sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment Public Release!

I think i have found a bug, i play warfare and when i get shot im wounded and i am on the ground i can`t get do anything ,and when i click to respwan in the menu i get a black screen, i can shoot and walk but i only see a black screen.

this problem is not in 1.6 version

First, great collection of goodies and thanks for the effort!

Unfortunately I found a bug.

I am making a MP coop mission that uses ACE and queens gambit addons. With the ACE version 1.07 on porto, When I create a OPFOR/CAR/Datsun PK1 arma crashes and gives me the error: Invalid crew soldierPB

I lost about three hours of editing because I didn't save often :eek:

http://dev-heaven.net/projects/ace-mod/issues

First, great collection of goodies and thanks for the effort!

Unfortunately I found a bug.

I am making a MP coop mission that uses ACE and queens gambit addons. With the ACE version 1.07 on porto, When I create a OPFOR/CAR/Datsun PK1 arma crashes and gives me the error: Invalid crew soldierPB

I lost about three hours of editing because I didn't save often :eek:

I think i have found a bug, i play warfare and when i get shot im wounded and i am on the ground i can`t get do anything ,and when i click to respwan in the menu i get a black screen, i can shoot and walk but i only see a black screen.

this problem is not in 1.6 version

Have to agree. Very nice update!

Noticed the M110 cant use the bipods. Might have been overlooked as it doesnt show the bipods in the list images.

Need help: I know i heard about some script before that can draw out all classnames you use in the ME. Does anyone know what i mean? Would love that as i make some units for a mission that uses a lot of gear/backpacks. I might need some explanation as well if its not very straight forward as im no script guru. Thanks!

Regards

Alex

Easy way to find out the class names of what you are looking for is to make a trigger in the editor with these properties:

Repeatable

Activates on radio alpha

In the Activation field: hint format["%1", magazines player];

Same can be done for weapons, just replace "magazines player" with "weapons player".

Is this what you are looking for? If not, try a thread search for "class names". There may be another method you were thinking of but this is the first thing I found using the search so I didn't look any further. I've never tried this so I'm not sure how well it works.

Hello fellas,

question for you guys for ace, i have a problem, i normally have ace combined with another mod which is called GL3 Link. Well in 1.06 of ace, i had burning tanks and smoke plumes when you destroyed a tank.

The GL3 link mod had a feature where u could have certain fx that would have the tanks do different stuff with tanks, well i disabled that, and I still dont get a burning tank with smoke plumes.

When I play Ace mod by itself with no other mods thats 1.07 patched of course I still dont get burning tank with smoke plumes, all i get is all of the crew getting out and the tank turning black, nothing more.

any ideas if its a bug, or something?

Edited by Gnter Severloh

SBP Team tested out v1.07 and @ 3:30am three of the most hardcore players celebrate a victory over Russians in Iguana (Domination One-Team mode) :)

ATdominators.jpg

nice pic,

i take it thats the tank u destroyed and the crew lie dead, if so isn't the tank supposed to be burning or be smoking or something, or was this 30min after u destroyed it and it stopped doing that?

I think possibly they took out one of the tracks, and the crew bailed.

What would still cause ACE faces, stretched faces ?

@Manzilla:

Thanks mate! Will test that out! :) I saw someone long time ago mention a script that would (i think) write out the whole classname list of all gear you add to a soldier. Maybe wrote it out to a .TXT file even?

@ACE:

Dont know if this is an issue or if its done differently this time but adding an "ACE_parachutepack" to a pilot already in a airplane (plane added to map with pilot in from start. Not "moveindriver") will not add a parapack. Also if you eject you have the para-info but no chute and you cant steer.

Edited by Alex72

Yesterday I finally came around to play a bit with the new patch and found out you added a great bizon (with working cobra sight). I thought I would have to wait until ArmA 2 to get one again, a pleasant surprise. :)

Greetings! After installing 1.07 patch I've got the problem with Stryker MGS (both normal and slat versions) :

40a570b244b1.jpg

first error that appears

ba814cc63ed1.jpg

and the second one.

This errors are caused by some addon (I tested with RKSL, BWC, P85 and PRACS - they don't affect ACE), who can help me?

This tank got hit with at least 6 AT, including 2 dragons :) both track got demolished and the crew bailed out. We were able to repair it :)

Under "Weapon resting":

http://www.acemod.net/wiki/Category:ACE_features

I recommend reading through them all. Even if you have played a lot of ACE, chances are your going to discover a feature you didn't know about before :)

I am no longer able to use this page (Opera). All I'm getting no matter how I open it is an 'all cookies cleared' message, and being directed to : http://www.acemod.net/forums/login.php?do=logout&logouthash=

I was under the impression that this happened because www.acemod.net was 'dead'? If it is not, but doesn't work properly, would it be possible to transfer it to the current ACE location, dev-heaven?

Thanks for another installment of the great ace mod. Great work you guys.

I have one question. regarding flares. I have made a mission where a 'distress flare' is launched by a downed helo pilot.

i have yet to see this fired alsorts of kinds of flares into the sky..

- Visible flares in daylight [Rocko]

I was hoping you guys could tell me the classname of the flares that are supposed to be visible in the day time? I have tried every 'flare' class that i can find, but cannot see any of them in the daytime.

Is this working ? or am i chasing a non-existant feature. Thanks for a great mod set.

Refards./

I was under the impression that this happened because www.acemod.net was 'dead'? If it is not, but doesn't work properly, would it be possible to transfer it to the current ACE location, dev-heaven?

Second that thought. Right now it's a bit difficult to get good information about ACE. I had to dig though .hpp files to find the key bindings for sight-adjustment, etc. Could not tell what info was even on the old wiki, most pages seem locked to non-registered people.

I know switching sites will mess things up for a while, just looking forward to access to more information about this great product. Thanks!!

Tried to blow up a T90 with satchels..

And as the noob i am i place em on the rear of the tank...(They should be placed there)

But NOTHING happend to the tank...NOT A SCRATCH...

So i placed em in front...Just below the tube...

BANG...Takes 2 satchels, make biiiiiiiiig kabooooom..

Then i placed 6 T90 on the ArmyCamp in Corazol, the western camp.

One between each barrack...

Blew em up during a nightime mission...Nice ambience with light and smoke...

I don't know........ With ACE107 and ArmA1.16 beta, the ACE gameplay has become far too difficult for me. Every single time now, I have to fill an enemy with a mag to make them stay dead. Usually they get up again immediately, most of the time even when shot from point blank. Our server in cadet mode is setup with accuracy 0.35, but they not only hit me from far away (many times they need several shots though to hit). It is always the first bullet hit that takes me out. Most of the time I will drop dead from a single hit from 100-200 meters. Sometimes I will go into a coma for up to 5-10 minutes and never come back. I have yet to experience a waking up. One time I was able to shoot while being unconscious though, so I'm wondering if this all is a big bad bug? And best of all, I'm using 7.62 which supposedly should have greater stopping power. Enemy is using 5.45 AK (pluss PKMs, dragunovs etc). Server is running with extended armor turned off, because this was adviced earlier. Has this changed?

To me I get the feeling that humans are affected by all sorts of negative effects (which I like), while the AI remains supershooters (which I'm beginning to hate more than anything right now). Pluss of course the fact that they just won't die...

To suummarize:

AI is able to hit with 'lousy' rifles from far away.

We can't hit shit with assault rifle in any caliber.

AI needs s shitload of rounds, constantly, to remain dead.

We are usually downed in a single shot, instantly most of the time, after come the rest.

AI armor classes or human bullet values desperately needs adjustment. Or the whole wound system needs to be looked at.

There is something terribly wrong somewhere.

I don't know........ With ACE107 and ArmA1.16 beta, the ACE gameplay has become far too difficult for me. Every single time now, I have to fill an enemy with a mag to make them stay dead. Usually they get up again immediately, most of the time even when shot from point blank. Our server in cadet mode is setup with accuracy 0.35, but they not only hit me from far away (many times they need several shots though to hit). It is always the first bullet hit that takes me out. Most of the time I will drop dead from a single hit from 100-200 meters. Sometimes I will go into a coma for up to 5-10 minutes and never come back. I have yet to experience a waking up. One time I was able to shoot while being unconscious though, so I'm wondering if this all is a big bad bug? And best of all, I'm using 7.62 which supposedly should have greater stopping power. Enemy is using 5.45 AK (pluss PKMs, dragunovs etc). Server is running with extended armor turned off, because this was adviced earlier. Has this changed?

To me I get the feeling that humans are affected by all sorts of negative effects (which I like), while the AI remains supershooters (which I'm beginning to hate more than anything right now). Pluss of course the fact that they just won't die...

To suummarize:

We are usually downed in a single shot, instantly most of the time, after come the rest.

AI armor classes or human bullet values desperately needs adjustment. Or the whole wound system needs to be looked at.

I have to agree with your post. Today I hit an AI soldier (RPG one) and the guy it the ground but it took almost 10+ shots in the chest and it was still alive then I put one on the head and still it was alive, I lose my head and I just fire the rest of the clip on the chest and finally he was dead.

Plus I would like to know if there is anyway of changing the field of view? I just hate the new FoV. Is like it's too forward and for me it becomes difficult to aim like it is now because I lose too much FoV. IRL you do not put your eye in the Aimpoint, in the game now I only see the Aimpoit, reminds me of GRAW2 and I hate that type of view. Can someone help me?

Other than that I think the overall is good!

Continue the great work and accept this as a constructive critic not the other way.

Best regards.

One shot one kill...

Tried..

From >100 m its easy..Even my AI´s scored...

ArmA1.16 and ACE1.07

EDIT: I have had some problems with the bulletdispertion, and alignment

of ironsight. Its not accurat. @Ace team, you need to check..

Between 5 single shots with an AK4(H&K 7.62) theres no big dispertion

to talk about. I can group 5 shots in less the 10cm radius in 15 seconds

from 200m. (There´s MANDATORY trials in sweden).

Thats impossible here..

Seriusly, you need to take a look at that...

Edited by Andersson[SWEC]

To suummarize:

Lol thats not difficult. Our server setup is and i say this we have no problem killing AI, although they do get up sometimes we put a few in their head.

- Veteran

- TrueRangeAI (hardcore v)

- Skill 0.85

- Precision 0.45

Now yes its quite hard but we are used to hard but the AI seem the same as before. :) Just remember to always put a few more bullets in their head. :yay:

The AI is so hard to kill now, that i wish i could use a wooden stick and/or silver bullets, just to make sure they stay dead... :shoot:

You guys disable the Extend Armor on the dificulty screen? It mess up with ACE wound system.

What the diference between the bipods functions after and before patch? Just a more restricted movement?

You guys disable the Extend Armor on the dificulty screen? It mess up with ACE wound system.

What the diference between the bipods functions after and before patch? Just a more restricted movement?

Bipod's will steady your weapon when you fire from a crouch or standing position and have them deployed. They really help with the 240 series.