Sign in to follow this  
W0lle

Arma feedback thread - based on 1.14

Wow!!! I'm impressed you guys! Now that's a $@#^#& patch. Thanks!

I'm not going to the office today! Time to work from home! wink_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifpistols.gifyay.gif

Awesome patch, and i love the new MG and AT static units that have been added. Only thing is you still can't manually guide missiles beyond 1500m which is a bit of a shame but hey still very impressed with what I have discovered so far. Will try out the rest of the bonus units tommorrow, oh yeah the marines are a good addition!

Did you guys noticed that BIS also released the Tools for version 1.14?

Update 1st or 2nd post, wake up dudes! smile_o.gif

TOOLS for 1.14

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/BI_Tools

For those you have problems with visitor: [urlhttp://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard311/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST;f=77;t=73568;st=0;entry1248933]check here[/url]

Thanks for the patch Bohemia Interactive Studio.

I played a short test mission and didn't notice any problems yet.

Although it needs further investigation until I can give the thumbs-up.gif

Quick update: we hope to release Linux server 1.14 tomorrow or on Friday.

Changelog sound really impressive!

Thx for this one! thumbs-up.gif

The only thing i don't like is that there seems to be no bugfix for the 6G30 confused_o.gif

MfG, Medicus

Glad a final patch has been released, means things can move forward together again.

Could someone point me in the right direction for getting anything similar to the 1.11 Field of View back?

Daniel @ May 21 2008,18:06)]Could someone point me in the right direction for getting anything similar to the 1.11 Field of View back?

Note that FOV in 1.14 is something in between 1.08 and 1.12 - we feel like it's now very well balanced based on the feedback from 1.12.

Yeah, it's better than 1.12, but it's still too zoomed in. I really don't see the need when we

A) Already have reduced peripheral vision.

B) Have an option to zoom in further via the RMB by default.

So any pointers on how I can back it out a little?

finally the 108/112 split can get under 1 roof, nice in itself b4 we get thru the bugfixes

the only problem i had with 112 was every blue moon it blue screened, and that was after installing mods, and on changelog is something to do with 'malprogramed mods' causing errors fixed

Hello all

I like the new stuff added, but Im still experiencing many LOD/ Texture streaming errors whenever near buidings.

All settings on low/normal

My dxdiag (drivers updatd)

Also had my first CDT for ages. No error message other thatn reeport to microsoft thingy.

Rgds

LoK

Thank you BIS. It seems my "out of memory" errors and CTDs have ceased. Well, in game at least. I've finally been able to play the DAC mission I'm creating without problem for an extended period of time. Even through the parts that the CTD's made it unplayable.

Unfortunately I just got the CTD "Out of memory" error when I used Alt+Tab to exit game, and backup my save point so I could write this praise. But once I tried to enter back into the game to save my location, the "out of memory" error showed it's nasty face.

Hopefully this is just a freak occurrence. Other than this sole CTD, I'm extremely satisfied with the 1.14 version.

Thanks again for all the time and effort. Hopefully it's been a profitable endeavor for you. I look forward to ArmA 2 and for my copying of VBS2 and packs to arrive. Il'' be sure to report any more CTD's.

thumbs-up.gif

It seems I may have come across a problem, since loading the game patched to 1.14 the sound keeps cutting out when changing from exterior to interior views of aircraft, it doesnt last long 1-2 seconds but it never occured with previous patches...anyone else?

LOD's switches are now much much better!! Sometimes when my fps are very low it is shitty as in 1.12b, but overall much better for me!

Thx!

But still very bad framerate in MP in Citys(<30fps sometimes down to 20fps). And I don't know why.

(Excellent framerate in SP with hundreds of Units...(mostly >50fps))

It seems I may have come across a problem, since loading the game patched to 1.14 the sound keeps cutting out when changing from exterior to interior views of aircraft, it doesnt last long 1-2 seconds but it never occured with previous patches...anyone else?

Are you running with a clean Arma\Addons folder with 1.14 or are you using any MODS/Addons at all?

Nice patch. Works fine and also the LOD aliasing (cracking) is gone. No more white or black lines between LOD-levels. Don't know whether or not you have really fixed it, or just ignored it because it was only a side-effect on a single machine (mine). However, nice going folks!

Hello there,

thanks for the patch. Some of the new content is quite useful and I think the new roads on the S.Sahrani island will give missions makers some new locations(although the road through the mountain doesn't look like AI material at all).

After having failed to convince you of the potential of a working "selectPlayer" command in ArmA , I hope you guys think about it for ArmA2. It just seems to me giving the mission maker the ability to have the players switch to any unit on the map in an MP mission under conditions defined by the mission maker would make things a lot more dynamic,bigger in scale and therefore interesting.

In any case, good luck with uninterupted ArmA2 development from now on smile_o.gif.

Stupid question.

I've installed 1.14 but i cant locate the desert marines or the woodland soldiers. What the differance between southern sahrani and the sahrani light from the demo. Go easy on me as i'm having a dumb day... crazy_o.gif

EDIT. Fixed. I originally downloaded the patch from Armed assault.info but when i redownloaded the patch from a different mirror, after installing i have now got the marines and woodland BDU.

Hi, while i was testing the Scars SA-6 Beta, with two Harriers, a

box of my M4's, one of those not good looking BIS Marines(D) and

how the AI Harriers react to the laser designator... i switched to

the Tactical View and i seen this:

arma_114_bug.jpg

The woodland camo on those units look good, but i don't know why

there're only 2 soldiers with that BDU, a rifleman and a medic; but

the patch performance is good, a bit better; but i could write rivers

of ink about what i miss in this last patch. Anyways... that's what

i've seen, i didn't seen it before when i tryed by 1St time those

two woodland dressed units. Let's C ya

Hi all

Two Bugs both collision detection

Low Nest under Empty warfare buildings you pop out on to the top of it while crawling around inside. sad_o.gif annoying

Hesco Site Listed under Empty warfare buildings entrance area is intermitantly blocked depending on where it is placed.

Can Reproduce place Hesco in editor on Sahrani

at Grid GG(55/56) to the left of the Hill 20 at Maximum zoom so that the bottom of the hesco editor map Icon is in line with the (55/56) grid line and the bottom right corner of the hesco editor map icon is two Map Editor cusor squares left of the 20 at max zoom.

Probably easiest thing is for me to send and example mission to somone at BIS PM me and I will send it.

Otherwise the update is briliant. yay.gif

Kind Regards walker