Sign in to follow this  
Misfit Leader

ArmA II release date discussion thread

May would be so nice. Maybe they are trying to get it out before OFP2.
Makes sense.

Btw, there was a (now deleted) rumour that OFPDR was delayed to 30 sept 2009

(i saw his post before deletion, it seemed credible)

A May release would be ultra sweet, preferrably around May 20th so I can spend my long weekend playing non-stop. :D

If there is no long weekend on during its release, I will make my own long weekend. :D

Maybe they are trying to get it out before OFP2.

That could be a good decision in terms of number of sales, considering that a lot of people will only buy the first who cames out. I've already saw it stated by users on the Dragon Rising's forum.

What I saw from the previews and videos, let me to think that ARMA II is almost final. Considering this I'd say that they will keep the release date of 26th June. But if Dragon Rising's will be delayed until Q4, maybe BIS will use the extra time to improve the game. I'll stay with the first.

But be prepared, as usual, to have some bugs and improvements needed. But as always BIS will fix most. I bet there will be an expansion later with a lot of improvements. That's OK with me.

Edited by Von_Paulus
bad spelling

I doubt that BIS is doing major features on this game now. As you said considering the footage, videos and amount of previews the game is just about finished. What they are probably doing now is hardcore play testing to find game breaking bugs and looking at the response from the previews. Even if OFPDR would be delayed BIS wouldnt (in my mind) start on some new features and extend their release (and I dont believe they have rushed it so far).

The advantage BIS has is that they are working in an upgraded engine which they are very familiar with. That shortens development by miles, im still guessing we will see a GOLD announcement soon.

that site you posted on the first page now says

"RELEASE

To Be Announced"

amazon.de is still @ 29. May ... hehe i hope its not 2010 ... anyway i will get it for 20bucks less there :P

amazon.de is still @ 29. May ... hehe i hope its not 2010 ... anyway i will get it for 20bucks less there :P

Only if you buy it with a amazon credit card, which will cost you money after the first year...

max, see my other post on xbox concerns. Don't trust IGN. They also show the same thing for PS3, and we know it's 99.99% sure not coming to the PS3.

If it does, I'll eat my laptop.

MMmmmmm, sounds tasty.

... considering that a lot of people will only buy the first who cames out. I've already saw it stated by users on the Dragon Rising's forum.

Well, I for one am looking forward to both.

I'm only familiar with the original OFP which I had on PC and Xbox. I missed Arma as I'd moved away from PC gaming due to the constant need to upgrade. At least with a console you get a set standard of gaming for 5 years or so.

I've stumbled upon these 2 titles because I hate CoD (Haddock is much nicer and not endangered) and Halo. My friends are always on at me to buy them. When World at War was released I got the usual torrent of "get it it's awesome" and this time I remembered to point out that war games should be like Operation Flashpoint.

The blank faces and "what's that?" expression dissappointed me. So I went on tinternet and googled. I then found out about Arma and OFP: DR.

I read about the fallout between Bohemia and Codemasters. And the years of one upmanship that have ensued.

Anywho, I'm buying Arma to support Bohemia Interactive as they, in my opinion, set the standard for combat games years ago and nothing come close since. Yes there was Arma but like I said, I missed it.

I'm sorry to say on this forum but I will also buy OFP: DR. Part of me wants to ignore this title on principle of the fact they are abusing their right to a name. That said, from what information I have come across, CM have been developing on the XBox 360, not PC. This is their benchmark so to speak as they probably see that this is where the "money" is. As I am a 360 gamer, I can only see that this will benefit me.

Sorry if I've gone off track but...

...I'm sure I read somewhere 1st May when I googled "xbox 360 release dates". Wishful thinking. As is so often the case these days. Can't remember what site it was.

An official announcement would be really nice though.

Makes sense.

Btw, there was a (now deleted) rumour that OFPDR was delayed to 30 sept 2009

(i saw his post before deletion, it seemed credible)

All the info I've seen on this subject recently says Q3 2009. Even the official website suggests such. It says Summer 09 last time I checked. And the first time I looked (last year) it was claiming sometime in 2008.

Let's have a big cheer for the games industry and their delays.

MMmmmmm, sounds tasty.

Yes it would be.....

It's an Apple!

:yay::yay::yay:

Damn! TBA now!

I wonder how the telephone conversation went between BI and 505 Games.

One ringing dinging (snort), Two Ringing Dinging (snort)........... (Laugh-In Fans Know what I am talking about)

"Hello! 505 Games, how may I help you!"

"Hi, this BI, WTF ARE YOU DOING!, MAY 26TH!, ARE YOU NUTS?!"

I actually wish they delayed it a month or two, as I have a sneaking fear that they wont have time to make a representable and somewhat bug-free game to May/June.

Its just a feeling I have though, for all I know, they could have made amazing progress lately. But releasing another bug ridden game wouldn't be very good.

Yes it would be.....

It's an Apple!

Swine!

I want one, well a desktop, not a lappy. Very good for music things you see. I'm currently getting by with a P4HT for my pro tools and very old version of logic audio but would love a Mac. Can't really justify the £2000 for what is essentially now an occasional hobby. He says sitting next to an abundance of technology that cost an arm and a leg over the years.

Maybe, oneday, if it becomes more involved in my work...but that's another story not relating to release dates of computer games. Apologies.

505 GAMES ARMED FOR ARMA II

MILITARY SIMULATION SHOOTER IS GIVEN 26TH JUNE RELEASE DATE

Milton Keynes, 29th April 2009 - 505 Games and Bohemia Interactive today confirmed 26th June as the long anticipated European release date for ArmA II. The sequel to Bohemia Interactive’s celebrated military shooter promises to deliver more of the authentic battlefield experience the series is famed for, while developing each area of game play with expansive new features.

:bounce3:

source:

http://www.vg247.com/2009/04/29/arma-ii-out-june-26-in-europe/

Southy :)

colossus: that was just 505, and they later changed it to TBA, so it might as well have been postponed. This is the official date now.

There will be no demo far i know ,but good is BIS confirmed the release date (finally):cool:

“ArmA has such a vociferous community behind it that we new we had to get this one absolutely right. We are confident that the dedicated fans won’t be disappointed as will as any newcomers to the series.â€
vociferous = lärmend, lautstark (noisy, very loud)

:D

I see forward to a somehow military thriller like storyline, ala some Tom Clancy wish-wash.. just better ...

Edited by PhilippRauch