Sign in to follow this  
Rocco

New beta patch 1.16

same mess, different patch.. CTD, slow play, depressing....

patiently awaiting a patch that will increase gameplay, I don't mind a crash once in a few hours... but when you move in slow-mo, with updates, latest drivers, etc etc, it gets depressing, still wondering when I'll get my $$ worth...

same mess, different patch.. CTD, slow play, depressing....

patiently awaiting a patch that will increase gameplay, I don't mind a crash once in a few hours... but when you move in slow-mo, with updates, latest drivers, etc etc, it gets depressing, still wondering when I'll get my $$ worth...

So Eddie what is in your Computer, sounds like your set up is to low to enjoy the game?

So Eddie what is in your Computer, sounds like your set up is to low to enjoy the game?

I've played it on several computers actually, 4 total, all pretty much with the same results, although varied computer specs...

Specs aren't really the issue, such problems have been known since the beginning, and although some improvements have been made, there's still too many posts about playability. I myself can play other games that are out on the market ok, just this one, is REALLY a pain

You should still post your computer specs to see. I have a decent computer and with 1.16, the game runs really well - hardly any crashes and mostly good performance. (Although not all settings are maxed out.)

What do you have in arma.rpt?

serious errors (as i think) not found, the beta release was 18 days ago, where the final patch 1.17?))

This is likely the last patch Arma will see, so its worth waiting to make sure its completely bug free.

This is likely the last patch Arma will see, so its worth waiting to make sure its completely bug free.

don't say that :(

i'm sure they won't just leave us with a beta, i hope BIS will finish the chain of beta patches with an official one, even though they must still concentrate on releasing ARMA2 bug free/if not, then concentrate on patching it>bug-free soon after release :o

they said they would (release a final), and soon. After that... well if a popular ARMA1 mod/user content needed a little fix, there could be a beta patch in the next couple of years.

Edited by kklownboy

The whole point of beta is that a final patch is approaching. But who knows, IF BI feels that the next patch needs more testing before being safely deployed, there may be another beta.

Currently BIS Employees working between 20-24h/day (after a BIS employee told me) to get the (german) release ready.... i really doubt they have time to work on the patch currently and even to release it BEFORE Arma2 release....

So we should have some patience here.... i can understand this 100%!

I'd really like to know if BIS feels that the public beta feedback and fixes is more valuable than a non-split community?

I for one is not convinced the result is worth it.

Note that I only play the latest beta - on a private server. I did used to play a pub from time to time, but now that feels really inconvenient.

In my opinion, convenience becomes important as a game gets older.

I think you should try to keep to some maximum time from beta to final, ie 30 days - or don't release one...

I realise you (BIS) is very busy... I just must strongly recommend you don't go down this road again, with ArmA2.

Warfare 1.2 issue...

If you play with the AI switched off, when other players join they don't show up as a squad you can see there name when your looking at them but from any distance it says unknown target.

The money for the new plays is screwed aswell because the game doesn't know if there on the server or not, a friend only started getting money when he teamed up in a vehicle with me.

Hi Maruk,

I hope that this is the right thread to report issues for the new V1.16beta patch.

I am overall very satisfied with it until I got severe graphic anomalies following an NVIDIA device driver upgrade to 185.85. The anomalies include flickering of text messages i.e. on black loading screen and later in game as well as loosing and or flickering textures laid over objects.

I first thought this was somewhat exclusively related to the ACE Community mod and in fact it is more apparent there, but I did also get visual anomalies running vanilla Arma V1.16beta as well!

Today I cross-checked and tried the latest official release Arma 1.14 and voila - the graphics were fine also with the new driver, so I can confirm that there must something in the 1.16beta that adversely interferes with the latest Forceware Drivers from NVIDIA (185.85).

Moreover, when I roll-back my graphics driver to the previous version

182.50, the probs are gone and the graphics are fine even with the

Arma 1.16beta!

I hope that this information will point you on what's still causing issues with Arma V1.16beta and NVIDIA Drivers.

Here are my System Specs:

ASUS P5WDH Deluxe

8GB RAM

Intel Q9650 @ 4*3GHz

XFX 8800GTX with driver 185.85 causing problems (driver 182.50 is ok)

Arma 1.14 runs fine - even with new drivers

Arma 1.16beta runs only fine with old drivers (182.50) and is causing problems with the new driver (185.85)

Regards Gunhawk

Very strange reading this discussion.

2) 1.16 beta will stay beta only for some time, if nothing bad happens again, will be raised to final 1.17 pretty soon

I really hope that they will first review the graphic anomalies created for NVIDIA customers with the latest drivers 185.85. With that making the

V1.16beta to become final is a no-Go for me

Regards Gunhawk

72;1275729']Hi Maruk' date='

The texture blur was there in 1.15b as well even though now its a bit more agressive. I havent changed anything when i went from 1.15b - 1.16b apart from installing the 1.16b patch. What i noticed though with this unloading of textures is that when i am close to dead bodies - this is when the ground textures unload/change to lowres. Tested this so many times and its always when a dead body is close to me. When i move away from it - all fine againAlex[/quote']

So also get texture blur with V1.16? What drivers are you on?

I am currently on 185.85, but found a severe side effect with Arma V1.16, which is not in V1.14. I got a lot of flickering in text passages as well as texture flickering. Easy to proof with just running the editor, putting the player soldier on the airfield of Ramadi and the graphic issues appear with

V1.16 which V1.,14 is OK. On the otherhand, when I role back to the previous grapfic driver 182.50, the graphics are fine - even with Arma 1.16beta - very strange!!!!

Regards Gunhawk

Post deleted as I found out I was not starting from the 1.16 beta .exe file but the desktop 1.14 icon.

1.16 seems OK, but performance is still nothing stellar.

Edited by Temporary Alx

I am currently on 185.85, but found a severe side effect with Arma V1.16, which is not in V1.14. (...) On the otherhand, when I role back to the previous grapfic driver 182.50, the graphics are fine - even with Arma 1.16beta - very strange!!!!

Regards Gunhawk

I heard somewhere 185.85 were a bit messed up... and as they are a bit for me, I downgraded my drivers to 175.19, the one just before 9xxx series IIRC.

And now, fine for my 7800GTX ! After some time you shouldn't upgrade your (nvidia ?) drivers if you find one that is great.

On a clean Vista 64 + SP2 + latest updates (4 Gb RAM) install with March 2009 DX9.0c, latest Creative X-Fi drivers, ATI Calalyst 9.5 drivers, latest all other drivers (see DXdiag below);

I install;

i) German DVD-ROM version

ii) 1.05 patch

iii) International 1.08 patch

iv) 1.08 hotfix

v) 1.14 patch

vi) 1.16 beta

Start ArmA and all I get is a black loading screen and then a corrupted start screen (black buttons, etc.)

If I start in window mode, I see the game, can change the language to English, etc., but full-screen is a no-go.

...wtf...

Are you really starting the 1.16.exe?... it doesn't overwrite your desktop icon/shortcut. it is a separate .exe/shortcut. your issue sounds like your using 1.14.

Hi all, been skimming through this thread and I have not seen any posts on my following problem:

The game starts as usual, but in my server list is empty in the Multiplayer lobby... It's not listing any playable servers. I have checked my firewall, tested with 1.15 patch (got a full list of servers) and checked my filter with different settings. Still my list is blank... Does anyone have a suggestion to what I can do to fix this?

CrazyGlue, 1st confirm your not set for lan games, otherwise, try waiting for 2-5 mins and see if the server list populates itself.

I thought the day I had your same prob.....that it was just Gamespy, but maybe it was the 1.16 install, since it was that same day.

Are you really starting the 1.16.exe?... it doesn't overwrite your desktop icon/shortcut. it is a separate .exe/shortcut. your issue sounds like your using 1.14.

You sir are a geneous, whereas I am a twit! :yay: I thought something must be very wrong, as there were so many good reports about improved performance, but it was still behaving like a pig for me. I will give it a try tonight! THANK YOU :bounce3:

CrazyGlue, 1st confirm your not set for lan games, otherwise, try waiting for 2-5 mins and see if the server list populates itself.

I thought the day I had your same prob.....that it was just Gamespy, but maybe it was the 1.16 install, since it was that same day.

Thank you for the reply. I have checked that it's not set for LAN. Even tried to directly enter the IP for a server that I play on.. But still no result.... Any other ideas?? Any idea will be welcome......

Delete the "ArmA\beta" folder before installing the new beta patch.

I had to do this to get 1.15 to install...took me ages to figure that out.

Edited by All-a-Mort
My inability to read!

love the new 1.16 patch but can some one tell me when it will be comeing out as not a beta patch but a full patch for the game

Finally got it fixed.. Here's what I did. I reinstalled the 1.14 patch (without uninstalling) and then the 1.15 patch. When this was done I renamed the beta folder to beta1 (and also changed the shortcut) then I reinstalled the 1.16 patch.. puh.. Finally it works without any problem. Thanks to those who helped me :D

Note: I deleted the beta folder before starting this prosedure.