Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

Will my PC Run this? What CPU/GPU to get? What settings? System Specifications.

Not sure if that would be run on max settings , but at least u can get most settings with very high with that resolution but maybe some option can't on very high.

Thanks SAS, I'll have to see how it go's on max settings. I should get it today and I downloaded the 1.5 patch last night, which said it had performace tweaks.

Very high settings on most things will still be good though :)

Hey guys, I've just overclocked my CPU for Arma 2, because I thought it was bottle-necking it. So my specs are now:

Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 2.4GHz @ 3.4GHz

XFX GeForce GTX 260 896MB

OCZ Reaper DDR2 4 x 1GB RAM 1066MHz

Windows XP Pro x64

Although I've got specs high enough to run Crysis on all high, I sometimes get badly struggling frame rates in Arma 2. Sometimes when in areas around Stary Sobor, my FPS has dropped down to 18. Sure, I can run it online no problem, because the server takes the load, but I can't enjoy single-player. Is this just bad optimisation, or what?

Hey guys, I've just overclocked my CPU for Arma 2, because I thought it was bottle-necking it. So my specs are now:

Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 2.4GHz @ 3.4GHz

XFX GeForce GTX 260 896MB

OCZ Reaper DDR2 4 x 1GB RAM 1066MHz

Windows XP Pro x64

Although I've got specs high enough to run Crysis on all high, I sometimes get badly struggling frame rates in Arma 2. Sometimes when in areas around Stary Sobor, my FPS has dropped down to 18. Sure, I can run it online no problem, because the server takes the load, but I can't enjoy single-player. Is this just bad optimisation, or what?

Sometime, in a big city it will impact on performance too...

My advice is try the latest patch 1.05 which had performance tweaks significant on big cities...

---------- Post added at 08:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:01 AM ----------

Thanks SAS, I'll have to see how it go's on max settings. I should get it today and I downloaded the 1.5 patch last night, which said it had performace tweaks.

Very high settings on most things will still be good though :)

Very high settings on most things r still a good visual quality, n one more thing :

high end spec don't guarantee u can play all games with max performance always, mind that other factor like hardware driver n harddisk condition r sometimes can improves performance too :D

There is a thread on 1.05 Benchmark Mission Results

Can you advise what FPS you get in multiplayer compared to those 2 benchmarks.

Will FPS in person vs. person MP (no AI) be equal to Bench1 results and CO-OP MP equal to Bench2 results? Or they will be lower and if lower than by what percentage approximately?

I have studied this thread but very few give their figures for FPS in MP and probably after .04 and .05 patches recommendations may have changed a bit.

It would be nice to know how the benchmarks relate to MP performance for those who does not have the game yet.

I plan to upgrade my system for ArmA and would like to know that rig would give me 35+ FPS in PvP MP and 25+ in CO-OP. I have got an idea that I do not necessarily have to spend on i7@4Ghz and quad sli/cross (I hope so as I can not afford it before summer maybe), but there are many different opinions and not enough figures as people often do not mention their resolution, patch version and mode they play in in this thread.

What are your expectations regarding Operation Arrowhead performance? I know BIS said that the requirements will not change but... Is it worth waiting for its release before upgrading (playing ArmA I meanwhile :D)? Is it expected early 2010?

Thank you for your help.

Hi guys. Im new to the forum and have a question for you guys about my computer and whether or not I can run this "Must have" game because I must have it! I am on an older computer because my new one went out on me and I can afford to get it fixed. I have a AMD that is 2ghz with 1GB RAM and a Geforce 6600 with 512MB. Now my CPU is older and I know it doesnt have the core 2 or 4 stuff. But everything is up to date. I can overclock the Video Card if needed because its a ASUS and came with the software to do it with. What I need to know is will this system run this game??? Im disabled and on a very very fixed income so I cant afford to buy anything that wont run. Thanks in adance for your time and help.

Hi guys. Im new to the forum and have a question for you guys about my computer and whether or not I can run this "Must have" game because I must have it! I am on an older computer because my new one went out on me and I can afford to get it fixed. I have a AMD that is 2ghz with 1GB RAM and a Geforce 6600 with 512MB. Now my CPU is older and I know it doesnt have the core 2 or 4 stuff. But everything is up to date. I can overclock the Video Card if needed because its a ASUS and came with the software to do it with. What I need to know is will this system run this game??? Im disabled and on a very very fixed income so I cant afford to buy anything that wont run. Thanks in adance for your time and help.

unfortunately ur video card is far below minimum requirement n Im not sure it will help ifu overclocking it too...ur procie as well a single core , minimum requirement for single core is at least run at 3 Ghz or in dual core at least 2 Ghz

Hi everybody,in particular to Special Air Service :) ,

I've just bought a new notebook the Asus G51J-IX097V:

Intel@Core i7-720QM 1.6GHz turbo boost up to 2.8GHz ; 4GB DDR3 1066MHz ; NVIDIA GeForce GTX260M 1GB DDR3 VRAM turbocache 2304MB ; Hd 640Gb (320GBx2) 7200 RPM ; Blue Ray ; SO Win7 premium 64-Bit.

What do you think about this notebook , can I run Arma2 whith this , I mean at medium \high quality...I know a notebook is not for gaming but... no choice :)

Thanks in advance

cheers

Edited by massi

Intel@Core i7-720QM 1.6GHz turbo boost up to 2.8GHz ; 4GB DDR3 1066MHz ; NVIDIA GeForce GTX260M 1GB DDR3 VRAM turbocache 2304MB ; Hd 640Gb (320GBx2) 7200 RPM ; Blue Ray ; SO Win7 premium 64-Bit.

What do you think about this notebook , can I run Arma2 whith this , I mean at medium \high quality...I know a notebook is not for gaming but... no choice :)

Thanks in advance

cheers

I doubt high, but maybe on low/disabled/medium

Thanks in advance

cheers

for sure it can run arma 2 well, but maybe u can't on very high with good performance too...

High is the most possible settings for ur notebook as well with good performance too :)

well at least most of the settings can be set at high , still a good visual quality

Edited by Special_Air_Service

I have one question. When the optimize processor i7860 arma2 ?

CPU Core i7-860

DDR-3 4G

Z0TAC GeForse GTX 295 1792Mb

HDD 750 Gb

samsung 23 1920x1080

8(

Thank you very much kristian an Special Air Service!

cheers :)

massi

Okay previously, when Arma 2 first came out I ran with this PC

Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 3.2Ghz

GeForce 8800GTX then GTX 275 896mb

4gb DDR2 Ram 800Mhz

Creative X-Fi Fatility Pro

Windows Vista SP2 32Bit

Latest Nvidia Drivers and Game Updates

Res 1440x900

Tried to run with everything on Very High except Shadows and AA on Normal.

View Distance 2500.

The game was choppy, especially in heavily forested areas.

My New Com:

Intel Core i7 860 stock speed

GTX 275 896mb

4Gb DDR3 Ram 1600Mhz

Windows 7 Professional 64Bit

Lastest Nvidia Drivers and 1.05 Patch

Res 1360x768

View Distance 2009.

The game was choppy, especially in heavily forested areas, but abit less than previously. I switched everything to High except Shadows and AA on Normal again, and got the same FPS when I ran the Arma 2 Benchmark 1. Game was still choppy especially in the beginning forested area.

Can you guys help me with this, tell me What settings should I have Exactly, such that I can get the best visuals and still have above average smooth performance/gameplay?

I really don't know what I am doing wrong here. I would think that my PC would be able to run everything on very high with those specs. I really hope to fix this so I can really start playing the game I bought about 5 months ago. I've barely had the mood to finish the first 2 campaign missions due to the performance. The same thing happened with Arma 1 with my first PC. It can be quite disheartening and disappointing sometimes especially since I love BIS and OpFlash 1 / Arma so much.

All help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks guys.

I tried to configure any. don't get it. arma 2 and processor i7 860 are not compatible.

We just unlucky :computer:

can I solve this problem?

Hello everyone and Merry Christmas :)

I need some help and some advice cause Im about to buy a computer and Im lost in the jungle :confused:.

My budget allows my to spend maximum 800-850 euros and the reason I want to buy a new computer is so I could play ArmaII almost at highest level.

What kind of processor do you guys recommend?

Graphic card?

Thank you in advance :)

Okay previously, when Arma 2 first came out I ran with this PC

Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 3.2Ghz

GeForce 8800GTX then GTX 275 896mb

4gb DDR2 Ram 800Mhz

Windows Vista SP2 32Bit

Latest Nvidia Drivers and Game Updates

Res 1440x900

View Distance 2500.

The game was choppy, especially in heavily forested areas.

My New Com:

Intel Core i7 860 stock speed

GTX 275 896mb

4Gb DDR3 Ram 1600Mhz

Windows 7 Professional 64Bit

Lastest Nvidia Drivers and 1.05 Patch

Res 1360x768

View Distance 2009.

The game was choppy, especially in heavily forested areas, but abit less than previously. I switched everything to High except Shadows and AA on Normal again, and got the same FPS when I ran the Arma 2 Benchmark 1. Game was still choppy especially in the beginning forested area.

Can you guys help me with this, tell me What settings should I have Exactly, such that I can get the best visuals and still have above average smooth performance/gameplay?

I really don't know what I am doing wrong here. I would think that my PC would be able to run everything on very high with those specs. I really hope to fix this so I can really start playing the game I bought about 5 months ago. I've barely had the mood to finish the first 2 campaign missions due to the performance. The same thing happened with Arma 1 with my first PC. It can be quite disheartening and disappointing sometimes especially since I love BIS and OpFlash 1 / Arma so much.

All help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks guys.

As I say before, sometimes high end PC which like yours doesn't guarantee that u will get great performance besides good visual quality too...

Try this , defrag all ur harddisk especially where ArmA 2 belongs to and the second way is u can use gamebooster from www.IObit.com...

It is free , safe and much helped in performance...

---------- Post added at 08:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:26 AM ----------

Hello everyone and Merry Christmas :)

I need some help and some advice cause Im about to buy a computer and Im lost in the jungle :confused:.

My budget allows my to spend maximum 800-850 euros and the reason I want to buy a new computer is so I could play ArmaII almost at highest level.

What kind of processor do you guys recommend?

Graphic card?

Thank you in advance :)

Nvidia GTX 295 is the best choice for u mate :D

I tried to configure any. don't get it. arma 2 and processor i7 860 are not compatible.

We just unlucky :computer:

can I solve this problem?

I heard this problem from another Corei7 too, u can try add "-cpucount=" , this may help to increase ur performance...

Try search it in another thread like "Armaholic arma 2 optimization", it is discussed in there so u can get brighter solution for ur problem :D

OK here's a few tips from someone who runs pretty much everything on low/very low:

1. Turn AA off or keep it minimal: AA isn't well implemented and kills perfomance. You can do this via the .config file located in the Arma 2 folder located in "User" Documents (FSAA=0,1,2,3,4).

2. Try lowering HDR in the same way as AA in the config.

3. Add the line "scene_Complexity=40000/80000/120000;" (just one of the numbers at a time and without the speech marks) and experiment by lowering this number by 40,000 at a time.

4. Try lowering the texture setting as there is minimal difference between high and normal and experiment with lowering the terrain and object detail (hopefully will give you a big performance boost).

5. And lastly, if all else fails, lower the VD. Sure, it might not be fun or realistic when jets disappear 1km away or you can only snipe from 500m but this usually gives you some extra FPS.

Anyway give these a try and I hope they help. Best wishes for the New Year :)

Edited by Mr.X

Whether the problem with the I7 860 processor optimization and ARMA 2

Edited by chehotela

I have a few questions. I have a i7 720 stock speed , 4 gb RAM and a GTS250 . Getting 39 fps in the first benchmark 1680. Would overclocking ( which I have no idea how to do ) increase this to 50, 55 perhaps ?. (Settings all on high with 1800 vd)

In heavyish battles I average about 30 though the main campaign is a sluggish mid 20s. The 1.05 patch didnt do a great deal.

Am I right too assume that future patches will squeeze more performance out ?, this is a major factor in me downloading ACE2 as I can only assume performance is hit even further with this mod. Thanks.....

@cartier90

Well looking at the original ARMA, the patches did increase performance but only after about a dozen and a year and a half later, but it did improve. I OC'ed my poor e2200 and while there was an increase in FPS it was fairly minimal and unless you do it properly i wouldn't recommend it, especially with an i7. If you know how to turn HT (Hyper Threading) off do it as there has been reports of increased performance when this is off. Read my post above for more ideas and try reading the related performance posts located in the ARMA 2->General section.

Hi All, great thread...I'm looking to only upgrade either the cpu or the gpu:

mobo:gigabyte ep35-ds3l

memory:2x1gb 800mhz DDR2 Kingston ram

vid card:gigabyte 8800gt 512mb

cpu:intel e4600 c2d @ 2.66ghz

FYI, my motherboard doesn't support any of the i5 or i7 processors :(

Which would I see the most results from upgrading? I'm all about bang for buck, and I'd like to keep my budget ~$200, but I don't want to spend that money in vain so I'm willing to raise my budget a little if needed. Thanks...

Hi All, great thread...I'm looking to only upgrade either the cpu or the gpu:

mobo:gigabyte ep35-ds3l

memory:2x1gb 800mhz DDR2 Kingston ram

vid card:gigabyte 8800gt 512mb

cpu:intel e4600 c2d @ 2.66ghz

FYI, my motherboard doesn't support any of the i5 or i7 processors :(

Which would I see the most results from upgrading? I'm all about bang for buck, and I'd like to keep my budget ~$200, but I don't want to spend that money in vain so I'm willing to raise my budget a little if needed. Thanks...

it is more important to upgrade ur procie than ur video card , since ur video card is capable enough.

I suggest take Core2Quad q8200 which r low energy supply needed so I think u don't need to replace ur PSU as well.

Hi everyone, im looking to improve my Arma 2 (and general gaming) experience with a moderate upgrade. Im having trouble finding performance information on Arma 2 however.

Here is my current system:

P35 based motherboard (Asus Blitz Formula)

E4300 1.8ghz Cpu overclocked to 3.1ghz

4gb of DDR 2 800mhz ram, however the front side bus and ram are highly overclocked

7200rpm 1tb Samsung drive, with a high density per platter - so fairly high performance

Soundblaster X-Fi extreme music soundcard

8800 GTS 640mb video card, but i also have an 8800 GTX 768mb card that i can put back in

Windows XP 32 bit - i can put Windows 7 in, but i prefer XP to be honest (and its faster)

Now I think this was a very decent system, especially because it was bought when Core2's and G80's first came out and provided excellent bang for buck. However, i recognise that some parts are now becoming long in tooth.

In my opinion however, upgrading the motherboard or Ram to DDR3 is not going to change much, and while something like a Core 2 E8400 overclocked to ~4ghz would provide a meaningful boost, it would be a fairly expensive upgrade.

For these reasons, ive narrowed down my upgrade to a video card up to around $250 AU. These are the cards i was looking at, in this order

Ati 4890

Nvidia GTX 275

Nvidia GTX 260 216sp

Ati 5770

Ati 4870

Ati 4850

The lower down the list i go, the more i save obviously.

What i would like is some advice or better yet, a benchmark comparison between these video cards in Arma 2 - is it worth making this upgrade? What video card should i upgrade to before it becomes a waste of money and overkill?

Thanks!

Hi everyone, im looking to improve my Arma 2 (and general gaming) experience with a moderate upgrade. Im having trouble finding performance information on Arma 2 however.

Here is my current system:

P35 based motherboard (Asus Blitz Formula)

E4300 1.8ghz Cpu overclocked to 3.1ghz

4gb of DDR 2 800mhz ram, however the front side bus and ram are highly overclocked

7200rpm 1tb Samsung drive, with a high density per platter - so fairly high performance

Soundblaster X-Fi extreme music soundcard

8800 GTS 640mb video card, but i also have an 8800 GTX 768mb card that i can put back in

Windows XP 32 bit - i can put Windows 7 in, but i prefer XP to be honest (and its faster)

Now I think this was a very decent system, especially because it was bought when Core2's and G80's first came out and provided excellent bang for buck. However, i recognise that some parts are now becoming long in tooth.

In my opinion however, upgrading the motherboard or Ram to DDR3 is not going to change much, and while something like a Core 2 E8400 overclocked to ~4ghz would provide a meaningful boost, it would be a fairly expensive upgrade.

For these reasons, ive narrowed down my upgrade to a video card up to around $250 AU. These are the cards i was looking at, in this order

Ati 4890

Nvidia GTX 275

Nvidia GTX 260 216sp

Ati 5770

Ati 4870

Ati 4850

The lower down the list i go, the more i save obviously.

What i would like is some advice or better yet, a benchmark comparison between these video cards in Arma 2 - is it worth making this upgrade? What video card should i upgrade to before it becomes a waste of money and overkill?

Thanks!

Take GTX 275 for sure