Sign in to follow this  
Pac

Red Orchestra: Heroes of Stalingrad

I've cancelled mine for the moment. I'll probably put it up again when the Vietnam mod comes out but BF3 has definitely emptied RO2 out.

Over the past week, the game has lost half of its players

it's not selling well either

pffft, nubs. It's like the best proof how that "better" part of gamers is dying...

The game is much, much, much! more player-friendly then RO1, much more dynamic and less "killed from 1 km by guy who camp instead of doing obj", it's also pretty universal and it doesn't have ANY weak part of artwork - everything is just kick ass. To me, it's the real sucessor of Day Of Defeat... except for bugs, it's everything I could ever want from a WW2 PvP tac shooter.

Having that in mind, I'm thrilled by the amount of hating adressed for RO 2 (and analogically, the blind love for BF 3).

Today's generations suck.

Edited by JonPL

pffft, nubs. It's like the best proof how that "better" part of gamers is dying...

The game is much, much, much! more player-friendly then RO1, much more dynamic and less "killed from 1 km by guy who camp instead of doing obj", it's also pretty universal and it doesn't have ANY weak part of artwork - everything is just kick ass. To me, it's the real sucessor of Day Of Defeat... except for bugs, it's everything I could ever want from a WW2 PvP tac shooter.

Having that in mind, I'm thrilled by the amount of hating adressed for RO 2 (and analogically, the blind love for BF 3).

Today's generations suck.

The game is excellent but is it really any surprise that everyone ran off to BF3? Next it will be 'Rage' and then whatever comes after that (MW3 etc).

In the case of 'gamers' like that, I think they live for the next big thing, they are consumers first and gamers second. That's why gaming is the money making machine that it is, it's all about marketing the next best thing (and that starts about 15 seconds after they release the last big thing).

RO2 is definitely one of the best games this year IMHO. The launch was a little shaky but that's fairly common these days. Of course your typical whinger would much rather bang on and on about how bad it is instead of simply finding something else to play.

Edited by BangTail

For my money, RO2 just isn't ready to buy yet.

When they finish it, I most likely will.

Co-op, native triple screen support. My two biggest criteria have yet to be met.

So it's off my radar for a year. I'll wait until the code is complete and the price better reflects the number of times I expect to play it.

(Steam games don't launched so much).

Soo. Still hyped for it, but delayed action hype at my end. I can wait. There is plenty of other rocking games out at the moment to keep me busy.

Seems like a bit of a nightmare to have to launch so close to a BF game. RO is still a BF clone when all said and done.

To be fair I am quite looking forward to both of these titles. For me their longevities will both depend on the strengths of their co-op play... but a little PvP time will be engrossing fun for few days.

RO is still a BF clone when all said and done.
Right. And BF is a clone of Quake, because it involves shooting.

Don't get Your hopes up for Coop. It's gonna be most probably SP campaign, or SP-like play. Bots can take cover, but still - they run around (back and forth) without any sense or tactics. I guess the patches won't change much, RO2 is after all a PvP game, so don't expect a proper coop experience matching CounterStrike (PodBOT, CZ's zBot, CSS native bot), SWAT4, ArmA 2 or even Red River...

Why my steam downloads RO2 beta again? O.o

I don't want it :p

Ah... so its not just me.... I thought it was just steam catching up since i did a full re-installation of windows the other day...

http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=68091

Wilsonam]

We've just updated the RO2 Beta with test fixes for the stats issues and for the no-sound bug.

We want to get some volume testing on the stats fix - tested ok in small numbers in the office, but needs volume testing. If you still have the beta installed, it should update automatically. Please report any problems you find with the stats IN THIS THREAD. But please do watch the numbers carefully - we don't need lots of "I'm sure that wasn't right, but I can't remember" smile.gif

The no-sound bug should also be fixed in there, but we want to check that out too.

Why they just did not update the full one? instead i must download again 4GB beta?

I guess they didn't want to mess up the stats in the full one even more? I'm not sure.

Go ask them and see if you get a reply. :p

Why they just did not update the full one? instead i must download again 4GB beta?

You dont have to.

Stats are going to be reset. Due to this, however, you'll gain double experience points for a brief period and you'll earn a new achivement named "In B4 reset". Which in turn might give you some, quote: "special awards".

So we planned on putting this press release out as soon as we put out the update that fixed the stats. But since the achievement "In B4 Reset" found its way into to public already, I'll go ahead and post this up here now so you guys know what is coming up. You'll likely see a modified version of this press release come out in the next few days when we release the update. And this is the current plan, but things can always change, so if something changes please don't come back later and go "but you guys promised you were going to do X" We don't promise, we let you know what the current plans/ideas are, but those can always change!

Red Orchestra 2 - The State of the Game

By most business measures Red Orchestra 2 has been a smashing success for Tripwire Interactive. Within 2 days of the launch of Red Orchestra 2 it had surpassed the lifetime revenue of the original Red Orchestra that has been selling for over 5 years. The pre-sales and launch week sales of the game broke all company records even beating out our hit game Killing Floor by a three times margin. And Red Orchestra 2 has quickly established itself as one of the most played games on Steam. But for all of this success we've not done as well as we would have liked in the most important area to us - the happiness of all of our customers. To put it bluntly the game had a rough launch. We've been working diligently since launch to get these issues sorted and have made great progress fixing issues with matchmaking, VOIP, and stability as well as improving performance. The final major area that we've been working on is stats, player progression, and ranking.

We believe we have all of the major issues worked out with the stats system and are rolling out an update soon that should address these issues. Due to the problems with stats and players either earning stats and achievements that they didn't actually earn or earning stats at many times the intended rate we are going to have to do a global reset of all stats for the game. This means all achievements, stats and player progression will be rolled back as if all players were new. This was not an easy decision for us to make, but one we felt we needed to do to preserve the integrity of the stats and ranking system, and to provide all of the players the best experience with the game over the long term. Knowing that there are people that have been playing the game for a few weeks now and will lose the stats for that time we are going to provide a special bonus to all players. For a limited time all players will earn double experience in Red Orchestra 2. Additionally, we going to give all players that own the game before the reset a special achievement called "In B4 Reset". Right now this is just an achievement, but we're going to be looking at ways to give special rewards to the players that have this achievement in the future.

Thank you to all of the players that have made Red Orchestra 2 a hit so far. We've got a lot of exciting things in store with free content coming for the game so stay tuned for news on that.

Source: Steam

"Stats are going to be reset".

And so they should be.

Level 99, goodbye...

So... when the stats are going to be reset, because I'll have to level myself up?

First time I tried playing in a couple of weeks.....

"This Game is unavailable, Please try again at another time" -- Me == :mad:

Weird, haven't played this an a week and I know some patches were installed (thanks steam) -but now I only have 1 server showing and I can't play SinglePlayer at all.

I had most of the campaign done and both it's gone as well as it just simply wont let me start a new one.

Weird, haven't played this an a week and I know some patches were installed (thanks steam) -but now I only have 1 server showing and I can't play SinglePlayer at all.

I had most of the campaign done and both it's gone as well as it just simply wont let me start a new one.

You are playing the beta.

;2033274']First time I tried playing in a couple of weeks.....

"This Game is unavailable' date=' Please try again at another time" -- Me == :mad:[/quote']

My ability to connect to Steam has been unreliable at best this week so I've had that message a few times - might be a UK thing.

Also, is if just me that finds that the 1.5x scopes you get for the G41 and MKB42, are making the rifles worse than they were without them? Takes forever to line up shots in that tiny piece of glass.

Also, is if just me that finds that the 1.5x scopes you get for the G41 and MKB42, are making the rifles worse than they were without them? Takes forever to line up shots in that tiny piece of glass.

Its not just you, once picked a G41 with scope from dead enemys body and i couldn't hit anyone with that scope. I hate it! I had to use my SVT-40 again because of that.

Its not just you, once picked a G41 with scope from dead enemys body and i couldn't hit anyone with that scope. I hate it! I had to use my SVT-40 again because of that.

I agree the tiny scope is shit, but you can always change to secondary iron sights on scoped weapons with the weapon interaction key (standard 6), just in case you didn´t know :D

I agree the tiny scope is shit, but you can always change to secondary iron sights on scoped weapons with the weapon interaction key (standard 6), just in case you didn´t know :D

Aye, I know but the area above the iron-sights become occluded by the optical tube, blocking a portion of your peripheral vision: It's particularly problematic when using the fully tricked-out MKB 42(H) from an elevated position - you can't see people who are further away in your field of view while you're looking down at an enemy who is near to your position. Makes me wish I could revert to the lower level version.

Using the ironsights for the Marksman's G 41 kind of defeats the point of the role, and the difficulty in adjusting the point of aim with the 1.5x ZF 41 reduces the ability to make quick follow-up shots - which is the main benefit of using a semi semi-auto over the beautifully functional scoped KAR98. The scoped SVT-40 on the other hand, I feel is a real upgrade over the Nagant - I'm lethal with it :p.

My ability to connect to Steam has been unreliable at best this week so I've had that message a few times - might be a UK thing.

Nope, Steams been ok for me, every other game in my list can be played.

Edit:

Verified Steam Cache... which said everything was fine... started the game again and this time it worked. :confused:

Edited by VIPER[CWW]