Sign in to follow this  
opteryx

Avgani Iraq

Quote[/b] ]In all fairness people nitpick things on these forums down to the last pixel and I say there's a rather big difference between and island and a map.

Anyway I'd rather see people stay on topic, there's over 20 000 objects on the map and it's not easy for me to find every flaw by myself, so keep posting bugs.

Word Brother.

Downloading and checking it out.

In all fairness people nitpick things on these forums down to the last pixel and I say there's a rather big difference between and island and a map.

Anyway I'd rather see people stay on topic, there's over 20 000 objects on the map and it's not easy for me to find every flaw by myself, so keep posting bugs.

ok m8,

there are some houses (BIS models) in the city that have a hight elevation and its hard to use the stairs. I will post the coords when my pc is not busy.

edit:

Coord: ci21 Bis model - ladder too high.

Ill post if i find more.

edit2:

is this the ladder (qg) you already mentioned, the one you forgot to remove?

avgani_bug01_s.jpg

1024x768

its not working.

Nah, the ladder p3d error is something in the config, not an actual object. Also that ladder never worked, I don't think it's even used on Sahrani.

I checked this map out against Googlemaps and I must say you have done a superb job recreating this area of Iraq. Keep up the good work.

looks really good, not downloading it just yet cause after reading all the comments, i think i better wait till the next release when all the bugs are fixed. (and maybe someone did a mission too smile_o.gif

Great map. I made a video if you'd like to use it, it was really just a test of the camera.sqs but I think you could get some mileage out of it smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]I did notice one thing, though not sure if it's my end or not. I use 6th's tracers and well you know at night when you have a lot of them whizzing past building they sorta light up a bit? Well I don't have that on this map. I went to one of the Bis maps and it was fine. Maybe something at my end, probably. Just thought I'd bring it up anyway.

Yeah same here. No lighting effects on the buildings are visible with tracers using SLX either...

Other than the above mentioned, this map is absolutely fantastic. I love the garbage along the streets, the bins, the road layout, everything! It's very submersive. Awesome job!

I found something kind of odd. I'm not sure if there is anything you can do about it or if it's just one of those ArmA things. The small stone wall pictured below is near VCP ALPHA in CB17. It's only a couple inches tall and my unit was unable to walk over it. It had to "dance" my unit around to get him across it.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v238/monty67t/AVGANI_BUG_01.jpg

In my earlier post, I asked if you would consider removing all the text and labels on the map, such as the vehicle checkpoints. After spending more time in the city, I take back what I said. The way you built this, with the walls and checkpoints, there is pretty much no other option for a mission maker then to have the friendly forces in the "blue zone". That said, they VCPs and stuff are probably better off remaining labeled.

I spent a year in Iraq in 2005 - 2006. I flew to almost every camp and base in the country. Your city does a wonderful job of replicating the kind of setup you would find in a small Iraqi city such as this one. You could never perfectly simulate it, but your map does a very good job of it. Congrats on the release and keep up the good work. If you or anyone else for that matter needs any reference pics, I have hundreds from my tour, just let me know.

Thanks,

Monty - ODA 551

Great Map!

Love your buildings too, add a lot of varity to the town scape

This would be a great CTF map.

Gnat @ July 26 2008,00:48)]Great Map!

Love your buildings too, add a lot of varity to the town scape

This would be a great CTF map.

CTF!?! What do you think this is, BF2!?! Just kidding! I agree with you about the custom buildings. It's really nice to see custom buildings for a change. The thing I really like about the buildings is that they fit in well with the default BIS buildings. They don't look out of place.

Hi

Just go to the Police Station in Cg16 - fantastic. The whole town seems to gel together and the buildings are very well done.

I noticed the building with the curved front in the top left corner of Ci20 has some textures missing at the back and side, and the ladder at the back seems to start underground so anyone climbing starts and ends their climb underground. Not a complaint - I wish I had a fraction of your skill.

cjph

notworthy.gif  notworthy.gif

I'm putting together a mission pack for my team and I wonder what are the best units to be used to this map?

1. Insurgents?

2. BLUFOR US Soldiers?

3. Iraqi police?

Thanks!

I tell ya one thing, taking a stroll on this map, makes me wish there would be some new civilians released that go with this kind of area instead of the "beach bum/surfer" type we have now, hehe.

I'm also a bit relieved to see I wasn't the only one with the tracers issue. But it's not that much of a big deal. It's annoying, but it is certainly nothing that prohibits enjoyment and/or playability of this map at all. Man I could hardly sleep last night thinking about all the things I could try out for missions, hehe.

Once again, simply a fantastic job, man. thumbs-up.gif

Does the "tracer issue" occur only with custom buildings, or is it present with standard ArmA buildings on the map too?

I *believe* it was both, but let me crank up ArmA and I'll give it another go and let ya know for sure. Will let you know shortly.

monty67t

Please do not hotlink images > 100 kb.

Just loaded up the map and tried it at night when it was super dark and to be honest I didn't see the glow effect from the tracers on anything (buildings and terrain). Switched over to Rahmadi at night (same settings) and just started shooting and everything lit up red as the tracers passed the buildings and even the terrain.

The main thing you can still see the tracers at least--so I'm happy. biggrin_o.gif

I think the tracer issue is because there's so many streetlamps in the city that the game won't render any more dynamic lights, so, no glowing tracers.

Using EMSI´s UAV Control & Mando´s Bombs i noticed that there seems to be something wrong with the flyinheight command.

-The UAV sometimes starts hopping up&down although the terrain beneath is rather flat.

-with Mando Bombs when you call a bomb run by harrier and set the approaching height to 150m they´ll come in at around 350 and bombs will always go a few hundred meters beyond the designated target point.

Other than that i found a building that, if destroyed, just sinks into the ground sideways instead of collapsing - it´s the one just east of the police station (with the b/w tiled entry hall).

Hi, there're some doors (those green rusty ones) that instead open

to the house's "garden" they open up to the street, so they block

the wheeled vehicles route and the AI have problems with 'em and

if the AI goes in an armoured vehicle, then just drive over 'em as

if the houses were advandoned and no one will care. Also the AI's

preffer to follow "theyr own path" instead "the path of the maker"

on most of the paved roads, for example that one at the W following

the concrete walls, that fall apart when a tank's barrel collides with

'em, but there're some buildings that can't be destroyed. Let's C ya

I think the tracer issue is because there's so many streetlamps in the city that the game won't render any more dynamic lights, so, no glowing tracers.

Hmmm, ya know....I didn't even consider that. That could probably explain why. Good catch. thumbs-up.gif