not in the folder format. Is it an editor template or an actual mission?

Hi,

I've been reading and getting very useful information from this forum for a long time now and so I decided to register finally. I'm not brand new to editing but I would say fairly new since I've only designed two missions in ArmA I. But anyway, just wanted to do a proper introduction before I started posting =)

I am currently making two other missions for ArmA II and have tested the SOM module in MP. I've noticed a little bug where a player was unable to JIP in one of the slots of a squad that was in sync with the SOM. Instead they were spawning in a helicopter that was floating somewhere northeast of the Chernarus map. The slots were already filled by AIs but usually when a player connects they are able to take the AI slot. Also, the mission had respawn enabled so the automatic reinforce could never be triggered.

Another thing, when a player other than myself (the host) took the team leader slot for the squad that was in sync with the SOM, he was not able to see any of the supports or even able to accept or reject one of the side missions. I don't know if it had to do with me hosting my own server. I will probably have to try to test it on a test server and see what happens. Anyone have any idea what the problem is?

Hi,

I made a MP-Mission using the SOM.

Now, is there any way to shut the SOM Missions down and activate it again later ??

I wont see the SOM Massages while we do some other "work" ;)

Will the ACM ond SOM work together in MP ?

I mean:

Play some SOM Missions, shut it down and do battles with ACM and activate SOM later to play more mission ?

It would be nice if the SOM support is still aviable.

Greetings from Germany

No way to do something ?

Greetings

Do we have any information about patch 1.02 fixing the SECOP module for use on MP-Dedicated servers?

SOM plus ACM stop working after respawn i think. Is it cause the sync disapear after a respawn? Also camo faces added with setface "face" disapears after respawn. Guessing there is a script needed for all this to keep it synced etc?

Ah ok but this was hosted and actually it did work. Just it seems if you die and respawn before it kicks in - nothing. They waited for one radio msg and it worked after that. Only prob was missing faces after respawn. Seriously need to learn these simple things..

Yep - It worked if you hosted (aka - MP non-dedi).

But I just tested with 1.02 - It's friggin working !

Yep - It worked if you hosted (aka - MP non-dedi).

But I just tested with 1.02 - It's friggin working !

WOW nice! :) Good info, thanks.

Has anyone found a way to add two choppers for the transport request, or maybe an Osprey? The default script just sends one UH-1Y which is only enough for half a squad (7 persons). I have 12.

is there a way to create zones where things dont spawn (i have a US base set up at the airfield and the random missions keep throwing in russian high value targets in the middle of my US base (a AA site spawned middle of my US arty and HQ site) and animals keep walking on my airfield (its kind of annoying if you want to land a C130 and cows, bulls and sheep keep walking on the runway :P ))

for the BIS_ACM module, you can create a marker called BIS_ACM_X where X is a number from 1 on, and that should exclude spawning. Not sure if the same works with SecOps and Animal module.

Has any one found any problems using SecOPS sync'd to two player groups instead of teh one? I want to play a mission in MP with a mate, each of us commanding a section, but don't want us to be spawning different secops or supports.

Anyone able to confirm that this works/doesn't?

Well, I'd say worst case (if it doesn't work) is to disable random SecOps missions on one module. You'd still have double the support, you could however give on player for example Transport and Arty, the other gets Supply Drop and Air Strike.

Since SecOps seems to need a clear idea which group it is synched with, chances are it won't work otherwise.

Has anyone found a way to add two choppers for the transport request, or maybe an Osprey? The default script just sends one UH-1Y which is only enough for half a squad (7 persons). I have 12.

Place an osprey on the map and name it, for example "OSPREY".

Then add

[["transport"],player] call BIS_SOM_addSupportRequestFunc;

SOM setVariable ["TSS_vehicle_custom", OSPREY];

to the trigger. The Osprey will take off, when the request was sent and will return to its initial position after the transport is done (and will available for the next request).

Cool, thanks! Will the Osprey land (and conserve fuel) after being called, or do I need to monitor it's fuel with a trigger?

Seems dead simple.

Hi

I am a complete noob at this so apologies in advance for any facepalmage that might occur as a result of reading this post.

I have synced the secops module to my player and it gives me missions but I can't accept them. When I approach the locations suddenly the mission is cancelled, presumably because I don't respond.

1) have I missed a script somewhere, if so where?

2) is this because I'm in preview mode?

Thanks in advance

you need to accept your missions trough the radio menu (0) -- comunication (8) -- secops (?) -- mission type (?) -- accept / decline (1/2)

I was trying to do that but it didn't seem to work... I might have missed it though I was a bit distracted by a screaming baby. I'll try again!

Could we get a list of possible support options to call up? So far I've found "transport", "supply_drop", "tactical_airstrike", "artillery_barrage", "aerial_reconnaissance". I think I remeber a CAS option given to me while running secOps. And then there's the secOp for reinforcements though that seems to function as a mission.

for the BIS_ACM module, you can create a marker called BIS_ACM_X where X is a number from 1 on, and that should exclude spawning. Not sure if the same works with SecOps and Animal module.

I haven't had a chance to test this yet but out of curiosity is there a way to execute this with a trigger instead of a marker? Seems inconvenient to have multiple random markers around the map. Also I assume this means the area covered by the marker is a dead zone for spawning, problem is this is hard to test because of the random nature of the modules.

I love the randomness, don't get me wrong, but its a pain in the ass for testing as you can be in a mission for hours and there would be no way to conclusively say it did or did not work.

I have a weird problem with one of my missions. SOM had been working fine until suddenly now when i play it online, it only gives you 1 mission, and then never pops up again with a new one. I dont remember changing anything regarding the SOM setup in the mission, so i have no idea what is going on with it.

Worked perfectly fine until recently. Local server btw. Anyone else experienced the same?