Sign in to follow this  
Pac

Red Orchestra: Heroes of Stalingrad

Good to see the steam group is growing... if you still haven't joined PLEASE join now!! :)

;2023017']New Steam Group for Red Orchestra | Arma Players here. Invite your friends :)

Damn.. I can basicly only play RO with medium settings. I never thought the game would demand this much from my comp.. The orginal arma runs well at high settings... ohwell, my computer was great in early 2007 but it seems like it isn't enough nowdays. I'll have to buy myself a new one as soon as I get a damn job. :(

Just did some quick recording of the Russian campaign, nothing special, mostly because I've not uploaded anythin to my YouTube account in ages and this gave me a reason to. :p

vbU_RH_in2Y

.. I know, I'm terrible at games. :)

try out this [solution] Bad Performance - Possible Fix

maybe helps, maybe not :cool:

It's was already done but thanks for the tips anyway.

It's weird, because when I go for higher settings the game doesn't really just lagg, It's more like It's freezing for a few seconds and then it goes back to normal for a half sec, then it freeze agian. Makes it completely unplayable.

According to systemrequirementslab.com my computer passes on ALL stages for minimum requirements for arma 2. And I can play arma 2 on about 70% medium and 30 low settings.

Here is the result for recomended settings for arma 2.

arma22222222222222.png

Further info about my sys specs.

System specs

------------------

System Information

------------------

Time of this report: 9/25/2011, 10:51:01

Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit (6.1, Build 7100) (7100.winmain_win7rc.090421-1700)

Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4200+ (2 CPUs), ~2.2GHz

Memory: 2048MB RAM

Available OS Memory: 2048MB RAM

Page File: 1500MB used, 2594MB available

DirectX Version: DirectX 11

DX Setup Parameters: Not found

User DPI Setting: Using System DPI

System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)

DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled

DxDiag Version: 6.01.7100.0000 32bit Unicode

---------------

Display Devices

---------------

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT

Manufacturer: NVIDIA

Chip type: GeForce 8600 GT

DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC

Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0402&SUBSYS_82431043&REV_A1

Display Memory: 1011 MB

Dedicated Memory: 243 MB

Shared Memory: 767 MB

Current Mode: 1440 x 900 (32 bit) (60Hz)

Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor

Monitor Model: L194WT

Monitor Id: GSM4B06

Native Mode: 1440 x 900(p) (59.887Hz)

Output Type: DVI

Driver Name: nvd3dum.dll,nvwgf2um.dll,nvwgf2um.dll

Driver File Version: 8.17.0012.8026 (English)

Driver Version: 8.17.12.8026

DDI Version: 10

Driver Model: WDDM 1.1

Driver Attributes: Final Retail

Driver Date/Size: 8/3/2011 13:50:00, 12636776 bytes

WHQL Logo'd: Yes

My computer is obviously outdated, but still, i think this is weird.. or is it?

It's weird, because when I go for higher settings the game doesn't really just lagg, It's more like It's freezing for a few seconds and then it goes back to normal for a half sec, then it freeze agian. Makes it completely unplayable.

It´s the same here. On ultra settings my FPS go like 60, 10, 60, 10, 60....total rubbish. Lowering to high get´s rid of that. Now i know my rig ain´t the newest, but if it´s able to display something at 60 fps and this something doesn´t wanna stay at it, it´s somethings fault :(

It´s the same here. On ultra settings my FPS go like 60, 10, 60, 10, 60....total rubbish. Lowering to high get´s rid of that. Now i know my rig ain´t the newest, but if it´s able to display something at 60 fps and this something doesn´t wanna stay at it, it´s somethings fault :(

Exactly the result I get from going from medium to high. The way it lags tells me that something is wrong. In every other game i've played, including arma 2, the lag doesn't change that dramatically.

Well can't do shit since last patch?

Tried joining 10+ servers,just get to click on side/team with no effect!

If do then click on class to no effect! :confused:

Edit:-

Joined through the steam group, managed to get in some good games!

Well good for me :D

Edited by ck-claw

Well can't do shit since last patch?

Tried joining 10+ servers,just get to click on side/team with no effect!

If do then click on class to no effect! :confused:

Edit:-

Joined through the steam group, managed to get in some good games!

Well good for me :D

Wtf? does it happen on all servers?

For me, the server list sometimes becomes totally empty, aswell as my favorites. If I restart the game they come back. In overall, I believe my computer is at it's last legs. Already smashed the front of the computer chassi. I know It's time to buy a knew one when that happens. Only problem is; I don't have the cash just yet.

All the servers i tried-until i joined through the arma stream group! :cool:

All the servers i tried-until i joined through the arma stream group! :cool:

I recently joined the group. Does it have any particular server to play on?

I have one, Bob has one and I believe Pufu has one for Kelly's Heroes.

There may be others but those are the ones I know about :)

Good to see the group is having a use for some people.... :)

Yet again:

;2023017']New Steam Group for Red Orchestra | Arma Players here. Invite your friends :)

Eventually I think we'll have to organise some sort of event so we can all play a game together on a closed server. :)

;2027458']Good to see the group is having a use for some people.... :)

Yet again:

Eventually I think we'll have to organise some sort of event so we can all play a game together on a closed server. :)

I'm always willing to do that - Ive got a 40 slot and TS if needed :)

KH has a server as well (UK 100Mbit dedicated box).

It is a public one and will most likely remain that way, but obviously it could be set to private if/when needed. ;) It actually didn't see a lot of action recently

The game is running fine on nearly max but im still pretty anti to the stuck-to-wall animations. The one i do like is with MG's where bipods are put down. But with standard rifles i sometimes get stuck and sucked into the wall when i dont want to and it feels unecessary. I move like in ARMA. :) Also there a bit of slippery soapy ground when running around ive noticed. Move towards a window and i find myself sliding past it.

Love the mag-scopes tho. Good stuff.

It is a public one and will most likely remain that way, but obviously it could be set to private if/when needed. ;) It actually didn't see a lot of action recently

How can I get my hands on that server?

In overall, I have a quite hard time to enjoy the game. Not only because they maps are so small and crowded, but because how each server is constructed. KillCam for instance is a big NO NO for me. The time limit on every server I've played is either 20 minutes or lower which means the players stress to get a high score, gain XP blabla, so the game feels more like cod than RO.

I'm always willing to do that - Ive got a 40 slot and TS if needed :)

Well guys we've hit 40 members now!! An event should be set up soon, before then details will have to be sorted on which server etc will be used.

I'm thinking a weekend arrangement so that hopefully all members can participate, I think we may have to wait until a nice stable patch is released first though.

TripWire Forums Thread

b_560_95_1.png

For some reason the RO server is most of the time empty (everyone tends to join already populated servers, which means it is hard to have it take off, unless a number of KH members and regulars join in the evenings).

RO server is RANKED, available 24/7 and set to defaults REALISM/HARDCORE difficulty settings (no kill cam, delayed personal kill msjs), and closely admin-ed.

I forgot to add that TS3 is available 24/7.

b_560_95_1.png

For more details, click any of the links above.

Edited by PuFu