Sign in to follow this  
EricM

Latest ArmA2 & ArmA2:OA Press Coverage | NO discussion here!

yes sure, but at the same time, i'm a little bit frightened by such a stupid AI. tons of patches are able to update the AI?

Why tons? There already was one that fixed an amount of bugs that PC Games didn't think was possible. I blame Morphicon as well. I don't think this is what we would call 'complete'. Lets see if the 505 is indeed the REAL release of this engine. I don't think AI could get stupider (and yes, I wanted to spell it that way :P ) in a later version of the engine, without FSM's or something known and crucial missing... At least here's hoping

You guys seem to forget the fact that a patch is coming out right after release.

This game is Complete. Fire up SP campaign and tell mi how "stupid AI" destroys gameplay and makes game unplayable. It is promised to supply us with many more features in future to improve playing experience. But the future doesn't mean right now. It's impossible to give away a game with so much freedom, and in the same time predict players stupidity. ArmA is not indoor shooter. Campaign is not played in buildings at all (I guess), so there's no rapid need of fixing this now. First solve compability problems, then try to put SWAT4 inside.

I think ArmA and Flashpoint fans have a different "game view" compared to other players. Just because we like realistic games like ArmA (simulators) it doesnt mean that the AI will act like people do in real life! Get over it.

I havent seen one well written or official review from ArmA II yet, so until then, please calm down!

The first Operation Flashpoint game is 8 years old and I never thought bad about the AI. The game worked very well, and the AI in ArmA II is not worse then that!

From what I saw with the live feed yesterday... You have to use gamelogics to use some of the features for AI. Seems very good its this way... I heard a guy say think about a zombie mod when the zombies will carry each other and bandage themselfs. This will allow you to turn these extra features off for mods ect... Dont have to use them. So the game needs game logics for the ai to use suppresive fire and taking cover I assume...

Do you think people that review and preview the game understand game logics like we do? Im not so sure...

Edited by binkster

Cant judge the game from a preview, because its not finnished!

I globally agree with you, but games.de guys are testing the gold master, not a preview version. Even if i still don't understand if they have tested it with or without the patch.

Edited by ProfTournesol
typo

I globally agree with you, but games.de guys are testing the gold master, not a preview version. Evenu if i still don't understand if they have tested it with or without the patch.

Yeah, but that makes everything so confusing! I dont know who to trust. :p

Video on PC Games demonstrating bugs.

Summary:

- player can´t get into vehicle although ordered to

- Nightview scene: AI is running through walls right in front of player

- AI drivers going nuts with hmmv and truck AI vehicle control is bugged

- AI in building is not reacting AT ALL. The enemy player can dance around them without anything happening.

Video recorded in release version.

Scroll down here to see the vid.

Where is that video? can't see anything on that page

Campaign is not played in buildings at all (I guess), so there's no rapid need of fixing this now.

Surprise, surprise. Campaign has AI´s in buildings.

Looks like it got removed again. Maybe another phonecall from Peter Games/Morphicon.

Video will be online again at 00.01 german time this night.

Even if i still don't understand if they have tested it with or without the patch.

There is no official patch yet. It´s a beta patch and they only got it from the publisher yesterday while they got the

boxed versions of Arma 2 at the start of the week.

Official 1.01 patch is expected on monday and will be around 70 MB.

I can´t understand why people are insising on testing with a patch anyway. The boxed version is the release - version and that is the version that matters for testing as this is the version that people will buy. If it needs an imidiate patch this certainly will go into the

rating. That´s quite natural.

Edited by Balschoiw

2 -=UOE.Txalo=-: you are not alone, who can't found it :(

Removed already. Professional journalism... what are they trying to prove by doing this? Doesn't seem like they care much for that press embargo thing.

Removed already. Professional journalism... what are they trying to prove by doing this? Doesn't seem like they care much for that press embargo thing.

:rolleyes:

it´s exactly the copy we get officially tomorrow.

i just hope that those things we saw are just exceptions.

The Video will be back online just after midnight german time, because then is the official release day and they can show the video and the test article.

Hot damn quiet a lot of ignorant morons around here these days! Where they all come from all of a sudden? If you dont understand how the game works do us a favour and shut the hell up. Dont come in here complain about shit you know nothing about - please.

Hate to get angry, but ignorant assholes just gets to me. Complaining about this and that and at the same time have no clue of how the editor/logics work. ARMA2 can run the game in different ways - without the need of scripts even. So its even simpler for morons like you who complain. Is that a bad thing now? Hardly. So please shut the hell up and go piss around somewhere else.

Sorry to the rest of you for this post.

Alex

Ok, installing it now because the guys of "Media markt" in Switzerland thaught that today is the 29.5.2009 :lookaround:

I'll post my opinion, maybe some screens, but not to rushy, i won't go into details neither. I think everybody knows it's not "release patched" allready and arma takes it time to unfold. Many things will come up next days, so most likely it will go under in all the panik, hype, tragedy and whatever. Was quite interesting what a little spark can ignite, if enaugh justified stress is around. Everybody forgets all gathered information and rationality fades. :D

Greets

Edit: And yes, cold sweat rushed when i first saw that pre review!

Edited by Ra!dar

Does anyone have some pics or videos of the base construction mode in arma2.I've seen only 2 seconds of footage in some first impression vid.I would like to see what it looks like and what kind of buildings you can build.

Edited by XS09

cool Ra!dar.. if you can... please post just one picture of a MLRS firing at night/day please... just one:bounce3:

i wonder if the video is from campaign or from editor

...I think everybody knows it's not "release patched" allready and arma takes it time to unfold. Many things will come up next days, so most likely it will go under in all the panik, hype, tragedy and whatever. Was quite interesting what a little spark can ignite, if enaugh justified stress is around...

Certainly not released patched (I guess that's tomorrow, lol). Hey, as long as Morphicon gets the bad press for rushing release, it's all good. I'm of the opinion BIS shouldn't be judged till final release. When THEY say there's no more going onto the disk in the box.

This is the downside of having such an easy to use in-game editor (with practically no limits). People jump right into the editor on a quest to seek out bugs. Maybe the editor should've been locked until they've completed the campaign...

Edited by sk3pt

This is the downside of having such an easy to use in-game editor (with practically no limits). People jump right into the editor on a mission to seek out bugs. Maybe the editor should've been locked until they've completed the campaign...

Thats just stupid. Finding bugs is a good thing, then it can be fixed! ;-)

Hate to get angry, but ignorant assholes just gets to me. Complaining about this and that and at the same time have no clue of how the editor/logics work.

Better tone down for a second. The video was taken in the campaign as they focus on the campaign with the review, not the editor, not the MP side of the game that is hardly to be tested right now as there are no MP games going on.

It´s not that they are stupid, it´s just that Arma 2 has bugs.

I would rather have a few bugs in an open game like Arma, than facing all the restrictions in most other games.

Finding bugs is a good thing, then it can be fixed! ;-)

Agreed. :)

The video was taken in the campaign as they focus on the campaign with the review, not the editor

Oh...