Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

Will my PC Run this? What CPU/GPU to get? What settings? System Specifications.

OK Guys, im a forum noob and computer noob so please be fair lol

Will my computer run ARMA 2 smoothly?

Specs:

Chip Type:  AMD Phenom X4 Processor

Graphics Card:

NVIDIA 9500GT 1GB GDDR3 1.8GHZ, 256BIT GRAPHICS CARD, WITH VGA, HDTV and DVI OUT

Speed: 2,300 MHz

Memory (RAM): 4,000 MB

Hard Drive Capacity: 500 GB

Primary Drive: DVD+/-RW

Hi everyone,

I just bought a new desktop.

- Quad Core 2 2.55 4MB L2

- 4GB RAM DDR 2 (3 used win7 32bits limitation)

- Nvidia GT220 1GB.

Then the ARMA 2 configuration.

Textures HIGH

Video Memory DEFAULT

Anisotropic NORMAL

Antialiasing DISABLED

Terrain detail LOW - VERY LOW

Objects detail NORMAL

Shadow detail NORMAL

Post process effect DISABLE

Screen Resolution 1280x1024

With that config I get in cities 30-35 and in the forest everything gets really slow 15-20. In the open field and flying I can get 40-60 frames.

The major problem I find is the forest and cities they have to fix it as soon as possible because that kills the gameplay.

OK Guys, im a forum noob and computer noob so please be fair lol

Will my computer run ARMA 2 smoothly?

Specs:

Chip Type:  AMD Phenom X4 Processor

Graphics Card:

NVIDIA 9500GT 1GB GDDR3 1.8GHZ, 256BIT GRAPHICS CARD, WITH VGA, HDTV and DVI OUT

Speed: 2,300 MHz

Memory (RAM): 4,000 MB

Hard Drive Capacity: 500 GB

Primary Drive: DVD+/-RW

Well at least u can play it on low-medium settings , but still there r lagging in someplace like forest and cities...try the latest patch and Nvidia driver ( I recommended u with 191.07 WHQL )

Happy gaming mate ;)

---------- Post added at 01:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:48 PM ----------

Quad core q6600 2.6 ghz 4cores.

3gb of ram.

vista 32 bits.

8600gs nvidia 1.7gb.

Will i able to run it atleast on normal settings?:D

Yes u can :rolleyes:

My advice, download the latest VGA driver and patch also, n one more thing view distance is surely a killer fps...

Happy gaming mate :)

hi i was wandering if my laptop would play ArmA 2, im really interested in getting the game but i dont want to waste money on it if it wont work hehe, here are the specs:

Processor Type AMD Athlon X2 Dual Core Processor

Memory Size 3GB MB

Processor speed (2.10Ghz, 1 MB Cache)

Memory Type DDR2

Hard Drive Capacity 250 GB

Graphics Card Type NVIDIA GEFORCE 8200M

Graphics Memory Shared MB

help will be greatly apreciated!

It will launch ARMA II, but at lowest quality in order to get playable fps although I can guarantee that will make 30 fps :(

But don't expect too much since laptop didn't created for gaming:butbut:

Well at least u can play it on low-medium settings , but still there r lagging in someplace like forest and cities...try the latest patch and Nvidia driver ( I recommended u with 191.07 WHQL )

Happy gaming mate ;)

---------- Post added at 01:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:48 PM ----------

Yes u can :rolleyes:

My advice, download the latest VGA driver and patch also, n one more thing view distance is surely a killer fps...

Happy gaming mate :)

Thanks for the info mate.

Is it the graphics card letting the overall system down or the processor

(its quad core btw)

If it is the graphics card, what would you reccomend within a budget of £150?

If its the processor, Im screwed....LOL.

But I saw this;

usVAQ8DLTM4

He is running on max settings with the same specs as me. :yay:

Except he has a 9800GT. :(

i have the GTX 260 not really much to write home about except that if you emptied the contents you could use the case as a sandwich box.

now i'm getting around 27fps could be the draw distance? might have to play with that. but

system specs are AMD dual core 4200 2.2mhz i think?

2 gig ram

GTX 260

ASUS M2N-SLi Delux MB

the demo runs kinda ok but at times it feels like trying to run through a lake of custard.

system specs are AMD dual core 4200 2.2mhz i think?

2 gig ram

If you mean x2 4200+ then i have the same, and that is what is limiting your system. I have it in combination with a HD4870 and it doesnt really matter if i put my settings on high or low, performance is usually about the same since i am nearly always bottlenecked by the CPU. :p

Its more then playable on my system though, which is slightly overclocked and highly optimized.

I am thinking of building the following:

Core2 Quad 9300 2.5 Ghz 1333 FSB

Asus P5Q PRO TURBO Intel P45

8 MB Ram

GEForce GTX 280 1GB

Does anyone have any experience with the setup with ARMAII and if so how does it do? I know there is supposed to be some kind of relationship between video and cpu performance but don't know what it is, maybe there is a frequency issue between cpu and vpu?. Will the cpu or vpu drag down the other down using this setup I would rather not overclock.

What O/S would you go for? XP or Win7 and 32 or 64. The only other app I have that would take advantage of the 64 bit O/S would be Lightroom. the other 40 or so apps wouldn't.

Also is there any real difference in the brand name attached to the video card. Do I really need to pay the extra 100 for the Asus brand over another brand, or is it a waste of money?

My current system is only getting 16-19 FPS in the demo and I want to play. :)

Hey there,

I'm pretty much new to this community, and after a long lapse into console gaming on my PS3, I've decided I'd like to get back into the incredibleness of PC gaming once again, even though I don't know that much about different specs and what they mean in performance terms. I'm in the UK, and I'm planning on building a custom PC at computerplanet.co.uk (if you know better Uk sites for this don't hesitate to let me know!) and the planned specs are as follows:

CPU: Intel Core i7 860 (2.80GHz) 8 MB 4.8GT/s

Memory: Corsair 4GB XMS3 PC3-12800 1600MHz (2x2GB) - Lifetime Warranty CAS 9 (DDR3)

Graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce 9800GT - 1 GB - 2xDVI/VGA/HDMI (Palit) - OverClocked

Motherboard: Asus P7P55D (Intel P55) (Includes 2 Free Games)

and a 640 gb hard drive maybe

So to reiterate, I have little to no idea what many of these figures mean, but a vague idea of what's quite good. Anyway, can you please tell me how a PC with these specifications would run ARMA 2? And if there are any changes to be made that are obvious to you to increase performance? What sort of things would I need to get high settings?

Thanks in advance, I myself am clueless :j:

Hiho, your specs look good although I would recommend buying a new graphics card for long time fun. ArmA II should run good on normal settings. It isn't always useful to have everything on high setting. The differences between normal and very high are hard to spot even in 1920x1200 resolution. But you should try it yourself. Download the demo first. After the latest patches the game runs definately better than at the time of demo release.

ah, yet as I was saying these aren't the specs of my current PC, these are the ones of the one I'm planning on building on computerplanet.co.uk, so you're saying a better graphics card? What sort of one would you recommend as the best for a reasonable price to run ARMA 2 quite well? Is the processor OK? Thanks for the info so far :)

Edited by LOZZAT

If you want a great card get the new ATI 5870, it has DX11 and should run ArmA 2 fantastic.

Though your current specs will run the game fine (Trust me, even normal settings looks good!). And welcome to PC gaming! :)

Ah, so you mean it :)

CPU is ok.

I own a GTX 275 and ArmA II runs perfect on it. However the best graphics cards on the market are the new Radeon 5850 and the Radeon 5870. Both offer more power than a GTX 285, but a have lower power input as I've read in test reviews.

I think in December 09 there will be some new models of those graphics cards without the reference design having a quieter cooling. But I'm not quiet sure about those plans right now.

Can I run max settings at 1280x1024

AMD 955 BE @3.2GHz

Geil Black Dragon 2x2Gb 4-4-4-12

HD4890 1GbRam

WD 640GB HDD 7200

Windows Vista Ultimate 64bit (I want Windows 7, but fuck Bill Gates, he aint getting more money from me)

Also how will these do with a new monitor

1920x1280 (21.5) Still able to get max with this resolution?

Edited by TheDudeAbides

Oh cool thanks guys, I'll definately take all that into account, it's nice to have responsive and helful people, I'm starting to remember why I used to love gaming on my PC haha :P oh and also does anyone else know any other good UK sites for building custom PCs? I've found a few but as of yet am unsure which ones will give me the best deals. But thanks anyway, I think I'll get the Radeon 5870, sounds awesome! :D

woops sorry, new here :/ just kind of posted it without thinking

---------- Post added at 03:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:04 PM ----------

I'm done here anyway I think, sorry again.

# CPU: (Quad-Core)Intel® Core™ 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz 1333FSB 12MB L2 ***Overclockable XXX*** Cache 64-bit

# Motherboard: Asus P5KPL-AM Intel G31 Chipset LGA775 FSB1066(OC)/667/800 DDR2 Mainboard

# Memory: (Req.DDR2 MainBoard)3GB (3x1GB) PC6400 DDR2/800 Dual Channel Memory (Corsair Value Select and Major Brand)

# Video Card: ATI Radeon HD 5850 PCI-E 16X 1GB Video Card

# Operating System: Microsoft® Windows® 7 Home Premium (64-bit Edition)

I was also thinking of this one :P yeah I might build it myself in the end anyway, but I don't really have masses of time at the moment, yet just enough for gaming haha

Hey all,

I started playing the series with flashpoint on my pIII 733mhz with some nvidia TNT card.. the series hit armaII and my pc also improved, but i'm struggling with performance a bit.

In editor everything goes fine, but the campaign just goes wrong on fps, i get 15-25 fps.. no matter what settings. i had a 8800gtx and upgraded it to a 4890 1GB, but it didn't help.

my current specs

Intel c2Duo e6850 @ 3.6 ghz (dual core)

ATI HD 4890 1GB

4GB ram DDR2 800mhz

2 x Spinpoint f1 Raid0

windows 7 64bit

1920x1200 LCD

so editor goes well, but other stuff like campaign and heavy mp missions are running way to slow to enjoy it. I'm not someone who want's to run everything on very high, but hence, it's not the problem because i can nearly run it on very high, but in missions there is no difference in fps (or nearly no) with everhting on high or everything on low.

So will i benifit from upgrading to a core i7 860 (4x2.8ghz) compared to my 2x3.6 ghz atm. if it realy would help me off the hook i may consider it, but i didnt plan to ugprade my pc this soon, so i don't want to spend money if it won't help me out, my gfx uggrade didnt help much.

So will i benifit from upgrading to a core i7 860 (4x2.8ghz) compared to my 2x3.6 ghz atm. if it realy would help me off the hook i may consider it, but i didnt plan to ugprade my pc this soon, so i don't want to spend money if it won't help me out, my gfx uggrade didnt help much.

I dont you'll see much in the way of improvement, everybody knows that the campaign is buggy and unoptomised and requires some monstrous horsepower to get it going properly. Same applies really to MP, these are the two heavisest tasks in the game, your specs should be able to keep you above the water for now, just tone the settings down a notch, anti aliasing kills framerates but your GFX should be up to that. Try turning down terrain details, if you see an increase there then its your CPU that is under pressure.

I dont you'll see much in the way of improvement, everybody knows that the campaign is buggy and unoptomised and requires some monstrous horsepower to get it going properly. Same applies really to MP, these are the two heavisest tasks in the game, your specs should be able to keep you above the water for now, just tone the settings down a notch, anti aliasing kills framerates but your GFX should be up to that. Try turning down terrain details, if you see an increase there then its your CPU that is under pressure.

thx, also isn't there somewhere on the forum a list off wich settings are depending mostly on gpu power and wich on cpu power. or can you tell me? because gfx power isnt the problem i think. and in the campaign, even with lowering terrain details i don't get much improvement (maybe one fps, but hard to notice)

putting together a new gaming rig and am concerned if ArmA and ArmA2 will run on it... anyone using a similar rig now?

Core i5 2.3ghz

ATI 4870

8gb Ram

Win7

Anyone?

I am particularly concerned with the fact that the core i5 isn't at the recommended 3ghz requirement of ArmA.

putting together a new gaming rig and am concerned if ArmA and ArmA2 will run on it... anyone using a similar rig now?

Core i5 2.3ghz

ATI 4870

8gb Ram

Win7

Anyone?

I am particularly concerned with the fact that the core i5 isn't at the recommended 3ghz requirement of ArmA.

The recomended system requirements say

Quad Core CPU or fast Dual Core CPU (Intel Core 2.8 GHz or AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+ or faster) 

This means that you need to have a quad core CPU (speed doesn't mather)

or a fast dual core (with speed at least 2.8 ghz).

So you will be ok with your proc.