Placebo

New Forums: Feedback thread - Bugs/Suggestions here please.

I just want to say something: 
I don't like it how people react on the internet. It really grinds my gear to see people acting REALLY rude about the new forum software. Sure, not everything works well but sh*t happens. Its not like YOU people loose money because of it. You guys can be happy that the mods in this forum are patient and really nice people. They try to react fast and always try to help one out! 

I really don't hate the new forum software, in fact I actually like it. It looks modern and fits in to the whole Arma 3 style. 
Don't understand me wrong, I encountered bugs, too. But for me, these bugs have been solved pretty quickly (okay I still wait for email notifications for threads! xD). 

I don't think the people behind that forum are threaded right with all the hate going on in the last days. If everybody who opens a new damn thread "I want the old forum back...bahbahbah" would actually try to help out in here, everything would go MUCH faster. But no, thats not the internet. Everything new on the internet needs to be hated. 

I just want to give my feedback on the new forum. I like it. I know there are bugs which really sucks, but also I know what it takes to manage a forum (and a switch from one forum software to another). 
I hope the Bohemia people don't take all the hate (I don't include constructive criticism in here) to serious and keep on being the cool and helpful stuff they were!

Many Greetings
Moony

• Like 1

"View New Content" -> "Filter By Forum" (Time period: Past Year) -> select (for example) "Arma 3" and "Arma 3 Editing" -> save -> message: "Sorry, no new content found."

Aren't these selections of subforums supposed to autoselect all of their related topics?

Regards.

Instant notification by email are not working for me.

EDIT: and so classy to be reminded of my warning more than six years ago.

• Like 1

Was able to login now. Took me some time until I realized login wants an email adress, not user name. I thought opera was broken, because login button was defunct because of my mistake...

Forum is OK for me, BUT that tons of wasted vertical space should be fixed.

In Firefox, AdBlock Plus prevents logins to the forums.  Disable AdBlock for forums.bistudio.com and logins work fine. 

After having no issues for several days, this happened to me again yesterday.  Nothing happens when you click Log In after entering e-mail and password.  ABP had to be disabled in FF to log in to forums, and cache cleared.  Once logged in, ABP can be re-enabled and all is good, including auto-login using cookies when Firefox is closed and re-opened.  This may have nothing to do with ABP, but...  I don't know.

It's impossible to click on the "new post" button on locked thread. Really annoying on official announcement threads (like SITREP..Etc).

Yea true. As a workaround: you can load the thread (first page) and then click "Go to first unread post" at the top right just below the thread title.

Forum looks great from here.

Can confirm it views well on my Galaxy and I-Pad also. 

Shame certain video links and signatures were nurffed, but you can't convert it all seamlessly I guess. View counts were kept which is nice :)

Hey,
I'm just asking how the work on the "instant notification"-issue is going. 

As I said, I've about 100-150 Threads I follow. That means: Looking every 12sec in the forum if there is something new. Really tedious!

Many Greetings
Moony

is there a way to move the like button in line with the report multiquote and quote buttons? also, can the report button show up if the specific post has already been reported towards the admins? Really loved the former forums showing that up

• Like 1

As I said, I've about 100-150 Threads I follow.

Were all of your subscriptions transfered to the 'new' board or did you resubscribe to all of them? Because I got a message from BI-support, that all of my old subscriptions should be available for me, but unfortunately, that's not the case.

Am i missing something here, is there a button on the menu here that changes code back to text, or is the page on my list all code because of the forum upgrade?

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/165560-ai-compilation-list-of-addonsmodsscripts-misc/#post2656299

I'd try but im afraid I'd delete, or mess the code up and then have to spend more time trying to fix it, this thread is pinned btw, i'd like to update it, currently the

thread is almost usesless as no one can use it.

Mod's can you look into the page and see if it can be returned to normal, i spent alot of time, over a year on this thread, I'd hate to see all my work go to waste.

Were all of your subscriptions transfered to the 'new' board or did you resubscribe to all of them? Because I got a message from BI-support, that all of my old subscriptions should be available for me, but unfortunately, that's not the case.

I resubscribed to all of them! (possibly forgot some -,-)

Had  issues logging in, but it worked when I went through my BI profile some how. Either way, it looks good. No big issues, but missing a few features I see. My most missed feature is the button to quickly see BI dev replies.
Looking forward to seeing this through.

Hi,

somehow I feel lost since the forum update. How can I see which moderator is taking care of which part in the forum? Also, is there still the 100 kb filesize limit for pictures? Can't find anything in the forum rules.

Hi,

somehow I feel lost since the forum update. How can I see which moderator is taking care of which part in the forum? Also, is there still the 100 kb filesize limit for pictures? Can't find anything in the forum rules.

All moderators look after all forum sections, we don't have specific areas. Picture size - will have to clarify that.

I just want to say something: 

I don't like it how people react on the internet. It really grinds my gear to see people acting REALLY rude about the new forum software. Sure, not everything works well but sh*t happens. Its not like YOU people loose money because of it. You guys can be happy that the mods in this forum are patient and really nice people. They try to react fast and always try to help one out!

Indeed.

Would press the 'like' button if I didn't find so absolutely juvenile I just can't bring myself up to do it :P

Anyway, this pretty much sums up people nowadays:

Would press the 'like' button if I didn't find so absolutely juvenile I just can't bring myself up to do it :P

While the button itself might have associated negative connotations (mainly due to Facebook), it's still a useful feature to have around.

Just think of it as a way to reduce the "Me too!" spam. I'm sure we all have found ourselves in the position where we actually agree with or like some random post but never replied because we didn't have anything to say other than "Cool stuff" or, worse, things like "+1". Now we can just hit the Like button, feel good for supporting something we like, and not polute the thread.

My only problem with it is its current location and coloring, as others have mentioned already.

• Like 1

I wasn't beeing 100% serious there obviously, I myself just don't like the feature (it's same with the Karma etc crap that has been around for years on forums)..

In balance there should be 'This Sucks' button too :P

• Like 2

But... the feelings! :o

I wasn't beeing 100% serious there obviously, I myself just don't like the feature (it's same with the Karma etc crap that has been around for years on forums)..

Yes, and the button is just a hand flipping someone of. Okay, but now lets stop the OT here! xD

^^ This sucks. :lol:

• Like 1

Search function of the forum seems to be noticeable slower, than before(?)

Why my nickname get changed from Horus to horus -> uppercase to lowercase letter :blink:

Alright I did a small test with just adding something putting it bold, giving it color, using the full editor, and the code is pretty much the same as the existing code when you preview it

so im confused here why dont the existing code just not show as regular text with its added things to it like being bold, or underlined, or colored, why is the thread only showing

in code and not normal like in a reg normal post?

Referring to my thread here: LINK

Theres also this thread: LINK which has the same issue. Both threads are pinned in that forum section.