Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

Will my PC Run this? What CPU/GPU to get? What settings? System Specifications.

I now got E8400 overclocked to 3.6, 2GB RAM, ati 4890 1GB, p5k mainboard.

If i want a computer that will drive ARMA2 at all on very high, 5000+ VD, some AA, 1920x1200 with

stable high fps, what would i have to buy to achive this without buying the most expensive hardware?

:)

I now got E8400 overclocked to 3.6, 2GB RAM, ati 4890 1GB, p5k mainboard.

If i want a computer that will drive ARMA2 at all on very high, 5000+ VD, some AA, 1920x1200 with

stable high fps, what would i have to buy to achive this without buying the most expensive hardware?

:)

I would start with research. that means you have to read. start by reading more posts in this thread.

You will find that no system can 'drive' arma2 on very high settings at 50 fps for every situation.

I play with all Very High settings save for AA Normal and PostProcessing Low

2500 viewdistance. The latest patch has increased the distances that many objects are drawn, so I had to drop my VD down from 3500 to save performance, but 2500m now looks 10x better than 3500m pre-105 patch

I estimate I average 30 fps in most situations.

my components work well together without making an obvious bottleneck.

my computer is not nearly top of the line.

xp32

evga 780i

C2D e7400 2.8 @ 3.8 (400fsb)

4gb Mushkin pc8500 (1066/533)

BFG GTX275

300gb WesterDigitial HDD

the answer to good performance doesn't always come from the latest hardware or newest operating system. I would call my performance good.

my videos for reference:

http://www.youtube.com/user/bigtires79

Take GTX 275 for sure

Thanks very much, i was leaning toward 4890 but reviews consistently show the GTX 275 is quicker.

One more question - are the Palit or Gainward branded GTX 275 (which are built using a custom cooler and GTX 285 PCB) any good?

Edited by irR4tiOn4L

Thanks very much, i was leaning toward 4890 but reviews consistently show the GTX 275 is quicker.

One more question - are the Palit or Gainward branded GTX 275 (which are built using a custom cooler and GTX 285 PCB) any good?

Sorry but I don't know much bout brand :(

Sorry but I don't know much bout brand :(

No prob, youve already helped a fair bit :)

Btw, can i ask what leads you to prefer the GTX 275 over the 4890 so decisively? Is it a personal experience or particular benchmarks?

cpu:x2 2.3 Ghz

GPU:nividia 8600 gt

3 gigs of ram with vista

I'm assuming I will run with in the 40 ish range with nothing going,but I'm afraid ill drop into the 20s with action going on which isn't really acceptable.

Sadly I won't be getting another job for the next two months or so, my really only options in the video card department is the gt220 but id rather just wait till i have money to get a mid range one

Hi there,

Tis my first post here and soon ill be receiving my new pc and arma 2 is looking pretty inviting. Unfortunately due to many reasons i wont bore you with, i had to get a pre-built pc from a store here in Nz. Here are the specs:

# 2.66Ghz Intel Core i7-920 processor

# 6GB DDR2 Ram

# 2 x PC Partner Radeon HD4850 1Gb DDR3 (Crossfire) 2GB Total

# Windows 7

# 20 inch monitor

This is the best i can get here with good finance deals and interest free. Im hoping the mobo it comes with doesnt bottleneck my performance to bad. (Or at all prefferably ^__^) Im also not really planning on overclocking either, well not yet anyway. Installing new cooling would void the warranty(only 1 year anyway) and its getting pretty hot here atm so even a minor oc might make things a bit toasty. Any idea on what settings ill most likely be able to use and what kinda performance im looking at? Thanks for any input!

p.s. My current pc is an absolute piece of chit. Im use to getting only 10-20 fps in a game so im fine with that ! :p

ArmA is meant to be multicore optimized. If that's true, it means that a Quad Core will be of much more use than a Dual Core, even if the latter is faster than the former. 550w should be more than enough for your configuration, assuming the PSU is of good quality (How old is the PSU?)

The big question here is what motherboard you have. Certain older chipsets may not be compatible with Quad Cores. Although the chances are that your motherboard will accept a quad core no problem.

cpu:x2 2.3 Ghz

GPU:nividia 8600 gt

3 gigs of ram with vista

I'm assuming I will run with in the 40 ish range with nothing going,but I'm afraid ill drop into the 20s with action going on which isn't really acceptable.

Sadly I won't be getting another job for the next two months or so, my really only options in the video card department is the gt220 but id rather just wait till i have money to get a mid range one

well if u insist on upgrade ur Video card, then how bout GTX 260 or gts 250 0r Geforce 9800 GTX+

From 8600 GT to GT220 , that will be no so much different...If money r the problem, u can take gts 250 or 9800 GTX+ , those two r not so expensive nowadays n both r the best mid range video card :rolleyes:

yeah GTS250 is a good card. It is a direct equivalent to the 9800GTX. Dont bother with anything lower than the GTS250, you will be disappointed.

I have an Intel Core2 t7600 @2.33 ghz.

3 Gig RAM.

Nvidia GeForce 8700m GT 512 x 2 (sli)

Windows XP

Is this sufficient to run ARMA2 at a decent levels of resolution etc?

I have an Intel Core2 t7600 @2.33 ghz.

3 Gig RAM.

Nvidia GeForce 8700m GT 512 x 2 (sli)

Windows XP

Is this sufficient to run ARMA2 at a decent levels of resolution etc?

Hi, welcome to the forum.

Is that a Laptop? Probably would run but at very low to low details and possibly not that well at all with lots of AI. Try the demo, if it runs horrendously then don't bother buying it. But if it runs ok then the full game should run a bit better.

Hello

Im one step from buying this computer , is this enough?

Do you think I could play at high level with no lags?

*Antec Three Hundred gaming chassi

*Corsair 550W nätdel,

* Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550, 4GB minne,

*AMD Radeon HD4870 1GB graphiccard,

*750GB S-ATA hårddisk,

*18X DVD

Second alternative:

Antec Three Hundred med Corsair 550W Miditower,

Intel Core i5 750 ,

4GB ram, ATI Radeon 4870 1GB,

8-kanaligt ljud

, GBLAN,

1TB S-ATA harddrive

, 18X DVD

Which is better and more optimized for ARMA2?

Oh and Happy new year everybody:)

Edited by Nikiforos

My System:

Intel Pentium D CPU 2.8 Ghz

4 GB RAM

ATI Radeon X1300/X1550

Windows Vista 32-bit

The game runs fairly fine. The only problems I have are:

a.) some of the trees cause a lot of lag to the point where I can't aim for crap

b.) using a scope can cause quite a bit of lag

c.) I would like to up the number of objects on screen

Would adding any of these to my shortcut help at all?

-maxMem=<number>

-winxp

-noCB

-cpuCount=X

This is what I presently use. I don't know if 512 is right but in ArmA it prevented it from crashing for me so.

-nosplash -maxmem=512  -cpuCount=2

Any help would be appreciated I am not too good at the hardware side of things.

Hello can i run this game ??

Processor: AMD Athlon II X2 240 Processor 2.80 ghz

Ram : 3 GB RAM DDR II

Grapicscard: 4350 Ati Radeon HD 1,6 GB

can you guyz tell me to run on medium or what???

thankyou guyz for everything

Yes, I think that should do. :)

Probably need to see a bit for yourself what settings are best for you though. At least medium should work.

Remember to patch up to 1.05 (www.arma2.com) before you start though.

Yes, I think that should do. :)

Probably need to see a bit for yourself what settings are best for you though. At least medium should work.

Remember to patch up to 1.05 (www.arma2.com) before you start though.

and btw i think my drivers our outdated of my videocard maybe how can you see when its outdated or not u know a website progam something?

Thankyou.

Hello

Im one step from buying this computer , is this enough?

Do you think I could play at high level with no lags?

*Antec Three Hundred gaming chassi

*Corsair 550W nätdel,

* Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550, 4GB minne,

*AMD Radeon HD4870 1GB graphiccard,

*750GB S-ATA hårddisk,

*18X DVD

Second alternative:

Antec Three Hundred med Corsair 550W Miditower,

Intel Core i5 750 ,

4GB ram, ATI Radeon 4870 1GB,

8-kanaligt ljud

, GBLAN,

1TB S-ATA harddrive

, 18X DVD

Which is better and more optimized for ARMA2?

The Core i5-750 one is the faster and therefore better choice. And no, you can't play "at high level with no lags", but you should be able to tune the graphics settings to get decent performance.

The game runs fairly fine.

Intel Pentium D CPU 2.8 Ghz

4 GB RAM

ATI Radeon X1300/X1550

Windows Vista 32-bit

Realy?

Try to start 3rd single player mission (counterattack as I remember). wait the intro is over. After disembarked look at houses (110 direction) and let me know how many fps you have.

I have :

C2D 6400@ 2,8GHz

4GB RAM

GF 8800 320MB

and got here about 16fps. Which is important it is independent on gfx settings. No difference between 1920x1200 and 800x600. Between very low and normal settings.

And I don't thing that 16fps is 'fairly fine'.

best regards

Realy?

Try to start 3rd single player mission (counterattack as I remember). wait the intro is over. After disembarked look at houses (110 direction) and let me know how many fps you have.

I have :

C2D 6400@ 2,8GHz

4GB RAM

GF 8800 320MB

and got here about 16fps. Which is important it is independent on gfx settings. No difference between 1920x1200 and 800x600. Between very low and normal settings.

And I don't thing that 16fps is 'fairly fine'.

best regards

I don't have an fps counter or anything but everything seemed fine. I could aim smoothly and everything. The only slow downs I have are with certain types of trees and large amounts of smoke (smoke grenades, buildings collapsing etc.) In Urban areas I run very smoothly even in Cherno.

Anyone know if any of those startup parameters would help?

Anyone with Radeon 5970 ?

I should get my new PC this friday, and will be Intel Core i5-750 and Sapphire Radeon 5970, and i just cant wait to see it.

Will i be finally able to get at least 40 FPS minimum at 1280x1024 and some reasonable details?

(i am thinking at least 2500m viewdistance, most options on High, maybe except postprocessing which i will prbably turn off anyway as i don't like the blur when zooming etc.)

I have been searching these forums, but it seems like there is nobody with 5970 and i find that hard to believe.

these are my specs with a pc I just ordered, will i be able to run it on high settings?

Intel® Core™ i7-processor 870 (2,93 GHz, 8 MB L3 cache)

12.288 MB 1.066 MHz Dual Channel DDR3 (2 x 4.096 MB + 2 x 2 GB)

1 GB NVIDIA GeForce GTS 240

thanks on advance!

Anyone with Radeon 5970 ?

I should get my new PC this friday, and will be Intel Core i5-750 and Sapphire Radeon 5970, and i just cant wait to see it.

Will i be finally able to get at least 40 FPS minimum at 1280x1024 and some reasonable details?

(i am thinking at least 2500m viewdistance, most options on High, maybe except postprocessing which i will prbably turn off anyway as i don't like the blur when zooming etc.)

I have been searching these forums, but it seems like there is nobody with 5970 and i find that hard to believe.

I got an Intel C2D E8400 3Ghz dual core CPU, and Sapphire Radeon 4890 with 1Gb memory, and I run game on high settings, and VD on 1600, FPS constantly over 40, expect in cities it can go belov 20, and I think its because of my low amount of RAM (2Gb) and not so new CPU.

I think you will be able to run the game as you wish, probably even higher. But ArmA2 has so bad optimisation that playing big missions is imposible, tho Richiespeed overclocked and played with 1500 AI, that was intresting.. :rolleyes:

these are my specs with a pc I just ordered, will i be able to run it on high settings?

Intel® Core™ i7-processor 870 (2,93 GHz, 8 MB L3 cache)

12.288 MB 1.066 MHz Dual Channel DDR3 (2 x 4.096 MB + 2 x 2 GB)

1 GB NVIDIA GeForce GTS 240

thanks on advance!

It is still possible to plays arma 2 on high settings but not all settings !!! of course antialiasing can't be on high if u want get playable fps.

Ur video card couldn't "equallying" ur procie , well if u have more money , u can upgrade it to at least gtx 275 and above , ur procie will work more effective that way ;)