Sign in to follow this  
wld427

Project RACS

thanks for the comments guys... lamar and i really do enjoy the discussion of our MOD. welcome.gif

I guess you could say that the F-16s are a modernization program so the RSAF has a few of them while they are awaiting more, the Etendards, A-4s and such still have to do most of the hard work pistols.gif

I guess its really up to the mission maker how much of what plane they want to park on the airfield.

For example in our domination mission i am working on there is only one of each type of F-16 hidden in our hardened shelters ont he airbase. There are plenty of etendards, A-4s and helicopters arouns that respawn sooner....whereas the F-16 takes almost an hour to respawn... i gues this would simulate thier "pricelessness" (is that even a word?huh.gif).... but you get my point.

Enough rambling.... i have stuff to make! thumbs-up.gif

It kind of reminds me of the Republic of China Air Force-

F-5, Mirage 2000, F-16, F-CK-1, etc. It's a really diverse, unbiased sort of line up.

for a mission where only SLA and RACS are involved the mission maker can easily place the conflict a decade into the future, the weaponry won't be as cutting edge then, as it is now. In the north time stands still anyway, and in the south aren't much things that would give away the current year either. The sahrani map could be as well 1990 as it could be 2015.

hell why not make a fricken story campagin biggrin_o.gif

also some helpful suggestions

for the racs MAIN m60A3 @ a1 pattons. they should atleast have some era kits on em

airforce. hmm idk i suck at misson making like at scripts in stuff. "though ive learn how do some scripting with triggers.

but a misson like 4 F16 nugget pilots are under trainning by a Vet F4 phantom II pilot then suddenly get jumped by su34s... its kinda like ace combat 5s first misson. dont know if any of ya played it .... well thats just my 2 cents in the bucket.

The great thing with a project like this is the mission maker can choose what equipment is available to the player, so if he decideds the RACS are not in a position to own F-16s, he just does'nt add them in the mission. smile_o.gif

Keep up the good work guys. smile_o.gif

But a mission like 4 F16 nugget pilots are under training by a Vet F4 phantom II pilot then suddenly get jumped by su34s...  its kinda like ace combat 5s first mission. don't know if any of ya played it .... well that's just my 2 cents in the bucket.

I loved Ace Combat 5!!! I see the resemblance except they are jumped by MIG-21's and are flying F-5's biggrin_o.gif Ace Combat Zero was great but short... and Ace Combat 6 is what i know play and is the very best Air Combat game since Wings Over Isreal!

thanks hehe

maybe  a little era kit for the regular pattons  

Hmm for the sla T55s with that armor plate thing

about this about the Dc30 been used in the mod.. can ya make it a seprate unit so it dosent require queens gambit.

remeber ABOUT US non queen gambit players

great mod,currently with oil prices the way they are today racs should not have to be weaker than blufor or opfor.if i remember correctly in the first iraqi war their arty outranged the coalitions.look at israel keeping all the arabs in check or south africa in the 70s and 80s kept communism out with self made weapons and also copied some captured arms.thats my 2 cents.keep up the good work thumbs-up.gif

The great thing with a project like this is the mission maker can choose what equipment is available to the player, so if he decideds the RACS are not in a position to own F-16s, he just does'nt add them in the mission. smile_o.gif

Keep up the good work guys. smile_o.gif

I completely agree!

Keep a decent selection of kit and don't bow to the 'zomfg RACS wouldnt have this!' people and this will give mission editors flexibility.

The mod will not rely on Queens Gambit. We are not using the Dc3. we have the Be32k. Hopefully we will eventually add another larger cargo plane like a C-130 or the FFAA CM29.

Right now we are focusing on finishing up the MiG21 and our patrol boats.

Thanks for the support!

Eddie

hey ask the VTE guys i think there willing to share there A1 skyraider @ c130 if ya ask em Nicely. since they just released VTE 4

Folks,

Project RACS is looking for more texture artists. Unless we get some help with our retextures we will wind up slowing our progress and project releases considerably. We have plenty of donated models. The community has been so kind as to provide us with more stuff than we could possibly use before Arma II comes out. Unfortunately at this juncture we need another texture artist for the retexts and a config guy to take some of the pressure off FA Dalai Lamar. If you would liek to get involved with any of our projects please PM me.

Thanks

Eddie

This fictional island, on the other hand, would really be little more than a bananna republic client state....

....With what appears to be a decent amount of oil in a world rapidly running out.

That there is a good enough reason for the US to offer the Royal Kingdom of Sahrani enough military aid to maintain itself.

If you want good FAL rifles for your RACS reservists, I can

give you the models I was doing for my fictional 1980s army.

It doesn't look like I'll ever have time to finish those myself

any more.

They are accurate models of Argentine Army rifles from the

1980s and '90s, and would be ideal as armament for a location

like Sahrani. They have the correct metric gas regulators,

sights and other important details that I've not seen anyone

get totally right in any game model of a FAL so far.  I think

they are mostly complete (I haven't done anything on them for

some months) although they do not have LODs or textures. I am

not an expert 3D modeller so I make no guarantees about the

"professionalism" of the modelling.

There is a heavy barrelled FAL 50.41...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v692/whisky01/spearhead/fap.jpg

...and you can have the 50.00 and 50.63 from this image

too.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v692/whisky01/spearhead/Fals.jpg

If you want these then send email to me before Saturday 9th inst.

(as I'll be away for some time after that). The conditions are

that they are for the absolutely exclusive use of "Project RACS"

and a credit to "Col. Faulkner" and the "Spearhead" project

for the models would also be required.

If you want a somewhat unusual SMG for them, you can have

the "Halcon" SMG model at the bottom of this image too (with

the same conditions of use)...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v692/whisky01/spearhead/smgs.jpg

I think that NAMC Q-5 Fantan would make a great aircraft for the SLA I can be used as a bomber, close-airsupport, and in anti-ship roles

Fantan.png

we got one from the VME team.... just have not converted it....

I just want to point out 1 thing.... we have taken so much crap for having equipment the RACS would "realistically not afford" ...

yet nobody bugs gnat about his SU33 Flanker...... go figure....

we got one from the VME team.... just have not converted it....

I just want to point out 1 thing.... we have taken so much crap for having equipment the RACS would "realistically not afford" ...

yet nobody bugs gnat about his SU33 Flanker...... go figure....

This is because Gnat's Su-33 is for the Russian Navy/Former Soviet Navy, not SLA. wink_o.gif

Don't be put off by the naysayers. In real life, neither RACS nor SLA would be able to afford, maintain, and have the space for half the equipment they have in the game. So the idea that they couldn't afford better equipment is moot.

This sounds very similar the old OFP Nogovan Armed Forces thread. crazy_o.gif

Just dont give 'em an aircraft carrier and a boatload of F35 Strike Fighters and I know I wouldnt complain. biggrin_o.gif

um why not a carrier. OK maybe not a fricken nimitz class cvn or a kittyhawk. "even though the Uss kittyhawk was offerd to india at a decent price....  

since the royal naval air arm would be A4s @ ents.

i suggest the brazillian sao paulo  

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NAe_S%C3%A3o_Paulo

its just the right size for a small country

.. "Hey  brazil almost like sahrani. unsept they got rich off tourism..

nener.gif  biggrin_o.gif

Where would it make port? tounge2.gif Seems a bit too big even if it is an old carrier. Those things are mainly offensive weapons anyway. And I'd be willing to bet the RACS are not in the buisiness of going half way around the world and invading other countries. As thats their main purpose now. To provide air cover for expeditionary forces.

Guest RKSL-Rock
corazal  dorloras NOt to meantion several player made islands

Erm, its 265m long... thats almost as long as Dolores is wide!!!

Project RACS will definately nto have an aircraft carrier.....we have some sweet Gabriel II and Exocet missiles that will be excellent for hunting them.....

Our biggest boat is a freemantle class patroler..... thats all....upgraded of course.....

ah man not even a helicorpter carrier DAMN . Well hope gnat Or that other ship group SD something bulid a light carrier for the racs.. hey wld427 mind i have the keys to a A4. hehe ...loads a4 with NOOB seeking bombs

Remember what the RACS area has? oil rigs

For a small nation they would have Cash to spare.

Same goes for the north they have a large mine. even if it is gravel

it can be a major export. plus both have farm fields.

they may not be able to afford development of there own weapons,

but they would be able to afford use and upgraded equipment. plus

if the SLA said they were pro-communist forces at the time of the cold war. Moscow would have shipped weapons by the Boat load. So Nato would have equipped the RACS like there is no tomorrow. I don't see why any one sees the mod as outrageous. (even today the US support the anti-communist forces around the world.)

I could see the RNCS (RACS navy) using the decommissioned Dedalo

Quote[/b] ]

* Launched: April 4, 1943 USS Cabot

* Commissioner: U.S. Navy 1943. Spanish Navy on August 30, 1967.

* Displacement: 13,000 metric tons type. 16,185 tons fully loaded.

* Length: 189.9 m.

* Beam: 22 m.

* Draft: 8.50 m.

* Propulsion: 4 B & W boilers (100,000 hp). 4 GE turbines. 4 propellers.

* Speed: 31 knots.

* Range: 7,200 miles at 15 knots.

* Equipment: 1,112

* Armament: 26 Bofors anti-aircraft guns of 40 mm.

* Electronics: 3 radar air and surface exploration.

* 1 tactical radar.

* 1 radar altimetry.

* 4 radars shooting.

* Aircraft: Up to 33 planes and helicopters. AB-212 helicopters, Sea King and H-500. VSTOL aircraft Harrier AV-8A and AV-8B.

The real fate is that she was cut up and recycled. but maybe the RACS is able to fit her with 2 steam powered catapults and recovery cables.