Sign in to follow this  
wld427

Project RACS

Really?! Wow...

The Mirage III is sweet too!  biggrin_o.gif  No doubt about that.

Looks sweet smile_o.gif

Any news on the ground units and choppers? Those airmobile units can be transported by helo too, so no rush on the transport aircraft. Both recon and FAC versions of the Piper would be great I reckon.

BTW Isn't the AS30L for naval strikes also??? Could use them on the Naval SE's too.

Keep up the great work yay.gif

That's a shame about the phantom.  Personally if I were you I would have told those bitching about the American-centric aircraft to go to hell as there are several European mods out there developing or converting a wide range of European aircraft already... but that's just me. The Super Etendard I don't believe was exported very widely but since you guys already got it all converted and repainted, no use to waste alot of excellent work as its a fairly decent model.  The Mirage III is a good plane that was widely exported so it's not a bad pick.  But still, if I were you guys I would have stuck with the F-4.  I hope at least that you guys will carry on with the A4 skyhawk.  But I shouldn't complain as these are all super reskins and I know you guys put in a lot of hard work in the effort (and have helped out my mod as well).  So hats off to a really good job so far.  

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

we decided to nix the phantom. Honestly we took alot of flak  pistols.gif from people for being "too american" and not enough "european". So we accuired a mirageIII and that is our primary interceptor backed up by the interceptor Etendard.

The A-4 is still in the works. Unfortunately we have not made too many updates on it as we are still waiting the opportunity to get it merged and put together. Its up on the block next though so please standby....

I've never been that fond of the Phantom, anyway- but, am I one of the few people here that's old enough to remember the Phantom in service with the British, German, Spanish, Greek, and Turkish air forces? They all operated license-built copies of the Phantom in quite significant numbers.

Or was the problem that it was originally produced by the Americans? confused_o.gif

Whiners piss me off. pistols.gif

I've never been that fond of the Phantom, anyway- but, am I one of the few people here that's old enough to remember the Phantom in service with the British, German, Spanish, Greek, and Turkish air forces? They all operated license-built copies of the Phantom in quite significant numbers.

Let's not forget the Iranian and Israeli air forces too.

Some of my first childhood memories of aircraft were RAF Phantoms thundering overhead. I even used too live in a street that was nicknamed "Reheat Alley" because that was were they engaged their afterburners crazy_o.gif

A pity they've been I cut. I reckon they would suit the Sahrani Air Force's need for a good fighterbomber.

Hello guys!

Those planes really look great. One request: Could you please use this roundel on the MiG-21 instead of the red star? The red star is the symbol of the russian/soviet airforce.

slazq5.jpg

Thanks for the good work! smile_o.gif

Fellas dont worry about the A-4. Its not leaving our "toy box". We just realigned our thinking in completeing addons for the mod. Instead of working on everything we focused on getting a couple things complete before we move to the next. We still have the phantom and may complete it at a later date. Unfortunatley the massive amount of PMs i got to kill it out weigh the posts i got to keep it......funny how some people complain about free content......I personally love the phantom and my original goal was to complete it in about 15 different loadouts and call it a day for the airforces. Situation dictated we wanted smaller numbers of different aircraft.

Next on the block is the helicopter section. We want to get our AB212s, Chinooks, cobras, and little birds configged up and complete before we move back to the A-4 and the ground equipment. Look for M113s in several different armaments, IE M240, Mk19. Then a M901 Hammerhead a missile launcher and the M960 Barak.

Thanks for all the interest and support fellas We really appreciate it

about the roundel.... doesn't the SU34 haave a red star on it? I believe it does. We want to try and make our equipment match what is in the game as much as possible.

Eddie

Project RACS

Well we have the M901 in the works should be ready soon. The FISTV is  not something we are really interested in making. I wish we had the MLOD for the M577 Command Post... but thats life. If anybody could do the scripting for us on a mortar carrier we would go that route too.

Here is a peek at the AB212s. Ive been getting alot of PMs so i will show a WIP. There is still a RVMAT problem thats not sorted out yet, therefore its a lil dark, and we will be adding M240s in the doors for door guns. Also the gunship version is not final... we really dont liek having miniguns on the bird so i may add .50 cals or quad M60s... not sure yet. Also here is a look at the reworked M960.

Photo1.jpg

MEDEVAC

Medevac.jpg

AntiTank

AntiTank.jpg

Gunship

Gunship.jpg

there is also a regular transport version that i did not take a picture of yet......

doesnt the AB212 have 4 rotorblades or is that the AB214?

anyhow it´s looking good so far smile_o.gif

will you add some green to it aswell like you did on the UH60?

Isn't it the 412 that has four blades?

Isn't it the 412 that has four blades?

Thats correct.... the AB412 has 4 blades. The AB212 has only 2.... we though about making the 4 blase rotor but we nixed it since the FFAA mod was so kind as to share this MLOD with us to rework.

M901 Hammerhead WIP

M901.jpg

Nice to see more variation, are the huey textures gone be reworked? At the moment they have alot of dark spots.

Nice to see more variation, are the huey textures gone be reworked? At the moment they have alot of dark spots.
Quote[/b] ]Here is a peek at the AB212s. Ive been getting alot of PMs so i will show a WIP. There is still a RVMAT problem thats not sorted out yet, therefore its a lil dark, and we will be adding M240s in the doors for door guns. Also the gunship version is not final... we really dont liek having miniguns on the bird so i may add .50 cals or quad M60s... not sure yet. Also here is a look at the reworked M960.

NICE man that m901 looks like a killer "t72s be aware".

also ya may want to make the m113 a little uparmored maybe Like this SUPER GAVIN.

http://www.combatreform2.com/m113a3SuperGavindowntownbaghdad.jpg

uparmored @ sure as hell beats a humvee

Hehe... Can't help but chuckle a bit. Living in Norway I'm not all that used to hearing that name (my name), and definately not with SUPER in front...

Back on topic... I love the look of those M113's and AB212's. On another note, I wouldn't worry about 90% of those PM's. They're most probably young teenagers that don't understand the value of free volunteer work. In my personal experience, you've got 90% satisfied with your work and therefore don't bother to give any feedback, and the other 10% are dissatisfied and definitely let you know about it.

Keep up the great work lads!!! Would buy you a beer if you were here in Norway (glad your not though, it's so damn expensive to buy beer here wink_o.gif )

My unit had those in Iraq in 2005-2006. We called them Armadillos. Anyways, there will be an uparmored or ERA version of an M113 for the Kings Division. Possibly the ACAV version too. There are so many versions to choose from we want something the RACS would realistically have thats why we are making several versions.

how about making a RACS version of the swiss Spz 63 version of the M113 with a 20mm autocannon (same as fitted on the swedish PBV302 APC and Patgb 203 wheeled APC)

i can probably get a good amont on reference on that turret since it´s still in use in sweden...

you can make a search for PBV302, Patgb 203 and 20mm Akan m/47D (or 20mm automatkanon m/47D) and i think you would find some decent reference to the gun/turret...

Spz 63 didnt get so much results but then i just made a quick search...

i know that i can get scans of the swedish manual for the turret if needed...

you could probably send a mail to the guys on www.pbv302.se and as for reference on the turret (they are restaurating a prototype of the PBV302 and i know they have a shitload of reference, and i also happen to know them a little bit)

I think we will stick to the American M113 versions. Possibly the Canadian engineer variant..... but if anybody has any pics of the Dutch version with the bofors AAgun on it that would be a real help!

I know that this is not addon request, but could you add a Pucara to SRAF (Sahrani Royal Air Force)? Sometime ago it was said that it could be the best choise for SRAF, since it's not a big island and the Pucara is a good ground-atack plane.

I know that this is not addon request, but could you add a Pucara to SRAF (Sahrani Royal Air Force)? Sometime ago it was said that it could be the best choise for SRAF, since it's not a big island and the Pucara is a good ground-atack plane.

we actually have a Puke (as we have come to affectionately call it). its in the works but its at a VERY begining stage. We like it to because of its versatility. Lamar and I love airplanes that can cary a wide multitude of ordnance. So the Pucara fits the bill.

Give it some time it will rise to the surface wink_o.gif

ah man what about the A1 skyraider that things alot better then the PUKe. wait i just had a IDEA . the puke for the airforce @ The skyraider in the navy.   that or they both serve in the air suport role

..............................OH and i think i found that ONE m113 with a automatic cannon

http://www.haaland.info/denmark/ifv/bilder/m113-a2.jpg

Thanks fritz but thats not the one.... i had a book with the pictures in it years ago and i dont know what happened to it. The one we are looking for is basically the M113 hull with the entire bofors 40mm platform seats and all mounted to the roof. I thought it was Dutch, I may be wrong. Thats the one i am looking for.

Still not sure about the Skyraider....... maybee if i can secure permissions for a model but we already have the puke and A-4 skyhawks that will fill that role quite well.

OH and good news we have secured permissions for the Be32k so the RACS now have a light transport. We still hope to get the CM29 for our large bird.... right now we take what we can get.

We can always use more scripters and skinners. If anybody is interested in helping out please PM me,

thanks

Eddie

Thanks fritz but thats not the one.... i had a book with the pictures in it years ago and i dont know what happened to it. The one we are looking for is basically the M113 hull with the entire bofors 40mm platform seats and all mounted to the roof. I thought it was Dutch, I may be wrong. Thats the one i am looking for.

Still not sure about the Skyraider....... maybee if i can secure permissions for a model but we already have the puke and A-4 skyhawks that will fill that role quite well.

OH and good news we have secured permissions for the Be32k so the RACS now have a light transport. We still hope to get the CM29 for our large bird.... right now we take what we can get.

We can always use more scripters and skinners. If anybody is interested in helping out please PM me,

thanks

Eddie

that M113 sounds actuallt like one of the Bofors Demo vehicles...

the swedish CV90 is fitted with a modified Bofors 40mm cannon in a turret and i have seen pics of BMP´s and MT-LB´s with similar turrets and the same gun..

basically it was planned to sell those turrets to various armies to upgrade the weaponry on the BMP´s and MT-LB´s but it´s possible and quite likely that they also made a version for M113, however the turret was never sold to anyone exept for the version mounted on the swedish CV90´s..

probably becouse of expensive ammo, the small amount of ammo that could be carried in the vehicles and so on so on the export versions of the CV90 to finland, switzerland and norway the Bushmaster 30mm cannon was mounted instead, and on the later exports to Netherlands and Denmark a french? 35mm cannon has been installed, mainly becouse they can carry a much larger amont of ammo then the 40mm cannon.

heres a link to polish Wikipedia with the BWP-40 wich is a BMP with the 40mm turret im talking about...

MAYBE Sahrani bought a few of those 40mm turrets and monted them on the M113 as infantry support vehicles?

for info about the canon search for CV9040 as thats fitted with the same gun wink_o.gif

Looking good, can't wait to see a release smile_o.gif

If you were looking for an outdated tank-hunter for the RACS, The M50 Ontos might be worth looking at.