Sign in to follow this  
Pac

Red Orchestra: Heroes of Stalingrad

There is a patch coming today for RO 2. It will be a large download, but that is because we're converting our files over into something that will work much more efficiently with Steam's new content system. Future downloads will much smaller allowing us to update the game more often. Other changes include:

Maps

Mamayev

Balanced reinforcement count in Allies favor

Added additional cover

Added ammo depot to Axis staging area

Barracks

Improved cover between NCO barracks and Admin

Modified area that could be used to fire on a spawn

Pavlovs House

Moved ladder in Zabs house to a better location

Modified initial Allied spawn protection

Added new routers to help the Allies leave their spawns without getting killed as easily

Modified several spots in Zabs House that could be used by the Axis to overlook the Allied spawn exit

Modified Allied spawning location when the Axis are pushing the final Allied objective

Added additional cover to some areas of the map

Blocked off tank access to the yellow building area behind Zabs House

Red October Factory

Rebalanced reinforcement count

Added additional map time

Decreased artillery use timer

Removed 2nd Axis tank

Modified number of window firing points for Axis on the 1st obj

Modified initial Russian spawn protection

Added more cover to the 1st and 2nd objective areas

Station

Added more cover to the initial Axis approach

Modified 1st Axis spawns

Spartanovka

Modified capzones for Housing Block 1 & 2

Grain Elevator

Added several obstructions to break up line of sight

Increased capture time on last objective

Increased duration before allies lose all of their reinforcements

Fixed map boundary times being 1 second

Commissars House

Added new cover from first spawns

Added cover to road ahead of Commissars North Hall

Increased size of snow mounds around Commissars House

Modified map boundaries

Modified objective setup

Modified spawn locations and handling

Training

Fixed ref pose bots in squad leader training

Fixed minor lighting issues across all maps

Gameplay

Fixed bullet impact effects not being visible when on a fixed MG

Fixed weapons getting lowered while aiming left from prone

Increased spawn protection time to 20 seconds if standing in the area when it’s activated

Correct initial ammo count for P38 and TT33 (added one)

UI

Fixed the scroll bar on the server browser player list. It should no longer continue to snap to the top.

Fixed voted maps sometimes disappearing from the right-hand map voting box

Fixed flickering text on the loading screen when downloading a custom map

Fixed “FT1, FT2, FT3†etc text stuck on screen for squad leaders and commanders

Fixed Marskman roles missing from some maps in action mode. Squad view shifting down as roles open up eventually making roles un-selectable.

Webadmin

The 'Mutate' command can now be used from the management console

* Attention Modders *

We found that most custom maps will need to be republished if you haven't already done so using the opt-in beta. Mutators are generally still compatable, but we recommend all modders briefly test their content. Continue checking the modding forum for more info.

http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=82161

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsYn0g3PQ2I&feature=player_embedded

Release: 2013 Q1.

_________

Have you played the custom maps? Now that I managed to use the "updater" I have to say that, if TWI aims for creating more maps like Gumrak Station, ColdSteel and Bridges od Druzhina, among others that I didn't played yet, the game will improve since the gameplay in those maps change quite a lot. Add halftracks and stuff to that and it will get even better.

Also, news on the upcoming patch that will feature the MP Campaign (about time), at least one new map, new vehicles and fixes: http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=82695

"balance teams that are pretty asymmetrical in equipment"

Welp, skipping this.

"balance teams that are pretty asymmetrical in equipment"

Which is a shame. My awesome WWI game (fittingly titled 'Project Awesome' - all I need now is an investor, a full team, a home office and knowledge of what the fuck to do :cool:) will have none of that.

I do think that some of the ways they balance out the teams is pretty interesting (2nd video).

Instead of shit expansion packs, I wish they'd just work on making better maps that focus the gameplay towards working towards to objectives rather than wide open expanses that promote lone wolfing. If I wanted to lone wolf and get some mental trigger time I'd fire up CoD because it is just better at that type of gameplay.

It's not being worked on by Tripwire themselves, just so people know.

It's being worked on by a team consisting of modders.

That were "hired" way before RO2 release.

Which is not a bad thing because it gave them a head start, without which they wouldn't have gotten this far yet.

They are still a different team.

Time to reinstall the game. Patch due this week (tomorrow):

New Content

• Added Combined Arms Map TE-Barashka

Countdown Changes

• Countdown matches are now 1 round
  • Streamlined the victory conditions by modifying tie breaking criteria and time constraints. Removed "Objective to beat/Time to Beat"
  • Moving from one objective to the next is no longer so abrupt. Now it’s easier to get your bearings and see what happened.
  • New objective status HUD. Press tactical view to bring it up at any time
  • Added Total Round Points and Total Objective Captures to scoreboard
  • The defenders can no longer see the manpower of the attackers
  • Only the attacking team can see the message "Attackers Got Reinforced"
  • Increased the XP rewards for performing well in Countdown
  • Added a minimum time delay to the ready up lobby to prevent the match from starting with just the first few players
  • Added variables to allow admins to adjust Countdown objective Time and Reinforcement counts (up to double)

Countdown Interface

• Added a objective progression bar which displays the progress each team has made during the match. Can be accessed at any time using tactical view
  • Improved end of round messaging to be more clear and give more information about who who and why. Example: “Your team captured the final objective x seconds fasterâ€
  • Modified the “Next Objective†on-screen message to be more descriptive when respawning. It now includes a objective letter and whether you are on the attacking or defending team

Gameplay

• Players now walk while actively firing machine guns from the hip
  • Vehicles now spawn on a separate timer from infantry. The default respawn time is 30 seconds
  • Added a weapon pickup factory which lets designers place a weapon anywhere in the level, that the player can then pick up and use
  • Added water volume where players cannot prone
  • Increased stamina pool in Classic
  • Added the ability to use developer cheat codes in standalone games, except for during the single player campaign
  • Tanks will no longer autonomously shoot at enemy targets when the "Fire At Will" command is given when the server is set to "Player Ordered Gunnery Only" (which is the default setting)

General Interface

• Chat system refinements including separate chat and system message areas, grid location and team colors (Special thanks to Ducky)
  • Increased tip cycle time on the loading screen from 5 to 10 seconds
  • The closest 2 ammo supply points are now displayed on the tactical view
  • VOIP talk widgets now show up during round/match won screens. Also, increased the duration of round/match won
  • Removed the joined/left message from the HUD for bots
  • Updated default match victory screen/scoreboard timers to let the victory screen and scoreboard stay up a little longer to make it easier to read

Fixes

• Fixed bipod MGs not properly showing the direction they are aimed at
  • Fixed bipod MG’s deployed on slopes not having the player at the proper location
  • Fixed an excessive friendly fire infraction when shooting tanks. This was causing players to get kicked from the server for team killing when shooting a friendly tank
  • Servers with disabled weapon progression bonuses (e.g. Classic mode) are now properly getting disabled
  • Fixed a bug where not all players will respawn when the commander forces a respawn
  • Loading an outdated version of player created content now displays an error instead of crashing
  • Fixed a tank crew respawn bug when killed from the commander seat
  • Fixed objective capture and morale music playing simultaneously
  • Fixed the classic mode compass pointing in the wrong direction
  • Fixed the team leader not showing up in the squad member list when playing as a squad leader
  • Fixed undesired menus popping up when trying to typing during the map vote
  • Fixed an ammo exploit with blind firing
  • The setting bDisableTeamMemberIcons will now properly hide team icons
  • Fixed Capture and Victory music playing at the same time in Countdown
  • Fixed satchel objectives giving points at the start of a Countdown match
  • Fixed team members not properly updating on the map in Countdown
  • AI will no longer use cover/mantle positions near or occupied by the player

SDK

• Improvements to the workshop upload UI including multiple file selection
  • Added code to get the placeholder Universal carrier transport working. You can now use the cheat code "spawnucranged" to spawn a Universal Carrier which you can get in, drive around, and get out. This is just a basic implementation, the MG does not work, and the animations are not setup properly on the players, and the physics set up is just a quick placeholder. The functionality is very basic, and is meant to be used as a base for vehicle mod makers to extend

Web Admin

• Added options under Countdown to adjust Countdown Objective Time and Reinforcement count (up to double)

And a release trailer:

5JaBfZTwbsU

Ausome!!

To bad I cant play the game, even though i have it. :(

I got to upgrade my computer, unless the game has been fixed.

First time i tried I just got to the splash screen and that was it, that was when it first released in 2011,

after the 1st patch i reinstalled and tried again, same thing, so I gave up since then.

But I have RO 1 and that plays np on max settings and I have a single core CPU, I think thats what is preventing

the game from starting, unless you guys know of something else?

My specs:

Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition

AMD Athlon 64, 2400 MHz (12 x 200) 3400+ (single core 2.8)

DIMM1: Kingston K 1 GB PC2100 DDR SDRAM (2.5-3-3-6 @ 133 MHz) (2.0-2-2-5 @ 100 MHz)-( i have 2 of these)

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 285 (1024 MB)

DirectX 4.09.00.0904 (DirectX 9.0c)

Audio Adapter Creative SB X-Fi Fatal1ty Sound Card

Disk Drive ST3160215A (160 GB, 7200 RPM, Ultra-ATA/100)

Disk Drive ST3802110A (80 GB, 7200 RPM, Ultra-ATA/100)

750watt PSU

They left out an ability to filter out servers with bots. Probably on purpose, because 98% of all the servers have bots running around. Not to confused with arma bots that actually have reasonable AI. Ro2 AI is the class of headless chicken.

At least you can see how many bots are in each server to avoid some nasties surprises.

Honestly, this is the only thing that can fill my need to play something tactical in public servers (CS was doing that. Can be pretty tactical in some servers and without the AWP crowd). ARMA is all about Domi, scheduling plays or trying your luck in Project Reality, wishing for the server to fill (40 ppl, at best during the week).

I'm really starting to consider to install BF2 again to play PR (even tough I can't stand that engine...) now that v1.0 seems to be close to release (looking good) and there are always some servers populated.

Ausome!!

To bad I cant play the game, even though i have it. :(

I got to upgrade my computer, unless the game has been fixed.

First time i tried I just got to the splash screen and that was it, that was when it first released in 2011,

I have a single core CPU, I think thats what is preventing

the game from starting, unless you guys know of something else?

Nope, it happens with dual and quad cores also.

I know people who bought the game the day it came out have yet to play a single round because of this.

The RO2 Steam forum is full of hundreds of posts about it and

Tripwire still to this day chooses to ignore it after starting a thread about it on their official forum and then ditching it shortly after.

Tripwire's on my do not buy list.

I reinstalled the game, and to my surprise it said game of the year edition, and then it actually launched!!!!

But... I got to the menu, and after about 10 sec the game froze, I went to task manager and it said same as it did when i first bought it "game not responding"

:j: so now the game will get me to the menu, but as far as actually playing, I'm stuck again.

So it seems some things were fixed, and or updated in the past year obviously but still cant play.

Tripwire still to this day chooses to ignore it after starting a thread about it on their official forum and then ditching it shortly after.

it, you refer to as in the game not starting?

it, you refer to as in the game not starting?

Yes, there was a thread created to deal with the problem of people not getting past the Splash screen

They asked people to submit logs of the crash/lockups, but most people reported then log file the game creates

was always empty. The thread went dead sometime in 2011 and the devs never followed up.

Tripwire appears to be ignoring the problem even though it starting to affect people who were playing the game

with no problems before.

Both the Steam and official forums are full of complaints.

http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/forumdisplay.php?f=79&order=desc

Somewhat offtopic but I'm looking for the latest version for Mare Nostrum, you guys remember the Africa Korps, or Africa theater mod for RO.

I found the download for MN on the polish map site, but they only have full v 1.2, and the latest is 1.4, I googled Mare nostrum, and their site is

like empty and filled with other crap, and no downloads, I looked almost every where, but anyone have any idea where I can find the 1.4 patch?

Question about RO2 tanking, is there any maps for larger tanking battles othe then Barashka?

I wont be able to play til i get a duel core, but i seen some vids of the tanking, and I fell in love with the looking around and moving from one

position to the next in a tank, I wish all especially Iron Front had that!

Uh ya, I already know this, It plays with steam, but you can download it from several places.

when RO was the shit before RO2, I had MN with the latest patch 1.4, but I had uninstalled the mod yrs ago, and would like o play it again,

all I can find is the v 1.2 build, but not the 1.4 patch, which I know you can download from somewhere as before

you were able to get it from the MN site, but their site has nothing on it, nor does steam.

I'm after people who can commit to testing a new expansion pack. If you liked RO2 and can commit 2 hours twice or three times a week mainly on weekends and also can provide feedback on tester forums then send me your Steam ID and email address in PM.

Do not bother replying if you aren't going to make the effort to leave feedback, this isn't meant to be a free trial, committed testers are needed and feedback is valued. You'll be required to sign, print off then scan an NDA with your signature - if that is too much effort then do not PM me.

So Rising Storm is finally done? (sort of?)

Nope.

All we can do is to wait for an announcement. And that will probably not happen for a while. They've been very quiet about the project.

Personally, I am not that excited about it anyway. Maybe TWI should finish RO2 before interfering with a mod project. As it is now the only respectable mode is Classic. Yet Classic isn't really that good.

RO1 is superior.

I can only say of RO2.... it is not filling the gap that RO1, specially the Darkest Hour mod, left behind. I still play RO1, even if less players each day, and DH mod is having problems as you can't find servers for some reason... RO2 loses realism, even if it has better graphics, and some features that do not exist in RO1, it feels like playing COD. I have a laptop to play, this means Im lagged with games like RO2 or Arma2 (and by the way, Arma2 graphics are better enhanced as I lagg less considering the size of maps here and those of RO2) and I say this because playing RO2 with the current RO2 community is not as great as in the times of RO1. I don't now if the studio looked for new players to enlarge its market but hardcore fan base got dissapointed. I play little RO2 so little I only barely now 2 or 3 maps, I rank between middle or the first best 20 players even using bolt action rifle (well sometimes I rank very bad if I get completely lost in a map), I ask myself, why do players in RO2 run like crazy to their dead? My answer is that its not the same player base as in RO1. RO2 is for me is nowdays like a game to make ppl interested in a game like arma2 as is middle point between arma2 and other games that are not run&gun. Sorry, but I only have complaints about RO2, as the game it will never be at the level of its preceeding one. This is so big fail that nowdays I would think it twice to buy a RO3 game, of all my friends of RO1, only 3 play RO2 as much as in the old days of RO1... I just wanted to share my point of view. Lately this "betrayal" happend me as hitman fan also, absolution is not at the level of blood money (gameplay and history are more important than just graphic improvement), the only good thing is that almost every thing seems to point that Arma3 will be more of the same but improved, and this is what the fan base wants! Just saying, I do not want BIS to lose north.

Nope.

All we can do is to wait for an announcement. And that will probably not happen for a while. They've been very quiet about the project.

Personally, I am not that excited about it anyway. Maybe TWI should finish RO2 before interfering with a mod project. As it is now the only respectable mode is Classic. Yet Classic isn't really that good.

RO1 is superior.

Yeah I hate how they're trying to appease other crowds. Action mode? Realism? Classic? Just give me an improved upon RO1 with new maps, more vehicles and weapons. I can't imagine how much time was wasted configuring each map to fit each game mode. They tried to not be a niché game and ended up making a game in which players left.