Sign in to follow this  
Rocco

New beta patch 1.16

First of all thanks very much for the beta patch! Always happy to see BIS improving Arma 1. I give you full credit for sticking with the product unlike UBI or EA.

I will be downloading the beta patch soon but wanted to express the following concerns:

1) Yes it is fantastic that we are still getting patched but the patches have taken a very long time to arrive. Yes, of course the community is happy to see patches but half the time it seems like you guys are fixing things from previous patches. I would have much preferred you guys fixing content rather than trying to add more features like the voice communication. Wasted energy when all everyone really wants is a bug free game.

2) Half of the community is still waiting on a linux dedicated server. Half of the servers are running 1.14 which is a disaster for me.

Alex, I'm running an 8800GT with 512MB of RAM, talk to me through PM or Skype and I'll try to help ya out.

Damn i'm still writing this from Sahrani ;-)

Patch is looking good on my machine.

No noticeable differences to 1.15 here, but that's a good thing :-)

Thanks a lot for ALL the patches BIS, you're a great team.

Sometimes there are no perfect solutions to problems, you're definately taking the best viable option and doing a lot more then most would.

I wonder when the first comments of Arma2 "splitting up the community" will come...

Edited by Yoma

We've got 1.16 running on a couple of our servers (Windows) as of now and I'm seeing some of the improvements we hoped to see in server performance. I've got pretty high hopes that we will be able to push out a little farther in our overall numbers.

So by tomorrow evening, we should have more solid data. So far so good.:bounce3:

150 here we come :yay:

i am going back to chernarus.

:756:

Edit=

Oh My...this patch seems beautiful so far.

Edited by SWAT_BigBear

I would have much preferred you guys fixing content rather than trying to add more features like the voice communication. Wasted energy when all everyone really wants is a bug free game.

Not wasted time for me, I find the fixed direct voice communication godsend, and somewhat unique in games.(PR BF2 mod can be modded with a similar function, but this is nowhere near the Arma one)

It simply increases immersion a lot. Development time well spent.

Edited by sparks50

my Arma goes like a rocket now with beta patch 1.16 , i tested a couple of missions in Everon 2.0 and the improvement regarding yesterday and 1.15 is impressive , never played Arma so smoothly :)

Thank you BIS for the ongoing support. I have been running 1.16b on a c2d, 8800gt with xp and have encountered no problems so far. The game is perhaps running a bit smoother, but it is definitely no worse than 1.15b.

Whatever you have done to improve graphics... I LOVE IT :)

Thank you.

Xeno

First off i'd like to say great patch. patches be thay beta or final are always welcome.

Now as a software developer my self i am alittle disheartened by the ( all be it minor ) negative feed back by the release of beta patches. It is a great way to get real world (as in not a development environment) feed back as to where we are when it comes to getting software working to our customers likeing.

that being said im not sure if BIS wrote the patching software or not but there is a bug when it comes to large HDD's in my case i had 900+ GB of free space and it was saying i had "not enough space to install" it installed anyway so is a minor bug but thought i should mention it anyway.

Edited by Mr Ree

I would have much preferred you guys fixing content rather than trying to add more features like the voice communication. Wasted energy when all everyone really wants is a bug free game.

Voice communication was in ArmA since 1.0. It was just so buggy that nobody used it.

Also, it was fixed in 1.09 which was ages ago. So a bit late to whine about that one.

And I completely disagree that fixing it was wasted energy. It adds a huge amount of fun to a good MP game.

Thanks BIS for supporting a game that is now over 2 years old, even when the next game is (hopefully) close :yay:

* Linux ded. server is logically the last thing to develop once everything is finished, again, hardly possible to change this policy (and btw, look at linux server support and how it's prioritized even for more mass market games with way bigger user base)

That's just rediculous.. The most important thing for the community is SERVERS. And you just sayid that testing the server has to be done as the last step. And please don't tell us Valve, Epic and id_software sabotage their Linux servers.

Me and all my friends are waiting for AA2 and we are waiting for an online multiplayer. If you are not going to develop the server side properly then you are simply cutting your work to a play-and-forget one-week singleplayer.

Man, some people are never pleased. And it's generally the same people too.

The "cloned" OPFOR Rifleman bug remains from v1.15b. Really annoying for mission makers as using the cloned one adds the beta patches as a required addon to the mission.sqm.

945b4c7d.jpg

None-the-less, great patch BIS. Thank you for your continuing support.

That's just rediculous.. The most important thing for the community is SERVERS. And you just sayid that testing the server has to be done as the last step. And please don't tell us Valve, Epic and id_software sabotage their Linux servers.

Me and all my friends are waiting for AA2 and we are waiting for an online multiplayer. If you are not going to develop the server side properly then you are simply cutting your work to a play-and-forget one-week singleplayer.

The non beta version (1.14) has a Linux server. Nobody is forcing you to test the betas :j:

The whining never ends. This forum is like a pre-school sometimes.

Can you throw in some A2 features in your next update Maruk? :P

Can you throw in some A2 features in your next update Maruk? :P

I believe I see some of it in the AI's.

I believe I see some of it in the AI's.

Yeah I was playing Evo online and realized that the AI seemed a bit smarter on cover. But it might be my imagination.

It is amazing how one man's opinion can cause such a stir, The patch's are great though, glad to see ArmA still gets updated with amazing patches.

I ran Setup_BattlEyeARMA.exe (after ARMAPatch_1_16.exe) but nothing happens or appears.

Question: Do you need to run Setup_BattlEyeARMA.exe manually or is it installed automatically by ARMAPatch_1_16.exe?

I ran Setup_BattlEyeARMA.exe (after ARMAPatch_1_16.exe) but nothing happens or appears.

Question: Do you need to run Setup_BattlEyeARMA.exe manually or is it installed automatically by ARMAPatch_1_16.exe?

Same here on all machines, is only needed to run if it was not installed already before.

You can uninstall it and then use this exe, but for what? BE auto-updates itself and is brilliant in this release, really brilliant... not a single kick today... normally we had one kick almost each 10-15 minutes with 1.14.

Hi all

Thanks BIS

Great Patch seeing a major Frame Rate increase!

But I think I may have a bug.

Strange Blocky shadows from soldiers.

Need to test it some more just see that it is not just with certain MODS/islands.

Overall very impressed with this patch!

Kind Regards walker

72;1275295']wrong with my card when i have been on 1.15b since it came out without these problems? Install 1.16 and immediatelly on certain maps this happens. And yes' date=' i have tested mocking with the settings (had arma since day 1 so im well aware how it works).

Same system/drivers, new patch - problems occured. I played 1.15 just before i installed 1.16 as well as i was testing one of my missions. 1.15 no issues - 1.16 jerky, twitchy, blurred textures with mosaic effect plus objects loading/unloading everytime i looked through the scope. This is when i have a lot going on, but even with lowest or highest texture setting etc it was the same.

Again, sadly, back to 1.15 for me atm. Thanks though for trying to help.

PS. Also had my first graphics related crash in ArmA after 1.16 install. Same drivers/system as 1.15 without any crash at all since 1.15 came out.

Regards

Alex[/quote']

Try this. Delete (or rename if you want to back it up) your local 'arma.cfg' file, restart ARMA and reconfigure your in game screen resolution then play and see how it runs.

Edited by [KH]Jman

Hi all

Thanks BIS

Great Patch seeing a major Frame Rate increase!

But I think I may have a bug.

Strange Blocky shadows from soldiers.

Need to test it some more just see that it is not just with certain MODS/islands.

Overall very impressed with this patch!

Kind Regards walker

im getting a bug like that. only my shadows are like when you make a shadow lod with a hole in it somewhere. the shadows are stretched and go through models.

I had ace mod and was playing online, so ill do some testing

Great patch ! I got some strange shadows from some of the ACE infantry units too (and only at a certain distance), but not from the default BIS ones. Thanks !

[EDIT]

Apparently this is a bug in the latest ACE update and not the 1.16 patch.

Edited by sk3pt