Sign in to follow this  
wld427

Project RACS

ohh looking nice, this project remind me of the old Nogovan armed forces project for OFP, nice to see Racs getting a proper army smile_o.gif

this black dragon is fantastic idea !

super smile_o.gif

it gives "atmosphere" ;]

nice work, is this the final texture of the chinook?

Who is the creator of the chinook model? looks good

The chinook originally was made by Afrografix (spelling?). Ported Arma by the FFAA mod team and reskinned for us by EddyD. Our mod will include a complete readme crediting the original model makers, skinners, and mods they came from.

The model itself is not final as we plan to add M240Hs in the doors but thats still down the road. We may wind up using M60s or something obscure to make it different. Our goal is lots of variety for mission makers.

Thanks

Eddie

Thought of that as the King is the Commander of the Forces he needs a vehicle wich is comfortable when he visit his troops.

So I converted my WIP M109 into a suitable vehicle.

M109-king.jpg

But I think something is missing - any suggestions?

suggetstions

for the officers ride to be PIMPEd.

..1 tv

a mini bar

@ a sexy catchick poster.

@ now for the more nesscary stuff

A tatical feild radio.

a large gps map system

computers.

windows.

and car keys.

rofl.gif

Fritz is right.... computers .......a map.... and i think the president would have a much nicer bed than some army bunks  smile_o.gif

Thanks for the ideas. Think I will add a bill board map, the radio (got that idea too), a laptop and a pic of the royal family or so. The minibar would be a nice gimmick too.

PM me reguarding your project

now.. i was thinking a bit and figured.. the RACS Paratroopers need a nice plane to jump from (they have paratroopers becouse of the many islands that makes up the kingdom)

and i figured a perfect plane would be the AN2 cargo plane (worlds biggest double decker)

the planes was originally bought from soviet in the mid 50´s as mail and cargo planes but was later modified to become military cargo and "jump" planes.

and even though the planes are old they are in tiptop shape.

now.. i was thinking a bit and figured.. the RACS Paratroopers need a nice plane to jump from (they have paratroopers becouse of the many islands that makes up the kingdom)

and i figured a perfect plane would be the AN2 cargo plane (worlds biggest double decker)

the planes was originally bought from soviet in the mid 50´s as mail and cargo planes but was later modified to become military cargo and "jump" planes.

got a model you want to donate?

pistols.gifpistols.gifpistols.gifpistols.gifpistols.gifpistols.gif

We are searching for a cargo plane too.... may wind up with the one from the FFAA mod.

top job guys have always wanted racs to have the v150 lav's :d

as long as the addons dont require QG. im ready to rock.

Suggestion on the cargo plane.. maybe the c130s little bro for the ROYAL AIRFORCE Of Sahrani i forget it was called but it had 2 engines instead of 4 but looked alot like the c130. we used em in vietnam i know

Suggestion on the cargo plane.. maybe the c130s little bro for the ROYAL AIRFORCE Of Sahrani i forget it was called but it had  2 engines instead of 4 but looked alot like the c130. we used em in vietnam i know

I think you are thinking about the C123

c123dibujo.jpg

AC_Fairchild_C123_colour.jpg

YUP thats the one for sure. Now only if the racs did operation dumbo drop LOL rofl.gifrofl.gif

on a more serious note para troopers should probbely have alot of us or brit equipement SInce there the first ones in right after royal guard commandos @ us spec ops

A4 is indeed a perfect choice for a tiny U.S. client state though I'd have opted for UH-1's and no better than M60A3's.  As already mentioned a little more variation in markings between the different vehicle types would be good (i.e. not necessarily chevrons) but in and of itself everything looks superb!

Suggestion on the cargo plane.. maybe the c130s little bro for the ROYAL AIRFORCE Of Sahrani i forget it was called but it had  2 engines instead of 4 but looked alot like the c130. we used em in vietnam i know

The C-7 caribou would also fit that bill.

Great stuff guys.

And a couple of other possibilities.

F-16 were a great cheap exporter and good for an elite squadron.

Have you guys seen the Hellinic Warfare Mod RACS UH-1? i think it suit your idea very well.

I like that you guys have more than one vehicle to fill many of the roles. Take a peak at many of the smaller, less financial forces around the world and you can often find a large variety of older equipment being streched to last as long as possible.

The C-7 caribou would also fit that bill.

Great stuff guys.

And a couple of other possibilities.

F-16 were a great cheap exporter and good for an elite squadron.

Have you guys seen the Hellinic Warfare Mod RACS UH-1? i think it suit your idea very well.

I like that you guys have more than one vehicle to fill many of the roles. Take a peak at many of the smaller, less financial forces around the world and you can often find a large variety of older equipment being streched to last as long as possible.

The Hawk T1 is also a good option for Sahrani

Yeah, but Sahrani has so very few workable drop zones. Out of the nearby islands, Rahmadi is the only one suitable for an airborne operation, the smaller islands are just too small for a jump.

N. Sahrani has more drop zones than S. Sahrani, with the best I've seen suitable for an understrength company,

The RACS would benefit more from an Air Assault battalion than they would an Airborne battalion.

You say that about the drop zones in North Sahrani, in my opinion, that's enough reason for the RACS to maintain a Para battalion, considering the tensions between the two countries. (And the fact that eventually the North and South are united)

Yeah, but Sahrani has so very few workable drop zones. Out of the nearby islands, Rahmadi is the only one suitable for an airborne operation, the smaller islands are just too small for a jump.

N. Sahrani has more drop zones than S. Sahrani, with the best I've seen suitable for an understrength company,

The RACS would benefit more from an Air Assault battalion than they would an Airborne battalion.

well. i was talking about other user made islands that i imagine make up other parts of the Kingdome of sahrani wink_o.gif