Sign in to follow this  
wld427

Project RACS

I would still like to see the F-4E Phanthom for RACS instead of the F-16 (don't know why you listened to the whiners, it was what "you" wanted to add in the first place).  The Super Entendard and Mirage III fit perfectly for RACS.  Maybe even a BAe Hawk would fit in well too.  As for armour, the Leopard 2A4 would be perfect along with the Gepard 1A2 for air defense.  The FN FAL's and G3's are a great fit too.  For a 5.56 type rifle, the SIG 550/551 would be sweet.  That's my 2 cents.

Seconding that on the F4.

However i get the impression that Project RACS is moving away from US equipment and going for the more european equipment.

which ever way it goes it will be great im sure :P

well besides the MiG23 and MiG21 we are currently working you will really not see much more in the way fo aircraft from us. Possibly a version of the Mirage with bombs. I too would like to see the F-4 Phantom but tell me where it would fit in the order of battle that we do not have covered already(i am inviting debate on this). No F-86... just a lil too old. No one uses it anymore where as you can find MiG15s on the runways of 3rd world nations still. Depending on how RockIslandMarine's cockpit texture for the A-4 turns out you may still see that one. right now we are focusing on the hellicopters. Alligator schmaligator(its a nice addon just saying our troops wont be worried by it). We have the Puma from Bushwars already retextured by eddyD in several variants. transport, MEDEVAC, Naval, SAR, and a gunship. this will be followed by the AH-1Z, MD500, and a couple more gunship loadouts for the lil bird.  After that our main foucus will be the ground forces. Vilas is letting us use his new Leos sow e will have versions of both the Leo1 and Leo2. Also the M60-2000 is near completion. Connor is progressing nicely with the ships and once he gets his textures sorted out i will get some photos up. I am sure once we get the bulk of our stuff out the project will not end. We honestly forsee Arma being played for a while till patches for ArmaII get sorted out.

sweeet! biggrin_o.gif

i suppose your rigth about the Sabre it is abit old, i do tend to forget when ArmA is set, but i do think the A4 would fit in well with any naval air force you may have?

what about arty,i think racs should have something different than what is on offer.example a G5 cannon from South Africa fits the bill quite nicely.also used in Iraq and Angola[combat proven].excellent work ,big on u all,thanks biggrin_o.gif

we have a really awesone PLQ-86 155mm howitzer from the VME mod and we reskinned the D30. it seems to fit the RACS much better. I really wish the game had a good Paladin or M198 howitzer. or the ole M102.

hmm im not sure that the racs get LEO 2 unless its the OLD versions like a4 or there own custom version " becuse the only country thats gotten LEo2 a6s out of eroupe right now is cannada. " maybe british Cheftian @ cetreruion tanks @ possibly refitted challanger 1s WIth challenger 2 system upgrades""

" I see the leo 1 though as a good tank for the racs. but id go for the hwm version of the leo 1. I havent seen any of villas leo 1s so im skeptical about them.

As for the rest of the armored. " M60a3s should get some era pieces. . after all the SLa got fricken t90s now thxs to ike. not to meantion the possibilty of dealing SKinnies armed with cheep rpgs.".

oh @ F4. Probbely fit in the reserve airforce. as a secondary fighter. @ Maybe even a sam site killer. "hey they did it up to 1992. So i can see the F4 in those roles. Not to meantion they just look damn SEXY.

the Sexiness of the F-4 is no doubt. the BAe Hawk would fit but the A-4 is a better fit. (unless your tall, it's quit a cramped space) the main reason that is, it is easier to find part for an A-4. (kinda like Iran and there love of the F-5 freedom fighter) and the A-4 can support more weapons making a better multi-role airframe.

on the fact of the M-60. it a damn good tank. during desert storm M-60s took on Iraqi T-72 and won. plus many country still use them. M-60 2000 is a monster, it has the turret of the M1A1 and the reliable M-60 chassis/powerplant , good luck to anything looking down the end of that peace.

An F-5 would be perfect for the job, but the Bae Hawk sounds like a good one too, maybe as a backup or trainer?

3 plane types for an island the size of sahrani, i would say thats pleanty.. larger contrys have less.

Have you guys done any reseach on what simular contrys have, to base armed forces size on that?

3 plane types for an island the size of sahrani, i would say thats pleanty.. larger contrys have less.

Have you guys done any reseach on what simular contrys have, to base armed forces size on that?

precisely why we chose the planes we did and the variations we did. I need to clarify the MiG21 and MiG23 are meant to offset the massive upgrade in airpower the RACS is getting. There are plenty of hinds, tanks, and other items out there for the east side. So there is no need for a complete SLA pack. There really will not be any eastern items int he ranks of the RACS except the D30.... may change to M119.if anyone has or knows aof a good model of the old US M102 howitzer i woudl ne in your debt forever.

Mig-23 "Flogger" and it's ground attack brother, the Mig-27 "Flogger" would be a good choice.  Maybe even a Mig-29 "Fulcrum" export version for SLA.

I am putting this out there for debate. ita a lil bit too new bt i started one a while back and it would not take much to complete it....

Eurocopter Tigre Gunship?

IMO or that it would be better an italian Mangusta or an even less sofisticated HOT missiles equipped Gazelle

Dont know why you spelled it french - international is "Tiger". wink_o.gif Would be nice to have all three variants (UHT,HAP,HAD) or maybe only an customized RACS one. Bushmaster 4x4 and Eagle I, Eagle II would fit into RACS vehicle fleet too. Maybe ADF and Switzerland Mod are able to assist?

Well, if you want a Tiger helicopter ask the FFAA mod or the ADF mod guys. I think both mods have a working tiger helicopter.

i Already ahve one from the ADF mod..... it would not take much to finish it. I was asking about interest. If people want it, i will finish it.

Variety is the spice of life, so I'm all for the Tiger.

As much kit as you're willing to make for the RACS, the community will use and appreciate. Simply because everyone has different opinions about what should be used.

hmm i agree  the erou tiger is a good choice after all the racs GOT the AH1 cobra i see no point of not having a erou combat chopper.  " now all we needs a cat chick painted on its nose.  hehe   or tiger teeth.  biggrin_o.gif

id still love to see some light armor in the racs maybe for the aircav if there is ever one the GOOD OLd sheridan

http://www.carolinasaviation.org/images/Vehicles/SheridanTank.jpg

lol nice! I second that about the sheridan tank, its like ancient biggrin_o.gif

It would suit the Racs well i think.

Honestly fellas if there was a decent Sheradin model out there we woudl have dove for it from the start for our paratroopers.