Sign in to follow this  
MikkoFin

FDF Mod 1.0 for ArmA

Awesome campaign and Island! Great story line and all!! I love it, great work guys. biggrin_o.gif

Sorry for a little off topic here but I noticed this name in the ReadMe credits:

PeterNorth

rofl.gif  Is that his real name or was that done in honor of the great Peter North? That guy rocks, he's definitely a man I look up to.  wink_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif  

On a side note, I partied with the guy a few times when I was in LA. He's a good friend of a high school buddy of mine. Mr North has been in a bunch of his films.

Ok, sorry about that. Just had to ask. I couldn't resist.  whistle.gif

biggrin_o.gif No he is not the actual Peter North, just old friend who plays with that nick, hope mr. North don´t mind. wink_o.gif

WOW~~Christmas arrived earlier in ARMA this year!!

nice suprise present from FDF guys indeed.

hope to see more content release soon xmas_o.gif

Awesome work...guyz..Thanks for the huge works  biggrin_o.gif !!

downloading ASAP... smile_o.gif

Outstanding terrain - much love and work for detail. Great setting thumbs-up.gif

Can you please share more details about the sounds.

Is it a version of the FDFSound replacement or new sounds 'only'

for the FDF units - thanks!

FDF mod team: Congratulations for the awesome release.

You did what i missed in ArmA so much:

- a perfect island! (Not to small, Not to big, not to empty, not to full and with absolute great landscape) notworthy.gif

Your FDF units are also great and and the armour will do. If you make a finnish T-72 MBT or ask the Leopard creators for the tank; in my humble opinion it will be enough for ArmA! The ArmA bugs strike in every mod once again. And there is no hope any more. Just waiting for the next game.

I (and all of people around here) wish 4 every member of FDF team that you are able to manage the ArmA II (or OPF 2) modding and the big rest of your life in beautiful way.

Good wishes for the future! smile_o.gif

Can you please share more details about the sounds.

Is it a version of the FDFSound replacement or new sounds 'only'

for the FDF units - thanks!

Newest version of FDF soundpack is included, version number might be 1.5. Many changes compared to v 1.3.

Yeah, island surpasses most of the released work so far. It is absolutely stunning. When I took harrier for a quick flyover I couldn't be more amazed when new and new towns opened up ahead of me. Lovely road network, excellent "empty" plains where ambushes can be set for armor, massive forrests etc. kudos!

Oh, I forgot.

I want the FDF mod icon om my desktop once again! But it is only included in the Installer.EXE file.

Can you post the FDF Icon? so I can download it and put it at the shortcut? It would remind me of the old good days..

Thank you a lot of this release, my life just got better inlove.gif

But as a develope feedback, you might consider to create better sounds. I mean speach, it is too low compared with other enviroment sounds and also the background sound of speach soundtrack varies too much, if you know what I mean. Everything else is great!

ps. does FDF supports fully the Vista x64? I had some problems with installation and I had to create shortcut manually.

Ey I have the opposition leader of Sharani Jose Cuervo in my fridge. and he taste great on a summers day tounge2.gif

Back on topic. Nice mod. this is like a dream. CSLA and FDF released like a week apart. OFP nostalgia

Nice work guys :-)

One simple ask:

- All Armed Assault sounds replaced

- 8 new Finnish radio voice profiles

I dont like it if something replaces the standard stuff like the mainmenu,sound or something eles, i just want to have the units what had i to do if i just want the island and the units?

as stated in the readme, remove the sounds.pbo from the FDFmod folder created by the installer.

that will revert to the standard BIS sounds but still leave the FDF stuff..

Even with a Queen's Gambit related error every few minutes, this is easily the best island to date. Excellent job. Any chance of a QG free version (even if it means a few empty spaces here and there)?

I'd love for our unit to use this island but I can't see everyone buying QG just for this with ArmA II around the corner.

Ok so I just downloaded the damn thing more for the island than anything else. And I must say, this is a work of art.

Simply stunning amount of detail put into this. All the areas feel unique and lived in and easily tops Sahrani and frankly any other map out there. The size is great (comparable to South Sahrani) and I've noticed around 95% of buildings are open. And on account of this and the great terrain, any DAC AI engagements would be rather interesting and satisfying.

Well done. MOTY biggrin_o.gif

(Map Of The Year)

smile_o.gif

and NSVT and Patria biggrin_o.gif anddddd

island is unimaginable, it is toooootal super

it is so climatic biggrin_o.gif wonderfull biggrin_o.gif beauty biggrin_o.gif

like in real life biggrin_o.gif

FDF is back ! smile_o.gif Thanks a lot for your work !

The only bad thing I have to say is that I would appreciate if you should put english (or better, french smile_o.gif) subtitles during cutscenes...