Sign in to follow this  
EricM

Latest ArmA2 & ArmA2:OA Press Coverage | NO discussion here!

Its only that atm since theres no good quality news about other PC games atm, if there was then...

Lol.....i would rather say its because its one of the most anticipated games currently....

Also on german Gamestar its currently "game of the week".... ;)

Its only that atm since theres no good quality news about other PC games atm, if there was then...

Yep. Usually news regarding not including mission editor in console version don't help in a ranking I guess...

Troll says what?

Anyway, that video gamer article was quite positive and had a couple bits of new information.

Edited by -snafu-

Wow.. Boomar, you stepped on a landmine. lol. Was 6 out of 10000 yesterday. "mooovin' on up"

You seem to really lack the capability of learning how to be a constructive part of these forums. Seeing as 2 warnings and a 2 day post restriction don't seem to have done the job, the next incident of spamming/trolling or other rule breaking will result in a 2 week post restriction.

I just read that preview, wow that looks awesome. The screens are amazing too, I looked at the house - it looks so real.

I can't believe the graphics question over OFP:DR vs. Arma 2 still exists. It's clear the OFP:DR's graphics are nowhere as close to Arma 2.

Hi! I'm just wondering if there's any news on when the demo will be released?

According to 505, sometime before the international release. That means any time between now and June 18th. I'd say sometime around June 11th. :)

Nice :) I just hope my computer will run it :/ I guess I will find out soon then :D

The weird thing is, it's 3rd in ranking on that site, but if you check out Gametrailers or Gamespot, the OFPDR videos have a lot more hits. The least viewed DR vid on GT has 84K hits, whereas most of the faction videos of ArmA2 have 20-30K hits, 2 with 60K and 1 with 100K. On Gamespot DR vids have even more hits, and ArmA2 vids arent even uploaded by the Gamespot staff.

I'm very happy that ArmA2 is ranked 3rd on videogamer, thats a step forward, but the game still needs a good ad campaign.

Well, the staff at Gametrailers also completely missed the point of the videos...

"Armored Vehicles Trailer" :rolleyes:

Also the related games are rather "off" :D

Huh, demo after all huh? I thought there was going to be none.

Theres going to a be a demo pre june release. Thats all we know at this point.

Seeems BIS does everything right this time and if theres a demo then its a good sign BIS is happy with the current shape of the game.

Now i just hope the german version really doesnt differ too much from the "official" release versiosn 505 has so there wont be any bad ratings in the press.

I really hope that rating and sales wise this will be on par or above OFP:CWC

lets hope they dont do it like crytek did on the release of crysis.. they promised a beta and it didnt come out till after the game was released.. not that i cared, i was part of the beta... i think for a title scheduled to be released in less than a month there is way to little advertising/promotion... which makes me fearful of a delay...

lets hope they dont do it like crytek did on the release of crysis.. they promised a beta and it didnt come out till after the game was released.. not that i cared, i was part of the beta... i think for a title scheduled to be released in less than a month there is way to little advertising/promotion... which makes me fearful of a delay...

Well apparently they even pushed the release date forth by like 7 days lol:)

Instead of the 26th it is now supposed to come on the 19th of June.

The games finished for those who didn't know, can't remember where it is announced but the game is GM (Gold Master) basically translated into Plain English its ready to be copied onto the retail discs.

Or then BISs money has been spent in development and their pockets are too empty... Dunno, but could be.

Or then BISs money has been spent in development and their pockets are too empty... Dunno, but could be.

Promotion of the game is done by the publishers.

So far i seen not a single piece of Promotion in german mags, shame as thats really needed especially when you see what place OFP2:DR has compared to ArmA2... guess the fake teasers and the well known name worked well for CM.

I think morphicon tries to get the user by a mostly bugfree game but this is BIS job...I don't watch tv but there is really no ad about ArmA 2 nor on websites...

Personally i think that word of mouth advertisement works best.

It won't reach a world wide population but having people promote a game for you is the best thing that can happen to a developer.

We all know it is unwise to believe a PR hype machine, it leads to disappointment every single time.

Best example would be Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45 i think.

It started out as a mod for Unreal Tournament 2k4, but won a modding contest and after that they could start their own studio and make the mod retail with a huge overhaul.

It is not widely known at all, especially since it originated from a mod, but the people who know the game all love it and all recommend it to others.

It keeps the community small but not too small, and keeps all the retards away.

I dont think BIS has much problems with finances (though this is guesswork on my part and could be entirely false) with their licenses selling VBS2 to armies around the world, renting out their mo-cap studio and stuff like that.

At least BIS has a more varied income then most game developers, and i think that is part of what helps keep ArmA2 stick close to the roots of OFP, unlike the abomination that is stewed in Codemasters sick womb.