Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

Will my PC Run this? What CPU/GPU to get? What settings? System Specifications.

Ok, this is my first post on these forums although I have been playing Arma1 since it came out. I have decided to buy a new pc so I can finally play some decent sims (FSX and Arma2 in particular). I'm not exactly clueless when it comes to pc's but really don't know enough about them, so it's still more or less a gamble in ordering parts.

Here's my initial choice;

Intel® Core i7-920

Asus P6T Deluxe V2 X58

Asus ENGTX275/2DI

Buffalo DIMM 6 GB DDR3-1333 Tri-Kit

I think this will be able to run it, but how smooth will it be? I'm used to 10-25 fps on low-medium settings with Arma1 (p4 3.4ghz and 8800 gts 640mb) but for once would like to have some eye candy and performance for my enjoyment...:)

What do you guys think and what changes/improvements should I make?

ahh cheers for the help lol, bit of a dunce when it comes to computer technology so i thought i would get input fro someone who actually knows what there talking about hehe, cheers for the help though:)

Quick update with my stuttering and popup issues. I have downloaded the new beta patch and it helped out alot. don't notice tree and building popup as much. Now I'm going to hold off another year to buy a new pc. Still going to get an ssd drive and see if that makes it even better + I can use the drive when I get my new pc. If I can get improvements with my aging pc then alot

of you with newer systems should really see a difference.

My hardware:

AMD Opteron 180 DualCore

2Gigs Ram

Geforce 9800GT

powercolor 4890 1gig

4 gig ram

.... 6000+ Dual core :P

Getting around 20-25 fps in MP.

Im thinking of getting a Phenom II 965 quad core since my MOBO can handle it, should I expect some decent gains in FPS?

just upgraded from vista 32 bit to windows 7 64 bit and ran arma mark with a big improvement went from low 30s to high 40s.

test1 33.4918

test2 60.4438

test3 46.2748

test4 65.2884

test5 35.262

result 4815.21

cpu at 31% ram at 36%

-cpucount=4 and -nosplash also used.

Hi every1

I am planning to buy this pre-built PC since I am not sure about building one myself,

will it run Arma 2 and operation arrowhead on normal to high?

Quad Core Q8300 2.5GHz, 4GB RAM, 750GB HDD, DVDRW, NVIDIA GTS250, 500W PSU, Windows 7 Home Premium

its here : http://www.ebuyer.com/product/176496

Just wondering what kind of FPS increase i can get from the mentioned system upgrade if anyone can assist on this 350 paged mess.

Current:

E8500@3.7GHZ stable temps

GTX280 @671/1444/2440 stable temps

2X2gb ocz 6400 @ 1066mhz

windows vista 64bit

Upgrade:

Q9550

HD5850

(ram?)

(windows 7?)

Currently on normal settings w/1440x900 res, low object detail, 2500 view distance, i am averaging 24-20fps, lows in the 12s during texture load and heavy battles or thick areas getting an updated average of 22fps with lows in the 18s as well in warfare online mode with 30 people. I would like to keep my average at least 30-35fps and i don't want to be getting anything below 25fps with increased settings, specifically with high object/texture/terrain detail which is what im trying to get with the upgraded suggestions. At this point the game is hardly playable and i cant even get an accurate object detail past a small distance which is frustrating, this game is an unbelievable resource hog.

So will i see this improvement with the cpu and gpu upgrade? Will upgrading to windows 7 give any performance increase as well as getting maybe more ram and/or better ram as well? Thanks.

Edited by Cohort

to cohort you should see an increase mate i did with just installing windows 7 just make sure you install the 64 bit version and get at least 6 gig of ram.

Current:

E8500@3.7GHZ stable temps

GTX280 @671/1444/2440 stable temps

2X2gb ocz 6400 @ 1066mhz

windows vista 64bit

So will i see this improvement with the cpu and gpu upgrade? Will upgrading to windows 7 give any performance increase as well as getting maybe more ram and/or better ram as well? Thanks.

You will see a big improvement and Win 7 will help a lot but... Either Vista is terrible or your current system is a mess to get those kind of framrates you mention there.

I'm running about half those specs plus fraps (!) and average 35 fps down to 25 when things get heavy, with most things on High, some on normal or off.

Just saying, I'd love your current system.

Will my pc run arma2?

4GB ram

Intel Core 2 Duo Processor E8200 @ 2.66 GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.7GHz

NVIDIA GeForce 8400 GS - approx. total memory 1458 mb

You will see a big improvement and Win 7 will help a lot but... Either Vista is terrible or your current system is a mess to get those kind of framrates you mention there.

I'm running about half those specs plus fraps (!) and average 35 fps down to 25 when things get heavy, with most things on High, some on normal or off.

Just saying, I'd love your current system.

Thats interesting your getting those results. Ive optimized the game from Dwarden's nvidia thread, yet to install the new drivers though to see if that helps my fps. What are your specs and game settings? This is my fps in warfare online mode though, which can really bog your fps down compared to campaign. So how does win 7 improve fps in ARMA 2 anyways and by what margin?

Core2 Quad 9300 1333 FSB

Asus P5Q PRO TURBO Intel P45

8 MB Ram

GEForce GTX 280 1GB

I'm not interested in overclocking. :)

Thanks

Hello,

Just bought ArmA2 and have to say i'm kind of dissapointed right now :(

mainly because my rig doesnt cut it that well.

I play on high or medium with 15-25 fps. playable but not enjoyable.. :(

also how do i get rid of the black stribes on the sides?

does the patch let u gain fps?

i got

q8200 2.33 *4

4gb ram

9600gt 512mb ddr3 latest drivers

win xp 32

What settings should i use for 30 fps. :)

Hi all

See the specs in the sig below - I want to upgrade my graphics card since the addition of a RAMdisk and latest beta has reduced stutter but not flickering, and feel there is a little more to come out of the setup (currently around 15-20fps flying over Chernogorsk, all normal and 3km VD). The options (driven by budget) are an ATi 5770 or 4890, though with the 4890 I would have to change my PSU (420W), making that option more expensive. Does anyone have experience of how a single 5770 performs with Arma2, compared to a 4890 ?

Thanks for any input.

Windows 7 64 Bit preforms poorly against Windows XP 32bit. Is this really possible?? I just bought the OS and am pretty annoyed.

i7 920

GTX 285

6GB Triple Channel

Windows 7 64bit, Windows XP 32bit

I ran ArmaII Mark on both OS's using the same video settings in-game, and all the new drivers from both the motherboard and GFX card. Win7's ArmaII mark was 3012.73 and Windows XP was 3578.35... I don't get it. Advice?

Look at my post 1 page back m8.What patch you using plus have you updated your gfx drivers. To the window 7 ones.

What patch you using plus have you updated your gfx drivers. To the window 7 ones.
...and all the new drivers from both the motherboard and GFX card.

Yes. Everything is updated, OS included. I own the Steam version of ArmaII so its patched up to current.

hi all

I have a few questions.

I usualy use Win XP 32bit. Arma work fine 4 me.Now i use win 7 64bit. for a month.And still don know, which system is better.

In Win 7 64bit its everything faster,no pop up of textures,loading and etc.

But i think,that Arma its little bit slower than on XP. So yesterday i reinstall back XP and i think, that whole system is little bit slower in loading, but arma run smoother.But loading slower and textures still pop up. :(

So now i dont know which system should i use ??? Can someone halp me? or give me some tip how can i tunning my systems ?? :D

thx a lot...

hey, just got a new computer, how well I can run arma 2?

2.53 GHz intel core 2 duo

mobility radeon hd 4650 1 gb

4 gb ram

thanks!

hey, just got a new computer, how well I can run arma 2?

2.53 GHz intel core 2 duo

mobility radeon hd 4650 1 gb

4 gb ram

thanks!

I would think you should be ok running arma on medium settings not sure thgt, but I would have hoped that you bought a quad core, because as far as I know, the recommended dual core is 2.8GHz, you can probably over-clocker, but I dont know how it works

try the Demo first

I ran the demo and it works well enough (except for that mouse lag thing), but i'm hoping with the new patch i'll get better fps and no lag because I heard that got fixed

thanks!