Sign in to follow this  
wld427

Project RACS

Ok folks, Here is a look at a couple more aircraft we are working on. GranQ was so kind to let us modify his Be32K for our RACS goals.

Here is the Transport for the Royal Sahrani Airforce,

RSAF_Be32k.jpg

Here is the Maritime Patrol version armed with exocets....may eventually add a waist gunner with a minigun or something....

RSN_Be32k.jpg

will you polish the model? i think it looks very low poly for being a ArmA model...

however, i "know" granQ so im sure he wont touch it, besides he´s in mexico atm also so he wont touch anything for a while wink_o.gif

will you polish the model? i think it looks very low poly for being a ArmA model...

however, i "know" granQ so im sure he wont touch it, besides he´s in mexico atm also so he wont touch anything for a while wink_o.gif

no.... i will nto make any more changes to the model other than weapons.... its as it was provided to us by GranQ.....Skin and weapons by me

no.... i will nto make any more changes to the model other than weapons.... its as it was provided to us by GranQ.....Skin and weapons by me

will you then edit in a camera in the nose for the maritime survailance model?, would look really cool i think wink_o.gif

and maybe a belly monted radar dome...

thanks for the idea on the camera, I really like it... i think we will look into something like that....and the radome....i making it now smile_o.gif

As far as I know, you can't have any turrets in airplanes, ArmA's engine limitation. Anyway, good luck with that!

But don't you think that you are adding too much? Sahrani is a small island, I doubt that they have the money to buy that quantity of planes, and half of the population would be pilots.

too much is in the eye of the mission maker......

For the camera was thinking of a wide angle frontal view for search.

Also possible an AWACS version too... i am working on making the antennae ala E2-Hawkeye style

NICE man nice. well maybe a BK32 be converted to the Puff dragon for the racs maybe a 1 30mm @ 2 25mm guns or 7.62 m134 mini guns for straffing Thus giving the racs a Mini ac130. hehe

Actually i belive RKSL released a proof of concept that you can add a gunners position to vehicle, there is a video on youtube i belive showing there predator with a fully functioning turret and thay say it is possible to make multiple turrets if i rememebr correctly.

Actually i belive RKSL released a proof of concept that you can add a gunners position to  vehicle, there is a video on youtube i belive showing there predator with a fully functioning turret and thay say it is possible to make multiple turrets if i rememebr correctly.

I believe you're right *nod*

I think the limitation was that AI couldn't use them, but I might be wrong.

I was under the impression we would be able to ad done like a helicopter door gun..... aparently i was mistaken.....

Update to come soon, I made an AWACS version of the Be32k its pretty neat you can fly one up the edge of the north sahrani coast and it will show you the enemy Air defense sites on you map.....

Actually i belive RKSL released a proof of concept that you can add a gunners position to  vehicle, there is a video on youtube i belive showing there predator with a fully functioning turret and thay say it is possible to make multiple turrets if i rememebr correctly.

I believe you're right *nod*

I think the limitation was that AI couldn't use them, but I might be wrong.

Yes, now that I remember, VTE had an armed C-130 (A Spectre) and you could fire the weapons. It was almost imposible to aim, but that could be because it has been directly imported from OFP.

This mod is lookin great guys I know its late in dev for this but anyway.  A heavily revised/redesigned Mirage lll.

Cheetah C's for sale. Put out of service April this year replaced by locally modified(not yet) Gripens.

Quote[/b] ]

Cheetah C

The Cheetah C is the ultimate development of the Cheetah series, and it is currently the only fighter aircraft in service with the SAAF until the Saab JAS 39 Gripen enters service in 2008. Many of the features of the Cheetah aircraft are still classified, and the SAAF is unwilling to reveal too many details. What is known is that in addition to the upgrades described above, the Cheetah C incorporates a more sophisticated avionics and navigation suite and a new pulse-doppler, multi-mode radar (ELTA), both of which are regarded as being better than the systems fitted to Block 50 F-16s, and one of the most advanced EW systems fitted to a fighter aircraft. The aircraft is also fitted with a datalink, though the capabilities of this system are unknown, and it received updated versions of the helmet-mounted sight, HUD and improved HOTAS controls.

Other improvements include the fitment of a single-piece wrap-around windshield with an anti-radiation coating in place of the old three-piece version, a new in-flight refuelling probe with less external piping, new undercarriage and suspension, the deletion of the wing fences, an upgraded version of the Atar 9K50 and a new nose to incorporate the more sophisticated electronics and radar.

Like the Cheetah D, the Cheetah C is capable of delivering precision-guided munitions (PGMs), ranging from laser-guided bombs (LGBs), to GPS-guided weapons and TV-guided bombs. It also has the capability of using stand-off air-to-ground weapons such as the MUPSOW and TORGOS. In addition, it is able to carry a raft of air-to-air weapons, and the SAAF currently equips its aircraft with the V4 R-Darter, a beyond-visual-range (BVR) radar-guided missile, and the U/Darter, a highly capable short-range infrared (IR)-guided missile.

A measure of the capabilities of the Cheetah C is the result of an air-combat maneuvering (ACM) exercise between the Cheetah Cs of 2 Squadron and F-15E Strike Eagles of the 494th Fighter Squadron, USAF at RAF Lakenheath, after which the score tallies for each side were almost exactly equal.

The Cheetah C will remain in SAAF service until 2008, when the last examples will be replaced by the JAS-39C Gripen.

Maybe this is an suitable vehicle for RACS?

concept.jpg

M730, not in use anymore with the US forces so could have been sold to RACS.

lol my dad manned one of those back int he 80's. I thought you guys at RSKL had one of those?huh.gif

We have a basic model made but nothing else. At the moment it is gone be a while untill there is gone be worked on it. We have a load of projects that are higher priority.

I just found this concept drawing on my ftp and dropped it here to see if its good for RACS.

Thanks VXR we will look into it,

I am putting out a call to all talented mission makers. I already made a Domination RACS mission. We are looking for anyone who would be interested in making missions and possibly promo movies\intro\outro type stuff. Please PM me if you are interested

Thanks

Eddie

greetings,

Well EddyD put together a nice F-16 skin for us. Originally the F-16 was not in our plans but we figured it would make a nice addition. hell half of Eastern Europe is flying them now so its not "too American". Besides it fits along the lines of a NATO type upgrade for small airforces.

we right now have 5 versions....

Sidewinder

AMRAAM

JSOW

JDAM

Maverick

Photo2.jpg

Photo1-2.jpg

greetings,

Well EddyD put together a nice F-16 skin for us. Originally the F-16 was not in our plans but we figured it would make a nice addition. hell half of Eastern Europe is flying them now so its not "too American". Besides it fits along the lines of a NATO type upgrade for small airforces.

we right now have 5 versions....

Sidewinder

AMRAAM

JSOW

JDAM

Maverick

Yes, just about everyone uses the F-16, but some of those weapons you've chosen are fairly cutting edge. I doubt you would see JSOWs and AMRAAMs hanging from any third-world nation's aircraft.

I doubt you'd see the RACs loaded out with the the most modern varients of those weapons, anyway.

Well maybe after the war they chosse to buy some more up to date equipment incase of another war? eh? tounge2.gif

To be honest i have no problem with new equipment, it could lead to mission makers making more missions with RACS, set in diffrent senarios and could be set in the future.

well they also have a RICH Uncle named Sam who provides an military aid anybody needs.....

Not to start flaming but if Canada can afford the JSOW and JDAM on thier frugal budget, then i think the RSAF can have a few to shoot at those SLA scuds...

Besides we we have plenty of other aircraft such as the Etendard, A-4, and Pucara that mission makers can use too.

thanks for the support and constructive critisism....Honestly we do like the feed back both positive and negative. I helps mod what we mov eon to next in the project.

Thanks

Eddie

Well, I wasn't trying to be critical- just realistic. As to what the US is willing to sell to whom, obviously there is more to the decision than just dollar amounts. Canada, for instance, is a major strategic partner and ally of the US.

This fictional island, on the other hand, would really be little more than a bananna republic client state, if this were real life.

But of course, it's up to the addon makers to decide- and I could come up with several good reasons why the RACs could actually be considered strategic, trustworthy partners for the US government.

Anyway, just talking out loud here... do carry on, gents.

um the f16 camo scheme looks alot like THE OPFOR scheme for real life combat training i think its the navy that has f16s painted DEsert tan with camo stripes for OPFOR trainning.

but besides that AMAZING WORK I WORSHIP U notworthy.gif

well if the f16 gona handle all the deadly work whats left for the a1 skraider A4 skyhawk @ The rest of The Generation 2 3 @ 4 fighters u guys got.

@ for ya those not informed about fighter generations

GEneration 1 warplanes.. those ww1 buzzard ones like the camel...

GEneration 2. THE age ww2 fighters @ bombers

Generation 3.. Yup ya A4 skyhawks @ ya F4 phantoms.. though phantoms now up to GEneration 4 standerds with upgrades till 2015.

GEneration 4 fighters. " F16s @ f15s

Generation 5 DUH... F22 SU37 MIG 35