Sign in to follow this  
opteryx

Avgani Iraq

Bump.

If anyone has config knowledge and can help me out with THIS

issue, the sooner I can release a new version.

Oh yes, I think some buildings tip over...I believe the problem lies with the fence simulation type thingy or something like that. Death type fence if I recall correctly.

Also, go away from /b/, or you'll end up correcting doesn't fear, with doesn't afraid. Subconsciously.

There's no problem for me getting buildings to fall down demolition style, that's just adding "dammage = building" in the GEO LODs named properties, but getting smoke/dust and ruins added is the challenge I can't figure out.

Quote[/b] ]Also, go away from /b/, or you'll end up correcting doesn't fear, with doesn't afraid. Subconsciously.

Good Sir I have no knowledge of this "/b/" that you are talking about, you must be mistaken for I only frequent eBaumsworld.com when I am not in the propinquity of these forums.

No if you'll excuse me I have a dinner to attend, I bid you adieu.

There's no problem for me getting buildings to fall down demolition style, that's just adding "dammage = building" in the GEO LODs named properties, but getting smoke/dust and ruins added is the challenge I can't figure out.

have you tried the code on my last post?

Well how do I configure it for multiple buildings?

Here's what I tried with your example:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">#define private 0

#define protected 1

#define public 2

class CfgPatches {

class buildings {

units[] = {"Land_mosque2"};

weapons[] = {};

requiredVersion = 0.1;

requiredAddons[] = {"CAData", "CABuildings"};

};

};

class CfgVehicles

{

class Thing;

class Building;

class Strategic;

class NonStrategic: Building

{

class DestructionEffects;

};

class HouseBase;

class Land_VASICore;

class House : HouseBase

{

class DestructionEffects;

};

class Ruins;

class Land_mosque2_Ruins : Ruins {

scope = protected;

vehicleClass = "Ruins";

model = "\ca\buildings\ruins\dum_istan4_big_ruins";

displayName = "mosque2_Ruins";

};

class Land_mosque2 : House {

model = "\opxbuildings\mosque2";

displayName = "mosque2";

armor = 700;

class DestructionEffects : DestructionEffects {

class Ruin1 {

simulation = "ruin";

type = "\ca\buildings\ruins\dum_istan4_big_ruins.p3d";

position = "";

intensity = 1;

interval = 1;

lifeTime = 2;

};

};

};

class Land_policestation : House {

model = "\opxbuildings\policestation";

displayName = "policestation";

armor = 700;

class DestructionEffects : DestructionEffects {

class Ruin1 {

simulation = "ruin";

type = "\ca\buildings\ruins\dum_istan4_big_ruins.p3d";

position = "";

intensity = 1;

interval = 1;

lifeTime = 2;

};

};

};

};

The Mosque works, but the police station doesn't.

Well how do I configure it for multiple buildings?

I don't know yet, but i will.

Meanwhile you can try the code i posted in the mentioned thread.

Edit: removed the code and added to the respective thread.

last night -{GOL}- had a 3 hour operation on this island and we loved every moment of it biggrin_o.gif

great island

last night -{GOL}- had a 3 hour operation on this island and we loved every moment of it biggrin_o.gif

great island

Same here in SBP, last thursday we completed a dynamic mission and eliminated pockets of insurgents, pulled pinned down marines out and secured a police station. Great map!!!

One of the best map create for the game.

We use jonny marines, FFAA Terrorista, Aimpoint desert weapons and desert vehicles by Mcnools on it and the result is so .... pistols.gif

Opterix rules

notworthy.gif

Thanks a lot, we have a lot of fun and immersive games on it.

Hi, i've found another bug in other building, in this one:

avgani_bug_02.jpg

There after climb the stairs to the 1St floor balcony, it's very hard

and sometimes impossible to go down the stairs that head there.

Also seems that you just fall by the stairs on the upper balcony that

head to the balcony that's pointing to the opossite side of the house,

this only happens with the main weapon; with the side weapon (M9)

this don't seem to happen. Let's C ya

Thanks again Wipman.

I need an opinion from people here, unless I add ladders as proxies (which I can't) they won't collapse with buildings. Should I remove them or leave them in? What do you people think?

I need an opinion from people here, unless I add ladders as proxies (which I can't) they won't collapse with buildings. Should I remove them or leave them in? What do you people think?

I think with the current knowledge would be better to add a ladder to the model as 2 in 1 to reduce that issue when the house gets destroyed.

Maybe build an iraqi ladder to better fit the environment or house, if not you can add the BIS ladder model into your house model by copying the ladder and add it to the houses you desire.

This can be done by copy pasting from one p3d to other p3d. Of course all LODs need to be also copied.

Ie, open BIS ladders in O2 and copy paste everything to the respective LOD on you building model.

I have not tried it but i believe when your house gets destroyed, the ladder will also be destroyed because it was a part of the house.p3d wink_o.gif

edit: sorry this text was a quicky writen. Organized the ideas. and just tested what i wrote.

well, the ladder didn't show, maybe because i did not set it in the house class (config.cpp) !?

But this idea could be a way of reducing the visual bugs after houses are destroyed.

I will work on this with my models. Ill report when i have more news.

i think you could build or add the ladder model or copy the ladder from BIS and introduce in all the houses you desire to have them. You can copy paste from house to house and you can aswell use BIS textures.

Don't want to use/edit BIS MLODs cause then I'd have to release source etc. Also, I want only a few speific houses to have ladders, so therefore they need to be added as independent objects.

I have not tried it but i believe when your house gets destroyed, the ladder will also be destroyed because it was a part of the house.p3d wink_o.gif

I will try it soon and ill report. You could also try it smile_o.gif

Yes IF it's a part of the p3d of course, but they won't collapse as independent objects that are in close proximity.

Don't want to use/edit BIS MLODs cause then I'd have to release source etc. Also, I want only a few speific houses to have ladders, so therefore they need to be added as independent objects.

Why would you have to release source?

if you don't modifie the model nothing will go wrong.. even if you do change make sure you use BIS textures so you don't need to add anything else. You can change the size if you like, i truly believe it will not effect anything nor you have to 'release source etc'.

Same thing happens if you use BIS original colors .paa of the Original models. The great part in this is that you don't need to have extra textures added in your terrain because those will be loaded directly from BIS original models.. (you already have these BIS ca folder smile_o.gif )

Use them and abuse of them! biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Yes IF it's a part of the p3d of course, but they won't collapse as independent objects that are in close proximity.
Don't worry about that minor problem, if mission makers are good enough and if they want, they can make magic on them. I used to do that for OFP. (deleting the ID=number when building dammage=1, can't remember the code atm)

edit: Ie, you could release your map without having any extra texture. you could use the existing ones that are used for the Original Models. Texture files can be huge and sometimes theres no reason to use them smile_o.gif

edit2: Just tested the ladder on my model and it works. Ladder also gets destroyed. You can also change the ladder into what you want and add other textured based on the BIS ones. (its what i indent to do, to get rid of the issue)

Picture 1

Picture 2

Picture 3

If you use BIS stuff that just means that you are required to share with other map makers if they request it....but that means only that one item and not everything.

I would hope that you are willing to help out other Middle East map makers as your work is excellent and you could really help all map makers who are making Middle East maps. That is in keeping with the spirit of the OFP/AmrA community.

But again, if you do not want anyone else using your stuff....the ladder would just be on one or two buildings.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Hi, i'll vote: Yes. To the ladders, sometimes it's very good to be

able to reach a elevated position just for observe or just for shot

from there, better than don't have nothing; and if there's no way

of dodge that the ladders colapse with the building that they're

attached at... you can blame BIS & theyr graphic engine & how

few improved it's from the OFP times and then you'll be fine.

I'll choose ladders anyways, to me it's a smaller problem if they don't

colapse; i don't want to blast off any building as i'll spect to conduct

on foot ops in the main city and leave the boming runs for periferic

AA & AAM sites. Let's C ya

If you use BIS stuff that just means that you are required to share with other map makers if they request it....but that means only that one item and not everything.  

I don't think that is quite correct - read the thread placebo posted in again. The BIS EULA requires you to release any addon that uses edited versions of their released models, or parts of, as open source.

You can't have an addon thats both open source, and restricted. Its one or the other. If Opteryx were to alter the BIS buildings and include them in his addon, the whole addon (pbo file as far as I recall) would be open source, regardless of the changes and how many there are. Thus technically anyone can use anything (both the modified BIS stuff and his own stuff) from that pbo and would not be required to ask permission.

To circumvent it, just make a seperate pbo with the altered BIS stuff in. This can be released as open source, and your island can just reference the stuff in from there.

Or thats how I understood it...

I agree 100% with Messiah! (things are not so simple as they seem)

Also agree with wipman.

That was the reason why i wanted to use the wood platform for roof tops before i knew how to make my own models yay.gif

Now its just give use of imagination. Opteryx, you can also do the same.

edit: just an add: Messiah what we are talking here is to have just 1 pbo with terrain, models + ladders included.

So there wouldn't be terrain.pbo and extra. Thats why it would make sense to have the models + ladders (with BIS textures or what ever) opened. After Binarization all is hidden.

Okay I think I've made my decision, for now I'll leave them in as separate objects. Later I might make custom ladders on my own buildings and remove the single object ones.

Bit annoying that I can't add ladders to BIS buildings, but hopefully I'll be able to produce enough custom content to filter out most BIS content.

Okay I think I've made my decision, for now I'll leave them in as separate objects. Later I might make custom ladders on my own buildings and remove the single object ones.

Bit annoying that I can't add ladders to BIS buildings, but hopefully I'll be able to produce enough custom content to filter out most BIS content.

Dude, if you intend to do in future... start now, don't wait! Thats what you told me, and now its what im telling you to do. Else you will regret 'again'.

Its not hard to add an existing model (ladder) to an other (house) in O2. After you paste the lader with all lods in O2 all you need is to mod it alittle to your own taste and color if you desire. Rotate, up, down.. and its done! 10 mins to add a ladder to a freaking house + config codes (working on it atm).

Anyway, its your work. You do what you want, i can just suggest and help if you want.

edit: typo

edit: just an add: Messiah what we are talking here is to have just 1 pbo with terrain, models + ladders included.

So there wouldn't be terrain.pbo and extra. Thats why it would make sense to have the models + ladders (with BIS textures or what ever) opened. After Binarization all is hidden.

And what Messiah is suggesting is to seperate out the bits that would require BIS mlods editing, in order to keep the rest of the map as "closed source"

As for the second bit, well that just doesnt make any sense. It all needs to be binarized, and you cant really pick and choose what gets binarized and what doesnt, so the only way to do it would be to seperate out the content, or not edit it at all.

Dude, if you intend to do in future... start now, don't wait! Thats what you told me, and now its what im telling you to do. Else you will regret 'again'.

I have a million things to do/fix first, this isn't high priority.