Jump to content
Placebo

The all new: Ask a moderator about the forum & rules

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

@NlaEid If you are referring to:
 

Quote

Outdated ACE mod is causing a cyclic redundancy check error when I launch the game.


then no restrictions are in place on either your account or the thread. You have however been advised to read our rules as you violated them by "bumping" your post. This is explicitly prohibited in our rules. 

Regarding active moderators, if you look at the posts above yours, those are the most active. The staff list is not organised in any way. Your top 5 however will be:

Homesick
R0adki11
FallujahMedic -FM-
Dedmen
Yoshi_E

Edited by Yoshi_E
added Links to profiles
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So @FallujahMedic -FM- or any other mod, can you explain to me how a DMCA being filed on a mod (USP) is enough proof for you guys to ban it's content from the forums? It's a fraudulent DMCA in the first place, but anyways wouldn't it be better to wait and see the actual outcome of the DMCA? Is the policy guilty until proven innocent?

 

And why was the RHS thread not locked and the pictures removed from the photography thread when the had (another fraudulent) DMCA against them?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BLACKOUT... said:

So @FallujahMedic -FM- or any other mod, can you explain to me how a DMCA being filed on a mod (USP) is enough proof for you guys to ban it's content from the forums? It's a fraudulent DMCA in the first place, but anyways wouldn't it be better to wait and see the actual outcome of the DMCA? Is the policy guilty until proven innocent?

 

And why was the RHS thread not locked and the pictures removed from the photography thread when the had (another fraudulent) DMCA against them?

 

USP are not banned, they are hidden until the DMCA is resolved. Please see the photography thread for clarification. I don't recall RHS having a similar, so can't confirm that action wasn't done previous. However please understand we had a different head moderator at the time, so certain guidelines/rules were different.

 

  • Confused 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, R0adki11 said:

 

USP are not banned, they are hidden until the DMCA is resolved. Please see the photography thread for clarification -

I should have said temporally banned. I've already seen that response but it still doesn't change the fact that USP content is being hidden without any proof of wrong doing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Foxone said:

And why is that?? The thread was supposed to be unlocked upon release, which has happened 5 days ago now.... You guys expect us to follow your rules but when it comes to promises and agreed terms you ignore those?!

 

I can on apologise if your thread has not been unlocked, but as said previously we have been waiting for the Head Moderator @Homesick to unlock it. Please take this issue up with him. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, R0adki11 said:

 

I can on apologise if your thread has not been unlocked, but as said previously we have been waiting for the Head Moderator @Homesick to unlock it. Please take this issue up with him. 

Thanks, will do

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, FallujahMedic -FM- said:

The USP thread is still currently locked by the head moderator which prohibits the showcasing of USP content. 

 

Yes, your head moderator which has still yet to respond to my request to have our thread unlocked, which he was made aware of the day of release as confirmed by moderators here. Which is quite surprising due to the fact that it was part of an agreement from his moderation team that the thread would be unlocked upon release. But now he just ignores us and doesn't even offer any type of response? So how again are we supposed to get the thread unlocked?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, FallujahMedic -FM- said:

Until it has been unlocked, you are prohibited from posting on it. 

 

 

Well....isn't that what being locked means after all? You're not telling me something I don't already know here. Just more misdirection

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Siege-A said:

Does deleting comments in favor of placing your own make you feel better about yourself?

 

Unnecessary comments will be removed. 

 

As stated previously, it is out of the hands of the moderation team. We are waiting for the thread to be unlocked as much as you are. I can appreciate that the situation is not helpful, but please be patient and wait for the thread to be re-opened. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, R0adki11 said:

 

Unnecessary comments will be removed. 

 

As stated previously, it is out of the hands of the moderation team. We are waiting for the thread to be unlocked as much as you are. I can appreciate that the situation is not helpful, but please be patient and wait for the thread to be re-opened. 

 

I appreciate the actual direct and informational reply, thank you Roadkill. The rest of the answers we were being given just seemed like it was of no value to the question itself. And we will be patient, as we have been over the course of all of this, to await a response from @Homesick

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, x_DarkSpecter_x said:

Cool delete my comment without answering a genuine question because you guys lack a sense of humor and can't have people calling you out on your BS 😉

 

Your previous comment was removed from the  thread as your broke the following forum rules:

 

Quote

Offensive content, flaming, privacy:

Material that is overly sexual, graphic, obscene, racist, or otherwise overly discriminatory is not permitted on these forums. Any material which constitutes defamation, harassment, abuse or slander, towards developers, staff or users, is strictly prohibited; this includes the Personal Message service, do not post private messages or user pictures. Flamebaiting is not allowed. Please do not post any personal or identifying information such as postal addresses, IPs or UIDs.

Quote

 

17) No public discussion on how the forum is moderated

If you have questions/complaints/comments about the board or moderators please PM them to a moderator, we will do our utmost to reply to any that we receive. If you have an issue that you feel cannot be solved by another moderator then please PM the head moderator ( @BIS_Homesick ), he will be happy to look into the matter. You may also ask your questions in the "Ask a mod" thread; however that thread is not to be used to attack/rant against specific moderators or about specific rules but more for questions/answers.

 

 

Regarding pictures of USP Addons in the Arma3 Photography Thread, it was stated that in Comment thread, that they have only been hidden until the DMCA issue is resolved.

 

 

Your other question buried within the inappropriate comments has already been answered, 2 posts above you.

 

9 hours ago, R0adki11 said:

 

As stated previously, it is out of the hands of the moderation team. We are waiting for the thread to be unlocked as much as you are. I can appreciate that the situation is not helpful, but please be patient and wait for the thread to be re-opened. 

 

Just to go further on what i said previously, the volunteer community members who are moderators are waiting for the head moderator to unlock the thread. It can only be unlocked by the head moderator. Hopefully that answers your question now.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, R0adki11 said:

 

Your previous comment was removed from the  thread as your broke the following forum rules:

 

 

 

 

 

Just for my own education so I don't make the mistake again, exactly which rule was it that I broke? You can't just say "you broke this rule" that has 7+ rules inside of it and call it good. I assume the rule was broken when I made the clear (and it was clear, 2x using the word "sarcasm" in the same sentence make that impossible to be misconstrued) joke about a moderator here, correct? Which was definitely not "overly sexual, graphic, obscene, racist, or otherwise overly discriminatory." Nor do I believe it should constitute some sort of character assassination such as defamation or slander because it was not a false statement, it was clearly a joke. I would also have very strong arguments against "harassment" and "abuse" but I'll let you answer before I just go into that. Or was it that you guys didn't like me mentioning the clear bias against the USP team on these forums? Or calling out the frequent rule changes that seem to always affect them? 

 

I know it may sound like I'm trying to start shit, but I'm genuinely not and I apologize if I come across that way. However I will defend myself (and the hard work of the USP team) until shown clear wrongdoing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, x_DarkSpecter_x said:

 


Just for my own education so I don't make the mistake again, exactly which rule was it that I broke? You can't just say "you broke this rule" that has 7+ rules inside of it and call it good. I assume the rule was broken when I made the clear (and it was clear, 2x using the word "sarcasm" in the same sentence make that impossible to be misconstrued) joke about a moderator here, correct? Which was definitely not "overly sexual, graphic, obscene, racist, or otherwise overly discriminatory." Nor do I believe it should constitute some sort of character assassination such as defamation or slander because it was not a false statement, it was clearly a joke. I would also have very strong arguments against "harassment" and "abuse" but I'll let you answer before I just go into that.

 

Although you say it was a 'joke', your comments were not funny in any shape or form. It was aimed at one moderator in particular, who you were trying to flame-bait and provoke a response. In doing so your broke our forum rules. To identify which rules, as per the forum rules post. They are rule 1 and rule 17.

 

Quote

Or was it that you guys didn't like me mentioning the clear bias against the USP team on these forums? Or calling out the frequent rule changes that seem to always affect them? 

 

There is no clear bias towards the USP team on these forums. As you are not aware of the full facts i would appreciate that you don't insinuate what is or has happened. Also discussion of our forum rules is not appreciated, as per our forum rules. Rather than posting what you did, it would have been more sensible to have contacted our head moderator to discuss the matter in question.

 

Quote

I know it may sound like I'm trying to start shit, but I'm genuinely not and I apologize if I come across that way. However I will defend myself (and the hard work of the USP team) until shown clear wrongdoing. 

 

I am sorry to say, but you really have approached this whole issue in the wrong way, the apology is somewhat late as the damage has already been done. If you had conducted yourself in a more civil manner, i would have hoped that the whole thing could have been handled more amicably. You are free to defend yourself however you must remember to abide by the forum rules and guidelines

  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Insulting a moderator and adding sarcasm tags will make it OK? Good luck with that.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have taken this discussion to private messages with Siege-A. I have been away for the past 2 weeks hence why I haven't answered to this before now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/11/2019 at 11:18 PM, R0adki11 said:

I don't recall RHS having a similar, so can't confirm that action wasn't done previous. However please understand we had a different head moderator at the time, so certain guidelines/rules were different.

Indeed we had someone fill a false DMCA as a "joke" / "retribution" for me taking down a "community" SW reupload. While this has been solved between myself and Steam and the sorry bloke who false miss-represented ownership (and as such was 100% liable for damages), it did took quite a bit of time and effort to get Valve's moderating team to sort it all out.

BI had no knowledge or involvement, and why would they since they do not own RHS IP rights for any of our bespoke content.


I would really appreciate some proper information about these certain guidelines and rules that have changed though, considering the following:

a. anyone can fill up a false DMCA, without even being logged in into a steam account. It's more of a nuisance than anything else. Why would anyone from BI take any sort of action on their official channels considering:

- BI team (dev, PR/ marketing and legal included) has no  moderation tools or say about anything related to Steam Workshop. They are also 100% out of the loop in regards to what happens in regards to 3rd party IP rights, the DMCA that are being filled on a daily basis etc

- BI has failed multiple times to take real actions against people who are abusing and/or monetizing other people's content despite multiple reports that have been made along the past years. I find this sudden involvement worrying considering there is no official stance about it, and it feels to be even more relaxed than it used to be.

b. It used to be pretty straight forwards - people who have been caught stealing other people work, using ripped content from freebies websites and other games etc were getting a swift ban hammer. Despite that, everyone used to be treated the same until proven guilty.

 

Just to be clear - I am not taking anyone's sides here, i have zero involvement with USP, i just want some clarification in regards to what changed, and what didn't, since i am the person that deals with anything related to legal matters within RHS team. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×