Sign in to follow this  
avibird 1

ArmA2 - The Xbox 360 thread

That is one of the things i like about consoles (360 for me) cause everybody has the same input devices, the splendid 360 controller, and thus everybody is equal and thus we NEVER have to discuss this, and therefor it is ONLY the game under hand that matters. Everybody's equal, no cheating (except for 'bug' in the game, up to dev to repair) and gaming is 100% ... that is just damn relaxing, to know that you don't have to worry if your setup is better/worse than the guys next door:)

To be raped by someone who is actually BETTER at the game? Np ... but to be raped cause that guys has 'better input devices/more expensive rig' ... how weak.

I agree , to have a better computer would not be a fair match in any game , lets play chess , so simple but yet it all depends on your next move ....

That is one of the things i like about consoles (360 for me) cause everybody has the same input devices, the splendid 360 controller, and thus everybody is equal and thus we NEVER have to discuss this, and therefor it is ONLY the game under hand that matters. Everybody's equal, no cheating (except for 'bug' in the game, up to dev to repair) and gaming is 100% ... that is just damn relaxing, to know that you don't have to worry if your setup is better/worse than the guys next door:)

To be raped by someone who is actually BETTER at the game? Np ... but to be raped cause that guys has 'better input devices/more expensive rig' ... how weak.

deleted

Edited by ParadiseLost
because of infraction.

what are you doing in a PC communities forum?

just another lost retard.

+1 infraction for that.

If you came here just to cause trouble and bash other users I guarantee you a very short career.

Edited by W0lle

FYI, I use a variety of analogue controllers: Saitek P990 pad with two analogue sticks, TrackIR 4, Microsoft Sidewinder Forcefeedback 2 stick, Saitek X52 pro stick+throttle, Saitek AV8R stick, Logitech G25 wheel/pedals...

It's just that I think playing Arma2 solely on a gamepad would pretty much kill the game experience. It's clumsy and difficult enough to work around the quirks of the controls without having to use some awkward little sticks for aiming, commanding troops, messing with the gear and various UI elements etc.

I agree that the button assignments would suck but I was talking about gaming generally. Analogs are not clumsy. The PS3 supports Kb/m so I don't think the input argument with respect to RTS and games with a large amount of commands like Arma are as relevant.

Is that a challenge? I gladly accept. You play with the Xbox 360 pad, I'll take my kb+m. Pick any recent PC FPS you like, preferably something fast like Quake 3 Live and I will fucking rape you :D

Unreal Tournament 3 on the PS3. It will allow you to use your Kb/m. I'm not a top dueler but I'll play you and I'll have a few friends of mine who also use controller duel you (the guys from clan Quake Marines will be chomping at the bit).

---------- Post added at 09:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:33 PM ----------

What does someones avatar have to do with anything?

I thought forums were for discussing topics with other users, not commenting on who has the best or worst profile picture.

I apologize, it was unnecessary.

Riiiiiight. Are you trying to trick me or are you just fooling yourselves? :p

There's steering wheels to replace pads for racing games, extensions to triggers and analogue sticks to improve accuracy, pads with "turbo" buttons that allow rapid fire with semi-auto weapons in shooters, better TVs, switches to cause lag spikes on command etc.

There was a guy on these very forums bragging how much better he did in COD after getting an extension for his anal. stick.

---------- Post added at 12:03 AM ---------- Previous post was Yesterday at 11:58 PM ----------

Unreal Tournament 3 on the PS3. It will allow you to use your Kb/m. I'm not a top dueler but I'll play you and I'll have a few friends of mine who also use controller duel you (the guys from clan Quake Marines will be chomping at the bit).

You don't even play on the PC, yet comment on how pads are on par with m+kb? Get out of here, Stalker.

I've got UT3 on the PC but I'm not gonna buy a goddamn PS3 just to prove my point. We were talking about playing a PC game with a pad, not a console game with a mouse.

Edited by Pulverizer

You don't even play on the PC, yet comment on how pads are on par with m+kb? Get out of here, Stalker.

I've got UT3 on the PC but I'm not gonna buy a goddamn PS3 just to prove my point. We were talking about playing a PC game with a pad, not a console game with a mouse.

You're right, I don't play on the PC anymore. It got tiresome upgrading. I started as an exclusively PC gamer and now find myself playing exclusively on consoles. Guess what? The competition is no different on either. I've seen UT players that primarily play PS3 smoke PC players, and vice versa, on both platforms. You're not Boots, Hypno, Heaton, etc. so my statement regarded the fact that you're gaming ability isn't great enough to be significantly affected unless you're well below average with the analogs.

I stand by my assertion that the only significant difference for those that are skilled gamers (excluding professionals who play at an absurdly fast rate, but Arma is hardly a "twitch shooter") is in the long range shots which require pixel-small aiming margins.

You're right, I don't play on the PC anymore. It got tiresome upgrading.
Well to upgrade you would have to move out of your mom's basement and get a job...
I started as an exclusively PC gamer and now find myself playing exclusively on consoles.
Well if all you had to play on was a PakardBell Biz PC... i guess Crysis was out of your league...
Guess what? The competition is no different on either. I've seen UT players that primarily play PS3 smoke PC players, and vice versa, on both platforms. You're not Boots, Hypno, Heaton, etc. so my statement regarded the fact that you're gaming ability isn't great enough to be significantly affected unless you're well below average with the analogs.
Now your just talking BS and "Dropping" names of "Pros"... Pros of UT3!!11... silly game, who cares about Pros... Your in a Simulated game forum.
I stand by my assertion that the only significant difference for those that are skilled gamers (excluding professionals who play at an absurdly fast rate, but Arma is hardly a "twitch shooter") is in the long range shots which require pixel-small aiming margins.
Well just how big are your jaggie pixels on your PS3 games.... And how far are your"longrange" shots in your shoebox shooter? Oh if its UT3 , that cheep quick zoom gets to 100m real fast...But i guess if you sit far enough away you dont notice the pixels the size of your little finger nail...Pads.. i have a Dpad built into my Belkin Keypad...My mouse is all over a right Dpad..more buttons too..Then there are the MACROs... More skill less mash.

No FPS worth a shit will ever be on a console.
Heh, you might want to change FPS to sim if you don't want to come off too redneck.

No FPS or sim worth a shit will ever be on a console. :P

Well to upgrade you would have to move out of your mom's basement and get a job...Well if all you had to play on was a PakardBell Biz PC... i guess Crysis was out of your league... Now your just talking BS and "Dropping" names of "Pros"... Pros of UT3!!11... silly game, who cares about Pros... Your in a Simulated game forum. Well just how big are your jaggie pixels on your PS3 games.... And how far are your"longrange" shots in your shoebox shooter? Oh if its UT3 , that cheep quick zoom gets to 100m real fast...But i guess if you sit far enough away you dont notice the pixels the size of your little finger nail...Pads.. i have a Dpad built into my Belkin Keypad...My mouse is all over a right Dpad..more buttons too..Then there are the MACROs... More skill less mash.

An appropriate handle sir, both a clown and a boy. I've got better things to spend my money on than the latest stuff AMD and ATI are rolling out that you punch your clown to. Tell me, if I looked at the PC magazines that you undoubtedly keep in your bathroom, would I find every other page stuck together? They have a name for that, it's called mechaphilia.

UT3 pro's? The first two are. Heaton is a CS player. Clown. And besides, your friend is the one who brought up "twitch shooters" you butt clown. SO it's only natural I would bring up competitive players - that's what we were talking about. Does Arma have a competitive circuit? Nope. That's why you don't need the precision of a mouse to play it. Keyboard is secondary to an analog for movement.

The rest of your post is more or less an incoherent jumble of what would otherwise be nonsense. You're the forums "special kid" aren't you? Here, I'm a nice guy so don't thank me, this emoticon should keep you amused for years!

:yay:

Edited by Buzzin Fr0g

An appropriate handle sir, both a clown and a boy. I've got better things to spend my money on than the latest stuff AMD and ATI are rolling out that you punch your clown to. Tell me, if I looked at the PC magazines that you undoubtedly keep in your bathroom, would I find every other page stuck together? They have a name for that, it's called mechaphilia.

UT3 pro's? The first two are. Heaton is a CS player. Clown. And besides, your friend is the one who brought up "twitch shooters" you butt clown. SO it's only natural I would bring up competitive players - that's what we were talking about. Does Arma have a competitive circuit? Nope. That's why you don't need the precision of a mouse to play it. Keyboard is secondary to an analog for movement.

The rest of your post is more or less an incoherent jumble of what would otherwise be nonsense. You're the forums "special kid" aren't you? Here, I'm a nice guy so don't thank me, this emoticon should keep you amused for years!

:yay:

Did you just arrive from the CM forums :butbut:

Man, the pc-x360 bashing just goes on and on. Of course a modern pc is a lot faster then a 360 but that doesn't mean you can't make an arma style game on it.

I like having the consoles around, they keep the system requirements of games so low I can still play them smoothly with my 3yr old 8800gtx, dont care much for graphics anyway, should have bought a cheaper card.

If I didn't want to play total war, supreme commander, arma, old rainbow6's, gtr- 2/evo and richard burns rally I might have bought a PS3, maybe I will when GT5 (finally) comes out. :D

I started as an exclusively PC gamer and now find myself playing exclusively on consoles. Guess what? The competition is no different on either. I've seen UT players that primarily play PS3 smoke PC players, and vice versa, on both platforms. You're not Boots, Hypno, Heaton, etc. so my statement regarded the fact that you're gaming ability isn't great enough to be significantly affected unless you're well below average with the analogs.

OMG... Then how come zero (0) players on competitive PC FPS games play with pads instead of mouse? You don't see anyone in a FPS tournament sporting a gamepad even though the games support them (although no auto-aim / aim-assist like on the consoles).

With a gamepad, it's simply a physical impossibility to pull off anything resembling this:

Edited by Pulverizer

If the bashing, flaming and spamming here doesn't stop we simply close this thread until there is word from BIS that there will be a console version.

we simply close this thread until there is word from BIS that there will be a console version.
This is an excellent idea.

found where to get i5 and latest ATI gfx card for 325Aus dollars altogether, then il just need to upgrade my sh!tbox of a computer's (acer Veriton 5100) harddrive space(it can barely run with all of my word documents on there lol) and either pay to upgrade my RAM or see if that usb trick to upgrade RAM works and all of that (including if i have to pay for RAM) is about 600Aus Dollars (about 560American) plus 100 for Arma1 and mabye arma2 if it will run cuz i cant go over dl limite coz we get fined sh!tloads for only 1 gig over.

Im not going to say anything about pcs vs consoles, cuz ur both low but im paying 800 bucks for 2 games, not for the pc imo, just shows how desperate i am for gameplay and not bragging rites, hey im getting a part time job WHILE studying for degree to get me in the states (alot of you US boys dont know how hard that is) just for this, oh and is Arma1 more like arma2 or ofp and yea i loo forward to playing with u guys

found where to get i5 and latest ATI gfx card for 325Aus dollars altogether, then il just need to upgrade my sh!tbox of a computer's (acer Veriton 5100) harddrive space(it can barely run with all of my word documents on there lol) and either pay to upgrade my RAM or see if that usb trick to upgrade RAM works and all of that (including if i have to pay for RAM) is about 600Aus Dollars (about 560American) plus 100 for Arma1 and mabye arma2 if it will run cuz i cant go over dl limite coz we get fined sh!tloads for only 1 gig over.

Im not going to say anything about pcs vs consoles, cuz ur both low but im paying 800 bucks for 2 games, not for the pc imo, just shows how desperate i am for gameplay and not bragging rites, hey im getting a part time job WHILE studying for degree to get me in the states (alot of you US boys dont know how hard that is) just for this, oh and is Arma1 more like arma2 or ofp and yea i loo forward to playing with u guys

Wrong thread, and please, for the love of good use proper English.

This isn't a mobile phone, there is no need to use "u" instead of "you".

If the bashing, flaming and spamming here doesn't stop we simply close this thread until there is word from BIS that there will be a console version.
This is an excellent idea.

This is the reason why most of the PC boys post post to this thread. They don't even what anyone to talk about a console version. They don't want BOHEMIA to see how many people really want this game to workout.

So if you close this thread new players from the console communities will have no place to go to show support for this game. Just give bashing, flaming and spamming guys a week off from the forum. It will stop then.

Edited by AVIBIRD 1

AVIBIRD 1 it doesnt matter how often you are trying to bump this thread up. BIS are developing the game and only they can/will decide if its worth to port it or not. ;)

W0lle good idea and everybody (pc or console player) will stay interested.

Yes, please do lock this thread, W0lle. There isn't really anything to talk about anyways, apart from the same old arguments.

Do you think it's possible to write in proper english here? Not everyone has english as first language and is not interested in decrypting your text or guessing what you mean.

And yes this is a forum, not an ingame chat or mobile phone. You have all the time you need to write your posts.

I hope this game does eventually make it to console...

Adult shooters have all gone extinct

The semi success of OFP:DR even though it was half done, should show the market that there is a desperate group of gamers that want more mature titles.

I don't know how we had more last generation that we do this generation. Before this generation Ghost recon and rainbow six were the most dominant titles...staying on lives' top ten for years..then we cross over to this gen and Ubisofts top concern is raving rabbids for the wii..while up to 3 years pass before they even consider revamping their money makers

Not saying GR & RB6 are genuine military simulations, but it was the closest thing.

OFP:DR basically advertised Arma 2, they couldn't deliver it. They lied & cheated their way to selling that title...but people still bought it because the genre is all but extinct...

So imagine if we get the real thing?

The semi success of OFP:DR even though it was half done, should show the market that there is a desperate group of gamers that want more mature titles.

So there's people actually playing it online on the consoles? Is it like a handful, dozens or hundreds of people? :eek: