Sign in to follow this  
Pac

Red Orchestra: Heroes of Stalingrad

Mamayev look bad IMO. Bring the RO 1 classics! (well, some of them :P enhanced a bit)

I still think that you should play Day of Defeat Source.

I still think that you should play Day of Defeat Source.

Guhh, I hated the MG classes in that game. It was basically insta-kill on everything, even snipers.

Free content pack for Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad Game of the Year Edition soon.

Free steam play on May 24th.

and big patch.

Developer Diary

FiqNFuE5HFk

Patch notes

http://www.heroesofstalingrad.com/change-history/change-history-23-may-2012/

Respect for Tripwire :cool:

Might have to finally pick up this game like I intended too back when it launched but bugs/performance issues kept me turned off.

Edited by Flash Thunder

For a more clean reading of the enormous changelog: http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=79061

For tankers, also a nice reading: http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=79101

Main features from the update:

• "Action" mode - Featuring a crosshair, easier aiming and toned down recoil, reduced damage and open access to a wide range of weaponry Action mode is the perfect first step for players into the world of Red Orchestra.
  • "Classic" mode blends the gameplay innovations of the new game with the tactical and edgy gameplay of the original giving the fans of the first game exactly what they want.
  • Mamayev Kurgan - complete new map, featuring both close-quarters battles in trenches and bunkers, as well as longer ranged combat across the famous hill in Stalingrad
  • Refined and improved gameplay across the board, vehicle improvements, and way better performance and polish. We listened to the community and based on their feedback refined and tweaked almost every major feature in the game!

Been playing since release, really looking forward to this but it took to long. Also, MP campaign isn´t ready yet aswell others new maps. Hope that custom maps will be more popular now.

Wow, this is a huge update! Updating now!

I thought it wasn't released yet :confused:

I thought it wasn't released yet :confused:

Not out yet, I was a bit excited. Red Orchestra 2 did have to update on my end, I was thinking it was the new update! :p

Time will tell if they learned their lesson pulling a DICE releasing a game trying to attract COD and Battlefield players

without a $100 million dollar advertising budget to back it up.

But like the last time when they released around the same time as Battlefield 3, now they are going up against Iron Front

I'm having serious doupts they'll have much luck bringing it back from the dead.

I wonder how many nasty bugs their willing to risk showing off to the free players in the race to get the patch out a day ahead of IF's release.

I'm just glad that there is AI in the game. Without AI, it would be nothing. I joined the most populated server I could join only to find 10 human players and the other 40 were bots. That's how dead this game is.

I personally think it is an awesome game and don't understand why not many people like it.

Bad for all late starters they aren´t gonna get to (team)kill devs as much as beta players did :D

The last session i took part about 2 weeks ago on mamayev was fantastic, server filled with enthusiasts, very good teamwork, finally felt like RO1 again!

Sadly that´s the exclusion from the norm (in any other game aswell, to be fair) :(

Edited by Mr Burns

It will take a bloody good patch to get me interested again. I didn't try the beta - how much of an overall improvement should I expect?

It will take a bloody good patch to get me interested again. I didn't try the beta - how much of an overall improvement should I expect?

Depends, classic mode has made RO2 much more slower paced, which i find enjoyable.

It´s not a night & day difference, but you will surely notice an improvement in gameplay and a decline in run&gun.

Action mode on the other hand.... *barf*

Not all of the classic mode sounds good to me. The decrease of the overal speed\stamina may fit those smaller maps that we have right now, but in bigger ones (that I hope will be released more often since they're trying to figure out the problems in the server+custom maps) it would be a problem, specialy while we don´t have light vehicles for transport (TWI is working in 2 more tanks ATM).

Also, the removal of bleeding to death deaths (this makes sense?) makes me sad; its not every shot that is a instant kill (like those movies where someone is KO with one punch or instant killed with a stab).

IMO, the gameplay modifications that will have the greatest impact is: sway\stamina relation (resting\cover\stance will have a much larger importance), the need to stop sprinting to shoot and the peripherical vision stuff (the worst implementation I've seen so far).

Patch went live. Restar Steam if needed and check if RO2 is setted to auto update (here it was set to no auto for no reason....)

Also, patch release trailer:

5Gb here.... whata..

Patch went live. Restar Steam if needed and check if RO2 is setted to auto update (here it was set to no auto for no reason....)

It was set to not automatically download updates for me as well.

The map in the trailer looks deadset like fighting on the surface of the moon. It it wasn't for the trees, anyway.

The first impression was good, the changes in the interface alone makes it look more professional and rounded. Native voices are also great.

Speeds in Classics felt a little to slow. The lack of zoom now makes more dificult to score some kills. Finally saw people dropping autos and semi autos to go with a bolt action.

Have to play more tomorrow.

I'll be grabbing the patch later this evening. That map does look like the moon lol! If there is one thing I think they need to improve on graphically it is the particle effects from explosions and artillery. They do not look that different than the ones from RO1.