Sign in to follow this  
avibird 1

ArmA2 - The Xbox 360 thread

Yes, we would have laggy MP and horrible frame rates...

Oh wait.

Nevermind. :rolleyes:

Troll much?

1. No word/news/hint whatsoever from BIS

2. Ppl loose interest in the subject

Neither of which are any indication as to whether or not BIS are actually developing a 360 version.

I guess it is time to forget the whole Arma2/360 idea (much to the delight of pc gamers) because the facts speak for themselves:

I had to dig up this thread, with only 2 msg in the last 14 days. Btw, i come by just out of habit, nothing special ... you can not count my posting as 'interest in ArmA2/360' (although it will *bump* this thread)

Neither of which are any indication as to whether or not BIS are actually developing a 360 version.

That is a remote possibility ... but there isn't any actual proof save for some really old tidbits when the 360 version was perhaps still a real thing at BIS ... remember that long ago there was a reference to next-gen-console-TBD on BIS website ... not anymore, hence the signs are weak, very weak

Ragdoll physics are typically calculated CLIENT-SIDE, with each client potentially seeing something different happen.

Even World War II Online / Battleground Europe is coming out with ragdoll physics THIS VERY MOMENT (downloading, now) and it is all calculated client-side. No data transfer having to do with ragdolls.

And you know what? News of ragdolls in WW2OL is bringing lots of players back and attracting new ones.

There were excellent Havock ragdolls in Ghost Recon 2 on the old "brick" XBox. Absolutely no excuse and no justification for not having them, at this point.

you are aware than A2 has .paa files containing xbox related info, as well as defined entries in the config for UI including XBOX ref images...

i doubt BIS would add those (A1 didn't have those) if they weren't thinking about an xbox version.

I do belive that OA would be easier to port over than A2, due to its size (island) and optimization BIS already did for A2, and will come as standarnd in OA.

Gentleman, It's been a little while since I have made a post on this forum after the information I leak out that was given to me in multiple PM's from some of the members of the developers ( BOHEMIA I am sorry for that). The fact is BOHEMIA did not forget about the console community.

If ARMA2 can run the right (they do have a somewhat working game right now) way we will have a game however, as the end of the year is near and no new information is out BOHEMIA will most likely turn to OPERATION ARROWHEAD for us. It may be out at the same time as the PC or maybe some time after. BOHEMIA as a company knows the console market is where the money is in the future of gaming. They will not miss out.

I know it's hard but just wait and keep the hope alive. I have just gave up on playing OFPDR and will not buy any of the new DLC with the broke incomplete game that CODEMASTERS has push on the community. I have returned back to my roots with some good friends playing OFP ELITE. Still the best console game ever made. For all you console players stop playing all the crap games and get an old box and a copy of OFP for 45-65$ the cost of a new 360 game.

Just relax and wait BOHEMIA will make it happen for us.

I still have the old xbox but i cant find the game anywhere near my location or i would give it a go.(and I dont buy anything off the net)

OFP DR second patch fixed a bit but not everything and the new modes give it a slighty more open world feel, but its still got ways to go.

I still have the old xbox but i cant find the game anywhere near my location or i would give it a go.(and I dont buy anything off the net)

OFP DR second patch fixed a bit but not everything and the new modes give it a slighty more open world feel, but its still got ways to go.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=operation+flashpoint+elite&tag=googhydr-21&index=videogames&hvadid=3284931386&ref=pd_sl_51qox08vzk_b ..

if you do decide you wish to buy operation flashpoint elite

I guess it is time to forget the whole Arma2/360 idea (much to the delight of pc gamers) because the facts speak for themselves:

People lose interest---> 1) because of the lack of information , 2) because there are lots of post on this thread stating , the game can't work on a xbox 360 ...

Edited by cnickcj

I had to dig up this thread, with only 2 msg in the last 14 days. Btw, i come by just out of habit, nothing special ... you can not count my posting as 'interest in ArmA2/360' (although it will *bump* this thread)

Amen bro.. Although I still have interest in an ArmA game for the 360, the situation is frustrating and hope seems rather pointless. I still see no reason why BIS is not saying something concrete (positive or negative or at least something like: 'it will come if we can solve some problems we encountered') by now and that drives me into the same direction as you, I realize I don't care anymore whether it comes or not (which is not the same as having some interest). I'm not sure that BIS is really aware what huge opportunity is here for them to just grab after the DR desaster...

Grim

Happy new year to all. BOHEMIA, It's a new year, lets have some real news on your plans for this console community. If ARMA2 is not going to run right will operation arrowhead be the port. Just a little infomation would be nice for the new year thank you.

Amen bro.. Although I still have interest in an ArmA game for the 360, the situation is frustrating and hope seems rather pointless. I still see no reason why BIS is not saying something concrete (positive or negative or at least something like: 'it will come if we can solve some problems we encountered') by now and that drives me into the same direction as you, I realize I don't care anymore whether it comes or not (which is not the same as having some interest). I'm not sure that BIS is really aware what huge opportunity is here for them to just grab after the DR desaster...

Grim

Cut it down and squeeze it on to an xbox? and what? destroy the game...

Please make us a Xbox360 version of Elite. I don't care what you call it...OFP:Elite2, ARMA:Elite, Arrowhead, or BBC (Bohemia's Bastard Child)...just please do something for those of us that really loved OFP: Elite and would love to have something like it on the Xbox360. CM is destroying the Flashpoint name with DR by not releasing the editor for the console and charging for downloads that just unlock features already on the game disc. It's like giving someone a brand new Porche without any tires! (Personally I like a good 4x4 pickup truck...). CM doesn't seem to understand that a lot of the realistic military gamers in the age bracket of 30+ don't give a crap about their "gamer score" and what we really want is a game with an editor so we can make Co-op missions to run with our friends. OPF: Elite was perfect for that. All we need is a version with a little bit newer graphics that runs on the 360 and we'd be super happy. :yay:

Those of us that played the heck out of OPF: Elite would love you for ever, Bohemia.:icon_hug:

Edited by OverkillC7

Please make us a Xbox360 version of Elite. I don't care what you call it...OFP:Elite2, ARMA:Elite, Arrowhead, or BBC (Bohemia's Bastard Child)...just please do something for those of us that really loved OFP: Elite and would love to have something like it on the Xbox360. CM is destroying the Flashpoint name with DR by not releasing the editor for the console and charging for downloads that just unlock features already on the game disc. It's like giving someone a brand new Porche without any tires! (Personally I like a good 4x4 pickup truck...). CM doesn't seem to understand that a lot of the realistic military gamers in the age bracket of 30+ don't give a crap about their "gamer score" and what we really want is a game with an editor so we can make Co-op missions to run with our friends. OPF: Elite was perfect for that. All we need is a version with a little bit newer graphics that runs on the 360 and we'd be super happy. :yay:

Those of us that played the heck out of OPF: Elite would love you for ever, Bohemia.:icon_hug:

I completely agree.

A mission editor for co-op missions would be fantastic - a unique offering for the Xbox 360.

Gentleman, It's been a little while since I have made a post on this forum after the information I leak out that was given to me in multiple PM's from some of the members of the developers ( BOHEMIA I am sorry for that). The fact is BOHEMIA did not forget about the console community.

If ARMA2 can run the right (they do have a somewhat working game right now) way we will have a game however, as the end of the year is near and no new information is out BOHEMIA will most likely turn to OPERATION ARROWHEAD for us. It may be out at the same time as the PC or maybe some time after. BOHEMIA as a company knows the console market is where the money is in the future of gaming. They will not miss out.

I know it's hard but just wait and keep the hope alive. I have just gave up on playing OFPDR and will not buy any of the new DLC with the broke incomplete game that CODEMASTERS has push on the community. I have returned back to my roots with some good friends playing OFP ELITE. Still the best console game ever made. For all you console players stop playing all the crap games and get an old box and a copy of OFP for 45-65$ the cost of a new 360 game.

Just relax and wait BOHEMIA will make it happen for us.

they make plenty of money with VBS1 - VBS2 with all their military contracts, im sure.

all the previous titles theyve made as well never loss money, everythings been profit for them so far

ans yes consoles make alot of money, but hell no they better not start porting the series to consoles.

if anything donate 10-20 devs as a third party to help make a console game with some other company, BUT NOT ARMA!!!

---------- Post added at 04:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:07 AM ----------

go play dragon rising.

Edited by Vick

Cut it down and squeeze it on to an xbox? and what? destroy the game...

No mate just nerf the hell out of the GFX and AI and it will be fine.

The core mechanics of the gameplay don't need a supercomputer.

They should just cancel the xbox360 version and invest more time fixing the PC version (Which IMO was released far to early, almost still in a beta stage).

Besides i doubt the game will sell that well on the XBOX360, what with it being a complex game and all. Not to mention call of duty pretty much dominates online on the consoles for the FPS genre and the single player campaign in ARMA2 is, lightly put, bad.

I say keep it a PC game where it's meant to be.

Not to mention ARMA2 would be a fraction of what it is now without community additions etc.

Edited by thedudesam

Read the following and way it for yourself...

Luhgnut;1535583']Here's my 2.5 cents.....

I've noticed the main thing console gamers push back on gaming rigs and reasons not to have one is price.

Think about this. You spend $300 for a console.

Then feed it 2-3 games a month at $50.00 each. That's $450 bucks for the console and 3 games. How many console gamers have only 3 games? Let's kick in another 3 games so you have six titles (which is more real-world). That's $600 bucks total.

How many people here could build a fairly good gaming rig with $600 bucks?

I could. Enough to play Arma2 anyway. Then get arma2 for $50.00 You have $650 invested and playing a great game for months. Now you're not buying 3 more games a month. Break even if you only play arma2 is just under 2.5 months (not counting the $300 for the initial console' date=' cause you're going to spend that anyway). And you have a PC that you can do so much more with than a console, and you aren't subjected to the sea of bile that are console games. So while you wait months if not forever for a title to be watered down and ported to the mighty console, in 2.33 months, you would be playing the game for the same price as waiting around for it on the console.

Actual cost of ownership/entertainment is much more expensive on console and the quality of titles are better on PC. Four player co-op? pfft. Alienware=nifty case.[/quote']

Luhgnut;1535641']Case in point' date='

Console $300

Unnamed console war game released $50.00

Unnamed console war game beat in 12 hours +/- (since there is little or no online and DLC, then that's about the extent of the gameplay time)

$350 dollar invested for 12 hours game play. That title alone and initial console investment is almost halfway to a gaming rig to play a game you will spend hundreds if not thousands of hours of gaming in Arma2.

Cost per hour =

Unnamed wargame / console = $29.17 / entertainment hour.

Arma2 / gaming rig = $1.3 / entertainment hour.

Price breakdown:

Console and unnamed game = $350 / 12 hours (the time I beat the game in, actually it was just over 5 hours casual play but meh, leaning toward fudge factor).

Gaming Rig + Arma2 = $650 / 500 hours (least that's what I have logged... and counting with no end in sight... hence you're 3 year exclusively playtime, you're price per hour is prolly less than a penny. )

Your cost per entertainment hour is extremely less going the gaming rig route. If you consider the intangible of having an actual computer, then the value of gaming rig vs a console is over the top.

Jeez, I need a life. If anybody has one I could borrow, I would appreciate it.[/quote']

Grim.... this can only be for you...

Get a PC you pov kunt :)

I provided the link to Bohemia's page including their official stance regarding consoles so we needn't suffer the futile gripings of elitists...

I provided the link to Bohemia's page including their official stance regarding consoles so we needn't suffer the futile gripings of elitists...

ummm... where?

They should just cancel the xbox360 version

I thought they did. A long time ago.

http://www.arma2.com/ used to say that the game was coming to "PC DVD, next gen console (TBD)". Now, there is no mention of a console version.

http://www.bistudio.com/arma2.html used to say "Platform: Windows, Next generation consoles" now it's just "Platform: Windows XP, Windows Vista".

If the console version wasn't canceled, why take this info out? It's not like they could possibly break any law by saying that they are working on a console version if they don't even specify which console it's on.

I thought they did. A long time ago.

http://www.arma2.com/ used to say that the game was coming to "PC DVD, next gen console (TBD)". Now, there is no mention of a console version.

http://www.bistudio.com/arma2.html used to say "Platform: Windows, Next generation consoles" now it's just "Platform: Windows XP, Windows Vista".

If the console version wasn't canceled, why take this info out? It's not like they could possibly break any law by saying that they are working on a console version if they don't even specify which console it's on.

That's good, probably why the 1.05 patch was EXCELLENT.

hmmm http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1505943&postcount=1210

"Monday, 01 October 2007"... have anything more current, and when you post like you do you could have put your link in again.....But what do i know i am a "elitsts"

That's good, probably why the 1.05 patch was EXCELLENT.
Doesn't make any sense.

Patch numero 5 is good because they never worked on a console version anyway ... the logic some guys use to put down consoles is beyond me.

1: damn cold outside

2: yup, cause of all them mw2 copies on 360

1: yeah, well at least it keeps the console n00bs warm, if it doesn't rrod on them ... LOL (dzingg)

2: oh no, 1 is down

(i know, it doesn't make sense either)

It would perhaps make more sense to think that the patch was excellent because they do work on a console version...

Grim

It would perhaps make more sense to think that the patch was excellent because they do work on a console version...

Grim

Yes just like with DR.... lol