sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment Public Release!

Very weird indeed :)

We have no such scripts. (We had suppression scripts on AI-on-foot, but this is causing performance issues and odd behaviour)

The issues you saw are probably the cause of overtuning of some of our AI config settings, resulting in the odd behaviour.

For 1.08 we have made a lot of changes to rebalance the AI, and have eliminated some bugs with regard to AI behaviour.

Hmm.. Even if i give this cobra flyinheight 200, it will immedeatly drop its altitude and forget all about hes waypoints until all enemies he sees are dead. Same happens with ground units, units at hold waypoint start moving to any targets some other groups noticed :(

Is there any way to disable some or all scripts that have to do with AI behaviour? Trying to create a mission here where controlled AI is a must, cant have them running around doing their own stuff.

Transport choppers seem to work correctly, they keep their altitude etc. Managed to make a rapid moving insertion with them thanks to them actually doing what they are told to do ^^

Ofcourse its MP biased mod but still would be nice to have some control over the AI :)

Edited by Grodin

This is also happening a lot in MP missions. Lots of them are requiring every opfor to be dead.

I saw we nuke them from the orbit... its the only way to be sure.

(my squad secures the sector then couple of guys go around to headshoot downed enemies or at least a burst or two) ;)

weird thing just happened...

i added weapons through initialization field, g-36, carl gustaf m3, heat751 and heat551 rockets. Heat751 was a primary(loaded) rocket, i choosed to reload to heat551 rocket, fired it and wanted to reload heat751... i couldn't. I gues this is some sord of ammo bug.

btw, there are no heat551 rockets in weapon/ammo boxes...

from mission.sqm file:

init="removeallweapons this;this addmagazine""ace_30rnd_556x45_b_g36"";this addweapon ""ace_g36k"";this addmagazine""ace_30rnd_556x45_b_g36"";this addmagazine""ace_30rnd_556x45_b_g36"";this addmagazine""ace_30rnd_556x45_b_g36"";this addmagazine ""ace_carlgustav_heat"";this addweapon ""ace_carlgustav"";this addmagazine ""ace_carlgustav_heat_2""";

ace_carlgustav_heat = heat-751 rocket

ace_carlgustav_heat_2 = heat-551 rocket

Edited by Gedis

Great work guys i had an idea that you might be interested in well 2 really

1 was a capture script of some sort for enermy would make role play a heck of a lot more fun

2 was an idea a friend of mine had as were both ex cadets

we thought what if you could have a water bottle cantine to the yanks

as like an object you know like bandges and it helps with like stamina for running

just an idea but great work as before keep it going

anybody know how to add Konkurs magazines in an ammo box ?

this addMagazineCargo ["ACE_9K111_1M",10]; in the init don't work :(

Hmm.. Even if i give this cobra flyinheight 200, it will immedeatly drop its altitude and forget all about hes waypoints until all enemies he sees are dead.

I don't thinks this is an ACE issue. I have had this happen with Vanilla ARMA using 1.16B. I can't recall it happening as much prior to 1.16. I have the same issue of the cobra ignoring flyinheight when there are bad guys about, and even worse dive bombing targets. This is proving a nightmare when trying to make OFP missions work right on the heavily forested island of Everon.

anybody know how to add Konkurs magazines in an ammo box ?

this addMagazineCargo ["ACE_9K111_1M",10]; in the init don't work :(

The Konkurs is a vehicle ammunition, not rifle. Therefore, I do not believe you can add it to an ammo crate. However, I may be wrong.

I have seen the enemy AI do it, so possibly your friendly AI will do it to you aswell.

^^^As regarding friendly medics attending you when wounded^^^

Well I've been trying to create situations to test this but so far the friendly medics never help me out :confused: I just don't get this, does everyone else play MP :D

Recently, I've tried playing ACE with SLX which has a medic feature, and yes, the medics where ordered to go to my location and heal me, but after healing me, I was still blacking out and had to restart the game.

Recently, I've tried playing ACE with SLX which has a medic feature, and yes, the medics where ordered to go to my location and heal me, but after healing me, I was still blacking out and had to restart the game.

I think in ACE there is less "Magic" in the medic, and if you see the red cross(even while blacking in and out) it will only "Heal" you to shoot straight, not stop your bleeding and or pain( blacking out)... But then he may have bandaged you but not give you morphine? but didn't have the epy to save you... A Medic would have to have the drugs to even have the choice to administer them.

Loving the latest release, thanks for fixing the Apache armour especially!

Know this isn't the best place to ask, but I can't find it in the docs, and I can't seem to find my arma.rpt file to find out myself using the weapon script.

Could somebody please tell me the classnames for the FN FAL Para and its magazine?

Thanks.

I think in ACE there is less "Magic" in the medic, and if you see the red cross(even while blacking in and out) it will only "Heal" you to shoot straight, not stop your bleeding and or pain( blacking out)... But then he may have bandaged you but not give you morphine? but didn't have the epy to save you... A Medic would have to have the drugs to even have the choice to administer them.

Hmmm... I've been trying for hours now with a couple of medics fully loaded with all kinds of meds -no luck....

Does anyone know if medics healing the player is a part of ACE?

Hey Daniel!

It's

"ACE_FAL_Para"

"ACE_20Rnd_762x51_B_FAL"

Hmm.. Even if i give this cobra flyinheight 200, it will immedeatly drop its altitude and forget all about hes waypoints until all enemies he sees are dead. Same happens with ground units, units at hold waypoint start moving to any targets some other groups noticed :(

I don't thinks this is an ACE issue. I have had this happen with Vanilla ARMA using 1.16B. I can't recall it happening as much prior to 1.16. I have the same issue of the cobra ignoring flyinheight when there are bad guys about, and even worse dive bombing targets. This is proving a nightmare when trying to make OFP missions work right on the heavily forested island of Everon.

Try this (in OFP it worked):

Set behaviour of the helicopter to "careless" and combat mode to "never fire". Now it should keep flying without beeing distracted.

If you want to change the behaviour after reaching a certain point just change the behaviour in the next wp or add the following to a trigger´s (or elsewhere) init:

vehiclename setcombatmode "red"; vehiclename setbehaviour "COMBAT"

Edited by DiFool

Hey Daniel!

It's

"ACE_FAL_Para"

"ACE_20Rnd_762x51_B_FAL"

Ha, I tried everything but that! :D

Obviously didn't stand a chance at the magazine.

Thanks man! :)

Hey guys, i'm hoping someone from the ACE team can help me out with this. Please bear with me, while i explain.

I am currently building a mission which includes the following AAA script:-

_K = _this select 0
_Target = _this select 1
_radius = _this select 2
_altitude = _this select 3

#Flakloop

_a= getpos _Target select 0
_b= getpos _Target select 1
_c= getpos _Target select 2

_gap=random _radius
_direction=random 360

_x = _a +((cos _direction)*_gap)
_y = _b +((sin _direction)*_gap)
_z = _c + _altitude - _radius + random (_radius*2)

_gap2=random _radius
_direction2=random 360

_xx = _a +((cos _direction2)*_gap2)
_yy = _b +((sin _direction2)*_gap2)
_zz =_c + _altitude - _radius + random (_radius*2)

_gap3=random _radius
_direction3=random 360

_xxx = _a +((cos _direction3)*_gap3)
_yyy = _b +((sin _direction3)*_gap3)
_zzz = _c + _altitude - _radius + random (_radius*2)

_gap4=random _radius
_direction4=random 360

_xxxx = _a +((cos _direction4)*_gap4)
_yyyy = _b +((sin _direction4)*_gap4)
_zzzz = _c + _altitude - _radius + random (_radius*2)

_K disableAI "Target"
_K disableAI "AutoTarget"
_K doWatch [_x,_y,_z]
~0.5
_K setVehicleAmmo 1
_K fire "azp85"
_K doWatch [_xx,_yy,_zz]
~0.5
_K fire "azp85"
_K doWatch [_xxx,_yyy,_zzz]
~0.5
_K fire "azp85"
_K doWatch [_xxxx,_yyyy,_zzzz]
~2
goto "Flakloop"

exit

The bit i'm interested in is:-

_K fire "azp85"
_K doWatch [_xx,_yy,_zz]
~0.5
_K fire "azp85"
_K doWatch [_xxx,_yyy,_zzz]
~0.5
_K fire "azp85"
_K doWatch [_xxxx,_yyyy,_zzzz]

Now the "azp85" is the original name for the Shilka weapon, so using the above works fine with the default game, it fires the weapon and the script works.

Once ACE is added to the mix tho, the Shilka's do not fire. Now i assume the weapon name has been changed in ACE. Do any of the ACE team know the correct name for the weapon?

I would also really like to use the ZU23 AAA System (The trailer mounted one), if anyone could provide the name of the weapon used on this aswell, it would be greatly appreciated.

At the moment this is the only issue holding up completion of said mission.

Thanks in advance for any help on this matter.

Try this (in OFP it worked):

Set behaviour of the helicopter to "careless" and combat mode to "never fire". Now it should keep flying without beeing distracted.

If you want to change the behaviour after reaching a certain point just change the behaviour in the next wp or add the following to a trigger´s (or elsewhere) init:

vehiclename setcombatmode "red"; vehiclename setbehaviour "COMBAT"

Thanks for the suggestion DiFool.

The main problem I have had is that the cobra's dive bomb targets when you need them to engage the enemy (rather than stand off and fire hellfires or gun) - and subsequently crash into hills and trees - and the only way to try and prevent this happening, to change the flyinheight appears to be ignored while they are engaging the enemy.

Sorry to take this thread off topic.

That chopper behaviour really ruined some of my mission plans. I hope someone comes up with something.

Hmm, to another subject... How about "Safe" firemode? Accidental discharges happen and that would be realistic and nice thing to have :)

The Konkurs is a vehicle ammunition, not rifle. Therefore, I do not believe you can add it to an ammo crate. However, I may be wrong.

I can't put the Konkurs ammunition on the ground or on a ammo box

is there something to do to give players access to this ammunition

That chopper behaviour really ruined some of my mission plans. I hope someone comes up with something.
Heya, please add your findings to this Ticket: http://dev-heaven.net/issues/show/1064

You can also track the status from there.

If anyone could setup a small mission which reproduces the issue clearly, it could save us valuable time and fasten the fix.

weird thing just happened...

i added weapons through initialization field, g-36, carl gustaf m3, heat751 and heat551 rockets. Heat751 was a primary(loaded) rocket, i choosed to reload to heat551 rocket, fired it and wanted to reload heat751... i couldn't. I gues this is some sord of ammo bug.

btw, there are no heat551 rockets in weapon/ammo boxes...

from mission.sqm file:

init="removeallweapons this;this addmagazine""ace_30rnd_556x45_b_g36"";this addweapon ""ace_g36k"";this addmagazine""ace_30rnd_556x45_b_g36"";this addmagazine""ace_30rnd_556x45_b_g36"";this addmagazine""ace_30rnd_556x45_b_g36"";this addmagazine ""ace_carlgustav_heat"";this addweapon ""ace_carlgustav"";this addmagazine ""ace_carlgustav_heat_2""";

ace_carlgustav_heat = heat-751 rocket

ace_carlgustav_heat_2 = heat-551 rocket

ok, i have solved this bug by my own for v.:1,07

unwraped config.bin from ace_weapon_config.pbo and changed these lines:

classMagazines

blah blah blah

class ACE_CarlGustav_HEAT_2 : ACE_AT4_HEAT {

ACE_PackDummyMag = "ACE_CarlGustav_HEAT_2_PDM";

ACE_Weight = 3.2;

ammo = "ACE_Rocket_CarlGustav_HEAT_2";

displayName = $STR_ACE_MDN_ACE_CARLGUSTAV_HEAT_2;

modelSpecial = "";

type = 3 * 256;

initSpeed = 255;

};

blah blah blah

class CfgWeapons

blah blah blah

class ACE_CarlGustav : ACE_M136 {

ACE_Weight = 8.5;

displayName = $STR_ACE_WDN_ACE_CARLGUSTAV;

sound[] = {"\ace_sounds\Fire\CG_Fire.wss", 15, 1};

magazines[] = {"ACE_CarlGustav_HEAT","ACE_CarlGustav_HEAT_2", "ACE_CarlGustav_HEDP", "ACE_CarlGustav_HE"};

model = "\ACE_models_infantry_weapons\m\ACE_carlgustav";

modelOptics = "\ACE_models_infantry_weapons\m\ACE_carlgustav_optic";

modelSpecial = "";

opticsZoomMin = 0.16;

opticsZoomMax = 0.16;

picture = "\ace_models_infantry_weapons\i\CARLG.paa";

class Library {

libTextDesc = $STR_ACE_LIB_ACE_CARLGUSTAV;

};

ace_is_disposable = 0;

};

blah blah blah

class CfgVehicles {

class ACE_AmmoBoxWest: AmmoBoxWest

blah blah blah

class _xx_ACE_CarlGustav_HEAT_2 {

magazine = "ACE_CarlGustav_HEAT_2";

count = 48;

};

blah blah blah

class ACE_WeaponBox : AmmoBoxWest

blah blah blah

class _xx_ACE_CarlGustav_HEAT_2 {

magazine = "ACE_CarlGustav_HEAT_2";

count = 48;

};

blah blah blah

before fixing it by my self i even registered at devheaven and reported this bug, after i reported it, i fixed it by my self, then i looked at my bug report and i see sickboy already said thx for report, then i press first mouse button on hyperlink called SickBoy and i see:

"03:53 PM A.C.E. Mod Bug #1281 (Closed): Heat 751 with Heat 551 rocket bug for Carl Gustaf M3

Tnx for report!

01:22 PM A.C.E. Mod Revision e9aec: ~ Fixed: Carlgustav didnt have HEAT_2 magazine assigned

~ Fixed: Carlgustav didnt have HEAT_2 magazine assigned"

(converted in GMT +2 timezone)

This leaves me with an idea, that i was just two hours and a half late to report this bug on devheaven, before it even got fixed. I'm LOLing at my self now:icon_lol::232::rofl: :31:

on the other hand, now i'm safe from this bug until 1.08 comes out :rolleyes:

P.S. This is one of the "by the community for the community" forms, just in funny matter. What can you know... we live and learn...

Edited by Gedis

Hm, seems the anti-aliasing issue fixed itself after a while, nothing should be different and now its working again, very odd.

Yes ACE does disable AA on my ATI 4780x2, If i have HDR set to 16. If set to 8 (default) AA is unaffected. I use the mod for HDR in the Opitons.

Veryhigh= 32, High=16, Normal=8. ( ATI can not use AA @ 32HDR)

Edited by kklownboy

Lots of ppl have asked for better/more documentation, and we've setup ways to achieve this, like the public BIKI page etc.

However there seem to be no edits by anyone except the ACE Team.

Anyone interested to help us out?

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ACE_Features

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ACE

Reference; http://dev-heaven.net/issues/show/1172

@kklownboy & Grodin; very weird..

"I use the mod for HDR in the options" ? There is only post processing in the options. And hdrPrecision in the arma.cfg file.

I guess I misunderstand :)

Does it reset after game startup to main menu, or only after playing a mission, etc?

Edited by Sickboy

Hello guys im nu here,

can u help me by two things?

Is the viewdistance set by ace on a dedi-server?

becuz when i change the view distance in my server.ArmAProfile ist not changed(tryed with 500m and 5000m) in the game.(arma 1.16beta with ace 1.07 and warface 1.1.7d map)?

when i fly with an kamow ka-50 i cannot lock on(vikhr-1 missiles) a target(tank) over 1000-1500m or so?

becuz on arma without ace i can lockon a target @ about 2300m, why?

hope u can help me,

greetings