Sign in to follow this  
wld427

Project RACS

whistle.gifwhistle.gifwhistle.gifwhistle.gifwhistle.gifwhistle.gifwhistle.gifwhistle.gif

the royal Sahrani navy will have thier own planes and helicopters.......

DAMN CAT!!!!!! get back in that bag......... nener.gif

notice THE PATTON 2000 is real  @ dose not suck.

M60-2000.jpg

also about the whole OVErpower force thing

in my fanfic. "which is inrelavent".

which i renamed the racs the royal phoenix armed services.the best tanks like the M1 made by Dm @ this m60 2000 would serve in small numbers With the ELITE royal guard.

why the regular army got the standerd M60 pattons.  @ with 1.14 patchs t72s.

also suggetstions for the navy.

it may consit of a mix OF coldwar era vessals @ maybe a few ww2 @ modern vessals

here some suggestions linked from wikipeda.

most likley gona be Cold war vessals maybe some old Ww2 ships @ modern vessals

farragut class

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Farragut_class_destroyer_%281958%29

spruce class

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spruance_class_destroyer

arlighburke class. possible 1 or 2

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arleigh_Burke_class_destroyer

hazard class

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oliver_Hazard_Perry_class_frigate

for carrier maybe kittyhawk mod or some other PRe nuclear aircraft carrier

prehaps forestail or midways or essex long

maybe also some modernized ww2 cruisers like modernized baltimore  @ york class crusiers

and for royal naval aircraft only got one thing to say

TOMCATS

f18.jpgnotworthy.gif

the navy will really have nothing bigger than an upgraded PBR type boat. An a sligtly larger version to carry sea skua missiles. Tomcat is a bit out of our range as we have an etendard and a mirage F1 now. Other than a SH3 helicopter there are no other plans except for some sailors and maybee a naval infantry type soldier.

@Fritz160 wolf... there will be a kings regiment. Thats the plan for the M60-2000. The M60A3 wil be for the regular Army, and eventually and M60A1 for the reserves.

On behalf of the whole team i want to say thanks for the feedback on our stuff. Its helped to channel our resources accordingly as well as spark some new ideas.

the argument that such a small island can't support such a big army could be countered by the presumption that sahrani is only the main island of a larger archipelago, so it reflects only part of the total population and land mass.

Do we need to say that it has a big army? I'd have thougt it'd be cooler to have a force of uparmoured and modified vehicles so they can make the most of what little they have/need.

Daniel @ June 16 2008,17:45)]Do we need to say that it has a big army? I'd have thougt it'd be cooler to have a force of uparmoured and modified vehicles so they can make the most of what little they have/need.

Ok well this topic has been debated in countles threads on this forum..... It boils down to we are doing equipment that different MODs have been so kind as to let us use. Unfortunatley that leaves out alot mf my own desires for the RACS as well. Once we have the reskinned vehicles ready we maybee will model some new stuff. Personally i would like to have ported a Tornado and made several versions but thats not going to happen. I would also love to have a VAB and chieftain for the RACS but we cannot secure permissions for them. Dont worry though there will be a wide scope of weapons in defferent forms such as reserves, regular army, SF, and the Kings Brigade. On each step up the ladder the equipment and troops will get more sophisticated and of higher quality. for example dont expect the reserves with jeeps and M60A1 tanks carrying FALs to have an interceptor vest smile_o.gif

well maybe they should alteast get kevlar. or unless the resverves are like construction Battlions supply units. or the poor grunt who cleans the latrine. lol

anthor BRIGHT suggestion.

whistle.gif

give the royal guard a dress uniform look @ maybe script them to stand like those british guards infront of the queens palace

it look like a real KINGS REGIMENT. smile_o.gif

im willing to help in anyway i can. sadly i dont got the skillz to mod @ my scripting skillz are sucky. but if ya need a tester or someone shoot with those new weapons... just call me up

well maybe they should alteast get kevlar. or unless the resverves are like  construction Battlions supply units. or the poor grunt who cleans the latrine. lol

anthor BRIGHT suggestion.

whistle.gif

give the royal guard a dress uniform look @ maybe script them to stand like those british guards infront of the queens palace

it look like a real KINGS REGIMENT.   smile_o.gif

im willing to help in anyway i can. sadly i dont got the skillz to mod @ my scripting skillz are sucky. but if ya need a tester or someone shoot with those new weapons... just call me up

thanks for the offer we will get in touch with you when test ing time comes.There will be troops in dress uniforms......

well for all of you who were worried about the textures..... the origina ones posted are betas.... we now have EddyD who is putting his incredible talents to the texts of our vehicles. See the screenies below.....

LAVandA-4.jpg

UH60andLAV.jpg

Phew. smile_o.gif

About the old OFP ports - will they be optimised for ArmA (e.g. section counts reduced, textures improved, etc)?

While the work is, from what i could see, excellent, i have to point out one thing. The RACS helicopters in vanilla arma do not have a green/desert yellow sheme, but are entirely painted in desert yellow with the flag going across the hull (iirc). To be honest, i would prefer this sheme to be maintained in order to have a little bit of distinction between the ground vehicles and aerial vehicles. Though in the end it is surely a matter of taste.

Also it would be pleasing to see the original birds being updated to the standard of the textures you have now. smile_o.gif

The thing with the UH60. As for weapons on it i think M240 would be a good thing.. they are cheaper and easyer to maintain (for a not so big army)

A small contry like sahrani woul propperly have something like 30 tanks in all.. correct me if im wrong.

The M60-2000 is a fantastic thing.. its a realistic way to update the current army (the normal M60A3) by using what they got and simply update it, instead of getting brand new things.

What is the plans for 4x4's ?

I must say the camo scheme on the UH60 works rather well, it reminds me of the way the ADF UH60s are painted. Looks top notch. Good choice with the A4, its what I would of chosen. smile_o.gif

I'd like to see vilas' LAV-25 in RACS colors.

And I think you should recolor al the vehicles to match the origional BIS RACS textures, because the tan is too brownish at the moment. Cool project though thumbs-up.gif

Lennard. wink_o.gif

I think the colour is fine as it is atm. Plus when this lot gets released there will be no need to use the BIS RACS stuff. wink_o.gif

While the work is, from what i could see, excellent, i have to point out one thing. The RACS helicopters in vanilla arma do not have a green/desert yellow sheme, but are entirely painted in desert yellow with the flag going across the hull (iirc). To be honest, i would prefer this sheme to be maintained in order to have a little bit of distinction between the ground vehicles and aerial vehicles. Though in the end it is surely a matter of taste.

Also it would be pleasing to see the original birds being updated to the standard of the textures you have now.  smile_o.gif

the UH60 is fot eh toyal sahrani Airforce.....they use cammoed equipment. All of our choppers for the RACS will be solid tan. As well the navy will have grey/blue cammo.

yes they will be optimized for Arma.

Ant the brown is seriously perfect. it all depends on the time of the Arma day and ange being looked at. I will make some screenies for comparisons so we can put the issue to rest wink_o.gif

hehe,

Infantry on the way....I am the main configger right now and am way behind the eightball as I have a ton to config right now....but I have the models and some textures done already and i have everything mapped out on what will and won't be done.

There will be new uniforms offered as a replacement, but it will be optional to those who are married to the BIS ones. Standard units will be BIS loadouts for multiplayer purposes, but there will be 3 other main infantry entities.

1) RACS Policia force both patrol and para-miltary Policia (basically a slightly heavier armed version of the Plocia)

2) Kings Division, Elite units with more modern weapons and equipment....this will include a special warfare unit and line infantry. very similar to the tiny standing regular force they will have uparmored versions of the BIS vehicles and a few better Armored pieces like the M60-2000...maybe a few better equiped choppers. They will get their own camo....I have one but would love to use SKAvens depending on permissions.

3) the conscript force.....bulk of the south's army will be armed and armored from a variety of stores....expect a mixture of past and present weapons and vehicles. Variety will be the order of the day here (this will be the most fun for me adn I think yall will really like these (No i nerceptor vests I assure you). Still coming up with a camo scheme for these. Weapons will have #s on the stocks as if they were issued by a quartermaster unit in case of call up. These units will still have capability but more outdated weapons (recoiless rifles, beat up FALS, G3s, m16A1s) the vehicles will primarily be riding in stock landrovers and light wheeled APCs ...If anyone has a German UR-416 modeled or can make one we would love this.

I will have pics as I am freed up....I have a prretty demanding job IRL and this is my busiest season (60-70 hrs a week, baseball coaching and a family of 5), so will take some time as I am the sole config guy right now (any Config masters out there with spare time please contact me or WLD427 he will love not having to wait on me all the time:) ).

Best Regards,

Lamar biggrin_o.gif

desert color is like the same as bis racs UH-60

look at the pic

bisuh60.jpg

noting too brownish

nener.gif

eddyD

concscripts.. eh well i sure hope its not one of those SUPER.. U FIGHT OR DIE conscription things the soviets had. maybe like atleast give the regular army Real fighting spirit. dont make em look like cowerds . any chance alteast half the army is volunteer. like US@commenwealth miltarys. @ equipment maybe THE frontline troops get some sort of protection @ better rifle maybe m16a2s a1s. @ the Reserves get the somewat good stuff to like. hell i wouldent be suprise if the company cook in the reaserve gets only a old m3 grease gun

@ to those who said sahrani is small THERE many user made island that look to be in the same tropical area as saharni its self. maybe some of those islands belong to BOTh the sla @ south saharni.

thats just my input. anthor bright suggetion to make a misson were US or nato troops end getting there asses kicked @ the royal army has to rush in to save there ass

biggrin_o.gif

Ive already started some missions and i do have one that requires the UN addon... you get to rush in and stop the SLA from slaughtering them smile_o.gif

What we really need is a good scripter FA Dalai Lamar is a suer busy guy in real life and he could use a lil support on the config side. Anyone interested please PM us.

Thanks for all the feedback we are trying to get this project to you as quickly and bug free as possible

laters

Eddie

Hi there.

If you need some good police units I've got some police designed for South Sahrani setting around somewhere, based off the uniforms here in the UK. I was going to release them in a big police pack (with SLA and private equivalents) but it sort of got sidetracked and I kind of accidentally deleted the config. There's a minor bug with the RVmats but if you want them you can have them. PM me if your interested smile_o.gif

(There's a reskinned hatchback to be in the same scheme as the Landie as well)

Some more work in process pics. The side view please note all the vehicles lined up. We call this the parkinglot method of testing the textures. As you can see EddyD has carefuly and painstakenly matched the RACS sand yellow and Green. Also is a sneak peek at some of EddyDs other projects....

ColorComparison.jpg

Shithook.jpg

A4Shelter.jpg