Sign in to follow this  
wld427

Project RACS

You say that about the drop zones in North Sahrani, in my opinion, that's enough reason for the RACS to maintain a Para battalion, considering the tensions between the two countries. (And the fact that eventually the North and South are united)

But the N. Sahrani DZs are in terrible positions, all of them are behind Corazol. The first jumpers would be surrounded and annihilated before any follow-on jumps. It's not like the entire unit would be able to jump at the same time, you know?

I'm loving this mod so far notworthy.gif

Little suggestion: maybe you could reskin the AV-8b

Would be pretty cool to have an RACS harrier because of it's STOL.

Lennard. wink_o.gif

Well i doubt we will reskin the harrier. Honestly its out of our design goals. What we will have is the Etendard in both naval and airforce versions, the A-4 in several strike versions, and possibly the F-4 or F-5 as our interceptor. After that we are looking to the Pucara, Bronco, or a37 for out COIN aircraft.

Dropzones.....well i guess thats up to the mission maker. I dump troops out of GranQs Be32k all over the island without issues... sometimes some land in water, happens in real life too..... TRUST ME on that one... its  a fact of life.

We are working closely with the FFAA mod so i would expect to see a version of thier transport.

Thanks for all the intererst in the MOD. Talking ideas like the ones expressed on these pages has really helped develop us.

below is a roundel we came up with for the  royal Sahrani navy. I challenge anyone else to come up with a Naval Jack for us too.

NavyRoundelcopy.jpg

Well i doubt we will reskin the harrier. Honestly its out of our design goals. What we will have is the Etendard in both naval and airforce versions, the A-4 in several strike versions, and possibly the F-4 or F-5 as our interceptor. After that we are looking to the Pucara, Bronco, or a37 for out COIN aircraft.

Dropzones.....well i guess thats up to the mission maker. I dump troops out of GranQs Be32k all over the island without issues... sometimes some land in water, happens in real life too..... TRUST ME on that one... its  a fact of life.

We are working closely with the FFAA mod so i would expect to see a version of thier transport.

Thanks for all the intererst in the MOD. Talking ideas like the ones expressed on these pages has really helped develop us.

below is a roundel we came up with for the  royal Sahrani navy. I challenge anyone else to come up with a Naval Jack for us too.

http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk11/wld427/NavyRoundelcopy.jpg[/img

The Pucara fits the RACS perfectly.. RKSL has one in a very early stage ut currently on hold because it has a lower priority.

well the Royal navy should atleast get a mid size carrier for there naval fighters. look at brazil they got fighter @ bomber verisons of the A4 skyhawk launching from that small cv.

maybe add some frigates to @ possible old fletcher class modernized destoyers. "HEY Tawian had em " yay.gif

As we are trying to get this mod off the ground with donated models and textures, it limits us to the stuff already out there or in OFP at this point. Unfortunately the stuff from OFP takes so much work to port and we are limited on scripters. FA Dalai Lamar is already overwhelmed with stuff due to the fact he is a very busy fellow in RL. So if anyone is interested in helping out we have alot of stuff that needs converting and textures updated. Please get in contact with me. I think we will shy away from too many large boats for the RSN. The fast attack craft we have in the works as we as some other stuff we are waiting on permissions for will limit the scope of what we have.

Thanks

Eddie

Quote[/b] ]Dropzones.....well i guess thats up to the mission maker. I dump troops out of GranQs Be32k all over the island without issues... sometimes some land in water, happens in real life too..... TRUST ME on that one... its a fact of life.

Well yeah, in-game you can drop guys anywhere you want. They don't break their legs when they hit trees, and they don't have Sgt Airborne yelling at them when they go in the water.

Well seems it's an even better reason to equip the Sahrani with Airmobile troops jumpin' out of helo's. Would be great to see a RSAF version of HWM's Huey too

Really looking forward to seeing more RACS and RSAF stuff. Keep up the great work smile_o.gif

We have our own huey version in the AB212 from the FFAA mod. I have made several versions including medevac, gunship, at, and transport. As soon as lamar can finish the configs (PLEASE be patient hes a busy professional man) we can get them over to EddyD to skin. Then i will be able to give you a preview. We do have the chinook, and SH3 as well as some attack helos.

WIP of the Royal Sahrani Navy Etendard

ArmA2008-06-2422-15-54-10.jpg

Excellent.

I can't wait to see the Navy in all it's glory.

Are you going to replace the standard RACS UH-60 with your RACS UH-60? Think it would look better due to it's use in Queen's Gambit (The Royal Flush campaign, your skin is vastly superior to BIS' own)

If anyone out there is willing to donate thier time and help with texture merging or configging PLEASE get in contact with me. We are a group of just a couple modders and we need somone who can merge our textures for us from our OFP imports.

Thanks

Eddie

AMAZING now all we are is missing a small carrier and possible wolf me going off the catapult....crashes etendard into the water..... huh.gif well atleast the ejection seat works whistle.gif

top job guys have always wanted racs to have the v150 lav's :d

Please refrain from shouting.

@ Placebo,

:

Quote[/b] ]Quote (Steele @ June 22 2008,23:21)

top job guys have always wanted racs to have the v150 lav's  :d

Please refrain from shouting.

you've got to be kidding, what difference does it make if i shout! particularly if its a compliment.

Surely you've got better things to do with your time  icon_rolleyes.gif

to remain on topic; as i said TOP JOB GUYS!!!!!!

Im sure Placebo would agree also

@ Malik Please note forum rule below;

"§12) Do not type in all capital letters

Typing in all caps equals according to standard net etiquette to yelling. It is also difficult reading such posts"

according to this rule i did not yell as my post in question was in bold not in capitals  tounge2.gif

@Steele : Maybe because it's a forum rule ?

On topic : I like your addons and it gives the RACS a full armory to choose from. Though, it gives a serious edge to the RACS, as they now have twice as many units available than other sides !

Would be wonderful if such a project could exist for BLUFOR and OPFOR. This way, the mission maker could pick the unit that fits most (MiG29 for SLA, A/F4 for RACS, F16 for US, T80+72 for SLA, T55+M60A3 for RACS, M1A1/2 for US, and so on).

Of course, that would represent one thing : fully standardized addons for all sides ^^ The dream of an any mission/addon maker biggrin_o.gif

Malick

Thanks everyone for all your support! we will post more and more soon as we get more coded. I have to get stuff configged and make model corrections, Wld427 is pumping out models and textures and EDDYD god love him is creating some sweet retexs of our retexs and some damn nice ones of his own. We will most likely release an alpha of these addons....We really need some help with combining textures and some remapping.....we also need a config guy to take my place when I have to go away on business....that would put a serious bite in progress as I am away for essentially a month. Anyway we are recruiting as this is turning out to be a serious load of work.

@Mallick don't worry there will also be some balancing SLA troops and vehicles included in this pack...actually quite a few...We will leave the U.S./NATO stuff up to the likes of Johny, Ebud, Scars, Cameron and VILAS etc., they are doing amazing things.

Our take on this is that while the RACS has some better epuipment (not too much better), the SLA have vastly superior numbers to overwhelm them. More types of equipment does not mean more equipment overall. Plus...the RACS was pretty realistically underequipped for an oil wealthy nation with disputed borders with an aggresive neighbors whose ideology is diametrically opposed. Not to mention the ethnic disparity between the 2 islands....I think that is a potential flashpoint too....Anyway...back to the configging salt mine!

Lamar

um RSn royal saharni navy..hmm I think the signapore navy took that already

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republic_of_Singapore_Navy

but for everything else. Awsomeness man i cant wait to help ya guys test this out in closed beta or alpha..gah screw the terms ill help ya test when the times comes.

some quick suggestions..

"make the flag more like miltary grey. u dont see US or Royal navy fighters with the american or british flag brightly painted on em. now do ya..

the navy should have atleast one small carrier to suport the 2 naval aircraft @ possible 2 class of surface vessals possible a frigate or corvettes.

yay.gif well best of luck guys keep up the good work.@ dont let any sla commando sabatoge your plans.... biggrin_o.gif

there is also the Royal Saudi Navy an a whole host of others we debated when we talked about the royal sahrani airforce. KISS> keep it simple and stupid.....we like it.... were keeping it.....

we also wll have the etendard in an airforce version.

SLA will get a bunch of new troops that Lamar is working on. They will also probably see a jet, boat, and a couple light vehicles. Vilas and a host of others have a hell of alot of eastern bloc equipment out there for them so they are more than covered.

Heres some more WIP pics for ya....

arma2008-06-2423-09-36-89.jpg

ArmA2008-06-2515-25-25-54.jpg

MiG21.jpg

yes..... thats a MiG21

Looking very good biggrin_o.gif

Hope we see a Mig 29 in the future (A man can dream)

This project is absolutely excellent, keep up the good work guys.

Nice one, What resolution is the external texture?

hey VXR.... you are welcome to use our roundel if you like on the hawk.......

hey VXR.... you are welcome to use our roundel if you like on the hawk.......

Thanks but I have made one already. smile_o.gif Only a little bit different but allmost the same.