Sign in to follow this  
wld427

Project RACS

I think it would be cool to have camo which matches the vehicles.

i'm a big fan of Skaven's RACS infantry. Fine textures, and a very good camo pattern.

Great weapons too, his RACS 3 pack is still awesome.

Yup, I still play with it frequently. Though I prefer Rellikki's RACS troops.

lennard. wink_o.gif

Reservies with the m1 helmet. Sounds awesome. maybe reservies should use LC-2 system instead of the interceptr vest. and the normal infarty could have the older PASGT withouth the 4-point sling. The ewgular infarty could also use FLC-vest on the interceptor. and if you use interceptor I suggest you make it woodland. it would look wicked awesome. 6-color desert uniform and Woodland vest on that. so IMHO:

Regular infarty:

3 color desert uniform. Woodland-vest, maybe FLC. Weapons such as G3, m16a1... OLDER PASGT helmets without NVG mounts, and some M1 helmets for Support-gunner for example.

Reserves:

6 color desert uniform. LC-2 system. weapons such as m16a1.

M1 helmets

SF/recon etc..

(the one you said is looking modern italian desert camo)-uniform. only FLC, and weapons such as m4 sopmod, g36k&c. Boonie or wollyhat, and a commando-wollyhat or something.

I dont know what you guys have planned but thats just a suggestion. smile_o.gif

and I think it would be awesome to replace the m134 from UH-60s to PKM or M2. smile_o.gif

Really looking for this mod, keep it up, the comunity is seriously loking for these! inlove.gif

-Kristian

How about some Paratroopers or other Airmobile troops who are lightly equipped? Be perfect for those Island hopping missions.

I think thats a great idea! they could have all-olive suits and Interceptor vests with FLC vests on them. equipped with m4 RIS or mp5a5. maybe red berets or LWHs smile_o.gif (I meant the paratrooppers wink_o.gif )

Suggestion...

Could you guys make an airborne division so that they can jump out of DC-3's or C-130's biggrin_o.gif Would be wicked awesome!

nice Gnat!

i reckon the DHC-4/C-7 Caribou would be a fantastic transport for it! As Australia uses it i would be able to reskin it in Aussie Colours for the Oz community

A retexture of BIS-dc-3 plane would be awesome. It has military looking interior, and it could be RACS cargo/airborne jump-plane. Looks like RACS defencive budjet has rised alot rofl.gif

i agree with kristian regarding the DC3 as this seems more in line with the racs . as most samll countrys were able to get there hands on this aircraft

Other than that looking forward to the release of this mod

like the migs etc

keep up the good work

any chance of seeing more pics?

I also think that gnats suggested plane could work greatly as recon plane or commando pickup-plane. and that C-7a looks awesome to, I hope you will get your hands on it.  smile_o.gif

But the again if adding the dc-3, it would require QG, or could you pass that with just a warningngngngn?

what about that BK32 addon a while back maybe reskin that BAM Racs got a good aircraft. @ if ya gona make a c47. dont use QG version get a mod one or make ya own.  whistle.gif  on a second note maybe  

P1040668.jpg

the M551 sheridan for the light racs airborne forces. hey if the REDS got the bmd 1 why not the racs get the shredian.

[APS]Gnat

Please do not hotlink images over 100kb. smile_o.gif

Any plans for the chinese versions of the Russian aircraft like the Mig-21 (J-7) etc... ?

I can understand Airbone since Sahrani is full of little islands, but I think that a tank is a little too much. Wouldn't be practical.

As I suggested in the Piper thread, you can add it a few M240 or .50 MG in order to have a small, but armed, recon bird (a la BAT 21). Maybe a few FAAR too.

Here's what we got.....The kings Division will be the Airborne and elite element og the RACS....The majority will be a small regular army and a large conscript/militia force+ a well eqipped police force. As far as tanks ther will be no change...Kings division gets the m60-2000 regular gets the m60a3 and the conscipt force gets an m60a1 and the bis t72 racs version (captured). Pretty much all the rest of the vehicles will be wheeled APCs, landrovers, trucks and a few M113 variants to keep with a small nation.

@gnat.. We would love to have the piper be part of our mod if you would be so kind.....I use that addon every day for missions. I have been dreaming of that skin for ages. What a great multi role utility craft for a small island nation. BTW that ranks as one of the seminole addons in my pnatheon of important addons for ARMA. TY Gnat!

@eveyrone else!....I think the DC3 will be a likely candidate for air transport....however it will be only a skin job as we have no access to MLODS for QG. I agree that air transport is indeed important for an Archipelego, though i think a C-130 craft is a bit over kill for RACS. Sheridan will not be RACS i'm afraid . Anyoone with a Shorts Skyvan model let me know as this is my favorite light transport ever...no idea why...I just love that plane.

To those wishing to be beta testers please don't worry as we will most likely release the alpha to the public. We will most likely test our own creations as well. So pleas stop asking...I know you are excited...we are too...but we really need more qualified scripters and other talents. I hate to say but unless we get more people on board we will be a while releasing this as I have a job at the helm of a company and we are about enter our most crazy part of the year (I am the only scripter)....Anyway I really appreciate your entusiasm as it makes me more amped...We will try our hardest to get you some toys soon...We love this community and ant desperately to give back to it. Thanks for all you contributors and mentors out there ...you know who you are...We will not disappoint!

Best Rgards

Lamar!

[APS]Gnat

Please do not hotlink images over 100kb.  smile_o.gif

oops ..... copied someone else pic in a post that slipped past the Mods wink_o.gif

Any plans for the chinese versions of the Russian aircraft like the Mig-21 (J-7) etc... ?

you will see some stuff from the VME guys here eventually .... but not yet.....

We have converted the PLQ86 howitzer and its working nicely. We have looked at the Q-5 and J-7 as well as some vehicles for our SLA side to the mod.

Hello Everyone....

Here is a little update. We are progressing nicely with our aircraft. The Etendard, Mirage III, and MiG-21 are al presented below. Special thanks to EddyD our texture wizzard, Wld427 the bombardier, and FA Dalai Lamar the config master.

Etendard Interceptor.....

Etendard_CAP.jpg

Etendard Attack........

Etendard_Atk.jpg

Etendard with AS30L.......

Etendard_AS30L.jpg

Etendard Naval Strike......

Etendard_BMB.jpg

And finally the Etendard with the scourge of the high seas.....the Exocet

Etendard_EXOCET.jpg

Mirage III will come in an interceptor version only.... unless we get overwhelming requests for otherwise.

MirageIII.jpg

and on the red side our MiG21. It will come in about 8 different versions with different loadouts.....

MiG21-1.jpg

Should have some more pics of vehicles up soon. M113 pack is in the works and the helos are getting close.

Wow!  Excellent update.  Any update news on the A-4 Skyhawk or the F-4 Phanthom?

we decided to nix the phantom. Honestly we took alot of flak pistols.gif from people for being "too american" and not enough "european". So we accuired a mirageIII and that is our primary interceptor backed up by the interceptor Etendard.

The A-4 is still in the works. Unfortunately we have not made too many updates on it as we are still waiting the opportunity to get it merged and put together. Its up on the block next though so please standby....