Sign in to follow this  
trini scourge

Secondary Ops Manager Module Discussion

Quick note: I've added the ability to alter the minimum and maximum distance SecOps are generated at and the frequency of starting random SecOps. Look for this in an upcoming (after 1.01) patch.

What is already possible: without modifying the core SOM scripts (not recommended), you can create new SecOps in some add-on and define them in CfgSecOps. The SOM will automatically be able to use them. Eventually there could be a long list of community SecOps if anybody likes making them :) Worry not, documentation is coming.

Worry not, documentation is coming.

Please tell me this documentation wont require you to have a Masters Degree in Zwahili. :confused:

To create a civilian population, place a Location Module of your choice (City, Camp etc) in a town, then place a Civilian Ambient Module in the same town, synchronize the two logics, and voila; civilians will be created dynamically from houses in the area. They will even take jogs and talk to each other!

Not really. Ambient Civilian Module won't detect synchronized Location Logic, it uses all towns by default. So if you'll travel to other town, civilians gonna be there to, no matter if you created Location Logic or not.

More informations at Biki: http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Ambient_Civilians

Not really. Ambient Civilian Module won't detect synchronized Location Logic, it uses all towns by default. So if you'll travel to other town, civilians gonna be there to, no matter if you created Location Logic or not.

More informations at Biki: http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Ambient_Civilians

Thanks I will edit original post.

Does any one know of a way to add the transport, air strike and support drop options to a mission. I'd like to be able to call them via the radio and at this point I'd like to be able to have unlimited uses.

Hi guys, I cannot find any module called SOM in my Game Logic tab, all the other modules seem to be there. Is SOM short for something?

Thanks.

Never mind, my mistake.

I wonder how I call in support though, it seems it only contacts me when they need help.

Edited by Callisto

Forgot to say thanks! Ran for 30 minutes without a mission being offered, so assume it did the trick. :)

So you can call in unlimited airstrikes/other support that way?

If not, can anyone please specify how to enable this feature?

Hello, im using the SecondaryOps module and I cant figure out how to request support. They keep giving me missions, but I seem to be unable to request support.

Can anyone lend me a helping hand?

Yeah, I'm not sure either, but when I linked it to my units, they started sending me messages over the comm.

So try syncronizing it to units that you want using it.

Ah, I had only sync'd it to myself. I'll give that i shot and return with results.

Edit: Nothing, not doing anything.

Edited by Callisto

How do you actually access the artillery interface?! :o

If by support you mean artillery, read here and take a look at the example missions at the end:

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Artillery_Module

Edit:

And this is from single player mission "Squad Commander" to add an airstirke:

[["tactical_airstrike"], player] call BIS_SOM_addSupportRequestFunc;

You could put this in the on activation field of a trigger with condition true and time out 10, to let the SOM initialize itself.

Edited by schaefsky

Does any one know of a way to add the transport, air strike and support drop options to a mission. I'd like to be able to call them via the radio and at this point I'd like to be able to have unlimited uses.

I would like to know this too.

This is from single player mission "Squad Commander" to add an airstirke:

[["tactical_airstrike"], player] call BIS_SOM_addSupportRequestFunc;

You could put this in the on activation field of a trigger with condition true and time out 10, to let the SOM initialize itself. This only adds one though, I think.

I wonder how I call in support though, it seems it only contacts me when they need help.

LOL, yeah sorry, H.Q. is a bit selfish that way ;)

Try to execute in a script after the SOM has started:

//Gives one:
["tactical_airstrike", player] call BIS_SOM_addSupportRequestFunc;

//Gives one of each:
[["transport", "supply_drop", "tactical_airstrike", "artillery_barrage"], player] call BIS_SOM_addSupportRequestFunc;

//Gives 2 random supports:
[2, player] call BIS_SOM_addSupportRequestFunc;

Oh and SOM stands for Secondary Operations Manager.

Thanks DnA!

Just a word about the tactical airstrike, make sure you have a laser designator to mark the targets.

Wow, that is amazing! I think alot of people were looking for this feature!

This game just keeps getting better and better, where ArmA felt unpolished ArmA2 is pure gold. Im glad I can use this with relative simplicity and limited knowledge of scripting!

This game just keeps getting better and better, where ArmA felt unpolished ArmA2 is pure gold. Im glad I can use this with relative simplicity and limited knowledge of scripting!

Well said. I've been itching for this bit of info for a while. It really is an ingenious system for implementing "extras" and it's a piece of cake for scripting idiots like me.

Thanks DnA.

I second that mate!:yay:

Merged all SOM Module threads into this one, please use this thread for all the SecondaryOps Manager Module discussions in the future.

Merged all SOM Module threads into this one, please use this thread for all the SecondaryOps Manager Module discussions in the future.

Thanks.