Sign in to follow this  
hoz

Arma feedback thread - based on 1.11

can someone plz send me the A10.pbo file?

it seems its the installer deleted it, would be better for BIS to take a look

unlike others i have received no error message while i am installing

Can anyone confirm this? What are the exact steps to have a10 (and armory?) addon removed from the game?

Same problem, I just installed the beta patch, declined to install the BattlEye application, tried to run the beta .exe and was prompted with an error. The a10 is missing ingame..

Edit, thanks hoz for that upload.

Just tried to host a session over Internet to try out VON with a friend but he was unable to connect with 1.11b (works OK with 1.08). He saw my server in the list but couldn't connect, received "Connection failed", anyone else having this issue with 1.11b?

/KC

As I am still at replaying the campaign I am quite happy with the fixes. VON is not of my interest as I don´t play MP, so I can´t comment here.

Pro´s I have found:

- Game seems to run flawless regarding memory handling. No more CTD or freezes up to now.

- AI still responsive and dangerous but more lifelike when it comes to detecting and firing.

- Improved memory handling seems to enable me to run with higher overall settings and viewdistance

- I can use shadows now

Con´s:

- Again OpenAL issue after install

- mouse aiming is unprecise and aiming is hard as the mouse "jumps"

- Still no option to disable autocentre when controlling vehicles

- Texture loading bug still there

+ all the other unadressed flaws that have been there since the original release of Arma and have been talked to death already

- volume inside vehicles too low, still

Overall a good patch so far but still not a final one that would at least fix all those little annoyers we have to live with since day one.

Nice easter-present though.

Cheers ! thumbs-up.gif

huh.gif What mouses do you use, with that you got trouble aiming?

The first thing i tested with 1.11 was Evolution SP, and the aiming works without strange behavior of my mouse, in CQB and long distance sniping.

...and long distance sniping.

In long distance shooting with ironsights the problem is most noticeable. It seems to go away with mouse sensitivity set all the way to the left, but that isn't really playable for most people.

This problem doesn't occur in other games.

Maybe if ArmA could dynamically lower the sensitivity when zooming with ironsights it would fix it? And/or when pressing the 'hold breath' button? I think this is already done for scopes based on zoom level, but I' not sure right now.

Although it seems to be an issue with the way the game handles aiming.

to bis: is it possible to get a hotfix for the mp join bug before we get the final patch so we can test it properly please?

I certainly hope a quick fix too. It is a real showstopper for us.

Well i for one have not even tried 1.09 for fear I would not be able to join servers, so therefore I have not tried 1.11 just yet. Has it fixed the smoke and flash effects with the Shilka and the recoil of the mounted MK19 on the Stryker?

Has it fixed the smoke and flash effects with the Shilka and the recoil of the mounted MK19 on the Stryker?

1. Don't know what you mean.

2. No.

I was really *HOPING* the bike multiplayer bug would be fixed in this version, since it wasn't fixed in 1.09 beta.

It is *NOT* fixed.

On small servers it seems okay, but get up to 16-32 players and drive around on the bike, and BAM you are dead if you are driving too fast on it. Exactly the same as before.

banghead.gif

I was really *HOPING* the bike multiplayer bug would be fixed in this version, since it wasn't fixed in 1.09 beta.

It is *NOT* fixed.

On small servers it seems okay, but get up to 16-32 players and drive around on the bike, and BAM you are dead if you are driving too fast on it. Exactly the same as before.

banghead.gif

speaking of bike i noticed AI in 1.09 beta was ignoring players driving on bike (static and vehicles)

need test this in 1.11 but i don't remember yet being shot by e.g. D30 or MG

Well i for one have not even tried 1.09 for fear I would not be able to join servers, so therefore I have not tried 1.11 just yet. Has it fixed the smoke and flash effects with the Shilka and the recoil of the mounted MK19 on the Stryker?

you do know that it works like a mod, and you can just disable it for servers that run 1.08?

...and long distance sniping.

In long distance shooting with ironsights the problem is most noticeable. It seems to go away with mouse sensitivity set all the way to the left, but that isn't really playable for most people.

This problem doesn't occur in other games.

Maybe if ArmA could dynamically lower the sensitivity when zooming with ironsights it would fix it? And/or when pressing the 'hold breath' button? I think this is already done for scopes based on zoom level, but I' not sure right now.

Although it seems to be an issue with the way the game handles aiming.

For me, vertical movement is perfectly smooth. Even with sensitivity set at maximum. Horizontal movement is incremental though, with the largest increment at maximum sensitivity, and the smallest increment at minimum (which is not noticeable).

I'm guessing the problem lies in the fact that x mouse input is handled differently somehow than y mouse input. It's possible however that y input is also incremental, just that the increment is never large enough to be noticed within the whole range of sensitivity.

(Just to note: It is specifically a mouse issue, I haven't ever experienced incremental movement with a joystick)

I immediately noticed white draw lines all over the ocean and terrain, starting at about 900m. They are less noticeable when I increase the draw distance though. I also noticed some weird texture stretching on the ocean, it was the water between two islands, the texture was a bunch of lines instead of the water effect, but it disappeared when I got closer to it. I have an ati x1950 card, but my drivers aren't updated regularly, could this be the problem? Arma 1.09 didn't have this bug. Aside from that, I did notice a nice difference in fps, and I moved my draw distance out to 3500 from 2000, and I get 20-45 fps stable at 1680x1050.

speaking of bike i noticed AI in 1.09 beta was ignoring players driving on bike (static and vehicles)

need test this in 1.11 but i don't remember yet being shot by e.g. D30 or MG

On Evolution an enemy soldier did see me and shoot me before I could run him over... so they do see us.

Can we play something else OTHER THAN Evolution?

Just where are those oil pumps, anyway?

They're in the desert, you can see them on the map.

Me and a friend just tried 1.11 out. Our games went hopeless. Very unstable, laggy and slow.

The textures load way to slow and the game crashed.

We both have 8800... This didn't happen in 1.09

It is *NOT* fixed.

banghead.gif

Yep Same here came of Bike in MP... guess they didnt fix it.

Also the new patch hasnt really improve performance at all for me. I got a CTD last night.

For me still only a matter of time before my dedi server crashes with the "out of memory" error...

Out of memory (requestet 838kb). Reserved 294912kb. Total free 20267kb. Free blocks 196, Max free size 679kb...

Thought 1.11 was supposed to fix excactly that problem smile_o.gif

Can we play something else OTHER THAN Evolution?

Just where are those oil pumps, anyway?

This thread is for ArmA feedback, based on v1.11 - not for the constant complaining about Evo being played.

Request or discuss this on the server you play, not here.

Is there a BattleEye thread based off 1.11? My BE is having serious issues, can't play online anymore for more then 5 to 15 mins sometimes i get kicked or just merely lose connectiuon, thanx.

Very happy with 1.11 so far. Has resolved the server issues we were experiencing with 1.09, seems to also have a slight increase in FPS with extra VD Nice work Mr BIS

Well the patch sure hasn't done anything to bring back the Ctf community. I connected 8 times tonight and got Zero servers for the new patch. I then connected to 1.08 and got 2 servers. Do you guys, who post here, ever look at the state of the Ctf servers? I really wonder if you would feel like that if it were your coop servers. Nobody from the Ctf community is here to complain anymore. Most if not all have left already and i suppose thats ok though, or is it?

I'll post back in a weeks time to let you know how many Ctf servers i find then. When you consider that Ctf and Cti was the most played game in Ofp, What a joke this is.

Animation/transions still not fixed. Will they be fixed in the final patch? As for smooth gameplay, it didn't work for me.

Quote[/b] ]What mouses do you use, with that you got trouble aiming?

I´m using a Logitech Marble Mouse and had this aiming problem since Arma has been released. Vertical it´s quite precise, but horizontal with ironsights it´s just not working right. When I try to aim at someone beyond 200 I have to readjust left and right to finally get my sights on the target precisely. Quite annoying and it got me killed more than I can count.

I´d also be very pleased if BIS fixed the aimpoint. As it is right now it is just too big and hindering aiming when zoomed in. I guess there is a mod that fixes it but I´d prefer a unified BIS solution here.

Me and a friend just tried 1.11 out. Our games went hopeless. Very unstable, laggy and slow.

The textures load way to slow and the game crashed.

We both have 8800... This didn't happen in 1.09

Yeah same here, BAD performance. I hope whatever factor made the game run so smooth in 1.09 on 8800 will be in the final patch.