Sign in to follow this  
Pac

Red Orchestra: Heroes of Stalingrad

Weapons stats seem to be working now, I had a 220mb update before, and got my digital deluxe weapons finally...

I hate artillery!

Ugh! Me as well. Almost to the point of lessening my opinion of the game. I said almost. :D

Ugh! Me as well. Almost to the point of lessening my opinion of the game. I said almost. :D

It annoys the buggery out of me as well but it embodies the reality and randomness of war, however bloody irritating it may be :D

Edited by BangTail

Only been hit by arti once... I tend to learn from the experience to stay away from too many groups of team mates... :p

;2023017']New Steam Group for Red Orchestra | Arma Players here. Invite your friends :)

I just wish they would fix sway

It's ludicrous how accurate all the weapons are at 100 meters+

I often one shot people in the head with the DP and MG34. I remember on spartanovka, I was standing up with the sniper rifle unsupported and getting headshots everytime I fired at 175 meters.

I've been firing guns all my life and have a k98, and that is total bullshit unless you are a highly experienced sniper (I was level 1...far from "experienced") Going for the body shot would have been more appropriate in that situation due to the larger target.

I MG a lot, so I'm often deployed in a hidey hole. Most of the time I die from the very first shot. I never notice bullets impacting or flying over me. 90% of the time, the guy will hit my prone covered body (or just head) from 100+ meters.

It just hurts the immersion for me. You hear a rifle shot and then you see the kill pop up on screen. It's almost guaranteed.

This ^

;2023140']Only been hit by arti once... I tend to learn from the experience to stay away from too many groups of team mates... :p

Are you serious? In the pic that you got you didn't even tried to be near a cap zone, and if you guys are playing as USSR you should be running a lot to the cap zones trying to get those with your comrades, that's the main point of the game

-------------------

One thing that I found extremely bad designed in the new game, apart from the suppression and accuracy system (as they makes the cover and relaxing aim system totally unuseful), are the closer respawn to the objetives itself, they kill all the feel of punishment when you got killed and you respawn far away as it was in the old RO game, and promotes the fast paced style that the game has now

I still remember (and checked today the old RO to see if it was nostalgia shit or the new game IS fast paced and arcadey) the longer firefights in RO, there even a no well aimed shot at an enemy MG/Sniper counted because of the suppression system of that game (Because a MG that's currently deployed and firing when looks that he becomed a target seeks for cover instantly... In RO2 it get's killed instantly because of the easy aiming), and even the game encouraged you to suppress the enemy and then go to the cap zones to cut off enemy running people that wanted to counter-cap it.

I think that I will stay with the old RO (As today in a Darkest Hour's server there a lot of people complaining about RO2, so I know that I'm not the only saying this), because I don't think that Tripwire will intent to change those things with patches or things (The realism modes are a joke, seriously), maybe a skilled team will, with larger maps and maybe changing the code, but it will pass some time before that.

PD: You should guys take a look at the Tripwire forums, there were people arguing against "Camping while defending", wth.

Edited by NacroxNicke

If there is an arty strike...walk around it!

If you are inside one, kiss your ass goodbye if you aren't kissing dirt in the deepest hole.

I'm surprised at how neglected the Commander role is. I feel obligated to take it just so my team actually gets artillery and recon. I've played and people would be like "where is our artillery!" when in reality we had no commander!

And it's stupid, but if I'm inside a capzone when I call the arty and start in cap zone, I get +3 points for "killing from capzone". What's also odd is that all the artillery kills count towards kills for my current firearm! (20 arty kills = 20 kills for PPSH)

By the way, the MKB (stg44) is causing a HUGE stink on the TWI forums. Everyone (like 90% of the forum) are pissed. There can be about 10 or more MKBs on the german team! This was supposed to be a "hero" weapon that you had to earn from doing well within a server. Instead now we've got almost half of the german team using a super jesus weapon (High ROF/High Mag capacity/long range) that was NEVER used in stalingrad!

Edited by Montanaro

This ^

Are you serious? In the pic that you got you didn't even tried to be near a cap zone, and if you guys are playing as USSR you should be running a lot to the cap zones trying to get those with your comrades, that's the main point of the game

-------------------

One thing that I found extremely bad designed in the new game, apart from the suppression and accuracy system (as they makes the cover and relaxing aim system totally unuseful), are the closer respawn to the objetives itself, they kill all the feel of punishment when you got killed and you respawn far away as it was in the old RO game, and promotes the fast paced style that the game has now

I still remember (and checked today the old RO to see if it was nostalgia shit or the new game IS fast paced and arcadey) the longer firefights in RO, there even a no well aimed shot at an enemy MG/Sniper counted because of the suppression system of that game (Because a MG that's currently deployed and firing when looks that he becomed a target seeks for cover instantly... In RO2 it get's killed instantly because of the easy aiming), and even the game encouraged you to suppress the enemy and then go to the cap zones to cut off enemy running people that wanted to counter-cap it.

I think that I will stay with the old RO (As today in a Darkest Hour's server there a lot of people complaining about RO2, so I know that I'm not the only saying this), because I don't think that Tripwire will intent to change those things with patches or things (The realism modes are a joke, seriously), maybe a skilled team will, with larger maps and maybe changing the code, but it will pass some time before that.

PD: You should guys take a look at the Tripwire forums, there were people arguing against "Camping while defending", wth.

Darkest Hour is ace :D

I would give TWI a little time to address the issues before passing a final judgement.

It is faster paced than RO but it has a great deal of potential IMHO.

Have any of you guys played co-op against AI yet?

From Zipper's video I see SP is pretty good, so I guess co-op would be as well.

Mkb42(H) was in Stalingrad ,but it was very rare in Easter Front where it was tested , together with G.41(W)

It can be fixed easy by limit of use Mkb42 - by only one per map

Actually that's the problem of almost every non-"elitist" games\mods (firearms mod - great community and players, but there's hardly any populated server), it's annoying as hell.

People don't use mics, don't coordinate actions and they ignore people who try to gather it all up so it makes any sense. People buy and take milsim\realistic(ish) games and play them like CoD, wth is wrong with this anyway? Same goes for ArmA 2 on public coop servers.

Want cooperation and ppl on the mics? Well... play Counter-Strike Source. At least in Poland it's the most mature public-server playerbase.

I think in most cases it helps to go the Project Reality route of rewarding teamplay directly to encourage teamwork in public servers.

I've been playing the campaign for a few hours and it certainly is very challenging on hero difficulty. And the bots do what I tell them to.

I think in most cases it helps to go the Project Reality route of rewarding teamplay directly to encourage teamwork in public servers.

I've been playing the campaign for a few hours and it certainly is very challenging on hero difficulty. And the bots do what I tell them to.

So would it be safe to say it's worth a purchase for SP campaign/co-op (and occasional MP)?

Its primarly a multiplayer game. Ive only played the first few levels but so far I have only gotten some cutscenes inbetween the multiplayer maps filled with bots, where you can command an AI squad around.

hm, the few SP missions i played just to get used to the maps and weapons haven't got me too hyped. The AI sticks to you in a form that they always get in your way, or in front of your fireline. That is on the highest difficulty. Not really fun if you ask me. It can definitely be fun in MP. Sp is just training for MP if you ask me, nothing more. The campaign isn't really a campaign either way

Edited by PuFu

Thanks for the info guys, I expected as much.

I will surely buy it, but since I'm not an MP guy, I'll wait for the price to drop/till my next paycheck.

And with the modding community, I guess this game will be around for a long time.

You might wanna check who posted that pic again :cool:

If there is an arty strike...walk around it!

I'm surprised at how neglected the Commander role is. I feel obligated to take it just so my team actually gets artillery and recon. I've played and people would be like "where is our artillery!" when in reality we had no commander!

Tried a bit of commanding for a few games yesterday on stalingrad square, really enjoyed it, was my first time playing commander, being new to the series, and we crushed the enemy many times. There only player that hurt is a bit was DarkKiller who might I add was a russian sniper theat not once stepped out of Cap A building, where russians originally spawn, he ate my arti strikes a few times... :)

Edited by VIPER[CWW]

Spare me your mimi´s, i won´t let the same guy spawnrape our team over and over again - he didn´t even change position all the while so he was basically asking for getting raped back ;)

Any ideas on how to get KillCam working in SP (where it actually belongs more then MP)

[ROGame.ROGameInfoSinglePlayer]
bUseReadySystem=false
FinalObjectiveOverride=0
bDisableTimeLimit=False
bDisableReinforcementLimit=False
ReinforcementScale=1.000000
bMeleeOnly=False
bUseMatchWarmup=True
bAllowDeadRoaming=False
bAllowViewpointSpectating=False
[b]bAllowKillCamera=True[/b]
AdminStartDelay=0
RoundLimit=2
EndOfMapDelay=45.000000
KillMessageMode=ROKMM_All
MinPlayers=0
KillMessageDelay=5.000000
ReinforcementTimeScale=1.000000
MinimumHonor=0
MaximumHonor=100
WarmupRoundDuration=0
bIsStandbyCheckingEnabled=False
GoalScore=0
MaxLives=0
TimeLimit=0
ListenPort=0
StandbyRxCheatTime=0.000000
StandbyTxCheatTime=0.000000
BadPingThreshold=0
PercentMissingForRxStandby=0.000000
PercentMissingForTxStandby=0.000000
PercentForBadPing=0.000000
DefaultGameType=

[ROGame.ROGameInfoFirefight]
TimeLimit=300.0
FinalCountdownTime=60
WinStrengthPoints16=40
WinStrengthPoints32=60
WinStrengthPoints64=100
bUseReadySystem=false
bUseMatchWarmup=false
WarmupRoundDuration=0
KillMessageDelay=0.0
KillMessageMode=ROKMM_All
bMeleeOnly=false
bAllowDeadRoaming=true
bAllowViewpointSpectating=true
[b]bAllowKillCamera=true[/b]
ReinforcementTimeScale=1.0
GameTypeDisplay=Firefight
GameTypeDescription=FirefightDescription
GameTips=FirefightTip1
GameTips=FirefightTip2
FFRespawnDelay=5.0

As you can see, both the SP and MP mode have bAllowKillCamera=true :confused:

The game is called Heroes of Stalingrad. There is of course much more urban combat and CQC than in Ostfront or Darkest Hour.

Just check this thread and tell me that maps are way too small:

http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=63832

Amazing stuff right there. Didn´t know the "maps" where so close of each other, their recriation in-game is very good.

Thanks for the info guys, I expected as much.

I will surely buy it, but since I'm not an MP guy, I'll wait for the price to drop/till my next paycheck.

And with the modding community, I guess this game will be around for a long time.

According to Co-optimus,

It has no co-op mode at this time.

but it is planned for a future patch.

Looks like I was overheated when I posted the other post lol, sorry.

Anyway, I keep saying that there are too many automatic guns than bolt-action rifles, so even if the maps aren't larger and stuff, the number of SMG's in the battlefield makes the game don't feel right (As RO was fun because only a few players used SMG's because of the slots and all the others will use rifleman slots instead).

http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=64600

The MKB/AVT was only intended to be an option for assault classes. We've mistakenly enabled it as an option for every class with an option for an SMG. This adds an extra 6 or so MKBs/AVTs per side more than we intended (on a 64 player server). So we're going to patch this up later today, and you'll see significantly less of these weapons after that.

i have too agree. Before today, things were better because not everyone had the better smgs unlocked. I actually think there are way too many automatic rifles around, and thus the HMGs are somewhat neglected.

I have played with bolt rifle for the most part anyhow. Oh, and the experience for using a weapon doesn't add up, don't know how that should work anyways

Well, that worked well. :confused_o:

If you can, don't download the newest patch! It is bugged and it crashed on launch. Seems like most people got this problem now.

Patch has been rolled back.

Edited by colossus

Well, that worked well. :confused_o:

If you can, don't download the newest patch! It is bugged and it crashed on launch. Seems like most people got this problem now.

Wasn't it supposed to stop a crash in the server browser?

.. at least it did that? :D