Sign in to follow this  
avibird 1

ArmA2 - The Xbox 360 thread

They've already stated they want to make a console version. Bumping this thread isn't helping anything.

Yes it does, Let me tell you how. I still play OFPDR some days when I am not playing the elite with my group. Every day when I meet new players on XBOX LIVE we talk about what is wrong with the game and what the game should have been like. I tell them about how great OFP ELITE was and all about BOHEMIA and the ARMA games. I tell them to come to this forum to learn more about the games. Most new players who come here just look at the first few pages and if they don't see anything about the console they go (yes most people do not use the search).

I want to keep the hit count high on this thread. Numbers have to count for something when bohemia makes the call to confirm it or not. Why, does it make you upset to see one console thread still active on this forum. You PC boys have the whole forum.

Whats weird about this is that even the BIS CEO Marek posts randomly in some threads but nothing from BIS in this thread?

If the game comes to Xbox 360 it won't even be half of what it is now... i mean some of the best pc's can barely run this game on max with more than a few groups of units down :eek: so how will the console cope?

If OA and Arma 2 ever go to consoles, how the hell is the controls going to be like?

RT+X+Y+R3+RB&LB(at same time) open up Map. :p

Its hard enough programming my 360 controller for Arma 2!

Plus the game would've to be dumbed down, AI would have to be optimized like crazy seeing how it eats away at Dual cores and quadcores pretty well.

Maybe MS and PS3 will come up with a system of running 360's and PS3's in SLI or Crossfire LOL

Imagine that mess?? :)

If OA and Arma 2 ever go to consoles, how the hell is the controls going to be like?

RT+X+Y+R3+RB&LB(at same time) open up Map. :p

Its hard enough programming my 360 controller for Arma 2!

Plus the game would've to be dumbed down, AI would have to be optimized like crazy seeing how it eats away at Dual cores and quadcores pretty well.

Maybe MS and PS3 will come up with a system of running 360's and PS3's in SLI or Crossfire LOL

Imagine that mess?? :)

They said man would never land on the moon , but they did .. ? maybe you couldn't make a game run on a console , but please don't say other people haven't the skills to do this sort of thing ,

Btw i have a pc that can run this game , but i wish to play on a console .

They said man would never land on the moon , but they did
They also said Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising would be the most realistic shooter ever.
Btw i have a pc that can run this game , but i wish to play on a console .
Why would you want to play on a console when you can play on PC?

Why do you, or anyone else for that matter, want to play with inferior graphics, controls, lack of dedicated servers, mods and addons and so on? :confused:

Bohemia don't have the millions of dollars to throw around like other companies do, the thought of ArmA 2 running on the Xbox 360 is laughable.

All you PC fanboys need to get lives or expand them. OFPDR proved that milsim games can work on console in general.

LOL hahaha :p

All you PC fanboys need to get lives or expand them. OFPDR proved that milsim games can work on console in general.

Actully quite the opposite when it comes to OFPDR to be honest

They said man would never land on the moon , but they did .. ?

Don't wanna go there, but try looking over some footage on that so called moon landing. Then check NASA's schedule and see that they have a moon huge budget landing set 2020....

Anyways...

DR and milsim in the same sentence? That speaks a lot about your own self really

Don't wanna go there, but try looking over some footage on that so called moon landing. Then check NASA's schedule and see that they have a moon huge budget landing set 2020....

Anyways...

DR and milsim in the same sentence? That speaks a lot about your own self really

if they landed on the moon or not , nearly everybody believed it , so as far as we know its a fact ,and their lie(if you wish to call it that) which became fact

was part of the process of the moon landing .

what is better if two ppl enjoy the same experence on different levels ?

Anyways...

if they landed on the moon or not , nearly everybody believed it , so as far as we know its a fact ,and their lie(if you wish to call it that) which became fact

was part of the process of the moon landing .

They also said Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising would be the most realistic shooter ever.

Why would you want to play on a console when you can play on PC?.

so what you are saying power= better ? ,

Why do you, or anyone else for that matter, want to play with inferior graphics, controls, lack of dedicated servers, mods and addons and so on? :confused:.

what is better if two ppl enjoy the same experence on different levels ? or you should ask me why do ppl walk to the shops when they have a car .

Edited by cnickcj

Why do you, or anyone else for that matter, want to play with inferior graphics, controls, lack of dedicated servers, mods and addons and so on? :confused:

Bohemia don't have the millions of dollars to throw around like other companies do, the thought of ArmA 2 running on the Xbox 360 is laughable.

For the most part to answer your question is because its EASY , Less EXPENSIVE and PARTY SYSTEMS. Thats like asking why drive a Toyota when you can drive a Mercedes. The consoles are easy to manage and no matter what game you play with your freinds you know that all of them will be able to play. I am not sure about any one else but I like siting in front of my LCD 42" and siting in my game recliner and playing. Now this maybe able to be done on a custom rigg but how many extra components do you have to buy to accomplish that. I have everything I need right out the box. My freinds I can reach them at a push of a button and can talk to them all at once even if we are not playing the same game and now we even watch movies together in one party, on one device. I am willing to take that compromise for that kind of inexpensive comfort.

Far as BIS not having millions of dollars, well if they ever wanted to then the consoles would be a good place to start and they would attract more of an audience. Not every company started as a million dollar power house. Consoles have influenced and changed the gaming industrie making it as big and as powerfull as it is today. Go to any retail store, electronics store, video rental store. I think that Arma 2 would flourish on the consoles IF done right. You say that ARMA 2 or games like it comming to consoles is laughable and I say its inevitable.

Beats me, idk why zillion ppl esp. kids buy those damned DS thingies. I mean ... small screen, some plastic pointer for controls and no modding. What gets into the heads of these dumbo's.

Oh ... wait ... they play a GAME. (but for us semi-gaming-gods, we need our 2000$ setups to reach that 100fps on our 1920x1080 res screen. We do it for no less. We shall/must upgrade/tweak/mod until that perfect game finally arrives. We don't do 'simple' gaming pleasures. We have higher goals. We sit INSIDE to simulate the outside world. How clumsy)

Zzzzzzzz (goes into hibernation to see in a few months if there is news about a possible OA 360 versio)

Beats me, idk why zillion ppl esp. kids buy those damned DS thingies. I mean ... small screen, some plastic pointer for controls and no modding. What gets into the heads of these dumbo's.

Oh ... wait ... they play a GAME. (but for us semi-gaming-gods, we need our 2000$ setups to reach that 100fps on our 1920x1080 res screen. We do it for no less. We shall/must upgrade/tweak/mod until that perfect game finally arrives. We don't do 'simple' gaming pleasures. We have higher goals. We sit INSIDE to simulate the outside world. How clumsy)

Zzzzzzzz (goes into hibernation to see in a few months if there is news about a possible OA 360 versio)

I knew I liked you for a reason.

what is better if two ppl enjoy the same experence on different levels ? or you should ask me why do ppl walk to the shops when they have a car .

Exercise.

I've still yet to be convinced as to why ArmA 2 should be ported to consoles.

Controllers are clunky and a bitch to use, the Xbox 360 hardware is way too weak to handle ArmA 2 without it being stripped down way too much (And thus not worth it), and why do people think Bohemia can afford to port ArmA 2 to the consoles when they are currently working on 3 different games? (Patching ArmA 2, ArmA 2 Operation Arrowhead and Carrier Command Gaea Mission). They just don't have the money nor time to do it. They don't have a big name publisher to help them like they did with the original Operation Flashpoint.

Again, I've still yet to be convinced as to why people believe they can magically put ArmA 2 on an Xbox 360.

-snip-
-snip

Clearly you didn't notice I was asking the guy who mentioned he already has a PC capable of running ArmA 2.

Edited by Fudgeblood

Exercise.

I've still yet to be convinced as to why ArmA 2 should be ported to consoles.

Controllers are clunky and a bitch to use, the Xbox 360 hardware is way too weak to handle ArmA 2 without it being stripped down way too much (And thus not worth it), and why do people think Bohemia can afford to port ArmA 2 to the consoles when they are currently working on 3 different games? (Patching ArmA 2, ArmA 2 Operation Arrowhead and Carrier Command Gaea Mission). They just don't have the money nor time to do it. They don't have a big name publisher to help them like they did with the original Operation Flashpoint.

Again, I've still yet to be convinced as to why people believe they can magically put ArmA 2 on an Xbox 360.

Clearly you didn't notice I was asking the guy who mentioned he already has a PC capable of running ArmA 2.

I like consoles only because its out of the box games , no patch upgrade of software etc , You are right bohemia got help with operation flashpoint ,

and i believe every fraction of thought has go into working out a way to make the game run on a console smoothly , ppl who play console games are happy with the games , doesn't have to be movie looking ,

i get the feeling again we have game blockers , if i was talking about a woman i would say c..k blockers . lol ,.

I use to play games on the pc until i started to play consoles more often , there were the same types of games on the console as the pc , just have to find the game i like , now i am comfortable with console control pad , it was hard to use at first , but anything a person does for the first time is a new experience ....

Since i have stopped using my pc for games , i have never had to reinstall windows , i can't remember any spyware on my computer , it runs for what i want it for , to study and run the relevent programes relating to my studies ..

But you never know , one day i may see if arma2 gives me a good experience on my pc , but i will more than likely wait to see if operation arrowhead comes to the console , if not i wil buy this for pc and join the fun.. :) ......

Edited by cnickcj

I am not sure about any one else but I like siting in front of my LCD 42" and siting in my game recliner and playing. Now this maybe able to be done on a custom rigg but how many extra components do you have to buy to accomplish that.

In some cases, no extra parts at all. In the worst case scenario a few very cheap standard parts. At most you would only need:

1. USB hub / extension cable if you sit far and don't use wireless mouse+keyb.

2. A hard mouse pad, or a book or stool under a soft pad, unless you use a trackball mouse.

3. In the extremely rare case of your TV not having a DVI or VGA input, a HDMI cable and possibly a DVI/HDMI adapter if your gfx card didn't come with one.

Of course you could also just use a wireless Xbox360 controller on your PC but that would somewhat beat the purpose, like putting training wheels to a 1000cc MotoGP bike.

Obvious fake is so damn obvious. You can clearly see it's a copy-pasted Xbox360 header from another game's box art. The proportions of the header are all wrong because they left out the "Xbox Live" portion which is still partially visible on the right edge. It also obstructs a part of the image which is intended to be fully visible, making the box art very unpleasing to the eye in general. A very poor job by whoever made that fake box art.

BIS should contact them and ask them to take it down. It's not very nice to sell a game with their name on it, when the game simply doesn't exist.

th_fake_a2box.jpg

Edited by Pulverizer

Obvious fake is so damn obvious. You can clearly see it's a copy-pasted Xbox360 header from another game's box art. The proportions of the header are all wrong because they left out the "Xbox Live" portion which is still partially visible on the right edge. It also obstructs a part of the image which is intended to be fully visible, making the box art very unpleasing to the eye in general. A very poor job by whoever made that fake box art.

BIS should contact them and ask them to take it down. It's not very nice to sell a game with their name on it, when the game simply doesn't exist.

th_fake_a2box.jpg

Hey, If and when BOHEMIA does confirm a console version of ARMA. BOHEMIA will let us know (This forum) and the gaming world in general. Right now no real news only hints. We all know why PC are bigger and we all know why most people today like consoles better to play VIDEO GAMES on (yes I said games). I hate to tell you guys ARMA is not a real mil simulator it's a GAME people play for fun not training. Get over it boys. Lets not make this a PC vs Console thing. You can't turn back the clock. The console system is the main future of gaming companies this is not 1999? I would love someone from BOHEMIA just to vist this thread and give a little hint.

Until there's a console version of Arma 2 announced, there's nothing else to discuss about in this thread really.

PS. Consoles suck PC teabags ;)

Can someone please tell me when BIS' games stopped being simulators? It seems that ArmA II has started making people say that the games aren't actually simulators, whereas with OFP and ArmA before it, everyone considered them simulators. What exactly changed? They're still simulators you guys. They're not VBS2-level simulators, but they're still simulators. A "game" is something like MW2.

Until there's a console version of Arma 2 announced, there's nothing else to discuss about in this thread really.

PS. Consoles suck PC teabags ;)

If there is nothing else to discuss , why did you come to this thread and say something , you don't make much sense ...

If there is nothing else to discuss , why did you come to this thread and say something , you don't make much sense ...

I'm sorry to hear that you cannot keep track of a conversation spanning over two or more posts. My comment was in reply to Avibird saying "Lets not make this a PC vs Console thing".

What else is there to discuss? Nothing, there's been no news or new information about a possible (hahahahaha...) Xbox 360 version of Arma2 in ages. So might as well keep the PC vs console rants confined to this one thread as to not shit all the other threads with this nonsense.

Avibird seems to have no issue in going ranting about consoles in threads that have absolutely nothing to do with them, so why should we not come to his thread to talk about PCs?

Edited by Pulverizer