Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

Will my PC Run this? What CPU/GPU to get? What settings? System Specifications.

-Ziggy-;1506108']the full game will not magically turn your laptop into a desktop' date=' if thats what you mean by helping the problem...[/quote']

I heard some people say that the full game had better quality than the demo.

funny that... i can install a complete O/S on my SATA drive without SATA drivers. and thats by ignoring F6 function. i only have one HDD and thats SATA. i can install the O/S without these drivers and then switch off the newley installed O/S and boot again before any drivers are installed.

so whats this about needing SATA drivers again?

The F6 function i think is 3rd party raid function that needs to be installed via floppy? not quite sure tbh its been that long. i know i tried hitting that the very first time i had a SATA drive, i was trying to install 64bit server 2006 i think? and had no joy at all. i ignored the F6 funtion after serveral tries and it simply loaded up.

You must just be god then eh.

I don't know all the specifics about my new rig coming in the mail (since it's a Christmas present), but I do know this much.

A 2.8 GHz dual core processor

3-4 gigs of DDR2 ram

ATI Radeon HD4850

Windows 7 OS

So will a rig like that be able to play Arma2 on a 1280X1040 monitor with at least 30 FPS on decent high settings?

Definatly, I've run A2 on a much worse computer with better fps.

You must just be god then eh.

no, its a simple fact that a SATA drive is recognised in the BIOS therefore its negotiable by the system.

It might just be me but as of 1.03-1.04.. Most comps that are 1-2 years old Should be able to handle this game?? This thread was good for when the game was new, but since then it's had some improvements imo.

Hi guys,

After 4 years I'm going to buy a new notebook and I saw that one:

Intel Core i7 720QM 1.60GHz Cache l3 6MB , RAM DDR3 4GB , Hard Disk 500GB 5400rpm , NVIDIA GeForce GT 230M 1GB dedicated 2815MB HyperMemory

Blu-ray , Display 15,6 pollici 1366x768 pixel.

The only reason I'm changing my old notebook is to run ArmA 2 ... do you think I will with this configuration?

Really I need an advice because I want to play it at medium High setting ...or I have to go on a gtx260m instead???

thanks

leijonsparf i think youll be very happy playing arma II on your pc, if possible get 64bit windows 7and also use ramdrive another 4gb of ram would probably help alot with the ramdrive side of things.

I am using win 7 64 bit. an additional 4 gb of ram is planned for, but not for a while. Until then, how would a second, dedicated hard drive affect the performance? I think that the disk, along with the graphics card, is the weakest link performance-wise, but for now I'll settle with running the game with decent fps on at least medium settings. I was pretty worried for a while, considering I've got pretty high standards on what can be considered "decent fps" (at least compared to what people seem to settle with these days, to me 20 fps is pretty much a slideshow), but I hope it'll run pretty well.

No. Never.

mhh...ok

and what about having a notebook with gtx260m and intel i7 1.6gHz instead?

I just want to know if i can run the game nicely...thanks again

Okay, my new PC. It isn't built for gaming but I'm curious if ArmA II would be worth an install on this machine. I don't have high expectations for it but here it goes.

Windows Vista Home Premium 64 Bit SP1

Intel Core 2 Quad 8200 @ 2.33 GHZ

8GB RAM

ATI Radeon HD 4350

I think my GPU will kill me.

Well, I've decided against the Macbook, I've decided to go for one of these;

http://www.rockdirect.com/viewNotebook.php?pName=XTREME%20790

Question though, will this be able to run it and at what settings?

Intel® Core™ i7 Processor Extreme Edition i7-920 2.66GHz, 1366FSB, 8Mb Cache

nVidia GeForce GTX 280M 1Gb

17" Hi-res WUXGA+ X-Glass

3Gb DDR3 1333MHz

2 x 250Gb 7200rpm SATA HDD's

8x Dual Layer +/- DVD-RW

Microsoft® Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

bertfallen

I merged your "will it run" thread with this existing one. Also all spam and reactions to it removed.

DarkestKnight

+1 Infraction for that pointless spam.

bertfallen

I merged your "will it run" thread with this existing one. Also all spam and reactions to it removed.

DarkestKnight

+1 Infraction for that pointless spam.

Ah thank you, my bad I did try looking for a topic along those lines, but obviously gave up too early :P

..............replaced my old 8800GTS .... currently bottlenecked at the CPU ......... The 5870 is a good solid card for ArmA2 but your results will depend on ...hardware.....

Think my new Q9650@4.1gHz, should allow the 5870 to give me a boost. Only problem is its out of stock for several weeks. You seem to be one of the lucky ones!!! :crazy:

What kind of performance would you expect with an ATI radeon hd 4850,3gb ram and either Atlon II X4 2,6 or the Phenom II X3 2,6 at what settings??

Edited by the_defender

Okay guys, i'm here to ask for suggestions. Time for a new motherboard to have better performance. Right now i have a core2duo 6300 at around 2GHz, 2 gigs ram, nvidia 8600GTS graphics card. It is an old config with a very cheap, and shitty AsRock motherboard, but it performs suprisingly well even with arma 2. I set textures to normal, shadows to normal, pp to very high, anti alias aniso disabled, 1024X768. It runs around 20 fps, but sometimes it gets high as 30-40, or low as 10. I think is rather playable on my current config. But i want to play it on normal, high settings, or the same settings with more fps, so Im planning to overclock my cpu, and i need a really good motherboard i can count on. And since this motherboard is likely to stay for some years i want something i can build on my new configs. So what motherboards would you suggest me as an arma 2 player?

Your graphics card is definitely the weak point, you'd be much better off replacing it than your motherboard or CPU.

Your graphics card is definitely the weak point, you'd be much better off replacing it than your motherboard or CPU.

The thing is my motherboard has a limited pci-e slot, and still has an agp slot, so its not really up to date. I think even a new graphics card would be slowed down by the motherboard. And it does not support many graphics cards, 8800 is the strongest it can support. So i guess it's time to change the motherboard.

Aye. Thing is though, the motherboard probably won't speed things up that much, nor will overclocking. The 8600GTS was a mediocre card when it came out. By today's standards it's very lacking.

Aye. Thing is though, the motherboard probably won't speed things up that much, nor will overclocking. The 8600GTS was a mediocre card when it came out. By today's standards it's very lacking.

Quick question, how is Radeon 4890 1Gb in todays standards?

Quick question, how is Radeon 4890 1Gb in todays standards?

Good. One of the best bargains out there in the mid-range of hardware, and it can run ARMA 2 well.

Good. One of the best bargains out there in the mid-range of hardware, and it can run ARMA 2 well.

How about a Nvidia Geforce GTS240?

How about a Nvidia Geforce GTS240?
Slower than the ATI 4890. The GTS240 is a refresh of the venerable 8800GT, an excellent card for it's time (2007-2008). Have a look at the charts here and see where the 8800GT lands in comparison to the 4890. Edited by Killswitch

Slower than the ATI 4890. The GTS240 is a refresh of the venerable 8800GT, an excellent card for it's time (2007-2008). Have a look at the charts here and see where the 8800GT lands in comparison to the 4890.

Thanks for the link, maybe I can turn grass and shadows on now :D

The 4870/90 are the best price/performance ratio cards at the moment imo. Got two XFX 4870 1gb for 75 euros each and I´m very happy with it.