Sign in to follow this  
EricM

Latest ArmA2 & ArmA2:OA Press Coverage | NO discussion here!

I see the tanks still haven't been fixed. Small details like the turret rotation. It seems to be totally independant of the tank's capabilites when the hull is turning fast.

And again it seems as if all crew members are doing their own thing in a way. Not very optimized AI.

This video is from November 2008.

Don't worry, things most likely have improved from then.

I see the tanks still haven't been fixed. Small details like the turret rotation. It seems to be totally independant of the tank's capabilites when the hull is turning fast.

And again it seems as if all crew members are doing their own thing in a way. Not very optimized AI.

This video is from November 2008.

Don't worry, things most likely have improved from then.

I wouldn't be too sure, but lets hope for the best.

The Micro-AI is the feature I am most eager to see. I'm also looking forward to the new "conversation" system. Maybe it'll be as good as Fallout 3's, who knows?

What I don't want to see is an M1A2 Abrams tank exploding in a massive fireball after two RPG-7 hits to the front armor.

Or the main cannon being completely destroyed after one RPG-7 hit.

That Youtube Video is very funny.

At the End a apparently non-damaged AH1Z crashes right into a house and we have that delayed Arma-typical crash->bounce-off->explosion-phase again... like "hit the house", "bounce a meter back", "explosion sequence started".... i hate it tounge2.gifbiggrin_o.gif

But yes, compared to the latest Vids, these must be very old ones from the bootcamp event.

By the way the temporary Arma2 package (german) from Arma-MDB:

http://www.armamdb.de/phpkit....309.jpg

badass. That flag is still there thought, but at least its faded slightly.

Very nice video.

My only gripes:

1. Those imported Arma aircraft hangers & vehicles give me shivers. Pllllease make a new aircraft hanger. Every time I'll land a jet in ArmaII I'll think of Arma1. sad_o.gif

At least change the color, or something...

2. The Circular fireballs in the center of destroyed vehicles... looks amazingly unrealistic and simply kills immersion. Smaller fireballs in numerous parts of the vehicle would be perfect. Equalizing performance usage while increasing immersion and realism.

The little things:

-Parashoot clipping.

-Constant right/left turning down a hill by AI with tank, causing it to slide as if it were a skier going down a mountain side sideways.

-The sprint camera could be toned down. Like the idea.

I'm 9 hours into Friday already (JHB, South Africa) and still no NAPA vid? Ah well...guess I'll have to be patient. Hopefully we'll see something by the time the clock strikes midnight on the US west coast. tounge2.gif

I'm 9 hours into Friday already (JHB, South Africa) and still no NAPA vid? Ah well...guess I'll have to be patient. Hopefully we'll see something by the time the clock strikes midnight on the US west coast.  tounge2.gif

your signalture makes me mad, what the hell is it banghead.gif

your signalture makes me mad, what the hell is it  banghead.gif

What do you mean, what is it? It's an animated signature.

your signalture makes me mad, what the hell is it  banghead.gif

What do you mean, what is it? It's an animated signature.

I find it disturbing for some reason, makes me want to kill myself. sad_o.gif

I find it disturbing for some reason, makes me want to kill myself.  sad_o.gif

I'm sorry to hear that, mate. They have doctors and medication to treat what you have. biggrin_o.gif

Oh, and one more thing. Is it me or do the U.S. Marines in ArmA 2 look an awful like the Jonny's Marines addon?

You betcha. Why don't you ask Jonny himself? wink_o.gif

Good find. The AI don't look half as retarded any more, from the snippets I saw... excepting pond-swim man. I wonder if animation interpolation has been changed... those fireman carry animations go for some time, and I hope to Allah that we don't get the whole standing-up-with-binocular-when-shot syndrome. Although now I consider it, the ArmA animations for healing are fine w.r.t. interpolation, so hopefully everything will be rosy.

May the voices be changed... fast. smile_o.gif

I can't wait to see what happens when AI are under sniper fire and they don't know the direction its coming from.

I wonder if they'll just lay down right where they are and take it in the arse smile_o.gif

I'm sorry to hear that, mate. They have doctors and medication to treat what you have.  biggrin_o.gif

It's that freaky animation, when the eyes zoom towards the screen. mad_o.gif

Ok, tell you what. When I have some time, I'll make an option to stop/hide my sig - just for you, Raphier.

notworthy.gif

I´m not sure if I´ve leaning myself too far out of the window, but aren´t there indications that the dynamic conversation segment will have a realime text-to-speech engine embedded ?

This would be awesome as this would mean that mission editors do not have to record voice-samples anymore but can use the inbuilt text-to-speech engine.

If this is true, I´m going to do a middle-high jump in pink panties.

The tankslides still look very stupid though. No mass, no weight and the AI still slides them to loose speed. Nah, not nice.

Edit: Sometimes I think that a simple "Yes", "No" from a developer would really be an addition to all the feature discussions going on. Expectations (I don´t exclude myself there) sometimes simply go through the roof about Arma2 features. A simple statement would bring clarity and base discussions on solid ground.

I´m going to do a middle-high jump in pink panties.

Now that would be really scary stuff biggrin_o.gif

But yeah that tankslide really has to go.

Why do the AI swim through that small pond? smile_o.gif

Anyway, it looks really promising, although I do hope the AI is going to be customizable by the community. Doesn't seem very smart to run in open field in front of a T72.

imo HUD is too big. It constantly grows up from OFP thru ArmA.

We aren't blind so we can have smaller hud and more "clear" screen

Yeah the tank sliding is irritating. They need to make the tanks act less like skateboards.... Working smoke launchers would be nice too....

The vehicles still just stay as a whole and burst into flames.... Several mods have done it for ofp and arma surely we can have turrets that come of when hit with a strong enough munition.. and when helicopters fly into the floor surely they could just explode into debris...... It would be a huge improvement..

And i hope that swiming guy isnt with the rest of the squad thats walking down the road.......

Why is people picking on the tank slide??? I love it! Gets the tanks that little extra fun factor inlove.gif

A advanced tank should have some cool functions imo...

Great preview btw! Love the new 1st person view camera smile_o.gif

Btw any of the Bis devs know if vehicles can repair, rearm and refuel on the carrier similar to the old LST from Operation flashpoint? smile_o.gif

Judging from the information available on the official ArmA 2 website, it appears that NAPA are some sort of anarchists.

They are the most ill-equipped out of all the factions, and are unfriendly to all factions except civilians.

I'm sorry to hear that, mate. They have doctors and medication to treat what you have.  biggrin_o.gif

Firefox + adblock and you can block any sig images/flashes you don't like, problem solved.