Sign in to follow this  
EricM

Latest ArmA2 & ArmA2:OA Press Coverage | NO discussion here!

but it sure looks nice ( want the game now!)

Damn Im still having a black screen, both in FF3 and in IE8 :(

Is there no sound on the live feed? Hmm he's stuck and cant go down the ladder so fires off shots in frustration and closes the feed. Not what I was wanting to see after watching for 2 mins. Also read reports of not being able to finish the training mission and that pop up file missing error.

Edited by chrismvts

Anno 1701 (1701 A.D.), Bioshock, World in Conflict, Jade Empire, Drakensang, Crysis Warhead: they were all released complete and with next to no bugs.

not commenting on ArmA 2 (yet) but those of us who bought the first german release of ArmA (1) know what they do not want to see again...

And the amount of staff they had, scale of the game, amount of beta testers?

You can't rightly just toss games together as being "bug free" and then accuse these over here simply based on that idea. You have to take into account all of the variables that go into making a game "bug free".

Okay Placebo I'll be good.

Edited by NodUnit

Please get back on topic.

@placebo, can you too set up a live feed? :P

not sure if the live feed talk should be in here, but...

I'd have to say i do like the blur effects when you turn you'r head, looks realy nice

I like the name of the inlet in the top right of the map.

GUBA!

P.S. this may of been mentioned before. i cant be stuffed searching through pages.

dude after this morning, this thread became one hell of a mess, so don't worry.

Ok ok, clearly I have missed something, dont want to read through all the posts, but from what I have read, obviously it has been released? I thought wasnt released in Germany till friday? Has been released earlier? Or is it available on Steam? Whats happening?

some stores sold arma2 yesterday. official release is still friday

Thanks for info. Was this only in Germany? Looks like alot of Dutch stuff going around...

This thread is not for discussing German's with the game, this thread is not for discussing screenshots/videos from German's with the game, that thread is here.

This thread is for discussing Press Coverage, hence the title, please stay ontopic.

Not much more than the usual bla bla about the great community.

The only intresting parts for me where:

- german release is earlier because their contract with BIS allows them to release may and so BIS couldnt delay the german version as the publisher used his right for the early release ( to get a big slice of the first sales offcourse )

But i may have missunderstood things, yet the tone was we have may in our contract so we release may no matter what.

- There will be a patch that fixes many bugs till the beginning of the next week, personally i assume they release it friday or saturday.

^ This.

Which means ?

Not much more than the usual bla bla about the great community.

The only intresting parts for me where:

- german release is earlier because their contract with BIS allows them to release may and so BIS couldnt delay the german version as the publisher used his right for the early release ( to get a big slice of the first sales offcourse )

But i may have missunderstood things, yet the tone was we have may in our contract so we release may no matter what.

- There will be a patch that fixes many bugs till the beginning of the next week, personally i assume they release it friday or saturday.

Thanks a lot.

1st question: Why are there different releasedates for Arma 2 ?

1st answer: Because there are different local agreements with publishers.

2nd question: There are rumours that there will be a patch to bring the german release

version up to the same level as the international releases.

2nd answer: Arma 2 is a complex game...*snip*...therefore there are a number of issues... A patch will be released next week to bring Arma 2 to version 1.01. The patch will be about 70MB in size and according to german betatesters it makes a good impression.

3rd question: Why has Peter Games insisted on removing the PC Games article ?

3rd answer: The article had some kind of preview-taste and for fairness reasons towards other reviewing magazines we gently asked to alter the "Preview".

4th question: Is it a method of influencing buyers to insist on reviews published only after release ?

4th answer: It´s not our company principle to do such. We will not betray our customers. *snip*

VERY roughly summed up...but basically there´s not more than that.

They´re proposing an interview with BIS on the matter that also will be published today.

1st question: Why are there different releasedates for Arma 2 ?

1st answer: Because there are different local agreements with publishers.

2nd question: There are rumours that there will be a patch to bring the german release

version up to the same level as the international releases.

2nd answer: Arma 2 is a complex game...*snip*...therefore there are a number of issues... A patch will be released next week to bring Arma 2 to version 1.01. The patch will be about 70MB in size and according to german betatesters it makes a good impression.

3rd question: Why has Peter Games insisted on removing the PC Games article ?

3rd answer: The article had some kind of preview-taste and for fairness reasons towards other reviewing magazines we gently asked to alter the "Preview".

4th question: Is it a method of influencing buyers to insist on reviews published only after release ?

4th answer: It´s not our company principle to do such. We will not betray our customers. *snip*

VERY roughly summed up...but basically there´s not more than that.

They´re proposing an interview with BIS on the matter that also will be published today.

So i need to wait through the night again? man i already lost 3 hours of sleeping time due to that "bug warning":(

Here's a free translation of the interview (with some minor parts summarized):

After the incidents yesterday (see below), Morris Hebecker, chief of Morphicon, which will release Arma 2 answered our questions. Later today we'll bring more updates to this case also with an interview with BI.

PCG: Why will the German version of Arma 2 be released earlier and not together with the other versions?

Morris Hebecker: German version will be released tomorrow, Czech version in the middle of June and the English version one week later. The span between these releases is three weeks. The release dates are that different because there are different buisiness agreements, which are locally different.

PCG: There will be a patch which puts the German version equal to the level of the other versions. Is that right?

Morris Hebecker: In every aspect Arma 2 is a very complex game that plays in a huge world. Because of this of course it can contain some bugs. We will give the players patch 1.01 until the beginning of the next week. It will bring numerous corrections and will have the size of about 70MB. The German beta testers, who all come from the engaged community and where the most of them are active since Flashpoint times, confirm to us that Arma2 looks good.

PCG: Why did Peter Games [Morphicon] force the change of the report on pcgames.de?

Morris Hebecker: It was agreed with all magazines that tests could be put out on 29th may to give the magazines enough time to properly test such a extensive game as Arma 2. Thus we take the pressure from magazines that are oriented in quality, because if there was no settled date, such magazines would have a disadvantage by making a proper and time consuming test if there came out another magazine with title "First Arma 2 Test". And since the extensive news on pcgames.de looked like a test article for us, for other magazines - and as we can see, also for some users - we appealed to PC Games to remove the part with the opinions.

PCG: Is the release of tests in the news only at the release day of Arma 2 a trick to win naive customers?

Morris Hebecker: First of all such a behaviour does not match with our firm politics, we will do nothing to dupe our customers. Who does this intentionally, does harm himself, at the latest at the next release. And secondly this wouldn't work with a game like Arma 2. Arma 2 definitely isn't a game that one buys himself "just at release day". A such extensive and complex military simulation, which among other things will be enriched for a long time by ingenious mods of the community, will be bought over a long time span. Fans of BI games did follow the development of Arma 2 over a long time, did have many impressions and have ordered the game already. Other interested players will firstly wait for the test results and reactions of first customers, before they buy the game. Consequently we would have won nothing by artificially delaying test reports. Like I said, we could give the test version to the magazines only one week before, which probably just does be enough to get a general overview of the big part of all features. Because of this the fixed date is 29th may.

Edited by Undeceived