Sign in to follow this  
Misfit Leader

ArmA II release date discussion thread

It's been the same release date on play.com since mid February.

I got lucky and pre-ordered it before the price went up.

ArmA2PreOrder.jpg

505games have removed release date - its now "To Be Announced".

God damn

Hopefully to be moved to an earlier date. :D

Personally, I'm willing to wait if that means that it's gonna be polished in every aspect.

Polished? What planet are you from?!

When a developer delays a game to do "polish", that means it's pre-alpha (not feature complete yet). In this day and age you're lucky if the gold disc is a mature beta, doesn't bring 2 year old hardware to it's knees on lowest settings and gameplay doesn't flow like a river of bricks.

Polished? What planet are you from?!

When a developer delays a game to do "polish", that means it's pre-alpha (not feature complete yet). In this day and age you're lucky if the gold disc is a mature beta, doesn't bring 2 year old hardware to it's knees on lowest settings and gameplay doesn't flow like a river of bricks.

No reason for hard feelings. BIS have their reasons for delaying it.

What delays? Who said delay? How can you delay anything before having an official release date? No, 505 games don't count.

No, 505 games don't count.

What?

A publisher's decision on when to publish the game doesn't count? ;)

Nope, because the developer is the one making the game. They have the most accurate release date. The publisher can give a date, but if the product isn't ready, it just isn't ready. I'd rather wait for an offical word from BIS than 505.

The publisher has the final call for the release date.

The publisher has the final call for the release date.

Yep, and the publisher won't know anything until the developer's product has gone gold. :)

always better and improved game than rushed release ...

ofcourse DNF delays aren't welcome either ;)

Nope, because the developer is the one making the game. They have the most accurate release date. The publisher can give a date, but if the product isn't ready, it just isn't ready. I'd rather wait for an offical word from BIS than 505.
Is it EVER ready? ... because there is always something to improve, tweak, try, add, extra, you name it

We can wait till 2011, and ArmA2 will have 55 missions, playable from both sides, and 188 side missions. Who needs an editor? lol

Wow, is it possible they moved it up, instead of back? That is hard to believe, but I'll try :). Awaiting the 'Gold' status on pins and needles, and prepared for delay for better product.. (have a freekin chew toy and 1/2 gallon of vodka for the wait)

I certainly hope they moved the release date up. I'm not sure if I can wait until june! ;)

Here's a "rough" English translation of the Slovak preview.

http://translate.google.com/translate?prev=hp&hl=en&js=n&u=http%3A%2F%2Fhry.sme.sk%2Fc%2F4592873%2Farma-ii-dobrovolne-zelene-mozgy.html&sl=sk&tl=en

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a May 2009 release. :yay:

And it says PC and 360 (again 360? seems like simultanious rls is surfacing more and more, i hope so)

And it says PC and 360 (again 360? seems like simultanious rls is surfacing more and more, i hope so)

btw on the main site is says ''PC and Consoles release date TBD''

it says both pc and consoles, so there is just as much chance for a console version to release on the same day as the pc version.

Right?

Considering all the previews out and the writing on top of the screen saying Preview Copy it pretty much tells you that the game is done. Usually when preview copies are out and about there isnt a lot of change between that copy and the full game. So if they removed the date from the official sites then its probably gonna be out before June or earlier June.

Be prepeared for a gold announcement :D

May would be so nice. Maybe they are trying to get it out before OFP2.